Daring Do and the Quest for the Golden Statue (Closed)

Derpyy

Xukar re-situated his cloak, giving a small grunt in defense of his dignity. He dance/steps around the snakes. The last one takes a strike at him, and the zebra callously stomps its head into the sand.

Xukar follows Daring and the others, brushing his hoof in the sand as he does. He looks up at the temple, and nods in response to Sparkle, "If my knowledge doesn't fail me, yes. I have seen some structures like it before in my homeland, though they are slightly different in their aesthetics."

Intrigued by the Zebra's exposition, Sparkle slowed his pace to match that of his.

"You've seen these before? Do you have any Idea what we can expect when we get there?"

He took the discourse as a chance to stretch his aching muscles.

"I mean, somewhere like that is bound to have traps, but is there anything else we should be wary of?"

star looks around the tower and sees these tripwires everywhere around the tower, even in the air! he decided to warn everyone by yelling, "watch out, theres tripwires ahead be carefull!" he thin grabs out his multi-tool and hands it to daring so she can deactivate the traps, he also gave her a sack of special rocks to deactivate them too.

Daring stopped and took the tool. She looked down at it and studied it. She had heard everything Xukar and Sparkle had said and she realized Xukar was right. This structure did look kind of familiar but she swore she had never seen anything like it.

So Daring went to work disarming the trip wires. She didn't want any of her friends to get hurt after all. Once she got done she put the tool away. She nodded to Star. "Path should be clear now. Let's get to that temple." She then made her way through the disengaged traps. As she moved along she saw that they were very close to the temple.

"Xukar. You'll have to take me to some of those temples in your homeland sometime. Last time I was there we didn't go to any of them." She then snickered a bit. "You holding out on me?" She raised an eyebrow and then laughed and went back to moving through the desert.

Indigo Had followed Quietly, He stumbled and slid on the sandy dunes and felt exhaustion, as well as Dehydration overtaking him. He was greatfull when he was offered water. He floated the Canteen over with his magic and drank from it. He gave the canteen back and had proceeded. He watched Daring Disarm the traps and they had gone on. He had let his mind go numb and let his hooves Carry him Wherever they were to go. He glanced to see some Symbols on the pillar a way's away from The group. He pulled out his notepad and ran over to them. He wrote down the hyroglyphics for the museum. He had been tasked as well to take some pots and such for the museum of History while on the trip. He Chewed the pencil slightly as he went to Desipher them. He hadnt noticed that the group had gone on without him. He was to occupied at the moment.

star was busy studying for traps then realized indigo wasn't with us. he came up to daring to tell her and then he pulled out a pair of binoculars, indigo couldn't been seen, she was probably past the last turn but then it hit star that they were in danger and they might not be alone. he then walked over to Xukar and asked him if he knew anything about the insides of the towers so to see if there was a quicker way to indigo. he ran to the last corner and still couldn't find indigo, he went back to the group to report that they left indigo a good distance away.

Xukar gives Daring a small, sly smirk, "Perhaps I have, just in case I needed an excuse to get you to come back."

He turns his turquoise eyes to Starsprite, "The interior changes with pretty much every temple. It really all depends on the architect's preference. I do know that some temples are built to accommodate the spirits that were believed to inhabit them." The zebra shrugs, and falls silent.

When Starsprite returned to notify the group that Indigo wasn't with them, Xukar sighed heavily. They had barely even started and already one of them was fallen behind.

Daring turned to Xukar and gave him a smirk. "Well you better believe that I will be going back there." She chuckled a bit and then looked over her other friends. She heard something from Star about how they were missing one of the ponies that had been with them. She huffed a bit, she didn't have time to deal with lost ponies...but they needed to find the pony.

As Daring did a head count, she realized that it was Indigo. She looked around and then back to her fellow adventurer ponies. "I suppose we should find Indigo. Where did she get off to now.." She then started to look around for the mare before decided to call out her name. "Indigo! "She flapped her wings but stayed on the ground.

Indigo Wrote down a few more Symbols and scanned them over, He chewed his pencil a bit more, Nasty habit. He looked down at his notepad then back up to the symbols again. Something was strange about them, Something referencing a key. He Huffed as Scratched his head, Quite remarkable how the symbols stayed so Kempt. He looked further down the wall that connected the pillar. Why was this all written on just this wall alone? Was this a Large manuscript that had Been inside at one time? He Couldnt find more on the subject about the key on the wall. He backed up and began to Write the meanings of the symbols into a sentence. He finnished and looked at it with Confusion. "The Sands of Ancients shall pave the path and Shield a key for the Light of the sun." It read. What Key!? What Sun!? He thought. He placed the notepad away and wiped sweat from his brow. He looked back to where his group had been and saw that they were gone. He rolled his eyes and trotted off in the direction of where they had gone.

The pony grinned deceptively as a chill traveled down his spine by plain excitement. This was way better than he'd ever expected! The group had split, unintentionally, unscheduled, but still very much away from each other. He pulled his headgear backwards and shook is body and watched his cloth leave his body without a sound. The mane and tail that appeared had a dim colour of sandy-yellow and it was hard to notice where the mane and tail ended and the desert began.The pony's eyes glimmered contentedly. He brushed of some dust from his dark-blue coat to the right of his cutiemark -- an ancient letter from the time before princesses and peace. -- and disappeared into the forest and swept with determination towards his goal. The pony he had heard to be referred to as "Indigo".

He was soon close, a bit too close, but that didn't matter, he was supposed to be found this time. A bush in Indigo's path made a good spot and he placed himself so that he would face him as he came close. Indigo was a few inches away from him when he floated out from the bush without making a sound, forcing Indigo to back off a little to not bump into him. He smiled benevolently as he spoke, [colour=#00ffff]"You seem lost, friend." [/colour]Not one feature on his face showed that he could ever have bad intentions. No, his face glowed with compassion and the eyes glimmered with the enthusiasm from one who had found a potential friend. Even though he spoke perfectly, the singing tune in his voice reviled his foreign background. [colour=#00ffff]"The desert is a dangerous place to travel, especially without friends."[/colour] He widened his smile and pointed at his papers, [colour=#00ffff]"But I can see that you're not one of the common rabble, running around these parts." [/colour]He studied the pony intensively, took a few laps around him with an inquiring gaze before he continued, [colour=#00ffff]"No... You're quite something, aren't you?" [/colour]​He stopped in front of the pony and offered his hoof with a smile, [colour=#00ffff]"My name is Dragonfly, a pleasure making you acquainted!"[/colour]

Indigo had been trotting for some time now in what he thought was the direction of his group. He became frustrated when he was unable to find them and began to feel slight anxiety. Their hoof prints had been taken by the sands and now he had no idea or way to find them. He continued on through the small patches of pillars, walls and small overhangs that had adorned the land. Why did he always do this on expeditions? He always would get caught up and writedown every single Piece of literature he could find, usually that would end up to something happening or somepony gets frustrated with him.

A sound caught his ear, which turned in the direction instinctively. He looked to see a face right infront of his. He squeaked in alarm and stepped back a few as not to hit him. [colour=#00FFFF]"You seem to be lost friend. The dezert is a dangerous place to travel, expecially without friends. But i can see that your'e not one of the common rabble,running around these parts."[/colour] The pony spoke to him. He watched him closely with suspicion as he strolled around him. [colour=#00FFFF]No....youre quite something arnt you? Ny name is Dragonfly a pleasure to making you aquainted!"[/colour] He had said offering his hoof to him. Indigo stared at him for quite awhile. Why was he here out in the middle of the bloddy desert alone? Had he been following him the whole time? And why the nice act that he was so profoundly giving him? He looked down to his hoof and back up to him. He extended his own hoof and shook it watching him carefully. He didnt speak to much but decided to now. [colour=#000080]"Its a pleasure." [/colour]He said in his low tone of voice. He released the hoof and placed it on his own chest. [colour=#000080]"Im indigo." [/colour]He introduced himself to the pony. He put his hoof down into the hot sands below him. [colour=#000080]"What is a pony Such as yourself doing here?" [/colour]He asked him. His throat was parched already and he tried to clear it. He watched him closely so that in case he did anything he would be slightly ready.

Dragonfly's huge smile fainted away when Indigo asked him why he was there. His happy face exchanged and looked insecure with a small glimpse of despair in his ice-blue eyes. [colour=#00ffff]"I... I think we have something in common on that point."[/colour] Dragonfly shuffled a hoof and glanced down as if he was too ashamed to meet Indigo's gaze. [colour=#00ffff]"I traveled with my friends -- some of my closest friends that is -- when I woke up one morning and realized they were gone... No sign of them. I did of course search the area for clues, that's when I found it," [/colour]his voice began to shiver as he continued, [colour=#00ffff]"It... it was nothing special, just a dusty old note with a minor sentence on it, but I couldn't seem to take my eyes from the beautifully drawn, red words and their content...[/colour] [colour=#FF0000]'Be gone.' [/colour][colour=#00ffff]That was all. Next to it laid my dagger along with my water sack and I knew what they wanted with me."[/colour] Dragonfly gazed up and glared straight into Indigo's eyes with tears, real tears. "[colour=#00ffff]They had signed it Indigo! Every single one of them I once called my friends! Shadowfrost, Sandjuggler, Bruteforce, everypony! So I snatched everything and ran, I ran until my hooves burned and my head was empty. Since then I've been strolling around in this Celestia forgotten desert..."[/colour] He swept his hoof and pointed at everything around him, [colour=#00ffff]"Until I finally found somepony,"[/colour] Dragonfly allowed himself a gentle smile, [colour=#00ffff]"You."[/colour]

He shook his head and blushed,[colour=#00ffff] "Sorry, I shouldn't tell you all this... I guess I had to get it out or I would go insane or something. Sorry for appearing like that I was just so happy to see a face around here."[/colour] He smiled at Indigo with tired eyes and untied his water sack from his side, surprised by its light weight. Dragonfly threw it before Indigo's hooves and smiled kindly, [colour=#00ffff]"Here, you have friends you can return to, I don't. And I can see that you wouldn't trust me anyways so it's better if we have it this way." [/colour]He turned around and began to walk as he mumbled with just enough volume in order for Indigo to hear him. [colour=#00FFFF]"I was never supposed to live anyway..."[/colour]

Indigo watched Dragonfly begin to Trot away. He looked down at the canteen and bent down to pick it up. He held it in his hoof and sighed. He looked up to see that Dragonfly almost gone. He closed his eyes and his Better judgement got the best of him.[colour=#000080] "HEY! WAIT!" [/colour]He shouted to him. He didnt know if he was heard.

star walked to daring and with a burning passion in his voice he said loudly "[colour=#00ff00] I'm going back to find indigo and I'm not going to give up until i find indigo. because i follow one of the main rules of survival, no pony left behind. if anyone wants to join me to find indigo, we shall go. i also have the feeling that indigo is in some sort of trouble so i am not going to rest until i find indigo[/colour]." he then went to a corner and waited to see if anyone was going to join him or if he had to go alone.

Roused by Star Sprite's speech, he considered going back for the missing pegasus, who had been a quiet addition to the group, constantly noting things down. Not even Sparkle had noticed when he lagged behind.

"We shouldn't split up." Sparkle called. "We're in unfamiliar territory and right now, splitting up means that either way, some of us are going to get lost, and it's close to nightfall, I think we should make camp here for the night, to see if Indigo catches up, if not, in the morning us pegasi could do a flyover to see if we can find any trace, It's a big desert, and we've only come in one direction, there'll be tracks at the very least."

Sparkle turned pensively towards the horizon, squinting at the setting sun. "And there's something else. I hadn't mentioned it because I believed it to be a mirage, but back at the dunes, I saw a figure in the distance. The more I think about it the clearer it was. I don't think it's safe to be alone out here."

He turned back towards the group and gave a worrying look to Daring Do.

Though the pony was right about Indigo, Daring did not at all want to turn around and...back track. She never even used to words "back track" ever. And one lost pony wasn't going to change that.

She knew that leaving Indigo was a bad thing to do but, she was sure he would catch up.

So Daring stopped and turned to the ponies. "No splitting up. We stay together. And Sparkle is right." She looked around and found the sun. "We do need to set up camp. It's a bit late now." She huffed a bit and started to pull out a few things that they would need for the night., She then noticed that Sparkle had a worried look on his face. So she sighed. [colour=#000000]"Look whatever you saw it was probably nothing. I've seen a lot of things in my days and honestly a figure of a pony doesn't sound at all bad." [/colour]She gave him a comforting smile and then looked back towards the sun.

The day had gone by so quickly! She wanted that treasure already...

She wasn't going to stop until she found it.

Indigo stood there for a few moments, the small sandstorm that had kicked up nearby had shrouded his vision. He didnt seeThe pony anymore and grumbled. He was in a narrow channel that caused the wind to pick up and cause the screen. He turned and began to trot in what he thought was his group's direction. He didnt want to leave Him there, but he needed to find shelter. The sand burned his eyes and made him cough. He activated his magic and a shield formed to block the sand from him. He trotted forward until he reached the edge of the channel. The walls slopped at an angle, leading the winds. He looked up at the tall wall above him and figured he could get a vantage point from there. (Teleportation) He closed his eyes and imagined himself at the top. He thought harder and harder until he felt his stomach lurch at the movement. He felt his hooves float for one moment and then hit solid below them. He opened his eyes and was utterly tired now. But he did have a view to look from. He looked around and scanned for his group, the waning sunlight made it hard for him to see though. He Hoped that they would do something to make them visible, such as a fire, reflections or other things that would help in any way. He continued to look with slight hope.

star walked over to the group and pulled 6 tents out of his bag. 2 big ones that each fit 3 ponies, 2 medium ones that fit 2 ponies and 2 small ones that fit 1 pony. he set each of them up and then said. " because this is daring's quest she picks who sleeps in which tent and the schedule for guarding ." he then takes out a pen and paper that turn out to be a schedule and hands it to daring to make the shifts. after that he goes over to a space and looks through his humongous bag.

Dragonfly leaned back on the rock with a hoof behind his head in a relaxed position and with a smile on his face. A black cat, with the same colour in its eyes as Dragonfly, had made itself comfortable on his chest which Dragonfly petted tenderly with his other hoof. He'd been up here for a while now and he was pleased with himself. Everything worked out as according to plan. As expected; a pony materialized before him and as he had guessed: it was Indigo. Indigo didn't notice him though; he was so busy looking far that he didn't realize Dragonfly where he sat nearby. He decided to give him a hint of his presence. [colour=#00ffff]"Well lookie what we got here. You made it up here as well, I see." [/colour]Dragonfly smiled happily and kept petting the purring cat. [colour=#00ffff]"How convenient,"[/colour] He added.

Volarte prefered nature to the tent, so instead of using one of the tents Star had provided, she simly brandished a pillow for her head and wrapped herself in her wings for warmth. [colour=#333399]"Eh, I'd rather be able to stick around out here. Besides, this way I will wake up nice and early, be ready for tomorrow. Anypony know what they want for breakfast?" [/colour]She said, yawning as she got comfortable. From there, all it took was several minutes for her to be taken by the sweet grasp of sleep, where nothing would trouble her until next she awoke.

Indigo heard the voice of Dragonfly behind him. He whipped around in fear, He stared at him a few moments and allowed himself to get a grip. He closed his eyes, allowing himself to calm before he speaks, [colour=#000080]"H....how did you.......Where?....." [/colour]He said to him questionably. He still felt quite uneasy as dragonfly stared directly at him. [colour=#000080]"The sandstorm down there had cut me off from you....i wasnt abandoning you." [/colour]He assured him. The moon had risen and now the land basked in its white glow. He looked out to the horizon, [colour=#000080]"My friends might have set up camp not far from here. you could stay the night with us if you wish." [/colour]He offered. He sipped from the canteen again. He placed it back in his bag with his magic. [colour=#000080]"That is.....if we could find them. Or.....get eaten by hungry animals."[/colour]

Dragonfly gave him a crooked smile, [colour=#00ffff]"Oh no worries, I'm sure you wasn't abandoning me."[/colour] He scratched the cat between its ears and it folded the ears back, closed its eyes and smiled with pleasure. A glimpse of the cat's sharp teeth glimmered in the moonlight. Dragonfly knew that Indigo was right about the camp, to be honest, he even knew where that camp laid. Dragonfly knew how many ponies there was, he could address them all by name, he could give a fair description about everypony's look and point out their traits. Of course, he didn't reveal this to Indigo. No, Indigo thought of Dragonfly as a stranger and a stranger he would remain.[colour=#00ffff] "Oh yes, I'd love to share the camp with a few new friends! And now when you mention it; I think I saw a couple of ponies setting up a camp on my way up here" [/colour]This was of course a lie but Indigo could never tell whether he spoke the truth or not. So for the friends... HA! He couldn't care less about these ponies! Dragonfly would kill them all if it wasn't too much of an effort. They were nothing but a piece in his little game. To use or sacrifice whether he saw fit. Dragonfly kept his thoughts to himself and smiled at Indigo. [colour=#00ffff]"I can show you the way!"[/colour]

((OOC: This is my last post for a couple of days. I'm leaving home 'til Friday so someone can take my place until then. I'd vote for Jane because she knows a bit about my ideas for this character but it's up to you all to decide of course! :) Stay tuned 'til Friday folks! We'll be back, Dragonfly and I!))

star walks over to a random spot and put down a 2 part pot, he then lit a fire inside of the bottom it and made a sort of cooking pot.he asked if people wanted dinner but some were already sleeping. he pulled out an apple and made an apple goo. it lasted longer and it didn't rot. he sealed it in a small container and every once in a while he'd have a slurp.

Daring noticed that one tent that housed one pony was still open for grabs. She moved closer to the tent. "I'm sleeping alone. I don't plan on us staying here long. We sleep. We wake up. We go." She then looked down in her anger. "We've already lost one member. Don't really know how." She scoffed and then moved into the tent.

She was happy that the ponies had made it this far. They knew how to survive.