When Ice Defrosts [Bellosh101 & Icestormx]

Bellosh

*Due to decisions to restructure the forum and trim unneeded sections, the Private RP Forum will soon be removed. As such, recently active RP threads in this section have been moved to the sections in the WoE we deemed to be the best fit for them. If you would prefer your thread be moved to another section in WoE, or to a Free RP section, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to move it as you desire.*

~Canterlot.com staff.

• 2 months later...

"Oh, it got pretty cold up there. There were a few nights when I lived in the park that I had to make an igloo out of the snow so I wouldn't freeze," Ice giggled before making a small glass of water for herself and sat on the sofa to wait for her mother to come over and sit with her. She couldn't remember the last time that they had been able to do something like that together. A small bit of resentment could be felt in her though as her thought's briefly drifted back to Golden Hoof. Of all the ponies that she felt she could forgive for everything that's happened to her, he was the one she felt she never could. She firmly believed in the root of her soul that he was the primary cause of everything that had happened to her. Of course, that being said, if everything wouldn't have happened to her exactly the way that it had, she wouldn't be where she was now. She was very much happy now, and was looking forward to making things even better. Had he not done those things, she may not have ever gotten out of Fillydelphia and learned about her Ice ability, nor would she have met her Idol in a cold blizzardly night in Canterlot. The more she thought about everything, the more her mind became at east with the past, and the more her mind became at ease with Golden Hoof. She'd probably still slap him in the face if she ever saw him again, but that would be the brunt of her anger.

"Yeah, it is pretty nice. Effective to because as you said, it cuts back on chores, and as a shop own, I have enough of those as that is. You've ran that Aquarium in Filly for Celestia knows how long, so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Anything I can do to cut back on housekeeping when I'm not working is a bonus," she addressed.

• 1 month later...

2yytdfn.jpg

Mist Weaver reminisced about running that Aquarium back in Fillydelphia. She hired plenty of staff to help her back then, but the mare also had plenty of hooves-on responsibilities she needed to do herself. Anywho, as Mrs. Weaver laid down on the comfy couch, that mention of the Aquarium made her think that Ice Storm would be curious to know more about what her mother did nowadays in Hoofington.

“Well, even though I’ve left the Aquarium behind, I still got plenty of hard work to do,” Mist began, just as Scuttle swooped in through an open window to perch on his owner’s back; “Every day, I have to make sure that all the marine animals under my care are fed, taken care of, get rehabilitated to go back into the wild, and so on. I pretty much actually do more work now than I ever did before, now that it’s just me and your father, and-” Mrs. Weaver pretty much babbled on like this for the next few minutes until she got done talking about the general things about running her wildlife sanctuary.....

• 3 months later...

Ice listened to her mother as she explained that while she didn't own the Aquarium anymore, her new field of work was just as much, if not more work intensive than that was. Ice kept herself from making a rhetorical statement that could have reflected what happened so long ago, but if they were to start again, they would both have to let things from the past go, and that included herself. Her mother did apologize, and at this point, there really wasn't much else that could be done. It's not like they could go back and change anything, and after what happened between her and Luna a couple months ago that snowy night, she wouldn't trade what happened for anything. As her mother continued on and went through the entire process of what she did Ice giggled.

"Well it sounds like you have everything in line in Hoofington. That being said, as much as I love this little place, I'm going to be more than likely moving back to Canterlot. I know that I just got through complaining a bit about the place, but not only are Luna and I friends, I also kinda work for her now. The night that I stayed there with her she must have really seen something in me, because she decided to make me one of her stewardesses as well. That being said, it's not really information that I want to be broadcasted either. I don't want to become one of those ponies where others like me because of what I am, not who I am. I've already seen what that does to ponies," she said looking at her mother before a soft smile over took her. "Luna also said that she was going to set up an appointment for me to meet with one of the castle doctors to see if they could help solve my other little issue," she giggled

• 2 weeks later...

2yytdfn.jpg

How funny to learn that even though this was the first time Mist Weaver visited Ice Storm’s place in Ponyville, it would also be among her last visits as well. The mother wondered how in Equestria did her little girl landed such a high honor as an attendant of Princess Luna. Whatever Ice did, she must have impressed the Night Princess with her strength of character; a thought that’d make every mother proud. Mrs. Weaver was no exception.

“Ah, I was really warming up to this place,” Misty quipped about Ice Storm’s cold home; “But I wish you all the best when you take your new job in Canterlot. Just promise me one thing sweetie,” the elder mare on the couch grinned; “That I get to try one of your desserts before Princess Luna does.” Misty wondered if her daughter would get a chance to use her natural ice magic talents if she worked as a stewardess instead of running her own business.

Ice let out a small laugh when her mother said that she got to taste one of her treats before the Princess did. "Well... Kind of a bit late for that. I made her one when she let us spend the night with her because of the blizzard outside," Ice responded giggling a bit more when her mother said that she was just starting to warm up to the place. "Well, to be perfectly honest I have no intentions of closing it down. I couldn't possible open something so delightful for fillies and colts and take it away just because of an opportunity. I intend on keeping it running here with somepony else actually running the shop. Of course, they'll have to do everything by hoof, or get the tools to do what I could with magic, but it should still be profitable. Plus I'm going to open a second location in Canterlot. I'll just make sure to pick a better location this time. I may be a stewardess now, but I'm still an Ice Pony at heart," she smiled. "That being said, I'd be more than willing to make you whatever you'd like," she added.

2yytdfn.jpg

Somewhere in the back of Mist Weaver’s mind, she was gladdened to hear that Ice Storm’s charming little store would still operate under the watchful eye of somepony else. Not only that, but Ice intended to start her business again in Canterlot again in addition to stewardess duties. That thought appealed to the entrepreneur within Misty; that same part of her that led the mother to establishing that Fillydelphia aquatic park long ago.

“Make me anything you like,” Mrs. Weaver answered her daughter’s query; “Probably the one thing you like making the best. I’d very much like to have a taste of it.” It was either that, or be crippled with indecision paralysis over which frozen treat to try. While idly waiting, the elder unicorn couldn’t help but joke; “You know, you’re starting to sound like somepony who wants to operate a franchise, looking after two stores. How long until we see one of your shops in Manehattan? Or Baltimare? Or even dear ole’ Hoofington?”

When her mother told her that she could make her anything that she would like, probably the thing that she liked making the best. She knew just the thing. Using her magic she pulled a bit of water from the sink and started to spin it into a very thin sheet before she started to let some of the raspberry syrup mix with the water as she began to freeze it, turning the water into snow, and placed it on a paper cone for her mother before handing it to her. "This, although not necessarily this flavor alone, is the pride and joy of the shop. You should see the smiles on everypony's faces when they come in to get one!" Ice smiled herself.

Her mother then said something about her wanting to operate a franchise, and when Ice thought about it, she thought that wasn't too bad of an idea. "Well, as far as seeing stores in Baltimare or Manehatten I don't know. I can say it will be even longer before I put a store in Fillydelphia. I've been there recently trying to look for you. Unfortunately it hasn't changed much. I'm sure it's just like any other place and you have to find the right spots to have the right kinds of ponies, but I haven't found it there yet. As far as Hoofington goes though, if you'll keep an eye out for a building there, and somepony that would be able to run the establishment there, I wouldn't mind opening a store in Hoofington," Ice smiled at her mother.

• 2 weeks later...

2yytdfn.jpg

"This, although not necessarily this flavor alone, is the pride and joy of the shop. You should see the smiles on everypony's faces when they come in to get one!"

Mist Weaver eagerly hovered the flavored snow cone towards her mouth, and good ole’ Scuttle the Gull even had to show his interest by perching himself on the mother’s head. Misty took a bite, let herself savor the taste of raspberry for a few moments, and then swallowed the dissolved snow with a delighted smile; one that’d look familiar to Ice Storm in her line of work. “Mmmm, very good!” was all she managed to say before digging into the snow cone more. Scuttle meanwhile gave the younger mare in the room a sideways glance, giving out a little squawk as if to solicit attention too.

".....As far as Hoofington goes though, if you'll keep an eye out for a building there, and somepony that would be able to run the establishment there, I wouldn't mind opening a store in Hoofington."

“Deal,” the mother took a break from her half-eaten snow cone to answer her daughter; “I’ll let you know if a spot opens up on the Pier or nearby on the beachfront. Those are the best places by far to set up a frozen treat business. And I’ll also keep my eyes on lookout for any entrepreneur who seems like they can be persuaded to buy a franchise outlet.”

• 2 weeks later...

The response that Ice had gotten from her mother warmed her. It was nice to see her enjoying the things that she was accomplishing now, and while note everything had been all cupcakes and roses in the past, this was definitely the start of a much better future. A small squawk out of scuttle though reminded Ice that he was still there, and that he seemed to wanted some attention as well. Icy made a small cone that he could hold with one of his feet while he ate. It was no where near the size of the one that she had made for her mother, but then again, the gull was nowhere near the size of her mother. When her mother spoke up though from midway into eating her snow cone stating that she had a deal and would look for a building and an entrepreneur who might be interested in buying a franchise outlet. "Sounds like a plan then. Whenever you think you might have found a building, send me a letter and I will come take a look at it to see if it is workable. If possible, I would like all of them to have the same style of store as you saw when we first entered this one," Ice smiled, waiting for her to finish her snowcone.

2yytdfn.jpg

One miniature snow cone was all that Scuttle required to satisfy this desire to snack on something. While the gull ate, Mist Weaver spoke up; “That should not be a problem honey. Granted, that’ll mean remodeling a property since no building in Hoofington looks like this place, but that isn’t an insurmountable challenge.” A few more bites later, and Misty finished her treat, leaving only the paper cone. “Where can I throw this away?” the mother asked, hovering the piece of trash in front of her.

• 3 weeks later...

"I'm sure it would," Ice said levitating a trash can up so that her mother could throw the cone away. "After all, this property didn't look anything like this when I first acquired it. I had to do most of the remodeling myself. I'd expect that I would have to do the same amount of remodeling if I opened up the store anywhere else. At least if I wanted it to look like the original. Which if I'm going to make this into a franchise, then all of my stores should look the same," she spoke up.

(I'm kinda running out of ideas for what they should talk about in this thread, perhaps they could go do something together or something.)

2yytdfn.jpg

"Between starting a business franchise and serving by Luna's side," Mist Weaver chimed in; "Just don't forget to write to your mother and father every now and then." A squawk rang out from the attention-craving gull; "Errrr..... and to Scuttle as well." The mother stayed silent for a minute or so; with emotions brewing in the mare again, she all of a sudden got up to give Ice Storm a bone-crushing hug. "Oh, I hope things can stay like this from this day forward. We're going to become the family we were always meant to be sweetie......... I promise you."

OOC: I'm more inclined to wrap this thread up for good. Personally, if we set up another RP to build on the developments of this thread, I'd like to set it in Hoofington, a place I've been wanting to RP in. ^_^

Archived