A Fiery Reconciliation(TacoBob)

IceStorm

[colour=#000080]To say that Ice was looking forward to today would have been Equestria's largest lie. Truth be told she was actually dreading this day ever since she had gotten the letter from Fire Walker stating that she was coming today. She knew that Dunder had probably gone back to her after their annulment and now she probably thought that Ice was the worst mare in the world. Not only had she stolen her love from her, but it didn't even end up working out. She felt so horrible about the situation that she didn't know what to do about any of it.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]On top of that she knew that Fire was one of the few Mares that knew about her issue. Dunder had told her about it right after they got married to try to get her to help by paying for one of the best doctors in Equestria. Only to have it turn out to be a waste of time as well. I should have known that it would be. No other doctor in Equestria could find anything that would explain why I'm still wetting the bed, why should I have expected any differently with him! she thought to herself. The only thing she could do was sigh as she awaited Fire's arrival. The only thing I can do is hope she'll understand...[/colour]

Fire Walker stood silently at the back entrance of a small ice cream parlor nestled in the friendly little town of Ponyville. Her last two visits to the sleepy little village had ended rather poorly for the young mare. During these two trips, she not only lost her beau, she also witnessed the marriage of her former colt-friend to a pony that could not have been any different than the stallion she was marrying. While both Fire and the stallion known as Dunder were both athletic and adventuresome, the mare he would end up marrying was reserved and content to work in the frozen treats store that also served as her home. While being upset over the loss of Dunder, the mare still felt the need to support her friend and help send him off in a fitting manner by attending their wedding ceremony.

With the urging of one of her friends, she made time for a weekend stay in Ponyville. She and the friend were to spend the first day lazing about at the local spa and then would have tea together at a local café. The next few days, the pair had planned to spend some quality time attending 'MareCon', a convention geared manly for mares. She did not plan on running into Dunder, who caused a bit of a scene at the spa when he turned the small business upside-down looking for his former love. There he learned she had moved on and was currently dating a shared friend of the two. This disrupted one of the mare's original plans of having tea with both her friend and Ice Storm. Still, she was not going to stop her from her plans, even if Dunder and Ice Storm were no longer a pair. Fire Walker still felt the need to make amends with the blue coated unicorn.

After finding a small doorbell which she pushed, the mare patiently waited for an answer.

[colour=#000080]When the doorbell rang Ice froze. Since she was closed for the day, she knew who would be at the door. She went over to the window and sure enough it was Fire. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Hey Fire! Come on in and head upstairs. The door's unlocked,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told the fiery pegasus. She closed the window and made her way to the sofa spraying a bit of air freshener in the air to cover up as much of the odor as she could. Even though Fire knew about the situation she wasn't really keen on having her reminded of her largest flaw at the moment. "Okay... I can do this. After all... she did say that she just wanted to talk," she spoke to herself. Hopefully everything just worked itself out and Fire wouldn't be too angry with her.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Many of these thoughts going through Ice's mind at the mind. Whatever was going to happen though, was going to do so regardless. With a quick look around to make sure nothing was out of place, she opened the door at the bottom of the shop leading upstairs with her magic, and she waited for Fire to enter.[/colour]

Fire Walker pushed open the door and slowly made her way up the stairs. The second the odors reached her nose, the mare quickly assumed Ice Storm might be in the middle of getting a new puppy or kitten used to his or hers new home. Back home, that’s all her little sister had been talking about. Puppies! Her little friend Double Time received a Greyhound pup for her birthday, while a Dalmatian was introduced to Fast Track's household. Now that’s the only thing she had been talking about during the last week. A puppy! They're all fun, but somepony needs to be at the house to feed, bathe and housebreak the little bundle of fur. And after the tragic life and death of Wind's Kalanchoe, also known as 'Chuck The Plant', she did not appear to be ready for the reasonability of taking care of a living and breathing creature.

"Lovely home you have here Miss Storm.", the Pegasus pony wore a simple white summer dress and carried a small bag which hung from her side. After her griffon friend, Zelda went off on her own, the mare was able to find a decent little gift bag to bring with her from a local shop. "Are we still up for tea? We had reserved a place over at the local café for afternoon tea and I'm looking forward to it. The Pegasi here really did a remarkable job outside and the weather is absolutely beautiful today!", the pony sounded like she was in high spirits at the moment. Once she got up the stairs, the young mare slowly pushed open the door....

[colour=#000080]Ice heard Fire coming up the steps asking if they were still on for tea. Ice had to admit tea sounded like a good idea at the moment. Would be nice to get out of the shop for a bit as well. She blushed a bit when she hear Fire tell her how nice of a home that she had. She smiled as she heard fire coming up the steps and she she opened the as she responded not noticing the nappy that had fallen at the base of the door leading from her living room to her bedroom. When Fire came in she still smiled. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Hey, yeah... I'm just, I'm honestly a bit nervous... I'm sure you've heard about what's happened by now," [/colour][colour=#000080]Ice inquired in a round about way.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice would be able to tell a lot about how this visit was going to go depending on how Fire's response was going to be. If Fire was caring and understanding about the situation, then perhaps they would still be able to be friends, which was what she was hoping. If it sounded like she didn't really care, then it meant that she most likely wasn't here on her own will and that somepony else had talked her into it. If that would be the case, then this visit isn't going to do anything but hurt both of them. Ice was desperately hoping for the first option where they could both be friends. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I also don't know if Dunder ever gave you a status report on my condition, but that doctor that you helped pay for was a dead end, just like every other doctor I've been too,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told Fire. Considering she paid for the doctor, she ahd a right to know the results. [/colour]

"Actually heard what had happened this morning.", the mare shook her head sadly, "Dunder surprised me at the spa. My best buddy Zelda thought it would be cute for the two of us two get back together so she had a little surprise meeting with the two of us. Being Dunder, he made a bit of a scene at the place. Nearly got kicked out." It took her another moment, but the mare finally remembered what problems the poor blue coated mare was facing, "I love Dunder dearly, but now more as a friend, one of my very best friends. I know he wanted to rekindle our relationship, but I've moved on. He did not take it well, but he needs to at least take comport that he's still pretty young and somewhat hunkadorable. Which is when one is both hunky and adorable all at once. "

"And yes.", the mare was now now standing within range of Ice Storm, "Dunder did speak of your condition, and honestly, I would take the lack of medical issues as a good sign. Generally if it was, you could have had diabetes or infections, or something far worse. Dunders told me you had a rather difficult childhood, and while I took some classes while attending military college, I'm no psychologist, but I have a feeling whatever is causing your issues is probably here.", she pointed to her head, "Something long and lost and deep-rooted is probably causing you to do what you're doing. If they don't have any psychologists here in Ponyville, I could give you the name of one in Canterlot. When we lost my father's mother to the 'Big-C', my youngest sibling took it very hard. Little Wind became a bit of troublemaker in school, so we sent her to a family friend who worked wonders. She's a family-psychologist, so she works with all age groups."

Fire Walker blushed a little, "Sorry for the rambling. Had a lot to say.."

[colour=#000080]Ice at first sighed when Fire told her that she should consider herself lucky that whatever was causing her issue wasn't medical in nature. She told her that otherwise it could have been something far more deadly than a simple wetting issue. sh further explained that while she was no psychologist, most of her issue could be in her head, as Dunder had told her about how horrible of a past she had. She also told him that he caused a bit of a ruckus at the spa this morning and nearly got himself thrown out. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"He was at the spa?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked surprised. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"He never wanted to go when I did..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she sighed. She started walking towards the door and was next to Fire rather quickly. When she mentioned the family psychiatrist, Ice nodded.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "I think I might have to give that a try. As you said, if it's nothing physical, then it's got to be something mental. That should be easier to fix too right? at least I hope anyway,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she finished. [/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"So, where are we going for tea?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked looking forward to the trip now. Fire seemed a lot friendlier than she was originally expecting, however she wasn't complaining about that. In fact, she loved it. Perhaps a friendship would indeed be possible between them.[/colour]

"Dunder didn't actually want to remain in the spa!", the mare let out a chuckle, "He thought he could just sneak into the place, snatch me off my hooves and carry me away. Now I love the guy dearly and would do just about anything for him, but Zelda and I had planned this for months. A horde of dragons wouldn’t been able to drag me away from the place, let alone ol' Dunders. He stayed with us for a little bit, but snuck out as we hung around in the sauna. I believe a part of me knew he was going to do that, I Just hope he listened to our advice, I do really care about the fuzzy brown guy", she nodded politely as the mare replied back about her condition,"That's not exactly true. Sometimes the real problems might not be noticeable at first. While you've had difficulties when you were younger, the real problem that's causing you so much grief might not be so obvious. It might be something you've hidden away for so long and might not even realize it.", she glanced around the house for a moment as she spoke, "A good doctor will help you root out that issue and then guide you to both confront it and defeat it. Once you've taken care of your issues, not only will you conquer your.", she nodded at the 'maximum absorbency garment', "Problem, and you'll be a much stronger pony as well. I found out once I was helped with my rage issues, I grew up to be a rather pleasant person. I'm not perfect, but I do feel rather good about myself and understand why my parents treated me as they did."

When the subject of tea was brought up, Fire Walker bounced a little while in place, " There's this cute little café near the Town Hall. They have afternoon tea outside and considering how the weather is absolutely incredible, I thought it would be a fun way to spend part of the day. So if you're ready we can scoot!" Once Ice Storm indicated she was set to go, the mare lead her out of the house and down towards the Café.

[colour=#000080]Ice laughed when Fire said that Dunder didn't actually want to stay in the spa. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"That sounds a bit more like him," [/colour][colour=#000080]Ice giggled, as Fire explained that after planning that trip for so long not even a horde of dragons could get her away from that place. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I've only been there once or twice myself, though I will say that they are amazing at what they do." [/colour][colour=#000080]She added as Fire then continued to speak about the issue stating that the answer may not always be obvious at first. That while she's have a traumatic past in her foalhood the actually problem may be hiding beneath that locked away in her memories. She also told her that once she was able to recognize the issue, not only would she be able to conquer her issue as she nodded at one of her diapers making her blush a small bit, but added that she would be a stronger Pony. That once she found out she had gained control over her rage issues. She said that she wasn't perfect and she understands why her parents treated her the way they did.[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"At least your parents actually recognized that you existed. I don't think anything can justify being abandoned. I mean, I've forgiven my mother after we finally reunited a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to forget. My mother admitted to not being ready to be a mother and she admitted that she never actually thought that I would leave. After seeing how happy she was to see me again and how hurt she was at what happened, I couldn't help but forgive her. But something like that just isn't easy to forget. That being said, I'd be more than willing to try this other type of doctor. Nopony in medical fields has found anything, so I'm out of other options other than just living with it,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said softly.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Then Fire mentioned the café for tea, Ice perked up. She mentioned that they have afternoon tea outside and that considering the weather was perfect for the day, she figured it would be a perfect way to spend part of the day. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I agree!!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said following her downstairs and started towards the café. It was a bit warmer outside than she would have liked so she paused briefly to create a thin layer of ice over her body to serve as a portable air conditioner. With a few moments, the café was in sight.[/colour]

"Yes, I'm pretty sure that would be very difficult to forget about.", Fire Walker shuddered to imagine how things would have been if she were cast out from her home at such an early age. Considering her poor health, she doubted she would have lasted very long in the open. "And yet you forgave her, I know plenty of ponies out there who would not be as kind as you. That really says a lot about you as a pony.", she followed the mare down the stairs and outside as she listened more about the mare's condition. "And there's no reason to just live with it. You've already proved to me that you are strong of will and heart, so if I were you, I'd just take it as a challenge. Something to conquer! Once you are free of this, you'll be a far stronger mare than before and others will take note of it and respect you even more."

She watched with great interest as the unicorn threw the cooling spell over her person, "I love to fly, but I'd probably not even think twice if somepony offered to trade my wings for a horn. Magic is so very useful, from the telekinesis spells to even being able to transport oneself across vast open spaces in a blink of an eye. Even the 'cantrips' are pretty darn useful.", she smiled as they continued their little trip across the street. Once they arrived at the small café, the mare cantered over to a counter which rested near the entrance and gave her name to the pony standing behind said counter. The stallion nodded his head and a teenaged mare lead the pair to a small table near a shaded area surrounded by flowers, and an rather pleasant sounding pond.

"Hope you have an appetite, as I ordered 'Princess Celestia's Royal Platter'. Along with the tea, there's also tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts. They also offer an glass of 'Iron Horse Cuvee' and they leave a strawberry in it, so it tastes extra sweet.", the Pegasus pony also nodded sideways towards the back of the Café. There appeared to be a restroom very close by. "Generally a good idea to be close to a bathroom when one is having wine and tea, even for me.", she added in a whisper before looking up at the serving mare. "Along with the platter, I'll have the Canterlot Vienna Cinnamon." After writing a few things down on her pad, the young pony turned to Ice Storm to see what sort of tea she wanted.

Once the tea was ordered, Fire Walker glanced around the area they were sitting, "Wow, this is really pretty...So..", a sly look fell on her face, "How do you like Ponyville? Heard things can get pretty interesting from time to time."