[Cloudsdale] The City in the Sky [Closed for now]

Jane

7oLky.png

Celestia's golden sun shone brightly in the wide blue sky above the city of Cloudsdale. It was an unseasonably warm Wednesday afternoon in the mid-fall, and Whirligig relished the sun's rays on her blue hair. She had just finished her shift in the weather factory - another long day in snowflake making. Winter was fast approaching, and crunch time for snowflakes was in full swing. Quite frankly, Whirligig was exhausted. Snowflakes were not her passion nor her special talent, but when life gives you lemons…

Stretching her wings in the warm air felt wonderful after being cooped up inside the chilly production room all afternoon. She silently thanked whichever of the weather planners had arranged for this particular day as she slowly flew away from the employee exit of giant factory towards the centre of town.

Cloudsdale was, to anypony unused to it, an impressive city. There were multiple streets on multiple levels and some areas weren't really even joined to the rest of city by clouds. The architecture of most edifices was dominated with high ceilings on the inside and tall, sturdy cloud pillars on the outside. And pretty much everything except for the ponies was white. To Whirligig, these sturdy structures were part of her daily flight to work and helped her to feel at home. Whirligig's apartment, the one she had grown up in and shared with her mother now, was in one of the crowded working-class districts of the city.

But that wasn't where Whirligig was heading just yet. Tired as she was, it had been a few days since she had last let her mane down and spent time in the city centre socializing. Tonight she was determined to do just that to chase away the mid-week melancholy that always set-in on Wednesdays. None of her co-workers had wanted to come with her, and that was okay by her. There was always an opportunity to make new friends in the clouded city anyways.

She made her way upwards to the main street. Here, there were shops, food stalls, theatres, some clubs and pubs and, on the corner, a large fenced-in playground. She loved strolling along Cloudsdale's main road. She trotted along slowly, gazing through windows at beautiful formal dresses she would never need nor wear as she passed, considered stopping in a café for a cappuccino, then again when she passed the ice cream bar. She tossed a few spare bits into a busker's open guitar case as she passed by, before stepping into the bakery and getting a coffee crème bun. Finally, she turned into the playground and took a seat on a park bench to eat her purchased treat. She watched with mild interest as a young filly pushed an even younger filly on the swing set, and two identical colts not far off were having a grand old time on the teeter-totter. A couple of young mares, presumably mothers of the young colts and fillies who had come from the schoolhouse around the corner, stood nearby chatting merrily about everything from their jobs to their children to local politics.

It was a perfect day to be a Pegasus living in the City in the Sky.

[colour=#b4b4b4]((OOC: I have no idea where I'm going with this; should be fun! :razz: ))[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Wow! It's so big!" [/colour]Glimmer said as she and her brother Razor flew through the city of Cloudsdale.

[colour=#FF0000]"Eh its alright....for a pony city." [/colour]Razor said.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh come on Razor. You know its cool. A city in the clouds."[/colour] Glimmer said as she dove down towards the park.

Razor dove down with her, [colour=#FF0000]"Oh alright....maybe it is a bit cool."[/colour]

The two touched down on some clouds and Glimmer ran off to the playground laughing, joining some fillies and colts to play. Razor smiled, watching his sister play. He moved over to a bench and sat down, ignoring the small stares from some mares. They never see a griffon before?

[colour=#FF0000]'Or maybe their wondering why I'm small.' [/colour]Razor thought, eye twitching a bit.

Off in the Outskirts of Cloudsdale a small group of Pegesai were working Diligantly to clear a few storm clouds that had gathered. A blue pegasus with a Blond mane had pushed 2 of the clouds aside and had been moving the third when the group finnaly had decided to take a break. The blue pegasus sat on a nearby cloud and sighed, he was a little tuckered out from all of the work that they had to do today, And it wasnt even noon yet. He flapped his wings to loosten his feathers up, His muscles ached a little and felt like he was 10 years older than what he was. He looked over his shoulder and looked up at the Large cloud city he called home. Cloudsdale was a magnificant place to live, it had great views, Fresh water at all times and it was to put it frankly a city in the clouds. He heard a pony call his name [colour=#800000]"Hey Flashbomb stop relaxing and help us!" [/colour]He chided the Blue pegasus. Flash bomb looked away from the city and Flew over to Help his friends clear more of the clouds. He still had a long wok day ahead of him.

Her job wasn't stay-at-home though that is where her office was stationed. Musica was traveling from town to town, and it just so happened that this week she wound up in the home of the pegasi. Her wings were at their full expansion, her cream feathers preened and beautiful. Today she wore a light blue pinstripe vest with an oversized light blue bow tassled to the back of her wavy chestnut mane. The mare had caught a free day to socialize and meet other pegasi and ponies in Cloudsdale. She wasn't about to pass up such an opportunity as that. Walking down the main street, she found herself stopping by the fenced in playground, watching the foals play. The mare just stood there, idling and reminiscing about her foal-days as she stood there by the fence.

7oLky.png

Before long, Whirligig noticed a pair of Griffons come into the playground. Now, this wasn't completely unheard of - griffons were more common in Cloudsdale than in other parts of Equestria - but she still couldn't pull her curious eyes away from the pair of them. The older-looking one had grey feathers and a sandy coat. He looked smaller than most griffons, but exuded an air of athletic ability. Whirligig had no desire to challenge him to a flying competition any time soon. The younger, probably just a fledgling, had a rather worn purple bow fastened in her mane.

Whirligig watched as the younger rushed over to where the fillies and colts were playing on the playground equipment. Like Whirligig, the children seemed curious about the griffon, but happily included her in the group. The older one sat down on the bench next to Whirligig to watch his - daughter? Surely not; sister was more likely.

The blue Pegasus gave him a friendly smile, but then her attention drifted momentarily from the bird like lions (or were they lion-like birds?) to the playground gate. Standing on the other side of the fence was a tall Pegasus. This pony caught Whirligig's attention immediately due to her rather dapper sense of style and dress. The pinstripe vest and matching bow suited her well, standing out against the pony's soft cream-coloured coat. She looked to be slightly lost in her own thoughts.

Before she noticed what she was doing, Whirligig flew over to the fence and smiled at the pale-yellow Pegasus. "Isn't this lovely weather we're having? I do so love warm sunny days, especially when they're so out of season like this. Wouldn't you agree?"

[colour=#009966]"The sun is quite refreshing, I would say. You see so many physical changes with the trees and ground, that you feel it should skip the entire process and go straight to winter. However, this, this is simply pleasant. Its one of my favorite kind of days." [/colour]Musica responded casually, afraid she may seem long winded with her extended wording. The made shifted her seen green eyes to the Pegasus who now accompanied her next to the playground fence.before her arrival, her eyes were focussed on the griffon in the playground. Bring so far away from her home, she was bound to see something truly unique at some point,. It was a treat to see a griffon in Baltimare.

A smile, as tiny as it could be, brightened her features as she looked at the blue Pegasus. She lifted her front left hoof to shake that of her company's and introduced herself,[colour=#009966] "My name is Musica-Lee Noted. I'm from Baltimare."[/colour]

7oLky.png

"Baltimare!" Whirligig exclaimed. "I've never been there! I have been traveling around Equestria a bit, but I do so love living in Cloudsdale. It's such a wonderful city, lenient and fun. The multi-layered layout of the town can be confusing, of course - just try to draw a decent map of this place. But it's home. And there's certainly no place in the world better than home, at least for me. Oh, and I'm Whirligig. Can't remember if I told you that yet or not." Whirligig paused, but only briefly. Some shouts from the children drew her gaze back towards the increasingly-busy park. "Say there bluebird, do they have Griffons in Baltimare? I mean, they come to Cloudsdale fairly often - a lot of Griffon parents like sending their children to our flight schools and flight camps, you know. Cloudsdale has some of the best flyers in Equestria, and, by extension, the best flying teachers and coaches. Not that I myself ever went to any. Why don't we go over and introduce ourselves to those two? The one on the bench looks like he's worried about something. Maybe he's lonely? Maybe he needs cheering up?"

Whirligig urged Musica-Lee to follow her over the fence as she headed back over towards the edge of the playground.

Flashbomb helped the other 3 pegesai move the last of the clouds in the right places. He put his hooves on his sides as he examined their work, he had sweat on his forehead which he wiped away with his hoof. He saw his teammate check off the 1st thing on the list, it seemed like they still had 2 more things to Attend to. [colour=#800000]"Hmm, ok Clear the clouds above the playground and break the large stormcloud nearby. Seems easy enough." [/colour]The pegasus with the list spoke aloud. He put his list away and began to fly to the nearby playground. Flash followed suit with the others, He flew through the streets and passages in cloudsdale. He examined the pillars as they flew by. Thier shape, colours, and other details of the craftmanship. He enjoyed living here, It was compleately safe from everything except the weather. When they finnaly reached the playground Flash saw how busy it all was. Many foals flew left and right playing tag and other games. He smiled as he watched the foals, he wished he was that young again. His thoughts were brought back by his team member who called him over to help out. Flash sighed with distain but flew over to help. They pushed the first 3 stray clouds into more acceptable places. Flash broke one bigger one and split them up so they could move them more easily. He didnt mind having to be the cloud buster of the group for it was his special talent. He helped a purple pegasus mare push one cloud away, as he did he caught sight of something unusual. A gryphon sitting on a nearby bench. He knew they came to Cloudsdale every now and then but he hadnt seen one up until now. He drew his attention back to moving clouds, One more mistake and he would most likely be in hot water.

Glimmer giggled as she played with the other kids. She was currently in a game of tag with some of the fillies and colts.

Razor smiled then blinked, feeling that someone was watching him. He looked a bit to see two pegasi mares looking over at him. He gave a slight wave and said uncomfortably,[colour=#FF0000] "Uh....hi."[/colour]

He looked away and glanced up at some pegasi working on something for a moment before digging into his delivery bag and pulling out an apple. He swiped his claws once across the apple, cutting it into small pieces and started to eat them. He didn't prefer to eat fruits, but these apples from...Sweet Apple Acres he think it was, were good.....though...he still felt a bit embaressed by the kiss. Just remembering it caused him to blush slightly.

[colour=#009966] "Baltimare will forever be my home. I enjoy seeing the world of Equestria as it is, and experiencing all it has to offer."[/colour] Musica mentioned to Whirligig, [colour=#009966]"But Cloudsdale can certainly be confusing!"[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Its nice to meet you Whirligig."[/colour] She added to the last of her string of words, finding her attention now moving with the blue pegasus and attempting to keep up to he long phrases to respond to them accordingly.[colour=#009966] "Baltimare has a wide vairety of ponies, but its quite a treat to see a Griffon in the city. As I was growing up I may have seen only one or two. But that's just me. Griffons sure are more frequent in Cloudsdale it sounds like. Must be exciting in comparison to the usual."[/colour]

Taking in a good breath she exhaled a relaxed [colour=#009966]"Sure."[/colour] and expanded her wings for stability while trotting along the clouds behind Whirligig and following her to the other side of the playground. She wasn't used to walking on clouds.

As she walked with Whirligig, she noticed a few pegasi above them busting and reassorting clouds.[colour=#009966] How fun, and interesting that must be.. [/colour]she thought.

Lifting her front left hoof, she waved to the Gryphon. [colour=#009966]"Hello!"[/colour] She greeted, silently amused by the jingling of her bangles on her hoof as she waved.

7oLky.png

Whirligig smiled as the shy griffon exchanged greetings with the Baltimarian, who was using her wings to steady herself on the clouds. She looked as out of place here as Whirligig felt when she tried walking on the solid ground - she had yet to find her cloud legs.

"You'll get used to it before long. I like to think all Pegasus ponies were born to walk on clouds, even if they were born on the ground."

She recognized some of the local field weather ponies overhead clearing a few stray clouds that had gathered in the city.

(Cloudsdale's team consisted, for the most part, of the best of the best when it came to weather ponies. Her brother Stormwing hadn't even applied to be part of it, knowing that even though he was a fine weather pony, he would never make the cut for Cloudsdale's crew. Whirligig hadn't believed that for a moment, and urged him to apply, but he hadn't listened. Besides, as much as he loved Cloudsdale, he found land ponies fascinating and wanted to spend more time learning about and helping them.)

She waved to them, and a few whom she knew well waved back. She noticed one of the smaller of the crew was doing most of the cloud breaking. He paused from his work to look down at the crowded playground. Like she had, he did a bit of a double-take at the sight of the griffons. She was sure she'd seen him around the city before, but had yet to be introduced to him or have a proper conversation. She made eye contact with him and motioned for him to join them in the park as soon as he finished. There were only a few stray clouds left to clear.

She turned her attention back to the griffon. After Musica-Lee greeted him with a jingle of the bangles on her hooves. Whirligig began speaking. "I'm Whirligig, and this is my new friend Musica-Lee Noted of Baltimare. I've seen Griffons around Cloudsdale several times, but I don't think I've ever met you before. What's your name? Are you just visiting? Is that your sister on the playground? How long have you been here? Where do you live? Do you live in Acquellia? I've never been to Acquellia before. What is it like? Are there any ponies there? I'm sorry, am I asking too many questions?" Whirligig finally stopped, feeling only slightly embarrassed by her verbal assault on the stranger. She placed all four hooves on the cloud below and tried to wait patiently for an answer.

Flashbomb had taken yet anouther break despite his team's displeasure. He wa getting winded from all of the constant cloudbreaking and needed just a couple minutes to gain back his composure. He gazed yet again down to the gryphon sitting on the bench, ot was still a Marvel to him in someway. He saw 2 other pegesai trot over to him to chat with it, He had no idea why he called it "it" but he did so anyway. He caught a glance of one of them, a blue pegasus with an flame orange mane. She smiled to him and waved, He went to wave back but saw that she was waving to the others behind him. He felt his face flush red from embarrisment from his mistake. Then the pegasus looked straight at him. He floated to the right to make sure she was looking at him and not somepony else. When her gaze followed him he was sure she was focusing on him. She mouthed out the words "Come join us when you can." He raised an eyebrow at this, why would she want to talk with him.

His attention wavered back to his work and he flew back to the team as they finnished the last of the clouds off. Now was the time for the harder part. They flew a ways away from the playground to a storm cloud that zapped and sparked a bit. Flash didnt particularly enjoy working with these clouds. They hurt if you got caught in the electricity they spewed. A team mate flew close to the cloud to check it. When she touched the cloud though she got zapped on the hoof, to which she squeaked in surprise. Everypony was dumbfounded on what to do in this situation. You had to first get rid of the energy by either bouncing on it or break it with a gust of wind from your wings.

Nopony here had the strength to make a gust large enough to even stir the cloud so they had to go with the medium. They tried to get close but the cloud just repeated what it did to the first pegasus and scared them off.

Flash rubbed his chin and tried to think to himself on how to get past this without anypony getting hurt.

"I'm Whirligig, and this is my new friend Musica-Lee Noted of Baltimare. I've seen Griffons around Cloudsdale several times, but I don't think I've ever met you before. What's your name? Are you just visiting? Is that your sister on the playground? How long have you been here? Where do you live? Do you live in Acquellia? I've never been to Acquellia before. What is it like? Are there any ponies there? I'm sorry, am I asking too many questions?"

Razor leaned back a bit in surprise of all the questions, [colour=#FF0000]"Uhhhhh, hi......my name is Razor." [/colour]He was a bit uncomfortable by the sudden questions but he regained his cool and decided to answer them.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well I'm just visiting here with my sister Glimmer over there,"[/colour] He pointed to his sister, who was playing with some fillies as they played hide and seek.

[colour=#FF0000]"How long I've been here? I've been in Equestria for a decent time, enough to see alot of the different towns and cities but I don't really live anywhere. Just whereever my job takes me. Aquellia is nice, lot of wide open canyons, and sun baked rock. Not alot of grass and such as you see here except in some places. And no not alot of ponies live there cause the enviroment is a bit too harsh for them."[/colour]

7oLky.png

Whirligig listened intently to every word that came out of the Griffon's mouth, especially when he described his home land of Aquellia. She could live without the green grass - there wasn't any of that in Cloudsdale after all. But she would not be able to live with quite so much sunlight. Cloud cover was vital to her enjoyment of life. In Equestria, the Pegasus ponies ensured they kept a perfect blend of sunny weather and cloud cover, with just the right amount of rain for growing things and just the right amount of snow to nourish the ground.

"But what about the weather? Who looks after that? Surely more rain and snow would make the environment far more comfortable for ponies and griffons alike." Whirligig was about to argue her case for the manipulation weather over allowing natural forces to take over (she'd never been to the Everfree Forest herself, but she'd heard nightmarish stories about it), but just then she heard a thunderclap and there was a spark of lightning.It wasn't terribly loud, nor was such an occurrence unheard of, but she still felt the need to investigate. She noticed that the weather team that had been working overhead had moved, having finished up with the stray clouds directly above the playground.

"Be right back," she said to Musica and Razor, as she took off to find the source of the electricity.

She found them a few moments later gathered around a small storm cloud, evidently full of electricity. One of the ponies looked rather singed, as though the cloud had already done a number on her. The small was trying to work out how to clear the cloud. Whirligig knew the gist of what needed to be done; drain it of electricity or break it somehow. Wind usually did the trick; a good, strong gust. There wasn't much natural wind around today, but Whirligig could tell that the small breeze was coming from the north east. She made her way around to that side of the cloud and began flapping her wings to encourage the wind. She didn't have any available instruments to tell her what difference she was making, but she was sure it wasn't much.

The other weather ponies were now looking at her curiously. "What are you playing at, Whirligig?" asked the pink one.

"Come on," she replied, "Give us a wing. If everypony works together and comes at it from this direction, the cloud ought to break. There's already a small breeze, you just need to encourage it. No one pony needs to make a strong gust if everypony helps out."

Flashbomb was still deep in thought, He just couldnt think of anything. Then he noticed that the weather team began to all look in one direction behind him. He turned his gaze expecting to see something bad like a monster of some sorts but found it to be the blue pegasus from before. He raised an eyebrow at her as she had begun to flap her wings in the direction the breeze from the north east. It seemed to be amplifling the current and making it somewhat stronger. She then encouraged everypony to help her and they would possable build up a torrent enough to break the cloud and discharge the energy.Flash smiled at her can do spirit and flew ovet beside her. He began to flap his wings in rythem to hers. The others gave them both awkward looks to which flash replied[colour=#0000FF] "What are you waiting for? She has a great idea, why not try it?" [/colour]He said. The others shrugged and flew over beside them. They all caught the rythem of things and began to amplify the wind to a standpoint where it was now a Gale. Eventually their gusts of wind began to break the cloud apart. It crumbled into 3 different pieces and they could finnaly take a break. Flashbomb's teammates flew to work the cloud to different spots as to not allow the parts to stick back together again. Flash smiled at the blue pegasus [colour=#0000FF]"Wow you realy do know your weather management tactics, Im very impressed!"[/colour] He complimented her.

7oLky.png

With a grand effort on behalf of everypony, the gust of wind was able to successfully break apart the troublesome storm cloud.As the group of weather ponies began to break apart to finish it off, a few of them thanked Whirligig and complimented her efforts. She felt quite undeserving of all the attention; it had, after all, been a team effort and she was hardly deserving of the praise.

As the group wrapped up, the yellow-maned Pegasus Whirligig had noticed earlier approached her. [colour=#0000cd]"Wow, you really do know your weather management tactics, I'm very impressed,"[/colour] he said. Whirligig blushed. "It was nothing, really. I had an idea and it turned out the idea worked. It had more to do with being able to find and use the wind that was already there. It's sort of my passion." she shrugged. "Anyways, I'm going to head back to the park on Cirrus Street. I was kind of mid-conversation when I heard the thunderclap. I would love for you to come and join us whenever you can. I'm Whirligig, by the way." She extended her hoof, and once the expected introductions had been carried out, she turned back towards the city center.

She was feeling kind of bad about leaving Musica and Razor alone in the park and wanted to get back to them before they began to think she'd ditched them completely. Beating her wings as hard and fast as she could (which, regrettably, wasn't very fast), she came to a skidding halt in the playground next to the bench, still occupied by the Griffon.

"Sorry about that," she panted. "What'd I miss?"

[colour=#006633]"How do you do?"[/colour] Musica said shyly as she stood next to Whirligig on the clouds, speaking with the griffon known as Razor. She didn't have much of anything to say, as anypony can learn from merely listening. And that is just what she did. Musica listened to the conversation, learning that Razor, the griffon, was visiting Cloudsdale with his little sister Glimmer who was in the playground. They are from Aquellia, she noted, and Razor's job makes him travel from place to place. The griffon sounded much like the mare, except she traveled to find a place to root her eventual business.

The loud sound of the lightning startled the pegasus, causing her to take flight into the air. Musica rotated her feathery-wings in a clockwise motion, keeping herself lightly suspended in the air from the clouds beneath her. How frightening!

"Be right back," Whirligig said to Musica and Razor, as she took off to find the source of the electricity.

Musica nodded. [colour=#006633]"O-okay.."[/colour] She said, almost skittish of the clouds beneath her. The mare knew good and well that the sound was from the black one off to the distance, but she wasn't used to it being so close to her like this. Her hat certainly went off to the weather ponies. Musica's eyes couldn't help but follow the blue pegasus going toward the weather ponies to help. She seemed like a wonderful coordinator, and inquisitive with her idea to break the large cloud. Undoubtedly, her idea worked and the cloud broke from what little Musica could see. [colour=#006633]"Cool."[/colour] she said randomly.

As Whirligig return, Musica waved to the returning pony and greeted her with a smile.[colour=#006633] "Welcome Back, Whirligig. Quite some work you and the team of weather ponies did."[/colour] Musica commented.

Razor opened his mouth to speak, but the Pegasus flew off before he could answer.

"Hmm, " he said and looked to Musica, "So... Hi."

When Whirligig was back he said, "Nice job. And um we'll the reason why we don't mess with the weather is one we griffons have industry to help us and we prefer the wild weather mostly. Besides my kind doesn't mind the challenges of our land. We've made and carved a living there for generations. We enjoy the challange as it suits us. The weak don't survive long in the rocky canyons of Aquilla. And we griffons are not weak."

Flashbomb watched Whirligig Fly away. He continued to watch until she was out of sight. [colour=#0000FF]"Huh.....i wonder why i didnt think of that...."[/colour]He thought to himself. He turned to Finnish the job with his team. Eventually after about a couple minutes of clean up they were finnished for the day. Flash waved and said farewell to all of his teammates and Left. He flew twoards the Playground to find Whirligig again. He Found her as well as another pony talking to the gryphon on a bench. He flew just a ways off, he was honestly a little on edge around the Gryphon. He had no idea how they Acted, how short their fuses were or anything about them. He landed nearby Them and trotted slowly over to them. He waited for the right moment in the conversation to Join in.

7oLky.png

As Whirligig return, Musica waved to the returning pony and greeted her with a smile. "Welcome Back, Whirligig. Quite some work you and the team of weather ponies did." Musica commented.

"Oh, you saw that?" Whirligig blushes again. "Yeah, the Cloudsdale weather ponies are a pretty great team. They try their best to keep storms out of the city itself - what need to we have for rain up here? Nopony's trying to grow any food or garden."
"Nice job. And um we'll the reason why we don't mess with the weather is one we griffons have industry to help us and we prefer the wild weather mostly. Besides my kind doesn't mind the challenges of our land. We've made and carved a living there for generations. We enjoy the challange as it suits us. The weak don't survive long in the rocky canyons of Aquilla. And we griffons are not weak."

"Wow, I guess that sort of makes sense. You are a rather hardy race after all. I guess it's just that I, and many other ponies, like having control. Sure, we probably could leave the weather to it's own devices, but if we can control it and manipulate it to meet our needs, then why shouldn't we? Especially if letting it roam free turns the land into a wild and chaotic place like the Everfree Forest. No, I would not be up to the challenge of living in a place like Aquellia. I love Cloudsdale so much - every change to the scenery happens because we decide we want it to. We can change and move the clouds at will. The ground is so solid, so unflexible and unmoving and how are we supposed to control it? How do you change it from being a hill to being flat when you want it to?" She shakes her head. "The ground is a nice place to visit. Unicorns and their magic are fascinating, and I've never really met an Earth Pony I didn't like. But Cloudsdale is, and always will be my home."

She stops talking, wondering if she's said too much. Not a word she'd said was untrue; she didn't like spending too much time on the ground and felt safer when she was surrounded by the soft warmth of the clouds in the sky. She wasn't paranoid, though, and she didn't want the other ponies to think she was. Nor did she want them to think that she thought any less of them because they chose to make a living on the hard terrains below.

"I mean, I totally understand and respect that you two like living there, and I love hearing about and visinting other places, but they're just not for me." she amends.

Just then, out of the corner of her eye she notices the blue and yellow pegasus from before has finally come to join them. "Hi!" she greets him as she steps aside, opening up the small circle so that he can join in the conversation. "Musica-Lee Noted the pegasus from Baltimare and Razor the griffon from Aquellia, meet-" she falters. With a small chuckle she turns to the newcomer "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name."

Flashbomb listened intently to what Whirligig was saying to the others. He sat down and Covered his hind legs with His tail. She Talked about how Pegesai worked better with control and that we being the winged creatures we were allowed us to Manipulate the weather to our needs. He Thought about how much truth there were to her words. He enjoyed life up in the sky comparedto the ground. He also enjoyed their dominance over the weather and how they could work it. but a small pang of regret hit him when he realized how much of a sheltered life that the pegesai had lived. Without clouds, without weather, what would they do? They couldnt adapt to the harsh climate and hard unforgiving ground and learn new ways of life could they? Amist his thoughts he saw that Whirligig had offered him to join in. He smiled slightly and trotted forward. She began to make introductions when She got caught up on his name. He felt really dumb when he realized he didnt introduce himself to her. He looked to them[colour=#0000FF] "Its Flashbomb.....You can call me Flash if you wish...." [/colour]He said with a slight shy tone in his voice. He looked to the gryphon [colour=#0000FF]"Pleased to meet you Razor, And you you too Musica-Lee."[/colour] He said to Musica after adressing Razor. He looked to Razor [colour=#0000FF]"[/colour][colour=#0000FF]Aquilla Is the place your from huh? Ive been there only once and that was when my parents decided that it would be a learning vacation for us. Very rough place when we went there."[/colour] He said to Razor. He sat down and Covered his hindlegs again with his long tail. He looked to Musica [colour=#0000FF]"I think ive seen you before Musica.....i just cant put my hoof on it..."[/colour] He said with a curious look in his eyes. He thought He might have seen her around at one time or another but he wasnt so good with Places and times.

[colour=#008000]"I can't remember either Flash." [/colour]Musica responded.

She didn't feel very talkative right now. Musica learned more about the others by merely listening. But this didn't bother her.

Suddenly, she remembered. [colour=#008000]"Flash, did I meet you in that cupcake place in Ponyville not too long ago??"[/colour]

Her eyes glanced and scanned her surroundings and looked at her new friends. Musica didn't want them to feel left out.

7oLky.png

"Ponyville?" Whirligig asked. "I love that town! Such a cute little village, almost one of my favourite ground-towns to visit. My favourite is Trottingham; my brother lives there. Are you talking about Sugarcube corner? That's a nice sweet shop, they make good cupcakes there. I like the raspberry ones best. Raspberries are my favourite berries. I'm sorry, am I blabbering again? I never mean to blabber on like this, it's just that I get to talking and I can't stop."

She stopped, looking around at her new friends with expectant eyes.

Flash listened to the others intently, His right ear flicked as he politly kept quiet. Musica asked if they had met in sugarcube corner. He thought back to the buissiness of a pink party pony and tried to recall when he did see her. He remembered seeing somepony like her and he Chatted with her for only a brief moment. He honestly couldnt remember but it seemed likely. [colour=#0000FF]"I think so Musica. Yea thats when i think i met you, at sugarcube corner. Sorry my mind is a little fuzzy."[/colour]He spoke to Musica. He turned his attention to Whirligig as she rambled on about berries. He swished his tail to the right and smiled warmly to her [colour=#0000FF]"Its alright Whirligig, I prefer blueberries though, I like the sweetness of them. They are very good in pies, and in haycakes."[/colour]He said. He licked his lips at the thought of Haycakes. He snapped back to reality and chuckled, [colour=#0000FF]"So.......Do you all like cloudsdale? Its a pretty cool city, I think its in need for more renovation." [/colour]He said as he glanced at the Arcitecture of the buildings around him. The Large pillars that contrasted the trimming of most of the buildings around them.

[colour=#FF0000]"I've been to Ponyville. I tend to pass through there alot on business. Its nice enough I guess."[/colour] Razor said absently as he glanced over to the playground to keep an eye on Glimmer, who was no where to be seen. Razor jumped from the bench, [colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer! Where are you!?!"[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Here I am. Weee!"[/colour] Glimmer shouted as she dived from the small cloud she had hid in and landed ontop of Razor, laughing as she wrapped her claws around his neck into a hug. Razor jumped in surprise by this, but sighed in relief.

[colour=#FF0000]"Don't do that sis. Nearly gave me a heart attack." [/colour]Razor said as he walked back to the bench. Glimmer just giggled and waved to the ponies as they approached.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Oh it was funny Razor. Who are these ponies?" [/colour]She asked as she looked at Muscia, Whirligig, and Flash, [colour=#EE82EE]"Hi! I'm Glimmer."[/colour]