Oak Splitter [Ready]

Roleplay Type: WoE

Name: Oak Splitter

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Emerald Green

Coat: Deep Burgundy red with gold fetlocks, He also wears a blue bandanna round his neck.

Mane/Tail: Black with gold streaks, long and straight

Physique: A stocky build, with strong muscles.

Residence: Baltimare

Cutie Mark: An oak tree with the trunk split up the middle. Oak Splitter gained his Cutie Mark while helping his father to fell trees in Whitetail woods as a young colt. Earlier in the day he had been in a fight with one of his friends over some trivial thing that even he doesn't remember anymore. However Oak was really frustrated and wasn't concentrating on his work properly. His father noticed this and told him to go for a walk and clear his head before he hurt himself. Oak agreed but even as he walked through the trees he couldn't get over this frustration. Seeing a nearby tree he decided the only thing he could do was take out his anger. He charged the tree and bucked it as hard as he could. However, the tree had been struck by lightning the previous week and was weakened. To Oak Splitter's surprise the trunk splintered in half and fell to the ground. His father came running to see what had happened, and was surprise to see what Oak had accomplished. The tree he had felled was a very thick and old tree, one which would usually be impossible to fell without proper tools. Oak Splitter himself was shocked to see it, but overjoyed at how he had gotten his cutie mark for this feat of power. His father then said it was time for him to be trained in the family business, as that was where his talents belonged.

History: Oak Splitter has lived in Baltimare his whole life. His father, an Earth pony named Wood Chip worked in the nearby Whitetail Woods, felling trees before selling them on as lumber or carving them into furniture to sell, just like his ancestors before him. His mother, a pegasus named Laureate Prose was a teacher of literature at one Baltimare's top universities. Splitter also has a younger sister, Poppy Seed, who runs a florists stand in Baltimare. Oak Splitter lived a pretty standard life, but he always enjoyed himself. He did okay in school, but he spent most of his time out in the woods helping his father. He was never interested in becoming a lumberjack at the time, he just enjoyed spending time with his father. Wood Chip decided to teach Oak Splitter how to ply his trade, but only so he could be safe while he worked. However, once Oak Splitter got his cutie mark, Wood Chip knew that he was meant to carry on the family business. Oak Splitter went to become his father's apprentice, helping to fell trees with ease thanks to his strong legs, as well as learning how to handle the tools necessary for chopping wood for lumber and carving wood. Oak Splitter went on to take over the business after his father grew too old and eventually passed on. Oak Splitter now lives in a new house he built on the outskirts of town with his workshop for working.

Character Summary: Oak Splitter's obvious talent is his strength. He is able to kick out with hind-legs trees many trees clean over, only requiring tools for the biggest of trees, as well as being able to drag multiple trees back to his workshops. However his other talents are less clear. Oak Splitter learnt a technique from his father where he is able to tell what kind of wood the tree he is felling should be used for, whether to be cut up for lumber, or to be used for carving. He is also well versed in all the tools used in the carpentry trade.

When not working, Oak Splitter likes to spend his time relaxing. Because of his work he doesn't need to much to keep fit, though he does go running every so often. Thanks to his mother's job he has developed a strong interest in literature, and spends a lot of time reading. This means he often takes trips into town to peruse local bookstores and libraries. He's also a fan of music, and has an extensive record collection in his house.

Generally, Oak Splitter is a very laidback and easygoing stallion. Due to his simple upbringing he is very content with what he has in life, though he does have an aspiration to learn piano someday when he has time. Around other's he's very friendly and has a good sense of humor. He tends to be the peacemaker when fights happen between his friends, and his time reading has taught him a lot of things, making him smarter than he first appears. However Oak Splitter isn't perfect. He can be stubborn when making his point and isn't afraid to tell people when he thinks differently from them. Also, he is somewhat of a perfectionist in his work, meaning he can obsess over tiny details in his carvings. He also has a fear of drowning, and while being able to swim, doesn't do it too much.

PS: My Profile pic is the same guy if you guys wanted a pic

Hiya OakSplitter! :)

I'm not a role play helper or anything, but I'm rather interested in giving you a hoof with this application. The excellent thing is, you don't really need it. ;) The only teensy-weensy thing I would change would be to give his sister a different name, as 'Lotus Blossom' is already the name of one of the spa ponies in the show.

Other than that, this is an excellent application, and in my unprofessional opinion it shouldn't take too much more editing for a role play help staffer to pass this along. :) Great work and I can't wait to see you around in the RP. ;)

• Like 1

Hey OakSplitter! I'm sure you're eager to jump into the roleplay on this site - I sure remember how eager I was when I signed up! Just keep in mind that the staff team looking after applications is a volunteer team with lives outside the site and they're doing their best to move things as quickly as possible. There has also been a huge influx of applicants lately, so please be patient while the roleplay help staffers do their job! You can always post in the Free for All section while you wait as well. c:

You have a nice app here, by the way. Good luck!

I like your app :) . Your character has a very show ready feel to him. He works with nature, something very important to earth ponies. Your writing feels polished as well!

As an editor and critique, there are a couple of missing pieces of punctuation, florist's vs florists, for instance, and I'd love to hear a little more about your relationship with your sister <3

Hey there OakSplitter!

You have an interesting character here! It's a bit short, but nothing is missing, so I see no issues!

Fantastic work!

Please be patient while a SRPHS reviews this app. If there are any issues either myself or the SRPHS will let you know!