What do you want in Canterlot.com?

Autumn

What do you want in Canterlot.com?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want in Canterlot.com?

• Members Gallery and/or FanFic repository.
    • Canterlot Instant Messenger (CIM)
    • Premium/paid member services (explain in thread)
    • More events like Gala & Competitions.
    • Other (explain in thread)

More events make an interesting forum. Doesn't even have to be board-wide event. Perhaps an event like an art contest in the art boards, or maybe a parasprite swarm has descended upon Hoofington RP area, or perhaps rising tensions between pony and gryphon nations.

...other ideas would be board styles for each event. Is it getting close to Winter Wrap Up Day? Perhaps those houses in the banner get a nice coat of snow. Is the next season within reach? A countdown counter somewhere might be amusing.

True, a place to put all our various files and images and stuff would be nice... but there's many places on the internet to host stuff and it's just a link away.

...a wiki might be interesting. Tell where a pony is from, who they know, what they look like... or look up a town and find out what ponies live there, where is 'close' to that town or area, or what notable places are in that area. You could also have info on members there, if someone wanted to look up that member. It would make things even easier to find when someone needs more info on something. Also, if we develop board-specific canon about something, then the information could be put there as well for ease of reference.

I honestly don't know whether I'd prefer more events or a members' gallery. Both seem like they would have their pluses, though I have to echo sentiments warning about having too many events. I don't know how often I would hold events myself. Maybe we should experiment with it, but I would put them at least three months apart. And then there's the matter of how long these events should take. I dunno, it's something to think about.

Members Gallery and/or FanFic repository.

I like this idea on principle, but it have to be subdivided in some way so pony's art or stories are not lost in a seas of work on one very long thread.

No no... a separate system, not just somewhere to post threads on the forum.

More along the lines of... our own Deviant Art.

I wasn't sure at first what the difference was between a FanFic repository and what we already have in the creativity forums, but that actually makes more sense. Having a portfolio of arts done by users with thumbnails and the such. It would make it much easier to navigate and find old arts that we have done or seen here in the past. Fan art moves quickly.