Come one, Come all! A Canterlot Circus! (Open to all!)

[colour=#800080]The Wringling Brothers Circus. A travelling circus that made it's way all over Equestria and hosted a wide variety of events and shows. They were famously known for their 'stage performances' which was more or less a show of various talented performers that more or less followed and showcased a story. These perfomances typically contained various Circus Arts like trampolines, Acrobats and the high flying trapeze. The circus was also known for it's lesser events as well which included attractions like carnival games, a bearded 'lady' and other such things. [/colour]

[colour=#800080]This year, when spring was in full swing the Wringling Brothers circus had come to Canterlot. Since room in the city itself was rather limited the entire circus was set up outside of the city. A huge blue and white big-top tent had been pitched in a huge open field and all around it were all sorts of stands, vendors and rides like a small ferris wheel and a magical rollercoaster powered by unicorn magic. It was a wonderful circus and the Wringling Brothers goal was to bring smiles and happiness to as many ponies as they could and to provide a place for outcasts to live.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]The Wringling Brothers often picked up various ponies in their travels and were always expanding their staff. Their most recent acquisition was a Younger Unicorn who had dreamt of being a part of the circus her entire life ever since seeing the Wringling Brothers when she was little. This young Unicorn was just barely a mare and was currently sitting backstage inside the large big-top tent. She was laying back in a soft plush chair while a completely two-toned pony carefully applied makeup to her eyes, she stared at herself quietly in the mirror as he did and sighed a bit.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"You know Two-ta...I hate makeup. Why do I have to wear it?" The male two-toned pony laughed a little bit and set down the eyeliner he'd just been working with using his magic and sat down beside her, "Makeup enhances the performance remember? I know you're a bit of a tomboy but it'll grow on you. It's all about the smiles on the crowds faces remember? We do everything we can to make people happy, and if that means our little tomboy star has to put on a bit of makeup, so be it." He winked a little and gave her a playful bump before standing up and looking her up and down quickly.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Two-ta quickly used his horn to make a few adjustments to the young unicorns full-body leotard which covered everything except her mane, tail, head and hooves. The female unicorn, Daydream by name sighed a little bit and said, "You make a good point. We've got a few hours to kill before the show starts right? Maybe I'll go poke around the circus itself before the show starts and I've to leave my mane and tail in your hands." [/colour]

[colour=#800080]Two-ta quickly nodded and set down his supplies, "Just don't be late for curtain, Wringley wouldn't be too impressed. After all this is your first star role. Don't let him down." He waved a hoof and then headed off to help a few other ponies with their costumes leaving Daydream to her own devices. She sighed a little bit and looked in the mirror, he'd only applied eyeliner to one of her eyes giving her a bit of an odd appearance but she didn't care too much and climbed from her seat and walked out of the tent's back entrance and out into the warm spring day.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]The smell of apple flavoured cotton candy and deep fried food was in the air. Daydream was a light blue unicorn in in a white leotard, accented by light pink designs. She was tall and slender with a messy, tangled mane and tail of light purple and soft pink streaks. Her bright pink eyes glanced across the circus in full-swing and after a few quick moments she decided a bite to eat wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing and so she headed off through the maze of vendors, glancing up at Canterlot castle as she did so.[/colour]

[colour=#808080]And so the circus was in full swing, what sort of ponies would meet? Would the show go well? Only time would tell. [/colour]

[colour=#808080]Welcome Everypony, to A Canterlot Circus! Act 1![/colour]

hyicbXI.png

Care Package couldn't believe he was in Canterlot. The young stallion was still a fresh pony when it came to delivering mail. But he still loved his job. He had only delivered letters to Cloudsdale and Ponyville. But now he could add Canterlot to that list! The energetic stallion was full of excitement. A few Canterlot ponies stared at him as he flew lazily along the streets. He should been trotting on the ground. It seemed proper in the city. But he didn't know that. Besides, he loved to fly.

Care had actually delivered all his mail earlier today. Now he was just wasting..well not wasting, spending his time exploring Canterlot. He pretty much bumped into everypony and got disgusted looks from all the high class ponies. He had no idea they were mad at him though.

Care noticed one thing about the city. There was a circus in the city! Care had never been to a circus before..so he figured he would check it out. Care decided to check around every where for the circus. He contemplated asking a few ponies where the circus was but he figured he could find it on his own.

Just as Care was lazily listing along a certain smell hit his nose. He took a deep breath and let the smell fill his nostrils. He let out a satisfied ahh as he closed his eyes and took a big sniff again. The smell was incredible. He smelled...apples? Deep fried somethings...he just loved the smell though. Smelled nothing like the food in Canterlot.

Just as Care opened his eyes he managed to head face first into a large stallion. The stallion didn't budge. He just moved away from Care and gave him a disgusted look and then let out a Hmph! And then trotted off.

Care picked himself up and started to apologize but the stallion was gone. And just in that moment Care found it. The large tent and food vendors and ponies every where. Yup. Care had found the circus! Care made his way towards the food vendors. He was amazed by everything. He saw a sign.

[colour=#800000]"Wingling brothers circus? Hmm..Never heard of them before."[/colour]

Care put a hoof to his chin and tried to think. The teal stallion couldn't think of any Wingling brother. And his mind was lost again. Which led Care to find a mare. The mare was a light blue unicorn with a rather messy mane and she was wearing a white leotard. Not something Care would wear but hey..he didn't judge anypony.

Care decided to approach the mare. He flapped his wings a bit and landed next to her.

[colour=#800000]"Um..excuse me miss?"[/colour] He smiled at her. "[colour=#800000]Are you here for the Wingling Brothers Circus as well?" [/colour]He gave her a very happy facial expression. He figured he would need a ticket to the circus soon if he planned to attend it.

[colour=#800080]Daydream had been trotting along between the many vendors and made sure to purchase herself a big chunk of apple cotton candy. It was one of the Wingling brothers circus and had been a trade secret for a long time. She used a bit of her magic to hover it in the air next to her and occasionally took a small nibble from the ball of brown fluff. She chewed it with a bright and happy expression on her face and made sure not to pick it up with her hooves for fear of wrecking them for Two-ta to paint for the show shortly.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]As she was walking a pegasus landed next to her and adressed her. She turned to him and smiled brightly as she swallowed another piece of cotton candy and shook her head quickly. Her bright pink eyes glanced over his form and she giggled a little bit and looked down at herself, "Well...seeing as I'm dressed in a fancy leotard and partially made up I would assume I'm likely part of the circus, or just a really weird pony." She winked and giggled a little bit and extended a hoof which had fluffy white fur around the top of it.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I'm part of the troupe. Name's Daydream. Need any help finding anything?" She asked curiously as she blew a few strands out of her face. She felt a bit silly now with only one of her eyes ringed in eyeliner. Meeting ponies she'd never met before kind of made her a bit self conscious, she spent so much time showing off beautiful movements and using her magical abilities that she often never took the time to take care of herself or appreciate her own beauty. It was the life she led but she wouldn't have it any other way.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]The soft sound of carnival music rose up all around them and she had to wonder if this pegasus was from Canterlot or not. She'd met some pretty stuck up ponies so far but he seemed genuinely friendly and down to earth which was something she enjoyed in other ponies. After all, she was like that herself. She didn't mix well with the higher class ponies and tended to refuse whenever her troupe went into bigger cities and invited her to tag along. She shuffled her hooves silently and waited patiently for the Pegasus to respond.[/colour]

[colour=#808080](For any interested in jumping in, don't hesitate to make your own circus pony!)[/colour]

A slim but lean black stallion walked through the vendors and stations, he was a circus member, but not your normal one. His name was Darkness Eclipsed and he controlled the lighting overhead, it wasn't a hard job and allowed him to avoid spotlight time. He was a super shy and nervous pony, and could never talk to mares well, so this job suited him well.

hyicbXI.png

"Well...seeing as I'm dressed in a fancy leotard and partially made up I would assume I'm likely part of the circus, or just a really weird pony."

"I'm part of the troupe. Name's Daydream. Need any help finding anything?"

Care didn't know why he didn't think of that before! She obviously was a circus pony. He felt a bit stupid for not realizing this but then again he had never been to a circus before so he had no idea how a pony was supposed to look when dressed for a circus.

Care lifted up a bit and grabbed her hoof. He proceeded to flap his wings and he lifted off the ground. He hovered in the air and shook her hoof.

[colour=#8b4513]"I'm Care Package! Equestria's best mailpony! Nice to meet you!"[/colour] He smiled at her and then let go of her hoof.

"[colour=#8b4513]Oh wow! You're part of the troupe! I don't know what that is but I'm sure it has something to do with the circus! It must be awesome being a circus performer. But honestly this will be my first circus to see. So.." [/colour]He let out a small nervous chuckle. [colour=#8b4513]"As for finding things...I think I'm alright." [/colour]He laughed a bit. [colour=#8b4513]"Thank you though."[/colour]

He then realized that the mare had eyeliner on only one of her eyes. Was this a trend now? Only on one eye..? He knew that some mares dolled themselves up and tried to look their best but..

Oh Care didn't know. He didn't wear makeup and all so he had no idea. Maybe it was circus pony thing. But the mare did seem like she was very nice. Not stuck up like most Canterlot ponies. But he only just met her so he had no idea what to think clearly about her.

As he waited to hear her reply he turned his head and saw a tall and slender black stallion. He looked older than him so Care decided not to mess with him. He didn't want any trouble.

[colour=#800080]Daydream couldn't help but giggle a little at Care's expense. His attitude was cute to say the least. She smiled lightly and shook his hoof while simultaneously taking a bit of her apple cotton candy which she kept hovering around her head and then swallowed it as she considered his name and title. A mail pony named Care Package, it was neat to say the least. She nodded and said, "Well it's surely a pleasure to meet Equestria's Best Mailpony. It's nice knowing my mail is in good hooves." She winked and smiled softly.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]She blew a few strands out of her face and glanced back towards the big tent, "Yup, I happen to be the main star of this seasons show. A troupe is the group of ponies who work together to create a show that makes everypony smile." She looked up to the sky in thought and couldn't help but be happy at her words that followed, "It's more than awesome. To be in front of a crowd and be putting smiles on their faces, to see the joy in young foals, fillies and colts eyes. It truly is a wonderful thing. Are you going to see the show?" She asked as she turned her eyes to him.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]It wasn't too hard to navigate the circus so she had faith he would be fine finding his way around if she left him afterwards. She noticed he was looking at her funny for a moment and her cheeks flushed as pink as the lines in her hair in the process, "Hehe...my eye right? Two-ta hasn't finished doing my makeup for the show yet. I usually don't wear any any other time..." She asked with a giggle. She glanced to the side slowly as he did though and he reyes fell upon the dark stallion. She knew who he was, they'd never met but she was familiar with all of the tech crew that worked with the circus, she raised a hoof and waved at him gently. He'd be working her spotlight later so why not be friendly?[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Making a quick decision Daydream glanced towards the nearby cotton candy vendor and said, "Tried any of the food yet? It's all horrible for you but it all tastes so good. I've a bit of a sweet tooth myself, I always make a note to eat at least one bundle of Apple Cotton Candy each time the circus sets up in a new city." Daydream was always surprised she hadn't rotted her teeth out, sugar did that to a pony after all, even if she could magically clean her teeth.[/colour]

Darkness gave a weak wave and smile back and looked away a bit. To be honest he was horrid at talking with mares, even his somewhat coworkers, especially since he could be somewhat intimidate looking. Actually he was a sweet, kind, and shy pony, also a lonely one, not having many friends. He was actually a younger Stallion believe it or not, despite his size he might only be a year older then Care

Wingheart Beauty was a pink-coated pegasus mare with a blonde mane. She struggled through the crowds, as they were so massive! [colour=#ff99cc]"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me! I need to see the circus, excuse me! Oh, my! Yiiie! :eek:" [/colour][colour=#000000]Finally, she was out of that crowd! As she runs around, her necklace swings side to side and the beads with the diamonds clack together. She mumbles to herself, [/colour][colour=#FF99CC]"Who in their right mind thought it was a splendid idea to make a big crowd around a circus, anyway? Such crazy ponies in a time like this! *groan* :twisted:"[/colour]

hyicbXI.png

Well it's surely a pleasure to meet Equestria's Best Mailpony. It's nice knowing my mail is in good hooves."

"Yup, I happen to be the main star of this seasons show. A troupe is the group of ponies who work together to create a show that makes everypony smile."

"It's more than awesome. To be in front of a crowd and be putting smiles on their faces, to see the joy in young foals, fillies and colts eyes. It truly is a wonderful thing. Are you going to see the show?

Care smiled the whole time the mare was talking. He loved that he was able to meet her. The star performer of the circus! And he was here chatting with her! Care flapped his wings and flew off of the ground again.

[colour=#800000]"Wow! That's amazing![/colour]" He smiled at her again. She went on to talk about how he should try the food. He actually didn't know what she was talking about. He was still amazed by the mare. Even though she had a rather unruly mane she was actually quite beautiful. Care didn't want to get distracted by his feelings now.

[colour=#800000]"Oh..I'm not that hungry really."[/colour] He laughed a bit. "[colour=#800000]But thanks. I probably will eat something later."[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]([/colour][colour=#800000]"But thanks. I probably will eat something later."[/colour][colour=#0000ff])[/colour]

Wait a minute! Wingheart knows that voice from some time ago! [colour=#ff99cc]"Hey! Are you Care Package? Yeah, that could be you! Hey, do you remember me???"[/colour][colour=#000000], she shouted. She runs to his direction and then starts to fly a few feet of[/colour][colour=#000000]f the ground. [/colour][colour=#ff99cc]"[/colour][colour=#FF99CC]Hello, Care! It's so nice to see you, how is everything going??[/colour][colour=#FF99CC] [/colour] :)[colour=#FF99CC]"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Daydream stretched a little bit in her Leotard and then blushed brightly at his comment. She shrugged a tad and kind of ground her hoof into the ground softly in embarassment. It wasn't really all that amazing was it? But then again, she'd been doing it for a few years now so it seemed like no big deal to her now. But she guessed to others, her being the star of the circus was kind of a big deal. She giggled a bit at the way Care fluttered his wings, "Suit yourself though. The food is quite good, promise!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]She offered a short smile and nodded quickly before taking another big bite out of her apple candy floss just as the other mare approach. She tilted her head a little bit and grinned slightly, apparently the mail pony in front of her was a bit more well known than he let on as well, "Hehe, more famous than you admit?" She asked curiously as she offered a nod to the mare who had approached the two of them. She seemed interesting to say the least, Daydream had always had a fondness for ponies with blonde manes, she didn't know why. Perhaps it was just that her favorite colour was yellow.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]She took a step to the side as the two spoke and she couldn't help but smile a bit. The newcomer seemed to be a rather excitable pony to say the least but who was she to judge? She worked in a circus after all. But that was both her dream and her talent. She eyed the two curiously though in the process, arching a brow above her unlined eye. Apparently though the two had met before, that kind of downplayed her little joking question before. Oh well, you couldn't win them all right?[/colour]

Darkness looked Daydream and sighed and looked back to the stand of flowers and decided to just walk away, after all he was just the tech stallion. He always liked Daydream, a mare with great aspiration and goals and a lot of talent and heart, but she liked that other stallion she was with, it was clear as say.

Sun Flare(profile pic) looked around,[colour=#ff8c00] "Wow[/colour]," Moon Shine(a small filly, black pony with purple and blue mane, and purple eyes) by his side she said, "[colour=#4b0082]Brother I want to see the clowns!"[/colour] Sun looked at his little sister, [colour=#000080]"Of course my beautiful sister[/colour]" he smiles

[colour=#4b0082]"Stop it brother, your embarrassing me..."[/colour] Sun laughed, [colour=#ff8c00]"I'm just show sibling love, ha ha ha.[/colour]" he looked around once more, everything looked amazing, though he wanted to practice his dangerous stunts for the extreme racing race that is coming soon, he wanted to spend time with his sister. [colour=#ff8c00]"Now let's find them clowns,"[/colour] he smiles,[colour=#4b0082]"Yay![/colour]" Moon cheered.

Wingheart was flying higher and higher, then she looks down at a stallion and a filly that she have never seen before. [colour=#ff99cc]"Never met them. Ah, well! Won't hurt to try getting to know them. Now I just need to look for a place to land without getting hit by the crowd." [/colour][colour=#000000]She slowly and carefully brings herself down, turns around and lands on the ground at least 6-7 feet away from the stallion and filly.[/colour]

Moon ran off to explore,"[colour=#ff8c00]Moon get back here![/colour]" and then moon bumped into the Wingheart. Moon looks up,"[colour=#4b0082]I'm sorry..[/colour]." Sun runs and takes a second to breath, he is not use to running, he would rather fly, "[colour=#ff8c00]Sorry about my sister...[/colour]"