Behind the Bite! :Getting to know QuickLime a thread :D

Quick, name ideas for a blue blue earth mare with a green mane/tail whose talent is is music and a golden yellow earth stallion with a purple and blue mane/tail whose talent is piano! (Please)

• 3 weeks later...

How is the name Quicklime related to a deadly gas? My brain cannot science in summer sometimes. :razz:

QuickLime is the common term for Calcium Oxide (CaO), which is a corrosive alkaline crystalline solid. It is very much not a gas since the melting point is well over 2000C (which means the boiling point is even higher). However you can get a pretty decent exothermic reaction by throwing some water on it :) This would create a corrosive gas which can lead to skin irritation, but it isn't a poisonous [deadly] gas.

Since this is a question thread... I do good?

QuickLime is the common term for Calcium Oxide (CaO), which is a corrosive alkaline crystalline solid. It is very much not a gas since the melting point is well over 2000C (which means the boiling point is even higher). However you can get a pretty decent exothermic reaction by throwing some water on it :) This would create a corrosive gas which can lead to skin irritation, but it isn't a poisonous [deadly] gas.

Since this is a question thread... I do good?

Only if you explain how it fits with me as a person :D

Is it odd to be highly attracted to talks about chemicals? (Maybe this is why I had trouble passing Organic Chemistry, I was too busy being distracted by the nerdsexy)

Wait. That wasn't my question.

QUESTION! This biteyness you describe... Well, here's my question.

Why so bitey? (Insert Joker face here)

I grew up being taught that as a girl I was to be quiet, and soft and never disagree with anyone, even if they were wrong

So when I turned a certain age and started thinking for myself I decided I didn't want to be a quiet, meek little mouse.

Besides people are less likely to bully you if you are bitey.

Interesting! I thought perhaps you might have been a little uncomfortable about it (particularly where the First Impressions thread was concerned).

Now, my next question...

Do u liek Mudkips?

Only when people whine or whimper like I purposfully go out of my way to be nasty to them, No being Bitey just means that if you are being stupid or I disagree I am going to call you out on it or state that I disagree XD