Farm Laborers Wanted (OOC discussion, interest check)

So, I haven't started any RP threads yet. Figure I probably should give that a try. I don't want to start an RP thread without knowing if someone will participate or not, though, so here I am.

Here's the idea I have. Honeydew's parents (melon farmers) are taking a much needed and long overdue vacation from the farm and from Uncle Cantaloupe. Problem is the young farmhands that work the farm are also going away for various reasons. So, Honeydew's parents need someone to supervise and take care of the farm. They choose their only daughter, Honeydew.

The horror. Honeydew hasn't worked on the farm since she was a filly, and her parents are just pushy enough to overrule her own pushiness and resounding "NO." She can't just let the farm go, either, because regardless of her rough edges and dominating personality, she isn't heartless.

She has the brilliant idea to put up notices about help being needed on the farm. Room and board free and a few bits for your trouble.

Let's see what happens when you mix a once-country-pony-turned-city-pony with a few country ponies, shall we? :D

RP thread here: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/15460-farmers-wanted/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...

That sounds interesting. Carrot Top is a farmer (mostly carrots) but she can try her hoof growing watermelons.

• Like 1

Razor can offer a hand. He can help with the watering by whacking those clouds*I think Griffons can do that right?* If not he is ready to use his physical strength to help...just as long as he can fly while working.

Besides he is always ready for some extra cash.

Edit: Actually noticed the final piece of the post. So if this is just for country ponies then never mind this post*Embarrassed*

How did you envision us making our first posts, Ginger? Did you want something like what Zanderax posted - character find the flyer - or did you want something more explaining the character's arrival at the farm?