Donut Joe's... Bakery Stand? (OPEN)

Should anypony in Canterlot have been unfortunate enough to be craving donuts that day, they would find that Canterlot's most beloved donut shop was closed. For renovations. Construction ponies swarmed the shop, hard at work building what appeared to be some kind of expansion. It was not too difficult to miss that the construction ponies had been treated to complimentary donuts and coffee. There was also a sign: DONUT JOE'S CLOSED. In addition, there were some directions to Joe's... Donut Stand.

Donut Joe whistled a little to himself as he worked his magic to keep his donuts warm and fresh. Outside conditions weren't exactly ideal conditions but he was making do. It must have been an odd sight, seeing the unicorn baker in somepony's (a friend of his) front yard selling a very limited selection of donuts and coffee. Joe himself probably didn't care much how odd a sight he was. He wasn't going to let construction interfere with his business. With his friend's permission, he had even been allowed to set up some tables in case ponies wanted to hang out while they chowed down on their donuts. Now, he waited. And waited. He wondered if he should make a bigger sign.

Bleary eyed and exhausted, Mystery Veil stumbled towards Donut Joe's, same as she did every (extremely early) morning. By habit, she grabbed the door's handle in her teeth, and pulled. The door remained stubbornly closed. She pulled harder. Still closed, the door smirked at her. (Or perhaps her sleepy brain was seeing things with the upturned, u-shaped, door handles.) She planted a hoof on the wall beside the door, bit down hard, and pulled, desperately, powerfully. Still the monstrous, mocking, mischievous, miserable door remained closed! Sagging in defeat, she slumped onto the ground, and let out a melodramatic, anger filled screech. The construction ponies tried to be discrete, but quite a few were laughing. One kindly, rugged looking stallion pointed towards the sign on the door, then in the direction of Donut Joe's temporary donut stand. With as much dignity as she could muster, Mystery Veil cantered towards the stand, tail held sheepishly between her legs.

She walked up to the stand, dropping a few bits onto the hastily constructed stall. Voice clipped, but still trying to be polite, she spoke, "One donut. One.. pot of coffee. Please." She tried to smile, but failed, staring wistfully at the coffee on the other side of the stall.

(OOC: Since you mentioned that Mystery Veil shows up at the shop every early morning, I'm going to assume that Donut Joe knows her name... hope that's okay!)

Donut Joe grinned at Mystery Veil and hoofed the bits into a make-shift cash drawer. "Just anotha early morning, eh, Mystery Veil?" His horn glowed, placing a warm, fresh pink-frosted donut in wax paper and giving it to her. There were two pots of coffee behind the stall, for 'just-in-case' purposes. He placed a giant, yellow-coloured coffee mug with the word JOE written in big, black letters on it on the temporary donut stand. Then, he poured one pot of coffee into the mug and prepared it the way he remembered Mystery Veil telling him she liked it. "Yous look like you're about to go to sleep any second now. Why don't you take a seat and let the coffee work its magic?" His horn glowed again, and he pulled out a seat just a little ways from one of the tables near the stand. Then, he turned away to begin brewing another pot of coffee, but as always, he kept his listening ears open.

• 4 weeks later...

Vinyl Scratch was hungry - not the kinda hungry that called for a full meal, mind you, but the kinda hungry that prompted one of her small snacking outs...she'd come out to Canterlots town fringes to grab herself some supplies so she could take them back home and listen to some tracks and relax on her l'il balcony for a while. Of course, before she could really make such a delicious vision of the future come true, she needed to decide just what it was that fit her ideas of suitable munchables for the evening!

With her mane swept back, and a crimson pair of shades nestling on her muzzle, she makes her way through Canterlots market area with a wide grin, seeking the holy grail of foodstuffs that would strike her tastebuds and her wallet in just the right way. Luckily, it seemed as though something that might just tickle her fancy was in sight - a seemingly popular l'il donut stall, no doubt linked to the donut store that was currently under renevation nearby...she'd seen it a little ways back, which was something that had only served to disappoint her snack-senses at the time - round sweet doughy delicacies were only a few short steps away, so the DJ Unicorn makes her way towards the sacred snackbar and gives her widest grin.

" [colour=#800080]Heeeey, how's tricks[/colour]? " she starts, tweaking her shades as she leant against the stand with a grin. " [colour=#800080]I've gots me a hankerin' for some Donuts...hows 'bout it[/colour]? "

Vinyl offers up her most bewitching DJ Grin and a slight waggle of the eyebrows...afterall, there was always time to put the legendary DJ Pon3 charms to good use!

Donut Joe smiled at the DJ unicorn; although, it appeared her charming attempts had been ignored. It wasn't that he hadn't noticed; it just he wasn't sure what to make of it. For all he knew, she could have some kind of bizarre eyebrow condition. "Not as easy running the donut business outside as it is inside, but I think I'm managing. If it's donuts you want, yous have come to the right place because nopony makes donuts like I make donuts, lemme tell you." He gave a wide gesture at the stand in front of him. "I don't got as much variety as I usually do, but I've got the basics covered. What would you like? Got your jelly-filled donuts, cake donuts, your average donut with sprinkles, long johns, even got a couple of custard-filled." He seemed rather proud of the donut stand's set-up, even if it was less than what he was used to working with.

. "Not as easy running the donut business outside as it is inside, but I think I'm managing. If it's donuts you want, yous have come to the right place because nopony makes donuts like I make donuts, lemme tell you."

Vinyl grins as she surveys the choices of Donut behind the desk, already salivating a little at which choices she wants - indeed, it seemed like Joe did donuts of every type...jelly, jam, cream, vanilla, cocoa, coffee...heck, he even did donuts she'd never heard of, and that was something that she found herself even more interested in.

She made a mental note to drop by his shop the next time it was properly opened, since she was a big fan of exotic desserts and treats!

" [colour=#800080]Well, guess I'll just have t'take a couple of the best ones you got there, pon'[/colour]! " she says with a small nod, tweaking her shades lightly against her muzzle.

" [colour=#800080]Leeeet's take a couple of traditional jam, a couple of that chocolate custard ya got there, and a couple of Cinnamon-iced Hole donuts at the back there...they look pretty good[/colour]! "

She chuckles slightly and floats over a small bag of bits and piles a neat stack of the required amount in advance...she was, if anything, one to make sure things were done right!