The Fires of Friendship (Ended)

Lux

The red unicorn was happy that Pryo thought that she maybe a good teacher of magic. It was something that she pondered in school throughout her classes. She had a firm grasp on what her talent was and was progressively learning to control it. Figuring out what to do with her magic was an entirely new challenge to explore. Teaching and dancing it appeared were two things that she loved being involved with and hopefully she would in the future decide what to do.

"Thanks Pyro. I never really taught any ponies about magic, but maybe one day I will."

Upon asking whether she was able to stand the filly found herself able to get up on her hooves fairly easily. She then cautiously took a stem, then another, and another.

"I think I can walk now. Not sure about trotting or galloping though, but I don't want to risk falling over. How are you doing with getting your energy back?"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm sure you'd do great if you tried it Fire." Pyro said to Fire, watching her as she stood up easily.

Pyro watched her take a small walk around the area before she spoke. Pyro nodded before attempting to walk as well. The attempt went very well, Pyro didn't fall over at all as he took step after step. Pyro stopped next to Fire and nodded before smiling.

"Great, apparently. So we can both walk now, you want to go see what we can find to eat? I'll walk slower for you so you don't have to speed up and risk falling over. I'm ready to leave whenever you are."

"Looks like we both got our strength back," Fire said seeing the stallion able to walk, "That's good. For a moment I thought I would somepony to help carry me back to my dorm. At least I know that even with such a complex spell and then trying to undo it, it didn't take long for us to recover. Not sure if I want to try that again though as it was weird and great at the same time."

The red unicorn thought about where to go for lunch, trying to remember where everything was around the school.

"Well, there's a coffee shop called the Happy Bean, but they just sell things to drink. There's also the Golden Ladle but that's a really expensive place. Oh, there's the Sandwich and Shake Shack. How does that sound?"

"Looks like we did. Although it would be kind of funny to have to be carried back home." Pyro said, chuckling at the image of his parents reacting to him being carried home. "Anyways, that did feel pretty weird and great. It didn't take long at all to recover our energy. Even so, we probably shouldn't try that again, you're right."

Pyro watched Fire as she listed off different places they could go. Pyro thought about the choices presented to him, trying to remember if he had been there before.

"Sandwich and Shake Shack? Don't think I've been there, but it sounds pretty good to me. You'll have to lead me there, I don't know where it is."

"Ok, the Sandwich and Shake Shop it is," Fire said trying to think about where she was in relationship to where the restaurant would be, "Ok, so we're at Clover Park, so I think that if go straight then right we'll make it there. I admit that I haven't been there in a while, probably a month ago, so I don't know exactly where it is, only the name. I mainly have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the school. But you know, even if we get lost it'll be getting lost together as friends! So anyway, let's try this way."

Fire Heart began to trot in the direction that she figured the cafe was from her memory, hoping it was still open and in the place she thought it would be.

"Straight then right, got it. It's always better to get lost with friends than it is to be lost alone or with strangers." Pyro said, following Fire as she walked towards where she thought the shop would be.

"So, you like this shop we're going to? or do you even remember what it's like, seeing as you've been away from it for awhile." Pyro said, turning his head towards Fire as they walked along the street.

"Exactly," Fire Heart replied to Pyro's mentioning about getting lost, "Of course, Canterlot is an easy place to get lost in if you haven't lived here long. Even though I grew up here there are times that I might go down the wrong street or miss where a certain shop is. As for the shop, I think I remember liking it, although like I said it was a few months ago since I went there. But I usually don't remember the bad places, just the good ones to eat at."

The two finally crossed the park and ended up on a cobblestone street with a row of buildings in front of them. The only way they could go was either left or right which Fire spent several minutes looking up and down each side to figure out which way to go.

"I think the place is... left. So, let's go that way."

"I know what you mean. Sometimes I get lost in the city too. Good thing I can just teleport home if I need to." Pyro said, chuckling. "Yeah, I suppose the good places are better to remember. Although, if a place is bad enough, it sticks in your memory anyways."

Pyro looked up and down the street they found themselves on as they exited the park. Pyro was trying to figure out where they were in relation to the places he went most of the time. That was pretty much how he navigated, finding places based on their relation to places he knew well.

"Left? Alright, let's go." Pyro said, turning left and trotting off down the street.

"Wait, you can teleport? Wow, that's really rare! I know of only a few ponies who can do that. Wish I knew how as that would make getting to class really easy! Anyway, you're right about bad places, althought i haven't vbeen to really bad ones, just a few that were ok, places that I don't really remember."

Fire Heart turned left on the road and tried to remember where she was in relation to the restaurant.

"Ok, so Clover Park is over there and Princess Celestia's School is close by. I think I remember a fountain that was near the restaurant, but where was that? Oh I wish I had a map with me!"

"Well not right now. I still feel too tired to try teleporting very far. Yeah, I think the only pony I know that can do it is Mom. I'm not sure if Dad can do it though." Pyro said, looking over at Fire as they walked. Pyro smiled at her comment about teleporting making it easy to get to class. "It would, if I needed it. As it is, I get to class in plenty of time without teleporting. Besides, by the time I know the rooms well enough to teleport to them, the school year's half over and I've already found out good paths to get to them on time. It does come in handy for when I'm almost late though."

Pyro listened to Fire try to figure out where the restaurant was, placing the locations in his mental map of the city.

"Near a fountain? hmmm, I think there's a fountain further down the road. A map would certainly help right now."

Fire Heart nodded at the fact that Pyro was incapable of teleporting at the moment. The spell they created took a lot out of them, more than they both imagined as nown their magic was rendered ineffective.

"Yeah, I don't think that I can even cast a fire spell after what happened in the park. And you're right, maybe it is easier to find everything else by just walking around. Still I think it would be neat to learn how to do so."

Thankfully Pyro recognized the mentioning of a fountain, a familiar landmark and perhaps a clue to where they needed to go.

"Yeah, I knew a map would help. But I guess we have to go by landmarks. But you said it is nearby so hopefully we can find the cafe."

Sure enough the red unicorn could see a fountain depicting eight fish with water flowing from their mouths.

"I thing this is it. Help me look for the restaurant."

Pyro chuckled as Fire said she couldn't even cast a fire spell. He felt largely the same way as she did. Pyro was still too tired to try any kind of magic past levitation, which really didn't take much energy to do for light things.

"Teleporting is a pretty nice skill, but it can be hard to learn. I'm surprised you haven't tried to learn before now, if you think it would be a good thing for you to know."

Pyro nodded at Fire's words as they came into view of the fountain. Pyro started looking around at the buildings near the fountain, searching for the restaurant that Fire had mentioned.

"Where are you, come on, where are you?" Pyro said while looking around at the surrounding buildings, his stomach growling every now and then to remind him of his hunger. "I know, I know, you want food. kindly be quiet, would you?" Pyro said under his breath at his growling stomach.

"Oh I have tried to teleport before, both trying to do so with myself and with an object, but it didn't work. I'm not giving up though as I hope I can learn it while in Princess Celestia's School."

The two unicorns split up looking for the elusive restaurant. The older filly couldn't help but giggle as Pyro talked to himself and the to his growling stomach.

"Ok, so at the fountain, but then where. It wasn't another fountain, was it?"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a growl from her stomach that trumped even Pyro's stomach, she turned redder with embarrassment at the the unmarelike sound befoe searching again.

"The fountain is right, I know it! There are four streets leading into this area, and we just came from one. Pyro, check down one of the streets and I'll look down another. I think the restaurant is one one of the streets leading to the fountain."

Pyro hummed slightly when Fire said that she had tried it before. Pyro kept looking for the restaurant, pausing as he heard Fire giggle. Pyro glanced back at her and smiled, listening in as she spoke, presumably to herself. Pyro laughed as Fire's stomach emitted a loud growl, making Fire blush. Pyro nodded at Fire's plan to split up in their search.

"All right, good luck."

Pyro made his way down the road that was closest to him, looking at the stores on both sides of the street and dodging other ponies as he went.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." Pyro said as he looked at the signs over each store. Pyro was starting to get frustrated with this search. After multiple other failures to find what he was searching for, Pyro stomped a hoof in annoyance and stopped walking.

"Ugh, where is this place? Wait, is that it? Nope, moving on." Pyro muttered before continuing down the road.

The two ponies went down separate streets, hoping to find the elusive cafe. She could hear Pyro saying "no" each time he found something but what they were looking for.

"Ok, house, bakery, another house, shop, ugh! Where is this place?"

She began to wonder if she went to the wrong part of the city or since the last time she went there the cafe has closed. Just when she was about to give up, she saw that familiar sign.

"Yes! Hey Pyro, I found it!"

Pyro sighed as he heard Fire having the same problem as him. He continued further down the street, seeing every kind of building but the one he wanted.

"Seriously, where is this place? Why is this so hard to find?" Pyro asked, somewhat aggrivated by his failure, to nopony in particular.

Pyro grinned and his stomach let out a sound that sounded almost like approval as Fire announced that she had found the place. Pyro looked at his stomach strangely for a second before deciding that the sound was his imagination. He shrugged and started back towards Fire, dodging around ponies going the other way.

Pyro said various things to the effect of "excuse me" as he made his way through the flow of ponies. Pyro eventually made it back to Fire before looking at the restaurant that they had been looking for.

"Cool, let's get to it then." Pyro said, entering the restaurant.

Fire waited as Pyro made his way back to her through the crowd. She was glad that the two were able to find the place which seemed to elude them.

"There you are. Sorry for not remembering where this place was. I'm usually good with keeping things in order in my mind. Guess that spell we did kind of temporarily zapped my brain. Anyway let's go in!"

The Sandwich and Shake Shack was a typical looking diner style restaurant with a long counter with stool seats and plenty of comfortable booths. From a nearby record player, music played in the restaurant, mixing in with the conversation between ponies. It wasn't a formal place by any stretch of the imagination, a place where anypony could gather for something to eat and to converse.

"So where would you like to sit," Fire said pointing at the sign that said "Please Seat Yourself."

"It's fine. It's not like I remember directions that well either." Pyro said, chuckling a bit. He tilted his head to the side when Fire said the spell might have messed up her brain. "Hmm, I don't know. I suppose it could have, I have no idea the extent of what that spell did."

Pyro looked around at the place as they entered. It looked like a very nice place to hang out. 'I should come here more often.' Pyro thought.

He looked at the available seats when Fire asked where they should sit, eventually deciding on one of the empty booths around the place.

"How about there?" Pyro asked, indicating his choice of seat and looking at Fire questioningly.

Fire Heart could only shrug about whether the spell affected her thinking. Fulfilling her hunger was what mattered now.

"How about there?"

"Sounds like a plan," Fire replied as she sat across from the stallion. There were already menus on the table offering sandwiches, fried veggies, salads, and desserts like milk shakes, "So while we check out the menu, are you having fun so far today?"

Pyro nodded as Fire agreed with his choice of seat. He made his way over to the booth and sat across from her before looking at the menu. He examined the choices while he listened to Fire's question, smiling slightly when she finished.

"Yeah, this has been fun. Certainly more interesting than most of my walks around the city." Pyro said in response to Fire before looking up at her. "How about you? Are you having fun today?" Pyro asked the mare.

Pyro looked back at his menu as he waited for a response, examining the choices he had for food. They all looked good to him, and he wasn't sure what he should get. He eventually decided on one of the sandwiches on the menu before putting it down.

"Oh I definitely had a fun time," Fire Heart replied smiling at Pyro's comment, "I think that today was kind of an adventure. I mean we met each other, learned something new, and got lost for a little. And most of all we had fun."

She then looked at the menu, trying to remember what she ate the last time she came to the restaurant.

"Oh, now I remember, this place does make a good grilled veggie sandwich, and their shakes are out of this world! Have you found something you like here?"

"This was definitely an adventure." Pyro said, nodding at Fire's assessment of the day.

He watched her for a bit as she looked the menu over, seemingly trying to remember something at the same time. He simply shrugged and looked away from Fire a couple of seconds before she spoke, causing Pyro to look back at her.

"Well, since I've never been here before, I don't know what I do or don't like on the menu. That sandwich you mentioned does look pretty good though, I'll probably have that." Pyro said, glancing down at his menu to read about the grilled vegetable sandwich Fire had mentioned. "As for shakes, I'm having the strawberry one."

Fire Heart noticed that Pyro was thinking about something that he wanted to say but ended up just speaking about his food options.

"Alright then, I'll have the same sandwich and a chocolate shake," she said closing the menu. The waitress approached and took their orders and their menus. For a short moment the red unicorn spent in a silence thinking about what she wanted to know about the pony. She learned about how he got his cutie mark, what he liked to do, and most importantly his talent.

"So, Pyro, what's your favorite subject in school? I know I have a lot of classes each week."

"Sounds good." Pyro said before the waitress aproached and took their orders.

He looked around again as a silence settled between him and Fire, who seemed to be thinking about something. When she spoke, Pyro looked back at her and started thinking about his classes in school.

"I'm not really sure which one would be my favorite. I guess elemental magic would be closer to being my favorite than the rest of them, but I don't really have a clear cut favorite, as far as magic goes. For non-magical classes, I like P.E. the best." Pyro said after awhile. "What's your favorite?"

"You're right, elemental magic is a neat class as I study about fire magic there."

Fire wondered about which class was the one she enjoyed the most. Granted she knew that she was going to have to answer her own question, but it was not so easy trying to analyze her classes she learned.

"Gee... You know now that you ask I'm not really sure which class I like. I like elemental magic and also the class on magical history. But the best has to be the application of magic. Guess it helps me to learn how to apply my magic. Like I said, it's not that I can actually use it except for maybe lighting a few fireplaces."

Archived