Help Me I Don't Know What- I Mean, "Hello"

Azurespark

Greetings, Canterlot.com and all her inhabitants!

I'm going to tell you a quick story: Once upon a time, I used to RP a whole bunch, with some people I did know and others I'd come to know as friends. A few of them I still know to this day. It was fun, and freeing, though I never thought I was all that good at it. Still, over time, I began to at least think that I was getting better and better. The only problem was that, while RP-ing was fun, I didn't always have anyone to RP with. Even if I did, premises were sometimes hard to come by. And even if I did come up with a premise, I've always been not-so-keen on running such an endeavor for fear of screwing up.

But then I thought, what is RP but collaborative writing? Rather than RP something by myself, couldn't I channel these ideas into something fun and productive? A story or two, perhaps.

That's how I got into writing, fanfiction and otherwise.

The problem? I've burned out. I hit a roadblock, a bit of a fumble with my writing, and I lost my rhythm, motivation, and muse. So now I turn back to my roots: RP. I'm no doubt 'rusty', to put it mildly, but I'm sure if I just work at it a bit I can get right back into the swing of things. And from there, maybe I can work to re-find my incentive to write stories. Even better, I'd hope to maybe meet some new friends along the way ~

Anyway, with that story out of the way, and soon this introduction, I assume that leaves me with the task of putting together a character profile or two. Or more. I've written and/or come up with a goodly amount of ponies in my spare time, so I have a lot I could choose from. Don't worry though, I'm not mad; I'll stick with just a few to start until I get the hang of things.

I should get on that, shouldn't I? Ah, well. Once again, hello new potential world of role-playing; I hope to enjoy my stay, and I hope it will be enjoyable for those I meet as well.