Cloudsdale's Summer Sun Celebration Reboot (OOC: Interest Check & Sign-Ups; Open)

Jane

I'm not really sure what the policy on Necromancy is in this forum, but on many forums I've been a part of in the past it was a big no-no.

So, nearly a year ago I made a pretty epic (in my opinion) premise for a RP in Cloudsdale. And then I vanished, others vanished and it died rather quickly. Perhaps with a bit more planning/organization as well as maybe some more input from others we could rework the same idea and start fresh?

The thread is copy-pasta'd under the spoiler tag:

Please follow the mane Equestria guidelines for this thread.

------------------------------

Each year there is a Summer Sun Celebration on the longest day of the year, on which the ponies gather together to witness Princess Celestia raise the Sun. And every year, this celebration takes place in a different location.

The council members and dignitaries of the city of Cloudsdale have been advocating for the Summer Sun Celebration to take place in their shining City in the Sky, and it looked like for the 1002nd celebration, their request would finally be met! The only problem was that the earth ponies and unicorns disagreed with this arrangement - how would they participate in the celebrations if they were to take place on the clouds?

So Princess Celestia and her advisors came up with a plan. She would gather together all of the Unicorns in Equestria with magical abilities strong enough to solidly cast a cloud-walk spell that would last for three days, as well as Pegasus-drawn chariots and hot air balloons to transport the ponies to the City in the Sky. The centre of these operations was in Ponyville, the earth-town closest to Cloudsdale and with enough space for the small tent-city that would need to be established.

Now it is two days before the celebration, and everything has gone smoothly thus far. Pegasi look on in wonder as Earth Ponies and Unicorns line up, are touched with the magical horn of a powerful unicorn, and transported up into their shining city. The wingless ponies marvel at the softness of the clouds beneath their feet and the beauty of the city's architecture. The weather factory has been working doubly hard in the weeks leading up to the celebration, in anticipation of the crowds of ponies who would ask for tours of their establishment, which would require them to slow production nearly to a halt. The hotels and shops have extra staff and extra space, anticipating more customers than ever before.

Where do you fit into this grand scene? Are you a Pegasus Pony encouraging your friends to visit the finest city your race has to offer? Maybe you're helping with transportation (if you can't pull a chairot, then surely you can at least carry a small filly or colt on your back?) Are you a semi-powerful Unicorn wearied from the spell you were asked to perform time after time, yet excited for the opportunity to visit the clouded city? Maybe you're an Earth Pony who has only ever dreamed of visiting Cloudsdale - now you've just stepped out of the chariot and are eager to explore. Where will you go first? What would you like to see? Who would you like to meet? Rumour has it the Wonderbolts may even make an appearance and sign a few autographs.

Remember, if you're an earth pony or a unicorn, you only have three days before the spell will wear off, so take advantage of the time you do have. Anything is possible!

CnYUT.png

"Welcome to Cloudsdale. Enjoy the Celebration." Whirligig is wearing her official blue and white volunteer's vest proudly. As the chariots and hot air balloons unload their passengers, she greets each one with a warm smile as she provides them with a detailed map of the city, complete with vouchers and a to-do list of all the best sights and 'tourist traps'.

"Isn't it strange?" she whispers to Eastra, one of her best friends who is also a volunteer distributing the maps. Her smile returns as a green earth pony passes by the gate. "Welcome to Cloudsdale, enjoy the celebration!"

"What do you mean?" Eastra asks, "Hello, Welcome! We hope you enjoy your visit to Cloudsdale." a brown unicorn takes the map from her telekinetically. She stares, unused to seeing Unicorn magic in action.

Whirligig laughs at her friend's awed exp<b></b>ression. "Just that. Unicorn magic. Earth ponies, they're all - Welcome to Cloudsdale, we're glad you came! - here, in our home. Usually we have to visit them in theirs. I still can't get over it."

One of the event organizers approaches the girls, clipboard in hoof. "Eastra March? I've got you down for a backup charioteer. Would you mind helping me out for just one loop? One of my steadies needs a rest."

"Of course," Eastra gives Whirligig her remaining pile of maps and follows the coordinator. Whirligig gives her friend a wave before turning her attention back to welcoming the newcomers. With her friend gone for at least three quarters of an hour, she hopes that she'll soon see a face she recognizes from her days spent in Ponyville. And anyways - she's been distributing these pamphlets since dawn and surely she's due for a break soon.

"Welcome to Cloudsdale, we hope you enjoy the Celebration!"

My problem is I actually have no idea where I would want the thread to go - and really, the whole point of RP is to tell a story/idea by working together with others. If you have any ideas/want to join, just post here!

------------------------------------------

EDIT - April 17th

Okay, I'm going to actually try to get this going. Even if you've already expressed your interest in this thread, please fill out the following form:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Brief physical description:[/b]
[b]Brief bio:[/b]
[b]Role to play in Celebrations[/b]:
[b]Picture (optional):[/b]

[spoiler][img=http://image.url.goes.here.png][/spoiler]

An example of role to play in celebrations would be something like greeter (as Whirligig does in the post above), tour guide, entertainer (there will be musical events and shows running for three days), transport person (getting the ponies up to cloudsdale), Cloud-walk spellcaster (for more powerful unicorns), just a visitor, etc. If you think of anything else, feel free to put it in and just explain briefly what this would involve.

You can use as many character as you like, just fill out a form for each one. You can play as cast members if you want to.

Again, if you have any other ideas or issues that you would like to raise in this thread, please please please let me know. :)

List of Participants:

• Whirligig (played by Jane)
  • Stormwing (played by Jane)

Edited by Jane

This sounds like a really fun thread. It just makes me want to bring all of my characters into play. :kissy:

That's not actually a bad idea. The premise calls for crowds, so I'd say the more the merrier. I have at least two and possibly three characters I would use in this thread. :)

I have 4OCs I'd like to use but two are pegasi... Black Sky, and another one I'm trying to rename ATM. I just woke up and got my ABUs on, so I'm leaving for work in a few hours. But if you need any info lemme know what you need and I'll throw it out.

I have 4OCs I'd like to use but two are pegasi... Black Sky, and another one I'm trying to rename ATM. I just woke up and got my ABUs on, so I'm leaving for work in a few hours. But if you need any info lemme know what you need and I'll throw it out.

awesome, thanks for replying.

Remember, for this one you don't just have to use Pegasus ponies. Allowances have been made so that unicorns and earth ponies can also come to Cloudsdale for the celebration.

Hey everyone! Added a form to the OP, please fill it out with info about your character. This should give us a good starting point.

Below is an example of my own characters.

Name: Whirligig

Species: Pegasus

Brief physical description: Average build for a young adult mare, mane and tail are long orangish-red with yellow streaks; mane swept to one side, cornflower blue coat, green eyes. Colourful pinwheel for a cutie mark.

Brief bio: Born and raised in Cloudsdale, Whirligig loves her city and can't think of any reason she would want to live anywhere else. She works in the weather factory making snowflakes. Her brother is Stormwing.

Role to play in Celebrations: Greeter and tour guide.

Picture (optional):

dhtDwAG.png

Name: Stormwing

Brief physical description: Average build for a young adult stallion, dark dusty navy coat with short, messy red mane. Green eyes, storm cloud for a cutie mark.

Brief bio: Born and raised in Cloudsdale like his sister, Stormwing left to be a weather pony for the town of Trottingham.

Role to play in Celebrations: Transport (will be towing chariots and/or carrying other ponies from the ground to Cloudsdale).

Picture (optional):

X1qdMyj.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think this goes here, maybe? :/

Name: Sweet Cider

Species: Earth pony

Brief physical description: An average built mare with a red coat, long and flowing orange mane and emerald green eyes. She speaks with an Irish like accent.

Brief bio: she was born in appleloosa (though her parents aren't native there) and raised in manehattan for most of her life. She has no idea how to grow or pick apples, but she can make the best cider anypony had ever tasted.

Role to play in Celebrations: Makes and sells the sweetest cider in Equestria.

Picture (optional):

Name: Black Sky

Brief physical description: muscular build, very tall, and black. He has large wings, and somewhat threatening blood red eyes.

Brief bio: Born and raised in Cloudsdale, he aced flight school and left to go to Canterlot in hopes of becoming a guard. He is very protective over his friends and has a shield as a cutie mark. Though he may appear to be mean, he's really kind and a huge joker. Often calls his friend Silver Spirit "squirt" since silver was the smallest throughout their childhood.

Role to play in Celebrations: A guard

Picture (optional):

Name: Silver Spirit

Brief physical description: average built young stallion, he has a Snow White mane, tail and coat, along with cyan eyes.

Brief bio: silver was born and raised in cloudsdale and the smallest pony growing up. He was always the one picked on by all the other ponies in flight school and the only one who ever stood up for him was his best friend Black Sky. Silver is very patient, kind, and gentle and he hates being called little by anyone other than black sky. He is very talented with magic and hopes to be as strong as Black Sky one day. He has an amulet his mother gave him as a foal that has a strong magical capability that he has yet to learn to control. When he loses his temper, everyone around him turns into turnips until he calms down or leaves.

Role to play in Celebrations: he lives in cloudsdale, so he visits many of the special events that go on.

Picture (optional):