[Canterlot] The Canterlot Library [Open!]

Frost137

[colour=#ff0000]Once Ink had calmed down, he slowly walked back. Turning his head around the corner, he noticed the two ponies and dragon talking easily. Trotting up to them, he bowed his head in apology and spoke:
"Terribly sorry, Huscarl, It's just not everyday I see a teenage dragon, y'know." With a horrible blush, he quickly added: "I'd be happy to help you find whatever it is, I know my way around here. Oh, and really quickly..." he trotted over to the "D" section, then quickly levitated it into his bag. "I needed that book!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Right, murally benifical... Yes?"[/colour] Huscarl replied, looking down at the ponies.[colour=#ff0000] "I'm looking for a book on 'Mythical Creatures and Long Lost Tomes' I believe it would absolutely outstanding in my collection"[/colour] The dragon added. [colour=#ff0000]"Shall we look?"[/colour] Huscarl added, Gesturing for the three ponies to go on ahead of him.

Regal was not too sure about going ahead but decided not to make a scene. "You do know that library books must be returned mister Huscarl, no?" She asked politely as she peered over her newly acquired map. She traced her hoof over the parchment, memorizing a path.

• 3 weeks later...

Angel woke up, he thought he heard something. He came to the library to study on the history of past hero. Next to him, was his royal guard armor. He yawned and got his book, and armor then walked past the ponies and dragon...Angel eyes widen, and looked at the dragon, "[colour=#0000cd]D...d..dragon?![/colour]" he dropped armor, everything scattering. he quickly garbed them and tried putting them on. When he thought he was done, he had his helm on backwards, and his body armor on the wrong side. "[colour=#0000ff]Where that dragon go?" [/colour]his wings flapping, he was ready to take a stand against the dragon even though he looked foolish.

• 2 weeks later...

Ballad was in the hall of mysteries, adventures, and everything knowledgeable; better known as the Canterlot library. It is almost unthinkable that such a library is massive in both size and the quantity of books. You could find basically anything in this collection, no, depository of books.

It was no wonder that Ballad had arrived to this "paradise" to mainly focus on her poetry. While she acquired her inspiration from objects outside of the library, the library itself was where she gathered all of these thoughts. It also acted as a fail-safe when she was in a writer's block, or in this case, a poet's block. She could pick out a random anthology of poems and read until she eventually regained her creativity.

Sitting on the table alone, she was working on a poem- a sestina, actually, composing of thirty-nine lines, and seven stanzas. The finished product had to be turned in to the Canterlot's newspaper press for it to be published onto the newspaper page. She was staring at the sheet of paper, deep in thought. This was where she needed total concentration...

[colour=#ff0000]"DRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!" [/colour]Ballad, in shock, jumped from her seat and slid her pencil in a downward motion, dropping it to the floor. Recovering from the unexpected shout, she bent down to pick up her pencil, and looked to her paper to see a black streak on the paper. Irritated, she gingerly erased the pencil streak, trying to avoid accidentally erasing the words. Exasperated, she viewed in all directions. Don't they have the decent etiquette to keep quiet in a library?

Midnight could barely contain his excitement to be visiting the Canterlot library. He had rushed right over after receiving his assignment from Flameheart, knowing if he finished quickly enough he would free to explore on his own. His assignment was to research different flame spells to use in their next performance, so he’d find some simple ones to speed things up.

He began wandering through the bookshelves looking for the magic section. He found the section relatively quickly and pulled books that looked like they could help. Looking around for a table he imagined what books he would read after he was done. A loud crash snapped him out of this as he quickly looked around for the source. It had come from a Pegasus and from his armor Midnight guessed him to be part of the royal guard. He appeared distressed as he threw on his armor and it didn’t help his helm was on backwards. Placing his books on a nearby table he made his way over to the Pegasus. [colour=Darkred]“No offense but you’re outfit is a little off”[/colour] he said using his magic to levitate the helmet and turn it around, [colour=Darkred]“what’s got you so excited anyway?”[/colour]

"[colour=#0000ff]Huh, oh thanks...and well..." [/colour]he points towards the dragon,"[colour=#0000ff]Why are you here dragon!"[/colour] he faced him. He flapped his wings, ready to doge any attacks. [colour=#0000cd]"Be careful sir....who knows what this dragon will do..." [/colour]he said to Midnight.

Regal watched the obviously young Royal Guard fumble about with his armor and could not help herself but giggle at the poor stallion. [colour=#696969]"I am quite sure," [/colour]She snorts through her giggle mid-sentance, cheeks reddening as she finishes, [colour=#696969]"that goes the other way." [/colour]She stands between the stallion and Huscarl, the dragon defiantly.[colour=#696969] "He is quite harmless I assure you." [/colour]She says just loudly enough to be heard, attempting to keep her voice down in the library. She closes the distance between herself, Angel, and Midnight, a bemused look upon her face. [colour=#696969]"I apologize for the racket on behalf of my companions, they were a bit startled."[/colour] She says politely to the guardsman.

Angel stared at the dragon...and grined" If you say so!" he took off his helm," So what is his name, oh I'm Angel Wing by the way" he smiled happily

After checking around to find the source of the noise, Ballad gave up on her search, resuming her work. The library returning to it's original, quiet state, Ballad was, once more, deep in thought. Would this line work with the word "noise"? No, it sounds a bit too...unfitting...

The Canterlot library had, hitherto, returned to serenity. But that, however, soon came to an end. Before Ballad can finish up her first stanza, there was suddenly the clattering of armor, echoing throughout the library. Ballad paused her writing, then put her pencil down. Her impatience has peaked, and, in extreme annoyance, stormed off from her seat to find the sound. Who is causing such tumults in the library? If Ballad ever found who was causing disorder around here, she was going to teach them a lesson or two about proper behavior...

Angel flapped his wings and flew around the dragon, "[colour=#0000ff]Wow you huge,[/colour]" he landed,"[colour=#000080]So what brings you here to the library[/colour]?"