[Canterlot] The Canterlot Library [Open!]

Frost137

TSqfFSt.png

Three Cloud was just out of school. What a great day! He happily trotted down the alleyways of Canterlot with his little saddle bag. He was going to his most favorite place of all time, the library.

All the books he wanted to read, but sadly in a short amount of time. His parents were aware of him going to the library.... every day. They looked down upon on the idea of going to the library everyday. But hey, at least they knew where he was.

At the Canterlot Library, there were a lot of books there. Ranging from information books to the fiction books and to the easy books. Clouds spat on the ground, those were for little foals! Clouds loved the adventure fiction and the information books. They were his favorite! Maybe he can find some there!

After walking up the steps, Clouds opened the big doors to the vast lobby of books. This was his second time here and he totally forgot where the books he wanted where. He went down an alley way of books. He checked the covers of the books.

Reference... He thought. Three Cloud still didn't know where was the fiction section! He's going to be lost.... Oh no.... But wait, he's not a foal! Foals don't get lost! He kept his head high and went forward. More and more he got lost. He was nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

Regal was lost; hopelessly so, in a seemingly endless sea of bookshelves. She could not believe how turned around she had gotten. The library had not looked so big outside.

Frusration showed clearly in her expression. She was going to be late with her client's order at this rate and that was unacceptable. She stamped a hoof and sighed. This simple trip had become far too tedious. She kept going though. "Surely if I go straight long enough I will locate a wall." She assured herself. At least she had found the tome she required before getting lost.

TSqfFSt.png

Three Cloud kept trotting forward through the never ending maze of book shelves. He kept thinking "It was going to be alright." But what was rather weird was that he only saw ponies back at the lobby, he was the only one here! Clouds facehoofed, hopefully his parents know how to get him back home once they find him after hours being lost. As the colt continued he checked the numbers on the books.

"The non-fiction section!" He groaned. Clouds kept walking until he saw a purple and gray pony. Three Cloud was so happy that he found another pony! "Hey, are you lost too?"

Regal blushed slightly, embarrassed by what her answer had to be. "I am." She admitted solemnly. She felt bad that; as the adult here, she could not really be of any help. "I think we should try to find an exit together." She suggested with a polite smile. She took a moment to survey their surroundings thengave a little exasperated huff.

"My name is Regal Steel, you can just call me Regal though." She introduced, never forgetting manners despite the situation.

Three Cloud smiled with relief. At least he wasn't the only one lost.

"I'm Three Cloud," He added after her introduction. "Before I leave I want to find a book in the fiction section.... Do you know where that could be?"

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance," Regal said with a smile, "looks to me like we are in this together."

She turned her attention to the question. Regal thought deeply, putting a hoof to her chin. "I came from the magic section and we are in non-fiction now." She thought aloud. "What section did you come from?" She quizzed Three Cloud hoping for more clues.

"Ummm," Clouds hummed. "I came from the reference section with all the encyclopedias and dictionaries."

Clouds never knew that there was a magic section. Sometime by tomorrow (if he could get out of here) he might stop there. But he thought again that he probably couldn't find that section also. This disappointed Clouds, he wanted to know more about unicorns and magic.

"Okay," Regal stated still seeming unsure of a path, "I imagine fiction would be closer to the entrance for younger ponies." Regal looked at three and added, "Like yourself."

She shifted her stance, the dusty old tome on her back was growing heavy. Whomever thought it was clever to bind a metallurgy book in metal was crazy. She nudged the book back into place with a touch of her gray magic.

"Perhaps this way?" She offered, pointing left.

[colour=#ff0000]Ink trotted through the lobby and into the huge Canterlot Library - home of all knowledge. Ink jumped up and down. He was going on a massive book quest today. Activating his magic, he opened his saddlebag and looked at the books he was going to be getting.
"First off, I need to get to the fiction section and find 'Daring Do and the Griffon's Goblet.' I still don't know where I placed it..." Ink mumbled to himself. He had lost his copy of the book, so he had come to the library to get it.

Due to the fact he always came here at least once a week, he knew by instinct where most things were. Humming to himself, he ran over to the right-hand side of the Library, through the Potion section, and into the Fiction section. Looking around at the many books on display, he found the "D" books, and found the book he required.
Opening his saddlebag, he levitated the book inside, closed it, and took out his check-list. With a touch of his magic, a red tick lay inside the square of "Daring Do". Next was a Metallurgy book - "Advanced Metal Transfusions." He hastily ran over to the section, and heard voices.
"Perhaps this way?" he heard a voice say - presumably female.
Poking his head round, he saw a purple and gray mare, talking to a little lost-looking pony.
"Are any of you lost?" He asked walking over to them.[/colour]

Relief; sweet relief, washed over Regal as another pony appeared on the scene. "Yes, terribly so." She said exasperated. She trotted to meet them with a smile. "I am Regal Steel," She introduced, "and this is Three Cloud."

She blew some stray mane from her face and desperately asked, "Please tell me you know your way around."

[colour=#d3d3d3]"Yes, terribly so."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] he heard her say, [/colour][colour=#d3d3d3]"I am Regal Steel, and this is Three Cloud.[/colour][colour=#800080]"[/colour][colour=#ff0000] Ink dipped his head in acknowledgement then smiled at Three Cloud.[/colour]
[colour=#d3d3d3]"Please tell me you know your way around."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] Ink heard, and turned around to meet her, an amused smile on his face.
"Your asking me if I know my way around?" He asked. "That's like asking me if I know how to breathe. This is my favourite spot in all of Canterlot, and as such, I know this place like the back of my hand! Now, if you don't mind, I'll show you where you want to go once I've grabbed this book..." Ink walked up and down the bookshelf, skimming and scanning for "Advanced Metal Transfusions." Finding it on the top shelf in the "A" section, he levitated it down and into his saddlebag, then checked it off on his check-list.
"Done! Now where did you want to go?" He asked, turning to face Regal Steel and Three Cloud, closing his saddlebag, but then catching looking at the heavy book on Regal's back.
"My, my!" Ink gasped. "That book looks heavy! Hmm.. I actually learned a spell recently that reduces the weight of objects; I can only do it on small objects, and that book looks small enough!" Ink activated his horn, and the book was then encased in a glow of dark-blue, and a bright flash erupted from it. As it fell to the floor, Ink levitated it up and tested it's weight.
"Light as a feather!" he remarked, "D'you wish to carry this? If not, I insist I carry it. Really, it's no bother."[/colour]

"Oh, I-I wanted to go to the fiction section...."

"My, my!" The unicorn said. "That book looks heavy! Hmm.. I actually learned a spell recently that reduces the weight of objects; I can only do it on small objects, and that book looks small enough!" As the unicorn cast out his spell, he lifted the book. As just what he said, light as a feather.

"Wow...." Three Cloud said with awe. "I wish I can do that."

[colour=#00ffff]"I-i wanted to go to the fiction section...."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]He heard the little pony say as he used his spell.[/colour]
[colour=#00ffff]"Wow..."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]Three Cloud said.[/colour] [colour=#00ffff]"I wish I can do that."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]Ink turned round to look at the pony,
"You will be able too; just be sure to study and practise." Ink replied, winking at him. "I'm Ink Runner. And you said you wanted the fiction section? That's no problem at all! But first..." Ink activated his horn, levitated a roll of parchment, bottle of ink and Quill from his saddlebag, then conjured an image into the air. The image was, in fact, a map of the library. He had taken a map home one day, and had memorised it. He scribbled down lines and squares, triangles and circles, until finally he was done. Levitating one over to Three Cloud, he then proceeded to scribble one down and give it to Miss Regal Steel.
"There you go; now you'll never get lost in here." Ink said happily. "Anyway, the fiction section is over here; follow me!" Ink then proceeded to trot down the bookshelves and turn a corner, waiting for them to catch up before going further[/colour].

Regal blushed softly at Ink's offer to carry her book. "Such a gentlecolt." She commented gratefully, "and skilled too."

She watched with fascination as Ink copied Three Cloud and herself a map of the labyrinthine library. "This will be most helpful, you are a saint." She thanked him. She followed close behind the Stallion, unwilling to get lost again. She peered back periodically to be sure Three was keeping up as well. She hoped her Mane was not too much a mess from her earlier distress.

[colour=#FF0000]"Where is it...... Where is it!" [/colour]A faint, though fairly deep sounding voice emits from the 'Archive' section of the library. Sounds like the scrambling of claws on the floor seemed to be coming from the same direction too.

Three Cloud's eyes brightened up. A map of the library! How fascinating!

"Thank you, Ink Runner sir!"

"Where is it...... Where is it!" Three Cloud whirled around to find where the voice was.

"Uhm, what was that?" He pointed towards the Archives section with a worried look on his little face.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hm..." Ink said. "It must be another pony! And it sounds as if they are looking for a book... So let's go help them!" Ink reared up, then dashed in the direction of the sound; the Archives Section. Once he was at the section, he jumped and skidded round the corner.
"Hey? You okay?" He called, peering at him. He quickly looked at his list. "Oh, another book is here!" He happily neighed, before looking around, completely forgetting his company completely while looking[/colour].

The figure slowly rised, However, he didn't stop rising. In fact, it looked as if he was standing on two hooves! As he slowly turned around to see who said 'Hey you okay?' It turned out. To be a big red teenage dragon with red scales and huge, gleaming white teeth! [colour=#ff0000]"Whos there?"[/colour] The dragon said, promptly turning around to find who it was.

[colour=#ff0000]Ink heard the words behind him, and slowly turned around, and found himself face-to-face with a dragon.
"DRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!"
he screamed, dashing out of the section, stopping only by Three Cloud and Regal Steel, to quickly say;
"Run! Dragon!" He knew it was a bit mean to do this, but dragons were just... scary. So he had to run![/colour]

"DRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!" The cry tore through the serene Library. Regal ceased her efforts to keep up with Ink. Taken off guard by the outburst. She began to voice a question when Ink burst into view. He stopped long enough to cry in panic, "Run! Dragon!"

Regal sighed to herself and turned the corner to see said dragon. "They just do not make Stallions like they used to." she commented with a sarcastic tone. She approached the dragon a bit warily, "Hello fine sir, I am Regal Steel." She introduced while her courage held up.

Looming over Regal, the dragon introduced himself [colour=#ff0000]"Good morning Regal Steel, My name is Huscarl"[/colour] The dragon replied humbly, taking a short, though extravagant bow, almost reaching Regal's height. [colour=#ff0000]"I am glad to make your acquaintance Might I inquire as to why you are at the Canterlot library today? I am also curious as to weather your friend will be alright. I don't want the Canterlot Guard coming over to me now...."[/colour] He continued, Idly picking his claws, though retaining a respectful demeanor.

Regal was relieved that the Dragon; Huscarl, was civilized. Polite even! She returned his bow with a smile, all her worry gone. "I am sure he will be quite fine, embarrassed but fine." She replied with an amused grin. She giggled as she glanced behind her to search for Ink.

She rolled her eyes as she returned her attention to Huscarl. "I do not believe you need worry about guards," Regal assured the dragon, "if they come I will explain it to them."

[colour=#ff0000]"With all due respect. If the guards come. I am leaving" [/colour]The hulking dragon responded, looking down at a pile of books on the floor next to him [colour=#ff0000]"Mind if we make an agreement? I help what you are looking for, and you help me?" [/colour]The dragon proclaimed, pointing a claw to himself as he tried to re-frame from knocking a bookshelf down with one of his wings.

Three Cloud stood his distance away from the dragon. Wow, a dragon! He has never met a dragon before. Clouds always heard about the terrifying rumors about them in school.

[colour=#FF0000]"Mind if we make an agreement? I help what you are looking for, and you help me?" [/colour]said the dragon named Huscarl.

"Y-yeah!" stammered the mustard yellow colt. Clouds fixed his glasses. "What are you looking for? By the way, I'm Three Cloud." Helping a dragon seemed like the most awesome adventure yet!