(Ponyville, Everfree Forest) A Night In the Everfree (OOC applied please)

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom was very excited that she had found the perfect hiding spot. Sure, it was about fifty feet up and she had to entertain her wild side some to get up or down. Sure, there were creepy crawlies all over but she was pretty fine with them. In fact, maybe she should cover herself in bugs so...nah, that would be a little too creepy, even for a filly who was at peace with the bug world. However, as she was considering just what to do to pass the time, she was taken from her spot high in the trees by a flying Glimmer who then proceeded to fly towards a mansion.

[colour=#ff0000]"Gahhh, Glimmer! Ah'd found the best hiding spot ever, darnit," [/colour]She protested in a high pitched squeal as they ended their one-way trip of hiding spot destroying ineptitude in front of a mansion. It was old and decrepit for sure, but that was just the start of the questions. Who'd ever build a mansion in the middle of the Everfree? Who had allowed it? What was made out of? How'd they get the tools? Why the Everfree? What about the monsters? Why the Everfree?

[colour=#ff0000]"Wow, Ah wouldn't've ever guessed that there'd be a mansion of all things out'ere! We should get the others, ya know, just so they don't get scared,"[/colour] She gave a hearty laugh, more than prepared to protect herself and...well, she wasn't good at protecting far too many things outside of the simply adorable tree frogs that sometimes seemed to overpopulate all of existence and migrate to Sweet Apple Acres. Just then, Apple Bloom heard Babs yelling for her. Wow, what a pair of vocal cords on that pony! It was so loud it was almost like she was standing right next to Apple Bloom. And yelling. Which had actually happened a fw times after they first met. Luckily things had turned around, and now Apple Bloom was gonna lead her delightful city cousin into a haunted mansion. Truly, the very best of cousin-friends in all the land!

[colour=#ff0000]"BAAAAAAAAABBBBBBS SEEEEEEEEEEED, AH'M RIGHT'ERE!"[/colour] Apple Bloom yelled off into the forest, bouncing up and down as the sugar rush CONTINUED EVERMORE.

• 2 weeks later...

Razor made one last count of the kids...and then noticed he was now shy another one.

He twitched, and then again. His claws dug into the ground as he started to shake, feathers standing on end.

"I..those....ragghhhhh." He growled low.

He looked at Lux, his eyes near red. "You. Shine!" He ordered before picking the colt up and holding him like he would a flash light.

"Oh when I get my claws on those brats!" He started muttering to himself as he stomped into the forest, using Lux for the light source.

------------------------

Glimmer giggled at Appleblooms complaints, and then joined in when she also heard Babs.

"Over here! Come see what we found!" She shouted, hopping up and down in a circle.

"Oh this will be so cool. I want to see inside, lets go inside!" She cheered, sugar powering an unstoppable fluff ball of feathers and trouble.

But unknown to the fillies, three pairs of eyes peeked out at them from the "haunted" mansion, before disappearing.

"Hey now!", the little blue filly's hooves left the ground as she flew directly in front of the griffon. "Brats? Seriously? You think your little sister is a brat?", she folded her two front legs across her chest as she glared at the male. "I'd just like to chalk that up to you being grouchy and a little worried for your sibling. I understand that.", there was a more than hint of adult maturity to her voice, "You just need to calm down for a second, and put the colt down! I'm sure he's more than capable to lend us his light during our search and doesn't need to be carried about like a baby. We do have a dog and oooh! Look! Tracks!", she made her way back to the ground and pointed towards a scattering of hoof-marks on the exposed soil. "Let's just follow these!", she moved back letting Razor take the lead, "Have faith in your sister. She's no dummy. And Apple Bloom is sister to a honest to goodness hero. I have a feeling that apple didn't fall far from the tree."

Before he could protest, Guiding Light was picked up by the talions and ordered to use his light spell.

[colour=#daa520]"Hey," [/colour]Guiding Light said to Razor, [colour=#daa520]"I'm not a tool you know!" [/colour]

Still Guiding light was concerned about the ponies being lost in the forest so with a glow of his horn a beam of light shot out, illuminating a path ahead.

[colour=#daa520]"You know, I can walk on my own. If you put me down, I promise I'll stick by you. Not like I'm going to go on my own here. I already got lost in here once before."[/colour]

207klk0.jpg

After what seemed like forever in this dark, damp, and tree-infested nightmare called the Everfree Forest, Babs Seed heard the cries of both Apple Bloom and Glimmer ring out from the wilderness. Well, at least that buckethead of a griffon would only have one haystack needle to find instead of two, the goldenrod filly cynically thought. [colour=#daa520]“HOLD ON CUZ!”[/colour] she shouted in worried reply;[colour=#daa520] “I’LL BE RIGH ‘DERE!”[/colour] And so the game of Hide-and-Seek transformed into a perilous quest of Mareco Polo; if Babs screwed up now, she might never find her favorite cousin again... or anypony else, for that matter.

Fortunately Glimmer didn’t want to stop shouting, so the little earth pony was able to track her voice down with only some difficulty and a good number of trip-ups. Steadily, the voices got louder and louder until at last, a mud-coated and twig-covered Babs glimpsed some weird shape off in the distance... and the two young girls in front of it! [colour=#daa520]“APPLE BLOOM!”[/colour] Babs didn’t bother hiding her relief as she rushed to Abby and forcefully ruffled the other’s red mane; [colour=#daa520]“Yah’re alright, cuz!”[/colour] It had not yet occurred to Miss Seed that the challenge of finding a way out of the Everrfree still remained.....