Papercut [Ready]

ivi

papercutbg_zps2ce36704.png

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria.

Name: Papercut.

Sex: Female.

Species: Unicorn.

Eye colour: Green. Her magic is a light shade of the same colour.

Coat: Off white, like fresh blank parchment.

Mane/Tail: Light golden brown. Usually wears a headband to keep her mane back, and lets her long tail be loose.

Physique: On the tall side with a trim figure. Has excellent posture and, due to this, might trot with a floating or prancing sort of gait.

Residence: A small, very organized apartment in Canterlot. She has a large pet snake that lives there with her, though, to the horror of her neighbors he sometimes manages to escape.

Occupation: Student and Experimental Psychologist. She designs and performs experiments on for ponies.

Cutie Mark: A black lowercase Psi, the Greek letter used as a symbol for psychology. She earned her cutie mark at an older age, when her status as a blankflank was truly beginning to bother her. Papercut had so many interests that she dreaded thinking about the future, because she was so unsure of what she wanted to do, who she wanted to be. It was when she was living in Baltimare that she finally discovered her true talent, while briefly attending a private academy for unicorns. She and the other students were assigned a research project that determined whether they passed or failed. Papercut was terrified by one simple detail, that there was no specific topic, no direction as to what she needed to research. The pressure was sickening. All the possibilities were overwhelming, she couldn't decide, and she nearly quit out of the fear that she might fail. But a professor at the school gave her a new book to help inspire her, and she quickly fell in love with the subject: psychology. She intuitively made connections in the field, adored studying how the mind worked, and earned a perfect score on her project. For the first time, she was sure of what she was meant to do, and that's when the special symbol appeared on her flank.

History: When she was a filly, Papercut moved around quite a lot, living in a total of 13 homes before she even got her cutie mark. Her mother was a biologist who studied a variety of creatures all across Equestria, while her father was largely absent, working as an ambassador in other countries. The constant relocation was difficult - Papercut had trouble making friends, largely because she knew that in a matter of months she would have to tell them goodbye. Instead, the introverted filly turned to books, reading both for entertainment and knowledge. She was fascinated by how much information could be hiding in the pages. As time went on, her love for books grew, as did her skills with magic. Papercut became so talented at such a young age that she was invited to attend Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot. Unfortunately, her parents rejected the invitation, insisting that she stay close to her mother where she was safe as opposed to leaving for the capital by herself. This was devastating for Papercut, and she began to resent her parents, to hate relocating all the time, to wish she were one of the students in Canterlot who could do nothing but study all day if it pleased them. And while she understood and appreciated her parents’ desire to keep her safe, as soon as she was old enough, Papercut left home to further her studies at the school in Canterlot. There, she excelled. Her natural talent for psychology blossomed as she eagerly learned as much as she possibly could. The city is still new to her, and she is far from quenching her thirst for knowledge, but Papercut finally feels right at home.

Character Summary: Papercut is a unicorn with an iron will and a calculating mind. If she decides to do something, she does, often with great success as there are few things that don't come naturally to her. She values intelligence and knowledge, with a rich inner life of her own that often seems abstract, complex, or unusual to others. An expert on body language with a sharp tongue, she is incredibly persuasive when she wants to be, and often knows exactly what someone else wants.. Whether or not to give it to them is a different story; she's generous and enjoys making others happy, but won't compromise her own position to do it. And, though logic dictates the majority of her decisions, Papercut can't deny that she has a very strong intuition that gives her even more of an edge. It's rare for this combination of rationality and instinct to completely fail her. If it does, however, she is surprisingly open minded and willing to accept critique or the right answer when it presents itself. Her constant eagerness to improve overrides any personal sensitives, making it easy for her to separate her emotions from the task in order to do what needs done with ruthless precision and dedication.

Because she's so bright and intuitive, Papercut has a tendency to believe that she's always right. She may be too quick to dismiss the opinions of others once her mind is made up. Also, at times she can be a little narcissistic and overly confident. But these faults are things she's aware of, so she does actively try to avoid them. One 'flaw' that she's much less sure of how to handle is her highly logical - sometimes too logical - way of looking at things. She generally doesn't realize that she's done something insensitive until afterwards, when it's too late. Papercut is slow to become upset at all and may not even understand why somepony else is emotional, or worse, she might ignore their feelings completely. She often doesn't want to deal with them at all. Facts are facts, commitments are commitments, and emotions have no reason to interfere. She puts 100% of herself into whatever she does, and has similar expectations of others, which can cause her frustration as well.

Papercut's greatest fear is to fail at anything she has put a genuine effort into. She's easily startled, and hates loud, sudden noises, such as fireworks. Also, she tends to hold back a part of herself for fear of being judged by the few whose opinions really matter to her.

All things considered, Papercut is an intelligent, motivated, and creative pony with a rational viewpoint of the world. When she's in the right mood she can be really fun to hang out with, considering her quick wit, ability to tell what others need, and willingness to try almost anything. Her social faults can make her seem cold and aloof at first, but if you manage to get close to her she is an invaluable friend. Papercut never breaks her promises, abandons someone who needs her, or deviates from what she knows is right. The most true and important things in life are worth defending, no matter what.

• Like 2

Hello. Your friendly neighborhood Helpstaffer here.

Before I review your character application, I want to show you this link: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/12309-raritys-simply-fabulous-application-form-read-this-before-posting-an-application/

This is the new way that applications are being structured in order to make things easier for others to read so they can get to know about your character. I would encourage you to please adjust your application accordingly by placing your character's personality, motivations, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes into the Character Summary area.

In addition, you should expand how Psi got her cutie mark in the Cutie Mark area and expand the History area such as why she moved around so much, who her parents are, how she chose Canterlot as the place where she ultimately settled down in, etc. The more we know about her, the better we can RP with that character.

Please let me know here if you have any questions or when you have finished your application.

Thanks!

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to review my application.

I have already read through that thread, of course, but did not see anything prohibiting expansions on the form.. Perhaps I missed that, and if so, please point it out to me! ;3 But if the goal is to have the application easy to read, I think it would be much better to keep information such as Strengths, Weaknessess, Fears, etc. seperate instead of lumping it all into one category. I don't want to prompt a 'tl;dr' sort of reaction from people. But if I must change it to be consistent with your standard, I certainly will. Just let me know.

As for the expansions on Cutie Mark and History, I understand what you mean, and I've made the changes. Please let me know if they are adequete.

The changes look good. As for the format, actually it is easier to have things combined. Then it looks like a coherent description of your character rather than a list. That's why the format was changed, to make things consistent with not so many categories that needed to be filled.