Earthbound (Finished)

Lux

"Jolly good!" Mojo neighed, "everypony kindly step back from the wagon please, need ta give it a good kick!"

"Well I'm sure that you will get better. Mom always tells me that practice makes perfect. That's why she encourages me to fly as much as I can to keep practicing it."

"I do confess that magic is not my field of expertise, but I could help you perform the basic, simple functions of everyday magic such as levitation," the lanky unicorn mare nurse spoke, "sometimes when a unicorn can master the easier tasks, the more complex ones become more accessible."

"Up until a few years ago, I was a top flying candidate at my Young Flyer's School. My parents were really pushy, making me practice all the time even though I told them repeatedly that I wanted to sing and play music instead. Long story short, I purposely lost in my final race and it made my parents furious! When we got home, they were going to punish me good until I ran over to our big grand piano and started to play Haytoveen's Fifth Symphony perfectly. I had been secretly taking music lessons and when they heard how well I could play, they could finally see how hard they'd been to me. Then they supported my bid to the Academy of Performing Arts. I don't know how well you can fly, Snow Dancer, but if flying well is your dream, then go for it!"

The painter from Trottingham gave a nod as she heard Mojo's declaration. Leaping off of the wagon and landing quite gracefully on the ground before looking back to the pony's talking to her "Well that's just it. Back at the manor my parent's 'ad me practicin' almost all the time, sorta like yers Jubilee... although mine weren't angry because I didn't know what else ta do beside follow what they told me ta do. They kept tellin' me I was gonna be one of the greatest magic users in history and that I had so much potential and junk like that... so Imagine their disappointment when they found out I couldn't use levitation with messin' it up." the mare looked down sadly,"Once I got my cutie mark though I asked If I could travelin' and eventually said yes... I still kinda feel like I let 'im down though." with a quiet sniffle she looked back up and put on a smile.

"But enough about me! I'm really glad things are workin' out fer ya Jubilee!" it was clear she was trying to change the subject as she turned to mojo."So, mojo ya ready ta let me see some o' yer stuff?"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow Dancer flew back at Mojo's request. She was amazed when the wagon she once rode upon unfolded into a traveling store. It reminded her a little of the market stalls in Ponyville only this place could go anywhere!

"Wow that was amazing! Did you build this wagon all by yourself to do this?"

As she followed the group to the foot of the stairs, she heard Starflower talk to Presteza about her magic, offering to teach the basics. Although she wasn't a unicorn, Snow Dancer understood that learning simple tasks led to learning more complex things.

"Exactly Star, I learned that a pony has to learn to trot before they can gallop."

The blue Pegasus then heard from Jubilee about how she decided not to stay at the flight school to pursue her dreams of being a piano player. She understood now that Jubilee had another dream in mind while at the school which was why she ended up leaving.

"Now I understand. It seems that you found your dream though in the end Jubilee. I'm not looking to be a top flyer like how you were in school though. I just want to get better so I don't crash. My real passion is one day working in the snow area of the Weather Factory."

Presteza then mentioned how she practiced with her parents but her skills didn't work.

"Well maybe magic isn't your talent. Maybe it's something else like your drawing. I don't think that your parents are upset though if they love you."

"That's be groovy, Miss Presteza!" Mojo neighed happily. "I'll gladly show ya all I got!"

Mojo then turned to Snow Dancer to answer her question.

"That I did, Snow Dancer. Carpentry's one of the many skills me parents taught me back on the family farm. I based it on the design of the last foldable wagon they built. Sold it to some blue unicorn gal as I recall. Anyhow, up we go, let me show you and Presteza around!"

"Mojo loves to give tours to visitors," added Jubilee as the Pegasus mare hovered above the group.

"I better keep a close eye on him," Starflower muttered as the lanky unicorn mare followed the rest of the group to the top deck of Mojo's wagon.

"Here's some of me best sellin' things," the Paint stallion said as he directed their attention to several tall sets of shelves. "Over here's some hoofmade lava lamps! Dig all those funky colors! Makin' the glass casing's the easy part, stuffin' all that lava inta the lamps, that's the tricky part! Up here's some of me best hoofmade sculptures. Each is a one of a kind creation. I chisled this statue of Princess Celestia outta solid granite."

"But that looks nothing like her," Starflower whispered.

"Sure it does, it's called artistic license," Jubilee whispered back defensively.

"I also carry some groovy lookin' love bead necklaces, mood bracelets, shag rugs, and on the walls, you gals can see some of me most recent paintings!"

There were three paintings on the wall. One looked like a Picasso-style version of Princess Luna, the other two looked more like typical 'pop art' will many funny lines and color mixes.

"Don't forget to show'm your books of poetry!" Jubilee shouted.

"Quite right, wings, I do have three volumns of poems I wrote," Mojo said as he reached up on a shelf and took a book down. "Here's me first one! Shall I read ya some of me works?"

Archived