Braith (Ready) (Free For All)

Bones

Name: Braith

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance: Braith has a creamy white coat with a russet red and mint streaked mane. Her eyes are different colours; on is a mottled yellow, and the other an electric green.

[colour=#006400](picture isn't working-TBA)[/colour]

Cutie Mark: Braith has a flaming wrench in the shape of a quarter note, representing her talent in instrument repair (she enjoys both playing and fixing them). She also enjoys fire, hence the fact that it's on fire.

Personality: Braith acts very confident; she has an aura of someone who is in charge and is a natural leader. However, she uses this to hide the fact that she has a weak self-confidence level.

Braith isn't afraid to get her hooves dirty; she enjoys hard work and reflects her work in her personality; she's outspoken, occasionally crude, and brash, but can also be faithful, strong, and honest. She is quite strong due to growing up rough-housing with griffins.

Braith dislikes getting close to people, preferring to place her trust in her own hooves, and is very self-reliant. She's not quiet, however, and isn't afraid to speak her opinions, ill taken or not.

She tends to let her bad temper get the better of her. She loves the heat, particularly fire, which she uses to fix things on occasion. However, she dislikes snow and cold weather in general, as she has little resistance to them. She has a hardy constitution besides that and doesn't get sick easily. She has a high pain tolerance but low magic resistance.

She's quite witty and sharp-minded but gets confused about the pony world on occasion.

She's also very competitive and challenging, as she usually feels like a disappointment to her family and desires to prove herself.

Backstory: Braith grew up in a griffin settlement, and as a result doesn't have the highest respect for other ponies thanks to growing up with griffins, most of whom are afraid of ponies.

The reason she lived there was because her parents were saved by a griffin at a young age and, admiring their mores simplistic and natural life over the extravagant ones of their kin, they moved.

Both her parents were unicorns, but Braith had no magical ability, which made her competitive and often angry, as she felt like she was letting her magical parents down. Though they assured her that she was not, she still felt inferior and, as a result, grew to be a dedicated worker but have fairly low self confidence; she hides this behind a mask of extreme self confidence.

When she was young, she demonstrated an aptitude for the lute; she often played for griffin celebrations and festivals, and moved on to other instruments like harp, flutes, and drums. She did not have access to higher levels of instrumentation, and when a young griffin friend of hers named Nos smuggled her in an oboe she was severely punished, as she was forbidden contact with the outside world. Braith hated being constrained by these rules and ran away that night with the help of Nos and his younger sister Adar.

When wandering in the woods. she met a young manticore named Seirian, who also desired freedom. However, Braith was wary of her new "friend", as manticores are the mortal enemies of griffins. Seirian promised her that they could leave together with an ahuizotl named Cas, across the sea to the land of Equestria, but ahuizotls are even more shifty than manticores, and she refused. She never saw Seirian again after she was found by a search party several days later and taken home; she presumed she returned to the manticore lands, or was eaten by the ahuizotl.

Recognizing that their daughter was unhappy, her parents decided to allow her to take up smithing and mechanics with their blacksmith. While she found her passion in repairing instruments, Braith wanted to move onto greater things; Nos had had his leg repaired after a manticore attack by a pony who gave him a cybernetic limb. Braith studied this with great interest and eventually constructed her own. However, her parents beat her for this, and she was publicly shamed.

Shortly after, Nos was exiled, and his sister left with him; Braith now had no way to continue to study, as her leg had been smashed to bits. She eventually confronted her parents, who, after a terrible row, told her to leave, which she did.

Managing to get a ship across from the wilder lands of her home to Equestria was difficult, but she managed to, though it took her over a month to cross. In that time, she entertained fellow travelers with her musical skills, and helped the engineers on the deck with their repairs on the ship. She was 18 when she finally got her cutie mark after she completed her first instrument at her "forge", on her birthday.

Braith arrived and found work continuing to apprentice; she completed it early, shortly before she was 19, as she had started before she was 14, quite early. She moved to a small town and opened shop, where she met her friend Dyn, and practiced there. She continued to travel and enjoy herself, relishing the amazing wonders of Equestria after her simplistic growing up.

[colour=#006400]Sorry if this is bad, but not used to having to get "approval". :x[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Why does ": x" make such a grumpy face? D:[/colour]

Hello Bones! Before we take a look at your application, I recommend that you read some of the Pinned posts in this forum, particularly Rarity's Application Form. There's a few pointers in there that will help you get your application processed more easily. When you've read that post, and made the adjustments it recommends, mark your app as [Ready] in the title. Good luck!

Also, I wanted to add, you can RP any time you want in the Free-for-All section without an application. An Application is only required for the World of Equestria RP Section. This section has strict canon and character restrictions in place to maintain the world and the RP quality. FFA is wide open, and anyone can RP there, as long as you follow the general site rules.

(Not rp staff or anything like that) Hello! Nice character. I just wanted to point out that Rarity's Application Form states that you should not phrase your pony's age in numbers, as we have no official age scale for ponies. The age groups are foal (babies), filly/colt (roughly teenagers), and mare/stallion (adults). Good luck getting approved! :)

Also, anything that generates extra angst (being beaten by her parents and exiled, etc.) is not acceptable for WoE, as those are not in the spirit of the show, and on WoE they try to stick as close to canon as possible.

Also, anything that generates extra angst (being beaten by her parents and exiled, etc.) is not acceptable for WoE, as those are not in the spirit of the show, and on WoE they try to stick as close to canon as possible.

We appreciate your help Monochrome but we'd also really appreciate it if you let the RPH use absolutes like that as said in The Elements of Honesty ;)

:AJ: Don't be usin' absolute statements like can/can't/will/won't[colour=#CC5500].[/colour]

[colour=#CC5500]Leave it to the RP Helpers to decide what is okay in an application or not, which brings us to the next rule...[/colour]

[colour=#006400]I can kind of see why the numerical age thing isn't accepted, but the topic title doesn't seem to be of great importance. And apparently, I missed the rules; I couldn't find them, not used to a layout such as this, so sorry about that. This system is very odd to me, but I suppose I shall get used to it eventually. Anyways, completely canon stuff does not interest me in any way. *laughs* So I guess this is a good thing.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Were I to edit her age thing is she accepted?[/colour]

[colour=#006400]It's not general, there was a reason; she grew up in a different part of the world, hence why she may not be good for this section. But again, canon stuff is useless to me, so no matter. I can move on. My characters will generally be "too angsty" though really they aren't.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Thanks for the suggestions.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Didn't realize that would double-post, sorry.[/colour]

If anything near canon isn't your cup of tea, you could try FFA, which you don't have to be approved to roleplay in. :)

[colour=#006400]Made a topic there. However, do I still place my character applications in here?[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Made a topic there. However, do I still place my character applications in here?[/colour]

Yes, if you want to make an app for FFA for use as a character reference, it would be posted here. However apps should be clearly marked whether they are for FFA or WoE.

[colour=#006400]Braith is now a Free For All character. I have switched her due to the fact that the rules are simply not going to work for me in World of Equestria.[/colour]