[Las Pegasus] Weekend Getaway! [Open!]

Jane

XVFBviv.png

[colour=#FFFFFF] "So tell me what do ya play?"[/colour]

Light smiled at the Zebra as they continued to climb the stairs. At first he was a bit skeptical about meeting this Foggy but now Light had the feeling that they were going to have a great time. You could say that their fun in the city was about to be doubled since they met Foggy. Which made Light more and more excited to show them the sights and wonders of Las Pegasus

[colour=#800000]"What do I play?" [/colour]Light continued to climb the stairs. [colour=#800000]"Well when I was little I played a small assortment of percussion instruments. But now my main instrument is my cello. Though I am always happy to try to learn new instruments. Just don't have the bits to buy new instruments. You know?"[/colour] He gave Foggy a weak smile which was followed by a few weak chuckles.

As they continued to climb the stairs he looked at each floor level sign. They were getting close to his home.

[colour=#0000FF]"How....far are we.....supposed to climb light?"[/colour]

Light continued to climb but he turned his head to Flashbomb.[colour=#0000ff] [/colour][colour=#800000]"We are almost there Flash."[/colour] He gave him a smile and then turned his head back in front of him. He realized that Flash was a bit out of breath and Light wasn't. He assumed it was because he climbed these stairs a lot in his life.

Light checked to make sure Whirligig was still with them. She was. He was sure that she would be but he was just checking.

(Sorry...but we were on the stairs for a while XD)

Just then they finally reached the correct floor. Light moved up and opened the door into the hallway. He waited for everypony to go through the door. [colour=#800000]"Everypony go on first. My room is number No. 324. It should be up close."[/colour] He gave all of them a smile as he waited for them to go through the door to the hallway.

iKfSVnA.png

Yep, Las Pegasus was turning out to be a pretty cool place filled to the brim with some pretty cool ponies. Whirligig could barely believe the luck they'd had, running into Light Harmony. How cool was it that they would have an exclusive, insider's tour of the city? Very cool, that's how cool. And now, thanks to this Unicorn, they had met a zebra, too! Whirligig loved Cloudsdale so much - it was a wonderful place to live and most certainly home, but the more she travelled, the more she realized that the rest of Equestria had a rich diversity of ponies inhabiting its cities. Zebras and unicorns and earth ponies and pegasi and griffons and dragons and all sorts of creatures lived in other cities of Equestria, wheras Cloudsdale was almost exclusively Pegasi with the occasional griffon thrown in the mix. Diversity, Whirligig was quickly learning, was a beautiful thing! She listened with a heightened interest as the two musical equines discussed their shared interest as they made their way up the stairs.

Whirly wondered at why Flashbomb seemed to be struggling. She was just flying up the stairs! Flying was so much better than walking, after all. Diversity was wonderful, yes, but she still had a slight aversion to the feeling of solid ground beneath her hooves. Clouds were light and springy, but the stairs were made of a solid wood to which Whirligig was unaccustomed. Also, the ground was dirty and as a general rule, Whirligig liked cleanliness. It wasn't a problem normally - flying suited her just fine and her wings didn't tire easily. She'd once flown from Cloudsdale to Fillydelphia to visit a friend because she couldn't be bothered with the train. Up, up up they went to the third floor and down the hall to Light Harmony's flat. She was pleased to see that it looked nothing like her bachelor brother's flat - it was tidy and clean and not at all in the disarray that Stormwing chose to live in. She lifted her saddlebags from her back and released her small valise from her tail's grasp.

[colour=#498995]"Oh, this place is lovely, lovely, lovely! Should we just leave our things anywhere? Will that work? I'm excited to see the city and get going! I'm so glad you're coming with us, blackbird, it'll be so much fun to see the city with a zebra, too, won't it Flashbomb?"[/colour]

Her companion seemed a little bit nervous. He hadn't been quite so excited to see the city as she was, and rather than being excited about having Foghorn join their party, he seemed more anxious about it. Whirligig didn't know the yellow-maned stallion very well, but she was starting to get the sense that he wasn't really enjoying the trip as much as she was. This saddened her, so she decided she needed to try to cheer her friend up a little bit. Deciding that the carpet was plush enough and clean enough for her to land, she placed all four hooves on the ground and folded her wings against her side for the first time since they'd arrived in the city.

[colour=#498995]"Come on Bluebird, this is going to be a great weekend! We don't have to think about the weather, since the weather ponies here have called for clear skies for the next three days! We've met two awesome new friends who are super excited to show us around the city, and we've saved a bucket load by not having to pay for a hotel thanks to Light Harmony! What would you like to do first? We've got two ponies here who are connoisseurs when it comes to music - you like music, don't you? Maybe we could go check out some shows first? I'm sure Light Harmony knows all the best ones."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Ah tried many an instrument when I was a youngin," Foghorn said to Light's reply, "in the end though I fell in love with me saxophone." Foghorn followed the trio up the stairs, keeping stride with his new acquaintances. When Light holds the door Foggy thanks him before making his way down the hall. "Tis quite a nice place ya got here," Foggy comments, "much bigger dan me place in Fillydelphia."[/colour]

XVFBviv.png

"Oh, this place is lovely, lovely, lovely! Should we just leave our things anywhere? Will that work? I'm excited to see the city and get going! I'm so glad you're coming with us, blackbird, it'll be so much fun to see the city with a zebra, too, won't it Flashbomb?"

[colour=#FFFFFF]"Tis quite a nice place ya got here,"[/colour]

Light couldn't help but smile. He had never gotten compliments on his home before. He glanced around it and saw that it was indeed kind of messy but not as messy as he thought it was. So everything was alright. In his apartment he had everything he needed. He had all the essentials and what not and a few things he had bought himself. Such as the desks and tables and drawers and what not. The occasional plant to keep his home looking nice. He looked over and saw two doors. One door lead to his bedroom and one to just some random guest room he had that he used for his music room and such. He knew he had two staying here so it was going to work out perfectly with him having the two beds. Well there was one bed which was the biggest one...it was in his bedroom. What he liked big beds!

Then in that guest room he had there was a smaller bed tucked away in a corner. He never slept on it so he had no reason for it. He looked back to the two who would be staying at his home.

[colour=#800000]"Thank you all so much. I thought my home was rather dirty and all that. But anyways, Flashbomb, Whirligig. Since you two will be staying here I open my bedroom and my guest room to you . You two can pick who sleeps in which room and don't worry. I will tidy up the bed in the bedroom."[/colour] He gave them each faint smiles. He would probably need to either wash the sheets on the bed or just trade them out with a different pair. "I shall be sleeping here on the couch here." He pointed to the couch. "[colour=#800000]No exceptions from either of you."[/colour] He smirked at them.

[colour=#800000]"You all can just leave your things here if you'd like. Anywhere is fine!"[/colour] He smiled at them. He then turned to Foggy who spoke about the saxophone being his love. Light was a bit envious.

"[colour=#800000]The saxophone? How wonderful! I play the cello and string bass if needed for the occasional jazz routine. Las Pegasus ponies love their jazz and all."[/colour] He laughed and then pointed towards the guest room he had. "Everything I do musically happens in there." He smiled.

Just then he heard Whirligig talking to Flashbomb. She seemed to be trying to cheer him up. Was it something Light said? Was it his home? Was it all those stairs? A million questions began to run through Light's head. But then he had an idea. [colour=#800000]"Oh wait!"[/colour] He trotted over to a curtain and used his magic to pull it back. The curtain opened up to reveal a window and a balcony. He opened the window and stepped outside onto the balcony.[colour=#800000] "Isn't this amazing?"[/colour] Even though Light was a unicorn he felt like a pegasus when he was out on this balcony. High and overlooking so many buildings. Looking out onto the city. He then stuck his head in the window and trotted back inside. [colour=#800000]"Should see the city at night time out there eh? Quite amazing." [/colour]He smiled again.

[colour=#800000]"Alright! I'll uh..let you two get situated and when you're ready to go. We'll..uh..head on out to explore the city." [/colour]He nodded at them. "[colour=#800000]You two are staying for how long again?"[/colour] He had to admit. He loved having company.

Flashbomb had followed Whirligig into the Flat. He looked around at the partially tidy area with great interest, The room was tidy except for the few things scattered about. He Trotted near the couch and looked around some more, He figured Light was more of a pony whom lived inside of his means which was Quite fine with him. He looked back to Whirligig who had begun to chatter up a storm again. He Smiled and Listened as she went on about discovering the city and such. [colour=#0000FF]"Heh.....yea it will be great!" [/colour]He said. He had Untied his bags and set them on the floor beside him. He had been a fool and hadnt let his wings free before the Bag was set. He unfolded his wings and flapped them, He sighed with the feeling of being free from that cursed bag of Encuberdness. He began to look around some more and spotted 2 doors, he figured that one was a guest and the other was the main bedroom. Light had confirmed this and he nodded, 200 points for him. He heard Whirligig start to chat with him about cheering up. He turned and tilted his head slightly as she went on listing the many things Las Pegasus had to offer. He Sat on his haunches and looked at Her in slight bewilderment. Had he really come off as not enjoying the trip? Believe him he truly was enjoying it, just a few things had come around that had put him on edge that was all. [colour=#0000FF]"I honestly figured things were going well Whirligig, i really did. I am enjoying this trip and Enjoying that we found 2 friends. One in fact who as you said is letting us stay with him. I am happy about coming on this Trip....honest. Its just sometimes some of these things are just a little nerve racking to me thats all." [/colour]He said to her. She had as well asked what he wanted to do first. [colour=#0000FF]"I dont know to tell you the truth. And music is pretty cool to me, just not so much the music that they play. Im more of a what do you call it? Techno lover." [/colour]He said as he referenced The white unicorn with a neon blue mane whom played music like everymoment of her life. He looked to see light open a Balcony window and had called them to come see. He trotted over and out onto the balcony as well. The view was grand, you could see almost all of Las pegasus. He smiled widely at the sight before him. [colour=#0000FF]"You really have it made....dont you Light?" [/colour]He said to him while still looking out over the city. He flapped his wings and took flight. He flew out of the balcony and looked down to see how far up they were. He whistled, they were pretty high but not so bad. He really just wanted to strech his wings, [colour=#0000FF]"As whirligig said, it is wonderful."[/colour]

iKfSVnA.png

[colour=#800000]"I thought my home was rather dirty and all that."[/colour]

[colour=#498995]"Oh no no no, Songbird, you should see the place my brother keeps. It's disgusting - I mean, I think he only does the dishes once a month or something because it's terrible, the way dirty dishes are all stacked up in his place. And then there's all the old comic books and novels he has strewn all over the place - I mean, really, if you haven't read it in over a week, put it back on the shelf! I love my brother, really, he's one of my most favourite ponies in all of Equestria, but I cannot stand staying with him at his place in Trottingham just because it's rather awful. Your place is Canterlot Castle by comparison."

"Oh, and I must thank you again for opening your home to us like this. The spare room will certainly be good enough for me - I know nothing of music at all I'm afraid except that I like stuff that sounds good, so don't worry, I promise not to touch your equipment."[/colour] She fluttered into the room and deposited her saddlebags and her small valise on the small bed in the corner. [colour=#498995]"Looks like you've got quite the set-up in here! I'll just set my bags on the bed here and then we can get on with our trip then, can't we?"[/colour]

She flew back out of the room and saw that Light had opened the door to the balcony for Flashbomb to see out. [colour=#498995]"Oh oh oh, Songbird, the view from this balcony is simply splendid! You can almost imagine yourself being a pegasus when you're up here, can't you? Oh, I love it, I just love it! I think Flashbomb is right - you've got a lovely little life made out for yourself, haven't you? Of course, it's always great when you're doing something you love for a living, isn't it? Do you play many live shows? Have I asked that already? I probably have - I can never remember what I have and haven't asked. Do you think I ask too many questions?"[/colour]

As for Flashbomb, she thought her little pep-talk had done the trick, but she couldn't be sure. He mentioned his love of Techno music more than jazz, as their host was interested in, and Whirly could sort of understand. She didn't really stay on top of any music and didn't really know the DJ Flashbomb was referring to.

All that same, that didn't mean she objected to music. How many nights had she spent in the pubs on Clousdale's main street looking for a great time and good music? Of course, being a city mainly concerned with aerobatics and weather making, the music scene in Cloudsdale was rather lacking - especially considering that it was really only prepared to cater for Pegasus musicians. But this was Las Pegasus! Not only was there plenty of music, but there was gambling and live entertainment and half of a clouded city to see!

Oh, just looking out the window at the view of the city was enough to get her riled up! She almost didn't even want to bother going back to the stairs - she just wanted to fly out the window and see as much of the city as she could from above. Indeed, if Light Harmony and Foghorn could have sprouted wings and followed suit, she would have legitimately suggested it! Instead, she just spun around in the air, creating a small whirlwind on the balcony with her wings, and let out an excited squee.

[colour=#498995]"Come on you guys, let's go explore the city!"[/colour] She exclaimed rather impatiently, ready to drag the lot of them out of the apartment if need be. [colour=#498995]"We leave tomorrow night, and I want to get as much Las Pegasus in as I possibly can!"[/colour]

• Like 1

[colour=#800000]"I thought my home was rather dirty and all that."[/colour]

[colour=#FFFFFF]

Foggy let out a chuckle at this and shook his head. "Nah, this be clean when ya been raised on a farm like me." He said with an amused tone. He did rather like the apartments here in Las Pegasus, but they didn't hold a candle to those in Fillydelphia. He didn't mind the cramped little place he had back home. In fact he preffered it. It forced him and those ponies around to be neighborly and encouraged community. Foggy could see how one could stay indoors for days here in Las Pegasus. The idea put him off and he would be happy to return home once his gig here was over. At least he had found some other visitors to tag along with and enjoy the city.
​[/colour]

[colour=#498995]"Come on you guys, let's go explore the city!"[/colour]

[colour=#FFFFFF]Fog had followed the trio out to the balcony and took in the sights from the elevation. "Tis a Purdy city from up here," he commented, "I'm sue it be even purdier from street level nah?" He had to agree with Whirligig, he had been in this city for a while and had not taken the time to explore it. The time was now and Fogghorn was ready and willing to go.[/colour]

XVFBviv.png

"Oh oh oh, Songbird, the view from this balcony is simply splendid! You can almost imagine yourself being a pegasus when you're up here, can't you? Oh, I love it, I just love it! I think Flashbomb is right - you've got a lovely little life made out for yourself, haven't you? Of course, it's always great when you're doing something you love for a living, isn't it? Do you play many live shows? Have I asked that already? I probably have - I can never remember what I have and haven't asked. Do you think I ask too many questions?"

[colour=#800000]"I don't think you ask to many questions. You came to a city that you know nothing about. You should be entitled to ask questions.[/colour]" He gave her a smile and then trotted over and closed the balcony window. He liked to keep it closed when he wasn't at home and all.

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#498995]"We leave tomorrow night, and I want to get as much Las Pegasus in as I possibly can!"[/colour]

This hit Light a bit harder than expected. He had in his mind that these ponies were going to be living with him for a while and he would get to show them pretty much the whole city. He couldn't show them the whole city in one night! He would need...a lot of nights! They couldn't leave, they just couldn't! He didn't want to lose Foghorn or Flashbomb or Whirligig.

[colour=#0000FF]You really have it made....dont you Light?[/colour]

Light realized that his response to Flashbomb was a bit late. All three of them said pretty much the same thing about his home. "I appreciate everything you all have said about my home. I really do." He gave all of them very friendly smiles.

He then turned and moved towards the door and opened it. He waved a hoof out the door. [colour=#800000]"Well. There's no time to waste. What's say we go and explore this city then." [/colour]He then kept the door open for the three to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Flashbomb Followed light to the door, He trotted on the floor beneath him. He had enough of walking, He wanted to spread his wingd and soar. But the confined space and the fact that Light and Foggy couldnt Fly kept him from Diving off of the balcony.He stood by light waiting for Whirligig and Foggy to follow them. [colour=#0000FF]"This is gonna be fun." [/colour]He said to Light as he expressed his enthusiasum. He flapped his wings with excitement nearly lifting off of the floor below him. He smiled with glee.