Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

It would surprise me if one of our NPCs don't have at least a dot in stealth. But even with none and going in untrained, it's probably best for stealth to not have a massive contingent following us and have a 4-6 ponies. Would surprise me if you didn't have a Master of Assassins of some sort (then again out in the desert and such I am trying SO hard not to make Dune references) as well among my six there's got to be one a little better at sneaking. We're not needing full on ninjas here, just enough to go "yup, they're up to something"

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about what Crazy Horse would do in-character. I don't recall that he brought any assassins along (my "I had something prepared" points pool probably doesn't carry across scenes.) He's more of a 'refuge in audacity' kind of guy.

Anyway, I'll have an IC reply soon (my family's going on a day trip tomorrow, not sure when I'll be able to post). We'll see where we take it from there.

Ah, when I said that about assassins I was referring to something like a less cool version of the Mentat Thurfir Hawat from Dune, something like a spymaster or such who's job is this. Of course that's up to Bramble. And no worries on when the post happens. Sometimes I just need a place like this OOC area to throw my running thoughts out even if they are a bit derp. :razz:

I think a roll lore to best figure out if fae pay attention to an animal (like say an owl) for stealth recon... or are they savvy enough to know about lunar ponies. Lore3 +Int4

Edit: Spoke to Bramble already and know the answer is this method isn't going to work, so I think I have an idea for another. Look for incoming post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, yeah, but I wasn't sure they'd signed up for actually going into a Fae territory with no attempt at concealment whatsoever. I didn't know if you were the kind of DM who would have them fall back, especially since Ferrou's ponies don't know enough about Crazy Horse to really trust him, I guess.

Anyhow, if it's an automatic success, I'll just post.

I'll also make mention that you can readily choose the actions of your own followers. You can decide their personalities and the like - I just seeded a little bit in there cause I saw stuff that needed doing, but ultimately you guys are the deciders on your followers. They are dots on your character sheets, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I was turned here by the current GM of Ponies & Dragons, and I have no idea what the rules are or what combat is or anything. And 20 something dollars is not what I want to spend on an online RP for a rulebook. Can someone please sum it up shortly or at least give me an idea of how the game runs? It looks so interesting, but I can't wrap my head around the concept.

This is a World of Darkness game. If you've played any WoD game, you have a basic idea of the basic structure of the character sheet.

The basic summary is: in the age of legends, in a flat world that actually has edges that you can fall off of, the primordial beings which created the world kept the gods as slaves. The gods created champions to defeat the things which had enslaved them.

You are either a chosen of the Unconquered Sun (Celestia) or Everchanging Luna (needs no translation). The Sun-chosen (Solars) are the perfect heroes, champions of existance. The Moon-chosen (Lunars) are shapeshifters, adapters, guardians against the chaotic beings from beyond that seek a way into creation to feed on our emotions and virtues (Changelings, Discord). In Exalted Equestria, you are a reincarnation of one of the main six or a background pony of some sort.

The main rule of Exalted is 'Rule of Cool" - if you describe something awesome, if you do a magnificent 'stunt', then you get bonus dice and regain willpower. The power level is 'Large'. You start off fairly potent, but as you grow and develop, you are expected to be able to single-handedly take on entire armies and succeed. To sneak across an empty courtyard at full noon.

In your case, speaking of archers, am unarmed solar archer have an arrow shot at her ... she catches it out of mid-air, and a bow of golden light appears in the air before her. She places the arrow into the glorious golden bow, draws back the string, and releases ... it arches high into the air... and as you track its flight with your eyes, you lose it in the bright sun ... then you see it coming back down. No, wait, thgat's it over there ... ten... thirty ... there's an entire hail of arrows! Where'd they all come from?!

The army falls before the hail of arrows, decimated, but there's still enough to make life difficult for the archer. Except she smiles, turns, and her hind legs set in the soil... and suddenly she's gone, leaping high into the air in a single jump, faster than any of the enemy pegasus ponies can follow, landing a mile away before leaping again ... and again, a mile at every jump.

Being able to create bows of golden light or divide one arrow into a hundred isn't 'magic'. It's just the natural ability of the solar manifesting itself through his exceptional skill at archery.

For a lunar archer, she has a hoarde of dinosaurs charging her, and she's unarmed. Unconcerned, she reaches out, plucks rock up from the ground, and the rock reforms itself into a stone bow. She reaches up and grabs a handful of twigs off of a nearby treebranch, and one after another places them on the string, releasing them - and one after another, they transform into arrows, arcing across the landscape to unerringly find their home in eye and throat, and raptor after raptor goes tumbling into the dirt.

The lunar tosses the bow over her shoulder, and a rock thuds onto the ground. She sniffs at the lead raptor, the fastest, and then murmurs her thanks to its spirit... it disappears, turning into a silver glow that flows into the Lunar's silver tattoos, then disappears. The Lunar's tattoos glow one more time, and then the Lunar is gone, and the raptor is in her place, wearing her silver tattoos. Her powerful claws churn as she races over the landscape in her new form.

This is epic and overpowered hero stories - Luffy vs. Naruto. Gilgamesh vs. Sampson. Batman vs.Spider-man.

This power... it must be MINE!

I'll try to make a char off of what I have read of the other characters and examples. Coming soon.

Edit: Do the extra dots for earth ponies apply for all attributes, or are you saying I get one more point to spend in each of the three areas? Sheet coming up is based on latter.

Character Name: Sunshadow Arrow

Concept: Socail Sniper

Caste: Night

Anima Banner: A pair of bat wings surrounding her entire body

Cutie Mark: A barren tree with a bat hanging on the lowest branch (Stealth)

ATTRIBUTES

Strength: 1

Dexterity 5

Stamina 1

Charisma: 5

Manipulation: 1

Appearance: 5

Perception: 5

Intelligence: 1

Wits: 4

ABILITIES

Athletics: 3

Awareness: 3

Dodge: 3

Larceny: 2

Stealth: 4

*Archery: 3

*Thrown: 3

*Presence: 3

*Linguistics: 3

*Socialize: 3

Specialties:

Archery (Long Range)

Stealth (At Night)

Socialize (Males, if okay)

VIRTUES

Compassion: 1

Conviction:1

Temperance: 4

Valor: 3

Flaw: Self Aggrandizing Sulk (From the book: When things don't go as planned, or an obstacle is too big to overcome, then I withdraw form social interaction and refuse to take action for a day)

WILLPOWER: 7

ESSENCE: (Need help here) 2

Personal Motes: 13

Peripheral Motes: 30

Committed Motes: 0

BACKGROUNDS:

Contacts: 2

Influence: 2

Manse: 1

Resources: 2

MERITS (What are these? Let me know if I did them right.) +11

Danger Sense (+5)

Acute Sight (+2)

Enchanting Features (+4)

FLAWS (Same as merits, let me know if wrong) -12

Delusions [sometimes sees creatures only she can describe] (-3)

Sun Seared (-6)

Dark Secret (-3)

CHARMS (Working on it)

GEAR (Item Table?)

Actually, I had been thinking that I was the reincarnation of Fluttershy, given that her and Crazy Horse are both Zenith. I'm not expert at the game, but I'm not sure you'd want to go for a social slant on your attributes if you're playing a sniper; a few more points in Perception, I should think, would be key.

I was going more for the solo sniper, one who finds the target by herself and gets the information on whereabouts, habits, and other parts of her target through social interaction. But you may have a point. I'll look up what the different things attributes mean.

Edit: And if not Fluttershy, I would appreciate either Rarity or AJ.

Looked it up. Wits is now Perception.

Archived