FiM Microseries #3 Thread

This has to be my absolute favorite out of the microseries comics so far, and it even rivals Issue #1 of the main series in terms of how I like it: 5/5 for me. :D

As the RPer of Derpy Hooves, I'll say that I have no plans to make her into a mailmare anytime soon despite her depiction as such in one panel. XD

Yeah, snatched it up the other day at Hot Topic with issue #6 of the regular series, and it's by far the best of the mini micro series issues so far..Ofcourse we do get the original main series team on this one...

The story is a good deal of fun..We get hippy ponies.. 'Peeky Pie' checking out the naked stallions..A very cute Octavia in a toga...Rarity keeping pictures of Spike and Applejack near her bed.. Celestia in a tub....And there's the short story..Geez Spike, that was a little cold... :(

• Like 1

This, along with the Twilight micro-series are at the top of all the comics in both series thus far. I might be able to rank them later.

The story, themes and characters are excellent...

• Rarity kept a FANTASTIC attitude about the experience. She was willing to get out of her comfort zone, and she looked VERY hard for things to appreciate, and was very kind. However, after giving it a fair try, she decided she was done, and was comfortable telling them she was done and why.
  • She very well embodied the spirit of generosity, but not in any weird or forced way.
  • Connecting the collapse of the farm to Flim and Flam and Filthy was a nice touch.
  • The hippies were lovable, recognizable and unique.

Some great gags too...

• Rarity's snoring Z's are fancy! Two different fancy Z's!
  • Someone is flirting with Big-Mac...with predictable results
  • Spring loaded suitcase launches Rainbow
  • "...you once slept on a bed without a duvet cover, you can handle this!"
  • Parody posters: "Celestia Superstar", "Joseph and the amazing technicolour Saddle"..."Mane"? is that one too?
  • MAIL DERPY!

Some additional touches...

• Rarity's logo is AMAZING! It looks stylish and mysterious, and incorporates her mane into an 'R'! Wow!
  • The badges look great, and add a lot to the first page
  • More DJ Pon3! Note that on the first page, she looks purple...it seems that in honor of Rarity's colour scheme, they are using purple light in the main gallery.
  • Applejack doesn't know what a bustle is, Rarity doesn't know what a hammer is : )
  • Trixie don't magic tricks at the after party
  • Connection between the bonus story, and the magazine where they find the retreat info
  • The hippies were done well.
  • She brought 3 picture frames: Spike, Grumpy Opal and Applejack. I will let you guys interpret that...as well as the expression on AJ.
  • TARA STRONG!
  • Celestia was there, and bought some of the F&W product, and was enjoying it in a bath at the end. That tub is so neat, I won't bother to point out that it looks wasteful.
  • "...but why didn't they tell me in person?"

I am SOOOOOOO glad that I read this one after issue 6 of the main series.

Mane is a parody of the defining musical of the 70s: Hair.

YES! Thank you so much! That was bugging me. Since two of the posters were for Andrew Lloyd Webber productions, I was stuck thinking about his stuff.

It gave me feels.

I don't know what that means.

What did you think of the backup story?

I am...conflicted regarding Turnip.

In the show, it was annoying that he was depicted so completely over the top country. But it was horrifying that Rarity snubbed him so hard. That was the worst part of the episode.

These two pages make me more conflicted.

I dislike infatuation and "love at first sight". Bettering yourself is generally good, but in this case it was just for his crush, which set him up to be disappointed again. He brought flowers to his next meeting with her, which is weird since it wasn't a mutually set up date. And then Spike lied to him, and he took off without even talking to her. He tossed the flowers and Spike gave Turnip's gift to Rarity?!

And yet, there is amazing depth to this short section, it references at least two other pieces of cannon, and it is easy to relate to Turnip.

I am both intrigued and disappointed, but will probably have a different impression tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

And according to one of the VA's from the show...(Might be a spoiler to some)

The Cutie Mark Crusaders will be getting an issue from the micro-series as well.

And the Pinkie Pie issue..Seriously....This has got to be the cutest ever crossover cover..EVAR! :-o

ponytransformers.jpg

Ofcourse, it's a Con exclusive..

I am...conflicted regarding Turnip.

In the show, it was annoying that he was depicted so completely over the top country. But it was horrifying that Rarity snubbed him so hard. That was the worst part of the episode.

These two pages make me more conflicted.

I dislike infatuation and "love at first sight". Bettering yourself is generally good, but in this case it was just for his crush, which set him up to be disappointed again. He brought flowers to his next meeting with her, which is weird since it wasn't a mutually set up date. And then Spike lied to him, and he took off without even talking to her. He tossed the flowers and Spike gave Turnip's gift to Rarity?!

And yet, there is amazing depth to this short section, it references at least two other pieces of cannon, and it is easy to relate to Turnip.

I am both intrigued and disappointed, but will probably have a different impression tomorrow.

That my dear little rat-thing, are grade A feels... :razz:

• 4 weeks later...