Ooh!! This RP sounds awesome!! :D

But...But...Are you sure? :!:

Oh I'm sure we have room for one more ;)

I'm glad people are interested in this! If I get more people to want to do this I may start two threads you know :D But you're in Silver! Who will you be playing as so I can add them to the list.

Also Grey, the RP is going to start off with the narrator and the kids. Then after a bit (and I mean after one long narrator and kids post) I will post as Daring and the RP will take off.

A few questions, first:

• Where is the story being told? In a library? In a classroom? In a nursing home? Also, are we in Ponyville, or elsewhere?
  • Have we got any kiddies yet? I may have missed something, but I don't think anyone's signed up to be a kid character yet - we just have a bunch of adventurers.
  • On that note, we don't need a plethora of children, and I actually think two would be a good number. They could feed off of each other's antics, but it wouldn't get chaotic or anything. Maybe it could simply be storytime with Granddad, where the foals are brother and sister.
  • It would probably be good work out a basic storyline before we delve right into it. What is Daring Do searching for specifically? To fit the genre, it's probably some valuable ancient relic, rather than just a grey, nondescript 'treasure'
  • Where is she treasure hunting? Are we going with the jungle, or should we try a different sort of location. Maybe she's in the arctic, outside the crystal empire. Or maybe she winds up in the mines of the diamond dogs. Unyasi, the painted pinto desert, or, since this is in FFA, we could even go to Saddle Arabia.

Having these details fleshed out a bit would Quilly and I immensely in working on an idea for a protagonist, and it would also give me an idea of how to play a kid character, and which kid character to play since we may not see our protagonist for a while.

You said Saddle Arabia and it peaked my interests.

Story takes place in Saddle Arabia and Daring and her OC compainions will hunt for a temple. Inside this temple is a golden statue(Just being bland here-work with me). If you wanted you could tie your antagonist in that way.

Now the kids. I had this idea of having it in a library. Being told by a random narrator whom I shall play and have the kids there. It is described in my head as being like a weekly meeting for the kids so they are used to it.

If you want you could play an OC that has a kid and drop them off. But it doesn't matter. And kid, canon or OC, will be fine.

Yes it will be in Ponyville. And I am the only one currently signed up to play a kid role.

Comments about the plot? It can be worked on but i just figured set a location and artifact and run with it

And Jane, I know you want to go to the Diamond Dog camps ;) haha jk. But maybe..in the future a new storybook will be out where a diamond dog camp is in it. :)

One day, Diamond Dogs will catch on, I swear it.

Alright, since it's in Ponyville I'm going to play Piña Colada :) . We'll see how this goes. :P

You need to app that little pony.

I shall change the first post so it shows the storyline.

Now I shall create a catchy name for the title of the RP. ;) or at least think of one.

You need to app that little pony.

She's on my list. Already spoken to Pinchy and Berry Punch's players about it, just need to weed through the rest of my ideas first. :P

Oh, Jane's the antagonist?

So how is this going to be? Like an actual antagonist that tries to stop Daring Do from adventuring again or like a rival? Racing to the finish, first one to the treasure is the best adventurepony?

Or shall we cross that bridge when we come to it?

And for my character, I will be using my favorite foal, Dawn Sunrise. For one of the kids that interrupt the story. :D

Would you like me to link her app or do you want to check out my totally all new CharacterLog!!! :D

EDIT

OR, if Jane's going to be a real antagonist, maybe I could be Daring and friends' rival!! :D

I know this still sort of counts as antagonism but I thought it was a cool idea.

Sabotage...Activating traps that I let Daring and friends deal with, stealing the treasure from right under their noses, failing to escape with the treasure, saved by protagonist as the temple starts to crumble, steal the treasure again, profit etc.

Sort of joking, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

I'm fine with whatever you want to do! I never had the thought about having a rival for Daring so if you wanted to do that you could :)

But I'm assuming that Jane is going to be the antagonist (Correct Jane?)

And I will put you down for a kid role! :D

Alright, preliminary outline for the Antagonist and her plot, for those of you who want to/need to know where the story is going. Under a spoiler tag in case some of you don't want to know.

Naelah is a priestess of the temple of Jinasaaf, and the guardian of the amulet of Lahi, an ancient sorcerer who, when he was in his prime, could channel the power of the gods. Naelah herself is a magician who is well-practiced in the magic of Jinasaaf, yet she hungers for more power. The very amulet that it is her role to guard is believed by her cult to contain the spirit of Lahi. If she can posses his spirit, then she believes that she, too, will be able to channel the power of the gods, making her the most powerful horse in Saddle Arabia, and quite possibly the entire world.

But one of Naelah's predecessors sealed the amulet inside a statue of Jinnal, one of the main gods worshipped by followers of the cult Jinasaaf. She offers her worship and sacrifices to the idol of Jinnal begrudingly on a daily basis. See, for her to steal and break the statue in order to obtain the amulet would mean she would be defiling the image of Jinnal - a crime that would curse the perpetrator for life or, most likely, cause the criminal to be struck down.

Naelah would need an outsider to steal the statue and break it in order to free the amulet trapped inside - one of the many fools who doubts the power of the gods of Jinasaaf. Of course, she cannot let on that this is her plan - she is the guardian of the amulet and her role is to protect it from those who wish to use its power for evil. Her followers would throw her out of the community if they ever found out what her plan was - the only one who truly knows what she hopes to do is X.

Where X is a character played by either Quilly or SilverWisp, as both have expressed interest in playing an antagonist's role. X is a loyal follower of Naelah, and their role will be to figure out how to convince Daring Do to come to Saddle Arabia in order to seek the Golden Idol of Jinnal. X may do this by joining Daring's entourage, or by another means - I'll leave that up to whoever plays this role to decide for sure.

In the end, Naelah will discover that the amulet hidden within the idol actually did not contain the spirit of Lahi, and she will be devastated because her plan has failed. She will also be kicked out of Jinasaaf as her true intentions have been brought to light. Oh, and Daring Do will have found a pretty cool relic to take back to Equestria with her.

More or less.

EDIT: Just in case this wasn't clear, Naelah will appear to be working against Daring Do in order to ensure the loyalty of her followers, whereas all the while her own plans actually depend on Daring Do's success.

If anyone has any objections or suggestions, let me know - but let's keep our discussion inside spoiler tags just in case there are people here who don't want to know where the adventure is headed.

Sounds good to me :)

So are we wanting to start with X character trying to convince Daring to go? Or the story starts off with them arriving in Saddle Arabia and searching for the statue and X is already with Daring and friends.

That's up to X's player, and will depend on how X's player chooses to address that aspect of the story. Naelah probably won't come in for a while, as you mentioned, and much of the adventure will revolve around the travellers trying to find the temple I think.

Also, SilverWisp could totally still play a rival for Daring Do. Would feed into the adventure more prior to them arriving at the temple.

As much fun as being X would be, I guess I'll hand this job over to Quilly and I'll just be a rival for Daring. If that's ok, I mean. If I'm allowed to be a rival, I'll use my Pegasus, Silver Wisp.

And this RP does need kid characters, after all. And the only little pony here for story time so far is my OC, Dawn.

Oh, Derpyy! If we don't get enough kid characters before this hits off, would other people in this RP be able to play a child as well as an adventurer? This was actually what I was trying to say earlier. I think we need at least three or four kids, but I'll let call the shots on how you want it.

And they're searching for a temple?

So what, they just go out into the desert digging through miles of sand to find a temple?

How about the temple is within a labyrinth? That way there's more things that could happen. The group could even be seperated and stuff like that. But I think the narrator (That means you Derpyy) should decide when this should happen and who winds up with who if they do get split. Like two ponies who hate each other now have to work together.

And other things like that, such as giving characters cues to enter the story. Like: "But as Daring and her crew approached the temple, they were confronted by ---!!"

I don't know, it was just a few ideas I had. It could either go really well or really bad. You decide.

And I guess my idea for the labyrinth would be silly if the temple was a maze. :P

Just throwing my 12 bits in the hat. :)

EDIT

Woah my gosh!! Any one else notice the Canterlot banner thingy has Daring Do on it!? I just thought that was totally cool the we're doing an RP with Daring also. It's just...

Nevermind :lol:

I think a few of us are playing two characters, SilverWisp, so yeah, two characters is fine. :) You can play a rival for daring, and a kid. I'll be playing a filly for storytime as well. :)

Okay! I like your idea Silver. As for the kids I was going to play like three. Jane is Pina and you can play one. For the kids I think that is good.

Yes they are hunting for a temple. Once Quilly gives us his character info we will start. Also Silver the temple I had in mind is basically a pyramid but there will be traps and mazes in said pyramid! :) The splitting up thing sounds good and will most likely happen ;)

We are so close to starting!

Also, Derpyy, I was just thinking. As this will be in Ponyville Library, could I/should I have Twilight Sparkle make an appearance or two? Probably as a Unicorn, though, and not as a Princess (this can take place prior to the season 3 finale). She won't be a heavy feature or anything. Also, someone else could potentially play Spike.

If we want Twilight to be the narrator, then we'll let Derpyy play her as this thread is his brainchild. ;)

Also, that would absolutely make sense for a thread title!

THIS is what OOC Discussion and planning threads are meant to look like! Yay team!

I like the idea of Twilight being the narrator :)

I decree Twilight shall be narrator! Haha Also I have an idea for the title of the thread so don't you guys worry about that :D

And Quillhart. His character will probably end up being pretty important, so we'd best wait for him to work something out. :) And yeah, a roll call before we get started would probably be good. ;)

Ok! I'm going to start the thread soon :)

For Quill I will give him some time but soon I will start the thread soon. So Roll call! :D