The Fires of Friendship (Ended)

Lux

Fire Heart didn't really pay much attention towards what Pyro said as she focused on the two fireballs hurtled towards each other. The two met but as a slight explosion of magic erupted from where they collided. She pushed on the ball with all her magic as the two resisted each other. Then something happened: the two orbs melded into one fireball that grew to twice the size of the original state.

"We did it..." she said looking at the ball, "I guess the professor at school was right. Magic can't be created or destroyed, just altered. This fireball isn't just yours or mine. It's ours, sharing our magic. See if you can move it Pyro."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pyro watched the balls rush towards each other, causing a slight burst of magic as they collided. The resistance between them didn't last long as Pyro threw his magical force towards the balls, causing them to merge into a ball twice the size of the originals.

Pyro looked at it, a little surprised by the outcome. "It doubled in size? Interesting. If it's our magic, wouldn't that mean that neither of us could move it on our own? I'll still try though."

Pyro tried moving the ball, resulting in it stretching and deforming for about five minutes until he stopped trying, which caused the ball to snap back into shape.

"Well, that didn't work. let's see if it works the same for you."

Fire stared back at hers and Pyro blaze's work. The fireball remained stable, not shrinking, expanding, or showing and signs of exploding.

"Yeah, it is interesting. You made a good point though. If it's our magic can one move it or do both need to?"

She watched as the stallion attempted to move the ball to no avail.

"Alright, let me try," Fire Heart said as she tried to levitate the ball with her magic, Despite being adept to fire magic the ball remained immovable like a mountain. Finally after trying she relented.

"Ok. I think since it's both our magic that made this, both of us have to use our magic to move it. Let's try to raise the ball higher with out magic."

Pyro watched as Fire attempted to move the ball on her own, having even less luck than he did. He had made it stretch, but it looked like Fire wasn't doing anything to it.

"Hmm, neither of us can move it on our own, just as I thought." Pyro said as he thought about what kind of changes had occured by the magic combining.

"Okay, let's try it." Pyro said as he started to use his magic, the ball only slightly deforming since he wasn't using as much force as before.

"Alright then," Fire Heart said as she saw that Pyro had already started to use his magic to try and move the ball of fire. She tried to move it one way but found some resistance, like something was pulling in the opposite direction.

"Whoops, sorry," the red unicorn said, "Guess I tried moving this in the wrong direction. Alright, let me move it to where you were going."

She changed the direction of where she wanted to go with the fireball, following Pyro's lead. To her relief the ball moved as if it was made of practically nothing.

"Hey, it's working, and it seems that with two of us moving something it makes it easier. Ok, let's try to expand the ball. Not too big though as I don't want to have to explain to my teachers why I was playing with a big fireball."

Pyro laughed as Fire pulled the ball in the opposite direction than he was. Then when she changed direction, the ball moved with almost no effort at all.

"I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of ponies moving it, but more ponies typically make it easier to move something. I think, because it's a combination of our magic, that it can only be moved if we work together. Not too big? You're no fun Fire." Pyro said, smiling at the last part. "Okay, let's make this thing bigger then."

Pyro started to use his magic to add more fire to the ball in order to increase it's size, but his fire just floated around the outside of the ball.

"My magic by itself can't add to the ball, we must have to add to it at the same time."

Fire Heart smiled at the stallion when he mentioned making the fireball bigger as being fun. This pony appeared to her to have a wild side to him, and it appeared to work well with her desire to try new things.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Since this thing is tied to both our magics now we have to do everything involving it together. So let's expand the ball right now."

As Fire and Pyro used their magic, the fireball did indeed grow larger, now bigger bigger that either of the two unicorns. She admired her success with the little experiment and couldn't thank Pyro enough for going through with it.The problem was that this thing was starting to dip lower to the earth due to it's size and the older filly found it hard to keep it aloft in the air while making it grow. Soon it started to scorch the grass below it.

"Um... Pyro? I think we need to stop. This ball is getting too big. I think we need to start reducing it, because I don't know about you, but I can't have a fireball stored in my dorm room."

"Okay, let's do it." Pyro said as they started to make the ball grow. Pyro admired the ball as it grew bigger than either of them, until he noticed the ball started to get closer to the ground, it becoming harder and harder to keep the ball up.

"How is this thing getting heavier? Fire is just energy, so how does it gain weight?" Pyro said to himself, straining against the ball to keep it off the ground and failing slightly with each passing second. "Yeah, we need to get rid of this thing." Pyro said, laughing at the image of Fire keeping the ball in her room. "Okay, how do you propose we get rid of it? I thought we could throw it up into the air and make it explode when it's a safe distance away, but it's hard enough just keeping this thing off the ground, not to mention I don't know what kind of blast radius this thing would have if it were to blow."

"Oh well, carpe diem and all that." Pyro said, pushing against the ball with all the strength he could muster. As he did this, a magical surge entered into Pyro, making his eyes glow completely red. It wasn't very noticeable with his sunglasses on, but some of the glow shined out around the rim of his glasses Somehow, his effort caused the ball to split in half and his half to launch into the sky, exploding just below the cloud level. Luckily there weren't any Pegasus ponies nearby, or they might have been caught in the blast. The effort caused Pyro to fall over exhausted and dehydrated. Pyro's sunglasses fell off, revealing his eyes for a couple of seconds before they returned to normal. Pyro coughed for a couple of minutes before smiling and saying, "Well, that was interesting. Can I get some water please? I'm too tired to move right now."

"Yeah, I know," Fire Heart said as she tried to keep the ball aloft, "I Think it's our combined energy that's making it heavy."

Fire Heart pondered how to get rid of it, especially how Pyro proposed to do so. It was either that or try to draw the energy back into them, causing the ball to shrink. As she saw the stallion push against it, Fire Heart tried to separate her magic from his. Suddenly she felt a surge go through her, causing her body to suddenly be encased in a ball of flames. The ball suddenly split in half as Pyro's part was sent into the air and exploded. At the same time Fire began to draw the magic out of the fireball, shrinking it and transferring the energy back into her, fueling her already heightened magic. Finally the ball was gone but Fire Heart was now filled with an unstable amount of magic.

"Can't ... hold ... magic in. Need to release it!"

With a scream, the red unicorn shot a blast of flame from her horn into the air that lasted a few seconds, thankfully one that didn't hit any ponies. The excess magic was then depleted as the fire blast and the flames around her vanished. Fire Heart took a few steps before passing out, her body unable to cope with the abundance of energy and then having that energy suddenly depleted.

"Fire? Are you okay?" Pyro asked, looking over at the mare. She seemed to be in some distress, until she screamed and released a large spout of flame from her horn. "Fire!" Pyro yelled as she collapsed onto the ground. Coughing for a bit due to still being dehydrated from the surge. He didn't even know what had happened, the last thing he remembered was trying to launch the ball and Fire saying something about the weight being due to their combined energies, then it all went black and he heard an explosion. When he could see again, he was on the ground without his sunglasses and he couldn't move because he had no energy left to use on moving. Pyro had to just lie there and hope Fire was alright, or that another pony would come along and help. 'Somepony must have seen that display, even if I didn't see all of it myself.' Pyro thought to himself before he too passed out from exhaustion.

Fire Heart lay there, unable to move after the energy suddenly left her body. To her, it felt like that her body was in a deep sleep and her mind was cloudy. She could have sworn she heard Pyro shouting and hoped that he was ok. The last thing she remembered was the fireball going away and her launching the largest fire burst she had ever done! She hoped that he wasn't hit by the sudden blast, but as much as she tried to awake she was just too weak. She wondered if somepony would help the two. Otherwise she'd have to wait for however long it took for her energy to recover.

Sorry about the short post, but Fire really can't do anything yet like move or talk. To those reading this thread, if you want to drop in a pony for fun, be my guest.

Slowly Fire Heart's eyes opened, her body still unable to move much from her energy being depleted. She managed to lift her head and look around at what she could lying down. The place around her looked ok, albeit with a slightly scorched area of the grass where the massive fireball touched before being dispatched. Then she saw a familiar figure lying in the grass nearby, one that she instantly knew who it was.

"P...Pyro? Wake up Pyro! Oh if I caused him to be hurt buy my experiment than I don't know what I'd do!"

She wanted to go to him, to see if he was ok, but she found herself too weak to move let alone stand. Slowly she managed to at least sit up, hoping that the stallion would awake by the time she got her energy back to meet him.

Pyro floated in a dream world made entirely of fire, and he was completely immune to the licking tongues of flame that came up to him. Pyro couldn't move though, so he just sat there in a trance from all the fire around him. It seemed to go on forever until a voice cut through the noise of the flames.

"P...Pyro? Wake up Pyro! Oh if I caused him to be hurt buy my experiment than I don't know what I'd do!"

Pyro instantly snapped out of his trance and looked around for the source. "Fire? Where are you?" Pyro called. "I'm fine, but I have no idea where I am." Then all the flames disappeared and Pyro found himself lying on some hard surface in complete darkness. Pyro soon realized that the darkness was just from him having his eyes closed, so he slowly opened them and found himself lying in the park. Pyro slowly raised his head from the grass and looked around. Aside from the scorched grass in front of him, the park looked normal. Pyro saw Fire sitting up across from the scorched grass. Pyro groaned as he tried to sit up as well, but fell back down as he realized he still didn't have enough energy to even sit up. Pyro sighed then spoke to Fire.

"I'm fine Fire, how're you? I don't seem to have enough energy to even sit up." Pyro said, chuckling a bit to himself at the end of his sentence.

Fire Heart was happy to hear Pyro's voice, indicating that he was ok. She watched as the stallion tried to stand up but quickly gave up.

"Yeah, my energy is drained, but it's coming back. Sorry for making you pass out. I guess we bit off more than we could chew, didn't we? Guess that wasn't a good first impression I made causing you to pass out. Well, at least we found that we can cross our magic and create something big! And of course we met each other so I'd say it was a great day. Er... hopefully we can stand soon."

Pyro listened as Fire talked, apologizing for making him pass out. Pyro smiled and laughed to himself, feeling himself growing stronger with every second.

"It's not really your fault I passed out. If anything, we should be blaming those magical surges, they seem to be what drained our energy. But yeah, that was a bit much to handle. It was awesome, but a bit much. Yeah, this has been a pretty good day for me too. Between meeting you, going on a walk, and that whole thing just now, I've been having a great time! Okay, let's try this again."

Pyro jerked himself up and ended up in a sitting position. Pyro looked down at himself and smiled. "Well, I can sit up now, so that's good."

"You're right," Fire said with a smile, "Yeah, those magic surges were... a bit more awesome that I imagined them to be. Oh, I've had surges of magic before, but not like that! Maybe it was the two of us using our magic at the same and how our magic is similar one heightened the other. Anyway, had it not been for those surges, we might not have got rid of that fireball."

She smiled at Pyro's compliment about his day, thinking about how surprising and yet how wonderful it was.

"You know, I had a great time too, and I have to thank you for that. You are a really great pony Pyro, one who knows about my magic and is great to talk to."

The red unicorn watched as the stallion tried to sit up with great effort. The magic was a draining effect, one that wouldn't be fixed for a while.

"Well I'm glad to see you awake and sitting. How about when we are able to walk we can get a bite to eat. That magic took a lot out of me!"

She placed her hooves under her and slowly stood up. Pleased at her progress, the older filly tried to walk when her legs began to shake as if they were made of rubber until she was forced to sit down again.

"Hmm, I wouldn't really know about that. This is the only magic surge I've had since I discovered my fire magic back in school. Yeah, that fireball would probably still be here if not for the surges. That, or it might have just destroyed all the grass around here."

Pyro smiled at Fire when she complimented him, calling him a great pony.

"You're a great pony too, Fire. You're really nice, and it's fun hanging out with you. I'd love to get something to eat, I'm starving!"

Pyro saw Fire try to stand up and succeed. Pyro then attempted to stand as well. When he had finally gotten his hooves under him, Pyro pushed himself up and eventually made it to a standing position. Pyro smiled to himself as he saw Fire's legs wobbling, his own staying strong. When he tried to take a step however, his leg buckled and he ended up doing a somersault, stopping right in front of Fire's sitting form. Pyro looked up at her from the laying position he now found himself in and chuckled.

"Guess I'm not ready to walk yet. I feel like a foal trying to walk for the first time."

Fire Heart smiled at Pryo saying how he liked her. She knew this was the start of another beautiful friendship. She watched the stallion trying to stand and walk like she tried, but like her, his efforts proved to be just as unsuccessful.

"Looks like we still have to get some of our energy back,", she said looking down at the colt who lay flopped in a pile in front of her, "In the meantime what do you want to do with your talent after school? I know you said you worked with a band, but is that something you want as your future job? I only brought this up as I'm still thinking what to do with mine."

Pyro looked down as he got his hooves back underneath him and sat up. Pyro then looked at Fire and tilted his head.

"You want to know my plans for the future? Well alright then. Besides becoming a guard, I didn't really plan anything for the future. Take it one day at a time, right? I was actually planning on still doing the shows, but more as a side job, just like I'm doing now."

Pyro looked over Fire, thinking about what she could use her fire for. Eventually, Pyro smiled and said, "I suppose you could become a dancer. You did a really nice dance before, and I'm sure ponies would pay to see it if you charged them. I know I would pay to see it again."

"Hmm... a guard," Fire said as a memory surfaced, "You know I remember that there was a guard that was the first pony I knew that could do fire magic besides me of course. His name was Bonfire, and he helped me learn how to calm down to prevent any accidental flare ups with my magic. It's been a while since I met him though. You know I think you'd be a good guard as you look like you want to protect other ponies."

Fire Heart blushed slightly as Pyro said that she could be a dancer and that he would pay just to watch her dance again.

"Wow, you really think I could be a professional dancer? Actually dancing was something I learned from my mom. She used to dance professionally on stage, ballet mostly, and hundreds of ponies would pack the theaters to watch her. Then when she had me she retired from the professional scene saying that she wouldn't trade being with me for anything, not even her talent. After I was older and able to be home, my mom became a dance instructor, inspiring fillies and colts to love dance like she did. Even in her busy time at the dance studio she would always take the time to teach me. I guess sometime I figured I could try mixing my fire magic with dancing."

"This Bonfire sounds like a good pony. Personally, I've never met him, but he sounds nice." Pyro said, looking up at the sky while trying to imagine Bonfire. Pyro smiled when Fire said he'd make a good guard and looked back at her. "Thanks Fire. I try to protect others when they need it, but there's only so much one pony can do, you know?" Pyro said, sighing at the end.

Pyro smiled at Fire as she blushed and talked about her dancing past.

"Of course I do. You're a great dancer, and the flames just make it better. Your mom sounds a lot like mine. My mom is a teacher as well, but she's a school teacher, so it's not quite the same. She teaches young unicorns to control their magic, and she loves it. She would tutor me after school and help with my magic, so I was ahead of pretty much everypony in my classes. Of course, the one year I had her as my official teacher was the year I discovered my fire magic. I had almost destroyed one of her desks, but she was pretty cool with it. She stopped the fire before it did too much damage, so that was good."

"Yeah I guess my mom does sound the same," Fire said listening as she tried to get back up on her four hooves, "Your mom sounds really nice. I'd like to have had her as my teacher in school. So, maybe dancing is what i want to do with my talent. I did think about something else though, about teachin magic to fillies and colts. That way they can learn how to grow and control their magic. What do you think? Is that something you can see me doing?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Yeah, she is really nice. She's a great teacher too, too bad you didn't have her." Pyro said, managing to stand again. "Hmm, you as a teacher. Yeah, I can see you as a teacher. You look like you're good with kids, and you know what you're doing. I bet you'd make a great teacher, just like our moms. Hows it coming with trying to stand?"

(yay, computer access has been restored.)

Archived