If They Became Mothers

Kodokuna

Hai thar~

Just curious as to what any of you personally would think if any mare on the show became, at some point in their lives, a mother.

Here's mine, but share your own thoughts as to what would happen!

Twilight Sparkle

As a princess, Twilight Sparkle would have to rule a kingdom, though she would make time to spend with her child. Though, maybe a little too much as she becomes a little over protective and keeps watch every second of the day. Also, for 'fun', she would make her child read constantly, making that child hate books over time.

Pinkie Pie

As one who parties constantly, Pinkie Pie would sadly have to give away her child to an adoption center. Though, on that off-chance that she doesn't, the child would have to be fillysat every second of the day. Either way, she'll probably always be there for her child, giving him/her the giggles and smileys. She just knows that she can't properly take care of him/her.

Rarity

There are two ways this can go:

1. She forgets she even has a child and thinks of him/her as her assistant.

2. She quits being a fashionista to become a full-time, loving mother. >w<

Fluttershy

Marries Discord. 'Nuff said.

Applejack

The-would-be-best-fit-mother, she would teach her child the importance of friendship. And although they would be doing hard work all day, Applejack would always find a way to make the experience fun and everlasting for her child to enjoy.

Rainbow Dash

At first shocked at the idea of it, she'll grow to learn that she'll love her child every increasing day. And though she knows that she would have to put her dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt on hold, she'll be happy to know that her child has what it takes to become even better than her with enough training.

Derpy

She would try her hardest to be a good mother, but on occasion, fail. But it would be okay, because the child (whom didn't receive the same genes from her mother) would love her all the same way, and help her out in public.

Princess Celestia

HA!

Princess Luna

Would have no previous experience to raise a child, but with a little help from friends and family, she would become a great mother.

Princess Cadence

Knowing that she once was abandoned as a child, she and Shining Armor will pour their love and time into the child.

Queen Chrysallis

She'll love her child to DEATH!

Cheers~

Kodokuna Haisha

SHIPPING..other than that i agree with you..

Lol! Seeing as to how Fluttershy is in love with animals, and Discord being made up of many, different animals, I see no other possibility. XP

interesting point..lemme get back to you on that..

Lol, okay. :)

Also, I forgot to add that Discord sees Fluttershy as his only friend.

My headcanon:

Twilight: She'd try to find books on it, for sure, and eventually learn that the best mothers learn from their personal experience in the end.

Pinkie Pie: She'd openly embrace it, having lots of experience from raising the Cake Twins. They'd probably be old enough by this point to help her babysit her foal. Birthday parties would be daily.

Applejack: She would gracefully become a mother, and yes, teach them the traditional family way of doing stuff.

Rarity: She would be the epitome of a busy working mother, though I imagine she would have Sweetie or her parents to help raise the foal (or her husband Spike, maybe?).

Rainbow Dash: The OP pretty much nailed this one, though I think she would be a Wonderbolt already by the time this happened, and she would receive maturnity leave and eventually retire from active service to become a trainer for the WB while taking care of her little one.

Fluttershy: Her animals would help her raise her foal, probably! She would be scared about some prospects of motherhood but eventually embrace them.

Alicorns: Dunno, that would be weird. Though I think if any of the main characters in FiM were to have a foal, Princess Cadance would be the top pick, because a baby princess alicorn would make great toys (Princess Skyla, anypony?).

• Like 2

My headcanon:

Twilight: She'd try to find books on it, for sure, and eventually learn that the best mothers learn from their personal experience in the end.

Pinkie Pie: She'd openly embrace it, having lots of experience from raising the Cake Twins. They'd probably be old enough by this point to help her babysit her foal. Birthday parties would be daily.

Applejack: She would gracefully become a mother, and yes, teach them the traditional family way of doing stuff.

Rarity: She would be the epitome of a busy working mother, though I imagine she would have Sweetie or her parents to help raise the foal (or her husband Spike, maybe?).

Rainbow Dash: The OP pretty much nailed this one, though I think she would be a Wonderbolt already by the time this happened, and she would receive maturnity leave and eventually retire from active service to become a trainer for the WB while taking care of her little one.

Fluttershy: Her animals would help her raise her foal, probably! She would be scared about some prospects of motherhood but eventually embrace them.

Alicorns: Dunno, that would be weird. Though I think if any of the characters in FiM were to have a foal, Princess Cadance would be the top pick, because a baby princess alicorn would make great toys (Princess Skyla, anypony?).

Twilight: Actually, yeah, she would read up on it. ^^; Though it would take a two-part episode for her to realize that it's all about personal experience. XD

Rarity: If it is indeed Spike, then I could actually see him seeing the filly as the only treasure he needs, and he and Rarity would be great parents.

Rainbow Dash: Oh man, I totally forgot she's still in the Wonderbolt Academy. I love your idea better. :)

Fluttershy: Definitely can see that happening. Though, I hope she actually learns to love her filly, as she is scared of EVERY single pony.

Skyla: I... seriously would buy a plushie or toy of Princess Cadence's child if she was actually named that.

• Like 1

then she would send a letter to Celestia about it

Dear Twilight,

You're not my student anymore. Please stop sending me letters. I literally have no more space for them in the Star Swirl the Bearded archives.

Love,

Celestia

------

:blush:

• Like 1

Twilight would probably have the most experience out of her friends, considering she has raised Spike during most of his life (Lauren Faust did mention that Spike was being taken care of during his very early years by Celestia) and she's already skilled in mum'ing. Also note Spike is pretty darn intelligent for his age..

Fluttershy would be nearly as good..And she's shown that she can handle kids..and animals.

And if we do see any foals pop up in Season 4, they'll probably belong to Shining Armor and Cadence...

Twilight would probably have the most experience out of her friends, considering she has raised Spike during most of his life (Lauren Faust did mention that Spike was being taken care of during his very early years by Celestia) and she's already skilled in mum'ing. Also note Spike is pretty darn intelligent for his age..

Fluttershy would be nearly as good..And she's shown that she can handle kids..and animals.

And if we do see any foals pop up in Season 4, they'll probably belong to Shining Armor and Cadence...

With Fluttershy, the only time she handled kids was with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

And I don't think she wants to do that ever again. XD

I dunno. She seems to have figured out the whole kid thing...And after looking at this pic:

http://www.deviantar...Angel-375855736

How can you not say she'd make a good mother? ;)

That... that was actually cute. >w<

Though, with that, it seems Angel is annoyed with all the smothering~

but that's angel... who as a guy is probably more grumpy at the name angel than her mothering

Oh, lol, wait, I thought that pony was a ponified version of the bunny, Angel. ^^;

It's exotic. :3

Like Destiny, Hope, Justice, etc. etc. etc.

But yeah, I think I would hate my parents too if they called me that.

I once mentioned the name 'Derpy' in class, and a friend promised to name his child that. I wonder how it'll turn out.

It's exotic. :3

Like Destiny, Hope, Justice, etc. etc. etc.

But yeah, I think I would hate my parents too if they called me that.

I once mentioned the name 'Derpy' in class, and a friend promised to name his child that. I wonder how it'll turn out.

about the same as a boy named Sue im sure

about the same as a boy named Sue im sure

I know at this point I'm going off-topic, but I watched Tinker Bell: The Secret Wings the other night, and there was one faerie named Spike.

38d2ac16513a761f087aae585dbee26b.jpg

One would think it's a boy's name, but apparently it is not. ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my two bits on the matter...

Twilight Sparkle: ... Yeah, reads up on it until learning it's about experience. Can't really add onto that...

... Except the fact that Spike will likely be stuck badly taking care of the little foal until Twi calms down about it all.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie Pie... putting the foal up for adoption...? I'm sorry, but... wow, that feels off.

Pinkie, having helped raise the Baby Cakes, would likely think she has the proper ability to raise a foal of her own. She would have the habit of still making spontaneous parties and celebrations, which would often startle the foal in her saddlebag. She tries to leave it with the Cakes, but motherly instincts make it impossible for her to leave it alone for too long. She realizes her parties aren't lacking the same edge with the baby on her mind, and she eventually starts to calm down. While still holding her optimistic mood, she gradually calms down in her party-making mood, becoming far less spontaneous for the sake of her child.

She then starts a speech through the black pre-credits screen on how much responsibility it is to be a Mother for the audience.

Rainbow Dash: Things would be rather difficult at first, as she constantly puts the baby in the hooves of others whilst she trains. This backfires, however, as the foal grows less and less attatched to Rainbow as a result.

She's forced to make heavy compromises with the Wonderbolts, requesting much less airtime so she can bond with her child. She teaches it to fly, acting as a benevolent drill instructor of sorts so the foal can become even greater than she... "or at least CLOSE to my awesomeness".

Fluttershy: For Fluttershy, things would come much more naturally. She would constantly cradle and wuggle her little child, occassionally even getting clingy, and having a very hard time leaving it alone, often keeping it with her in a saddlebag.

Angel gets jealous of the foal, but an episode or two resolves that conflict.

Rarity: At first, Rarity is overjoyed at the thought of having a foal of her own. Problem is, there are so many orders (as she is very famous at this point) that she's forced to squeeze in time to even feed the child. Her mane gets messy, the stress hurts her... it's a mess. In the end, she has to step down from her high status as a fashion designer, casually designing clothes on a less hectic basis, allowing much more time for her child.

Applejack: This one is easily resolved. Applejack takes a few days off at first to spend with her foal. Big Mac takes over her duties in that time. Beyond that, she gets back to work, letting Granny Smith care for the foal while she's out. She does a pretty good job, despite her age. Nothing too bad, as all the resources needed are had. Overall, relatively simple.

... A part of me wonders why the Tartarus no one (myself included) thinks to factor in the father in these scenarios...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Twilight, being an alicorn princess, would probably have a difficult time raising a child and ruling a kingdom. Being royalty, she may have a midwife or a nanny to care for her child when she's about royal business. But, knowing Twi, she would always find time to read with her child and play with them.

Rainbow Dash would have left the wonderbolts on an honorable discharge and kinda be like the military mum. Her child may be expected to live by a code of self-discipline and honor. She probably wouldn't show much emotion, but Dash would be there to guide and motivate her kid when it's down.

Apple Jack would be the down-home country-fried mama, that tries to raise her kids while also taking care of the orchard, basically making her the hard workin' job and family kinda mum. she'll pretty much work the ranch with the family and spend the evening at the table with everyone at the end of the day. she would make sure her children are raised on positive values and good, honest labor.

I doubt Rarity would be much of a parent. Personally, she's very career focused, and having a child may conflict with her goals. i see her child pretty much being raised by nannies and her parents while feeling resentment and isolation growing up. Rarity may not even notice her child is growing up at all, but eventually wakes up to the fact that she wasn't there for her child and try to make up for past mistakes as her child tries to alienate herself from her mother.

Pinkie Pie is the fun mum. She would hold epic birthday parties for her children and their friends who love the fact that they're friends with kids with an awesome mother. Pinkie would always be taking them to fun places and doing fun things with the children, even planning other parties with them. her kids may turn out to be as random as she is, but you may have one whose a black sheep that's not easily amused and kinda sees mum and the fam as wierd.

Fluttershy would be the most motherly of all. She would be sweet and tender to the children, but may also feel a need to be overprotective and worry alot about them everytime they step out the door. She would, however, give them room to grow and not dictate their lives. Being much older, she's learned to be firm and assert herself. She will do just that when her kids cut out of line. nonetheless, he'll love them with all her heart no matter what.

• Like 1

I remember once there was up on DA a comic story about how Lyra and Bon Bon would deal with the problems of bein a family afther they adopted a foal. I would really love to share it with you because I marked it to be my favourite art on DA and it meets so mutch with my headcanon but a while ago the artist moved it into his/her DA store so it's not public anymore. :sad:

I'm going to write down my headcan about Lyra and Bon Bon tomorrow once I will be on my own computer.

Pinkie Pie gives up her foal so she could continue to party? Noooo way!

Pinkie would probably ease up on the partying a bit, but Im sure she'll want to teach the foal the sacred art of spontaneous parties. And one day, the foal grows up and she and Pinke will throw even doubly amazing parties together as a fun mother/child activity!