1pcoyv.png

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Tinder Foot (Tin-Tin)

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: [colour=#FF3333]Dark Salmon[/colour]

Coat: [colour=#FFFF66]Light Yellow[/colour]

Mane/Tail:

[colour=#FF3333] Dark Salmon[/colour] and [colour=#FF9900]Pumpkin Orange.[/colour] Her mane is cropped into a very stylish bob, Streaked with a pumpkin orange colour in the midst of the dark red. The ends of her mane are turned outward, and the top of it is lifted for added volume. Her tail has the same colours, and a similar style. Lifted out from her rear flanks, her tail spirals into one big shimmering curl corresponding to the style of her mane.

Physique:

Very fit and lean. She is an athletic pony, and its something that shows. She has long legs and a small boddess. Her hooves are the same Dark Salmon/Reddish colour as her eyes and hair are. On her face, she also has freckles under her eyes and on her cheeks.

Residence: Las Pegasus

Cutie Mark: A silvery baton ring surrounded in flames. The ones like a majorette would use as a prop.

History:

Foalhood

Tin-Tin was born in Las Pegasus at one of the local hospitals. She was born healthy, and cute as can be with a tuft of hair on her mane and tail. She looked like a firework as a foal. Her parents loved her unique looks and admired them dearly. Because of her beauty they bought her all sorts of unique clothing, and show outfits.

Her parents were carnival ponies. Her Father was a ring-leader in a circus act in Las Pegasus, and her Mother was an animal charmer with her voice. They performed their shows nightly. The circus family they had were thrilled upon Tin-tin arrival. Her parents already knew Tin-tin would be a part of their act, but doing what?

A few years or so down the road, Tin-tin was home-schooled by her parents during the day as during the afternoons they performed. Growing up in such an outgoing environment gave tin-tin this outgoing personality. She wasn't shy, wasn't afraid. She was bold, and impulsive. Even for a foal. As a foal, her mum put Tin-tin into pageants. In those pageants, her mum dressed Tin-tin up in flamboyant glittery bridles and curled her firey mane and tail. The way her mane and tail looked in those pageants is how she chose to wear them for the rest of her days, because she loved it so much. The talent portion of the pageants was always something different, from dancing to using ribbons, gymnastics, to all sorts. Her mother wanted Tin-tin to have a well rounded performing background.

It wasn't long before Tin-tin grew out of pageants. The constant demand of glitz in pageants wasn't something she enjoyed. Tin-tin was a filly by this time, and her parents allowed her to begin having small acts within the nightly circus performances. Tin-Tin did things from balance acts over large pools of water, to swinging with one of the circus ponies in the air, and doing some magic tricks with a zebra. Tinder Foot's parents were very proud of her.

Because of never attending a public school, Tin-tin never had many friends her age. She wouldn't have found her special talent in a public school and every day, ordinary life. Her life wasn't ordinary, but extraordinary.

Cutie Mark Story

"mum! mum!" Tinder Foot shouted to her mother. It was early afternoon and with it being the weekend, she didn't have cool. In her room she had been practicing with her batons all day, and now she was prepared for this evenings show. Well, prepared with her routine. The other one, the one she was supposed to, she just sort of forgot. "mum!" Tinder shouted again. Her mother, having been speaking with her father, stopped to look at the filly who so impatiently pestered her. As soon as her mother looked at Tinder Foot she started bouncing up and down excitedly. "mum I got a new routine I want to perform! Can I? Can I?!" She exclaimed. Her mum perked a brow. But Tin-tin knew what her mother was thinking. What crazy idea did she come up with this time? The circus was full of acrobats, but she wanted to try something that her circus never performed before. "Are you sure it will be a hit? What about the trapeze routine swinging through rings of fire?" Tin-tin's father jumped in, asking his daughter. "I'm going to me taking that ring of fire and moving it!" Tin-tin responded, the bouncing pony revolving in circles. She had too much energy to spare her.

"Well, I guess it couldn't hurt. . . even though we are sold out tonight." Her father said, almost hesitantly. The filly suddenly squealed and jumped at her father, wrapping her hooves around his neck. "Oh thank you daddy! Thank you!"

"Dear..." Her mother said nervously. Her father just looked at her mum and flashed her a charming smile. She rolled her eyes.

"When can I go?!" Tin-tin asked.

"Do you want to be the opening act?" Her parents asked, almost simultaneously.

"No, just put me in the middle!" Tinder Foot answered.

So, it was set. Her father went to contact the other carnival members and adjusted the schedule for daddy's little filly. Tin-tin ran off to practice for the performance. Her parents hadn't the slightest idea what she was up to, but they knew whatever it was couldn't hurt.

Later that night, the time had come for the show to begin. Her father being the ring leader, opened the show by taming a lion with a whip and a wooden stool. Then came dancing bears on patterned bouncing balls. The lights turned off then for her mother to sing and charm the crowd as well as some diamond dogs (who were treated with jewels due to their participation). Then it had a pony swallowing swords. A trapeze act. Canon act...

It rolled around to Tinder Foot's turn before she new it. Her nerves shook her up, but she just kept a smile. Around her body was this sparkling red outfit with sequins and silver linings around each leg sleeve and her middle. Each leg was adorned with a silver armlet with a ruby imbedded in the center. Her tail and mane was curled and fixed as they were in the pageants, and with a baton ring, she stood prepared. The crowd was clapping for the twin's escape act, and slowly the lights in the arena dimmed. Lightly treading across the concrete floor, Tin-tin made her way to the center. Carrying the baton ring in her mouth, she waited.Slowly Tin-tin stood up on her hind legs and awaited her crowd to judge her performance.

Showtime. The spotlight clicked and shone down upon the pony and she took a moment to look at the crowd, embracing the onlooking eyes in the circular arena. Swallowing, and taking a deep breath, she lifted the baton ring before her and began to spin it slowly. One of the prop managers in the circus team had came stealthily and placed a torch next to the pedestal she stood upon. Through her peripheral vision she seen the torch and began to dance on the pedestal, almost like ballet. Bending her knees into some elegant stance, she casually let the spinning baton catch on fire as her arm extending the spinning, silver prop out just above the torch. The crowd gasped as they seen the baton get in flamed. Spinning the ring faster, Tinder Foot threw the ring up in the air, and did a cartwheel off the pedestal where another lone torch awaited her. She grabbed another baton ring and glazed the edges across the nearby torch, spinning it with her right hoof as she skipped back toward the pedestal. A foot or two from it fell the baton she threw, and with her left hoof she caught it, gasping with the crowd. It wasn't long after before the crowd began to cheer for her wildly. Her arms were extended and spinning the batons, performing a few tricks such as maneuvering one of the flaming rings under one of her hind hooves, and juggling the rings. In the center was a circular hole for her hoof to fit through, and eventually the filly picked up one more baton for the finale of her act. She threw not one, but two of the baton rings she had and gallopped to a teetering board. The pony ran up the teetering board and leaped through a hoop with the spotlight following her. In the middle of the hoop was a third baton, already flaming. This ring was much smaller than the other two. Spinning the ring, she landed with a flip. And in that flip, she attached the third, smaller, baton ring to her left back hoof and danced quickly. In the nick of time, she caught both of the other baton rings which were inches from hitting the concrete. Tin-tin smiled and continued to dance, moving back to the pedestal. Leaning onto her right back hoof, she balanced on that sole hoof alone. The crowd continued to cheer and she moved the left baton ring to her mouth. Blowing on it, she stopped the first ring from having fire on its outer edges and moved the piece of metal around her neck. Because the fire was a stunt, it didn't burn her. Spinning, she moved the second baton between her moved just a bit longer as she balanced, before blowing its flames out and throwing the ring around her neck. Swinging down and around, the earth pony retrieved the third baton ring around her back hoof and blew it out, holding the ring that was no longer spinning in her right hand. She came to a stand and let the crowd cheer there on the pedestal, before taking her bow and leaving.

Behind the stage her parents were cheering for her, and it was the bearded lady-pony that pointed out something on her flank. Was she on fire? The bearded pony thought that her flank was on fire. However, when her mother lifted her costume from her flank and checked it, a flaming baton ring cutie mark had appeared. In the middle of her act, though she had to focus, she knew that she wanted to perform and be a carnival pony. And this was her specialty. A tear of happiness slid from one of the fillies eyes and she began to jump up and down, cheering as she had received her cutie mark. Finally!

The Life of the Young Mare

Night in and night out, Tinder Foot resided with her parents, her ocelot kitten named Ninya, and her carnival family. She is now an active act in the show, and a favorite to some of their onlookers. This is her occupation and her special talent. To do something the pony loved was more than Tin-tin could have ever asked for. Tinder-Foot hopes to become a part of a traveling act, so that she can get out to see the world of Equestria despite the love for her home here. She also hopes to eventually live a bit of the life outside the carnival and see what it is like there. Tin-tin finds her life very extraordinary, but very routine. Anything to mix it up would let this mares dark salmon eyes be refreshed.

Character Summary:

Tinder Foot isn't very shy. She is outgoing, almost borderline flamboyant. That was a product of her raising and history with performance. She had to learn to improv on stage, and is able to work her way through near-troubling situations because of that. Tin-tin is booksmart and does have a well bit of common sense. A disadvantage to her lifestyle is that she isn't fully exposed to the slice-of-life real world. She's never been out of Las Pegasus, and never has seen the world. That's something Tin-tin aspires to do is to travel, and to perform with a group or maybe solo. She wonders, and feels that she can easily adapt. It is just the last of personal experience that holds her back from a thing such as that.

Tinder Foot's biggest fear is rejection and humiliation. She is one to believe in unlimited possibilities and ways to do things, and that anything is possible. For Tin-Tin to be told that she can't, or to mess up on a performance makes her really sad. But Tin-Tin does bounce back. She loves to handle fire and props. She just loves to perform, and thrive off the energy that people feed her. It is her passion, her hobby, and her occupation.

When you first meet Tin-Tin, or when she is first to meet you persay, she will draw you in with her personality. She is curious, and wants to know everything that everypony and every thing has to offer. Some ponies even say she is nosey, but that doesn't stop her as long as you are willing to tell.

Tin-Tin likes to expand her boundaries in her performance, so no performance is the same. If she thinks of something, and she can bring it to life, she will. Tin-tin also likes to spend time with her ocelot kitten Ninya who also accompanies her at times in performances. Outside of the circus, Tinder Foot enjoys dancing, music, the stars, animals, experiencing new things, being social, making friends. A few things that Tin-tin can't stand are rude people, arrogance, snobs, rodents, and certain flowers.

What Tinder Foot hopes to accomplish in life would be to become a famous, perhaps even legendary performer that people speak of all over Equestria. She wants to be a traveling performer and perform outside of Las Pegasus, and show the world what she can do. Its a form of self-confidence and mere self-empowerment for her. Performing is where Tin-Tin is at her strongest.

Edited by Kitirina

Kitrina -- I know you're excited about getting this character approved. We have a volunteer team dedicated to helping you, but they are just that: volunteers working on their free time. For this reason, I must ask for your patience, and that you contain asking for any status updates to this thread. Rest-assured we'll work with you at our earliest convenience to give you the assistance and attention that you need. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

No worries. I realize that our volunteers, JR and SR RPHelpers, Moderaters, Administrators, and well, to simply put it, everyone on this board has lives and things to deal with. I posted merely stating that this application was complete for a 'heads up' sort of ordeal. I can't wait for Tin-tin to be apart of WoE, but i CAN wait however long it takes for life to slow down enough for the fun to begin.

I appreciate a lot of you and how friendly yall can be on this board. I should be thanking y'all.

Hey there!

I love the idea for the character. And on the whole this is a good app. There are a few things that will need tweaking or modifying.

The biggest thing is the name of the parents. Direct references to real world peoples is not allowed in apps. The other issue is that, well, it doesn't sound too pony-like. :P You can feel free to rename them to something more appropriate, or remove the names completely. Parental names are encouraged, but never required in apps.

The use of the term toddler is also out of place, since that is specifically a human term (referring to a child whom is just learning how to walk). The pony appropriate term would be "foal."

The next thing that raises an eyebrow is that they got media attention for having Tinder. While I can imagine them getting media attention for announcing a new death-defying act (as part of publicity), child birth not so much. It just seems superfluous.

Honestly, the rest of my comments have to do with proofreading. Making sure everything written makes sense, and proper capitalization is used. There are a few sentences that don't make much sense. The mains one that comes to mind are

Because of never attending a public school, Tin-tin never had many friends her age. But it wasn't something truly minded, having other foals and fillies and colts her age to play with. She wouldn't have found her special talent in a public school and every day, ordinary life.

There are other things that don't make much sense either, so it would be good to give your app another once over.

However, that said, this is an excellent app and a really unique and interesting character. It just needs a bit more work.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

• Like 1

I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to look this over. I'll have this edited by the end of the evening.

I reread and omitted the poorly thought of names for Tin-tins parents. Have I mentioned i'm bad at names...>>

Changed "toddler" to foal as i've had a lapse.

I omitted the media-attention. Just left it to be a surprise for her carnival family.

Fixed my wording on a few things after reading over my profile.

Edited by Kitirina