Steam Games

If you can't find any games under $20, I'm sorry, but the capitalist machine has gotten to you. I've bought indie games for $2.50, and I couldn't put them down.

First, what OS are you using? PC opens the market up all the way, Mac is getting there, and Linux is just getting started.

Second, what kind of games do you like? Puzzles, FPS, Strategy? Docile/Sterile or violent? Games with a gratifying ending, or an infinitely-replayable story? If we know your interests, we can find a game much easier.

A game with which you can never go wrong is Civilization 5/V. It's a strategy game where you build famous civilizations from the ground up, and all the war and peace gives it infinite replayability.

Cheers!

~ping111

Okay, so in that case just go to the Store on your PC and pick out a game that you like that just happens to be $20 or less.

A game I highly recommend is Kerbal Space Program. I'm not one to preach, but essentially it's a sandbox game in which you built rockets or planes and then get to fly them.

• 1 month later...

Here's what I suggest: Wait, be patient, and look at the Steam sales EVERY DAY until you find stuff you may like. Steam sales are the BEST way to make a small amount go a long LONG way. Sometimes you can even get AAA games that aren't even a year old for under $20.

If you have money that's not on steam, I recommend getting The Humble Indie Bundle/ Humble Weekly Sale

If you only have steam money, Saints Row The Third is on sale. I personally recommend that too, funny game (Not suitable for young children)

If you're under the required age for that, Terraria and Worms: Reloaded-GOTY. Both are (Relatively) cheap.

By the way, If Terraria and Worms costs more than $20, I'm British, so I haven't yet memorised exchange rates.