What do you want in Canterlot.com?

Autumn

What do you want in Canterlot.com?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want in Canterlot.com?

• Members Gallery and/or FanFic repository.
    • Canterlot Instant Messenger (CIM)
    • Premium/paid member services (explain in thread)
    • More events like Gala & Competitions.
    • Other (explain in thread)

Hello my little ponies.

I'd very much like you all to participate and have a voice here.

Please vote and comment on what kind of features or services you'd love Canterlot.com to provide it's members.

Thanks a haybale!

I voted for the Members Gallery and/or Fanfic repository but I would also like to see something like a Role player of the week or Pony/creature of the week.

What would make someone's pony/character the 'best' that week over others?

hi hi

I don't have any complaints about my experience here. Everything else is gravy, as the saying goes. Special events are fun though, and aren't too difficult.

Also, the ability to use spoiler tags would be nice.

Maybe add the ability for users to put information into their viewable user profile, like characters or favorite quotes.

I voted for the Members Gallery and/or Fanfic repository but I would also like to see something like a Role player of the week or Pony/creature of the week.

What would make someone's pony/character the 'best' that week over others?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the who's the "best", I was thinking more along the lines of a member spotlight. Another RP forum I was on did something like this and it was a lot of fun. Basically someone is randomly picked and for a week they'd have a picture of their character and a little biography in the side bar of the forum. It was mostly a way to get your character a little more exposure, but then again that form had a crazy amount of members.

I'm tied between special RP events like the gala and a Fanfic/Art repository. I like the RP events, but I also like having an easily accessible, centralized area for ponies to showcase their art and writing. Often individual threads will get buried when RP activity picks up or when new art is posted in a batch.

Also, I agree with being able to use spoiler tags. It would allow us to compact some threads that have large numbers of images for those of us with slower connections or screen potentially NSFW material.

Also, the ability to use spoiler tags would be nice.

That's a very good idea!

Not something that's native to forums, but I've had a play around and have the following...

My_Little_Pony_-_Friendship_is_Magic_S01E04_-_Applebuck_Season-n1290751015596.jpg

Now available when making/editing posts!

See? If I like an idea, it'll probably get implemented pretty quickly... but I won't know what you want unless you peeps tell me.

Members Gallery and/or FanFic repository.

I like this idea on principle, but it have to be subdivided in some way so pony's art or stories are not lost in a seas of work on one very long thread.

No no... a separate system, not just somewhere to post threads on the forum.

More along the lines of... our own Deviant Art.

I like the idea of the Gallery and fanfic repository, but, I can't draw anything myself. So I guess I'd be in it for the writing aspect. Still, I've thus far enjoyed the Gala event and I felt that similar events would allow for greater participation from all members, not just the artistic or creative ones, so I voted for the "More Events" option.

More events would be good in the future and since the summer just broke out I'll be able to more activating myself once I over my exams. :D

I like the CIM service idea too since a pony messenger would be cool plus practical since we don't need to worry to the other member do use the instant messenger service we use. :D

Eh, I look at these options and none of them really interest me. I wouldn't use a member gallery, and probably not the instant messenger. And while events are cool, I think they should be rare, and therefore more special. The spoiler tags and strikethrough have already been added so that's cool.

Hmm. Here's something that might sound like it's coming right outta nowhere but I've seen forums with dice rolling built into them for gaming. I don't we don't use dice in normal RP, but I've got Plans (yes, with a capital P). :mrgreen: