Thoughts that will make somepony's day/life

As the title suggests, post some awesome, funny, etc thoughts that will make somepony's day. For example... If you ever think mythology is boring, ponder this. The three-headed guard dog of the underworld is Cerberus, which comes from the Greek word kerberos, which means "spotted". Yup, Hades, lord of the underworld, literally named his dog Spot. :D

For any lovers of cute things, here's something that'll make your day. :)

In the bushland of Southern and Eastern Africa lives a breed of antelope called a Dik-dik. They're basically a sort of miniature antelope, how miniature? Well, here's a bit of size comparison for you.

dikdik-skydotcom.jpg

Dunno why this random thought came into my head :blush: But I hope it got a d'aww out of some of you and brightened up your day somewhat :)

If not....maybe this'll do it!

dik_dik_furry_creature_by_ramalamacreatures-d5wqpwz.jpg

(Must thank Quicklime for bringing knowledge of this cute thing to me :kissy: )

tumblr_mf0m2pTraR1qz6t17o1_500.jpg

The hedgehog got its name because of its peculiar foraging habits. They root through hedges and other undergrowth in search of their favourite food - small creatures such as insects, worms, centipedes, snails, mice, frogs, and snakes. As it moves through the hedges it emits pig-like grunts — thus, the name hedgehog.

Hedgehogs have about five thousand spines. Each spine lasts about a year then drops out and a replacement grows. The spines are hollow and springy with a flexible neck and they are erected by muscles, meaning that a hedgehog is actually very soft to hold unless it's feeling threatened. At the base there is a smooth ball which bends on impact. There may be up to 500 fleas on one hedgehog but the specific hedgehog flea (known as Archaepsylla erinacei) rarely bites humans.

Well since it's for ponies...

shetland-pony-picture-6.jpg

These are Shetland Ponies, ponies that are about the size of a large dog. Aren't they cute!

Oh, you want words of advice?

Ok, this was actually from a fortune cookie, but it fits my life so well that I kept the fortune. It reads, "Be brave enough to live creatively."

Mommy wolf spiders lay their eggs on their abdomens, carry the egg sac around, then carry the newborn spiderlings piggyback until they're ready to venture off into the wild. I caught one in my bathroom last night with passengers and let her go outside.

Dedicated parenting from a species notorious for savage cannibalism!

0jQHJPk.jpg