a new settlement in the badlands ep1 (open to everypony)

LeCountryBrony

In a pine forest in the badlands GoldDigger and a few other ponies all each having different talents in trades decided to start a settlement. Having built a home big enough to fit everypony for the night the group gathered round to decide how to build the settlement ."Alright everypony" said GoldDigger. "we need everypony who knows a trade to help build this new settlement. Secondly we need a name for it". "I would prefer that if there are any carpenters or lumberjacks here to build there shops first to help build the rest of the community". "are there any questions or ideas?" asked GoldDigger (ponies to be played as "Citizen pony unlimited needed", "lumberjack pony 1-2", "carpenter pony 1","mason pony 1","talior pony 1","doctor pony 1","farmer pony 1-4" and anything else you can think of) Don't be shy join in :) (you don't have to ask to play as one just choose one start playing and when I see it ill edit it off the list

• 2 weeks later...

Moonbeam moved closer to the center of the group, "I'm afraid I can't be of much help then. Not yet anyways. But I warn you all in construction, please be careful. I may know how to heal, but that doesn't mean I'd like to." Moonbeam ended on a more stern note. His knowledge of medicine was good, great even, but he hated having lives on the line. "But should anyone feel sick or anything like that let me know, I'll be more than glad to help," Moonbeam ended with a smile, hopefully this would be a place they could all thrive.

(i would be glad to be a blacksmith) Infinite looked over his shoulder while setting down his travel bags full of scrap metal, grumbling and wiping the sweat beads off his forehead, hearing the pony has stopped speaking the blue Pegasus walks over, the shade quickly cooled him off as he stopped, "i would be happy to help supply some tools sir" he said with a light, very faint smile.

The blue pegasus went through the forest before reaching a pond where he set his stuff down, opening up the saddlebags and rumaging through them for a whilee "so..tell me, what is your name and how did you get here?"

Moonbeam watched as the two pegasi headed off into the woods, "I do hope they dont get into any trouble, but I should check my supplies as well." He walked over to where the medical equipment was. Gauze, syringes, slings, all the trauma equipment was here. "I'll have to go to the forest with somepony to start gathering herbs soon."

Months past, having a blacksmiths shop and carpenters shop open homes soon began to be built up all around. Until it was a village of 7 homes, GoldDigger stood back staring at the growing community "its all coming along nicely!" he said to himself out loud. But there work had only began, winter was fast approaching.... and in the badland's forests it got bitterly cold and they still needed to cut fire wood for the fireplaces to keep the ponies all warm and a road to the nearest civilization as they need a way to get food and other stuff into the village because they had only brought what each pony could carry

(I'll be a farmer)

Dust Storm spread out his wings to stretch.

"We should probably construct an indoor farm or two so we can be prepared when winter comes. All we need to do is keep the place warm and moist."

He was preparing for when his outdoor crops died before he even planted them.

"Dust storm is it?" Moonbeam asked of the farmer pony. "Do you know how to grow any of these herbs," Moonbeam held up a list with magic, "for the upcoming winter we're going to need plenty of these to prevent infection and sickness. I hope that isn't going to be a problem," Moonbeam said trying not to sound overbearing but still trying to get across how important these herbs were.

The blue pegasus pony slammed the hammer against the iron plate, causing a ringing noise as he sighed, slowly setting the hammer down as he sniffed the cold, crisp, winter air, smiling to himself as he looked toward the saddlebags next to the anvil. Pulling them out of its hiding spot and going through them real quick as he picked up a frame with cracked glass, looking at the picture within it, it seemed a bit blurred but nerveless it was the only picture with him and his sister.

"Nice," Moonbeam replied. "I hope I didn't insult you, I have the highest faith the you can cultivate these." Moonbeam began to explain the list to Dust Storm, explaining in short detail what each herb was good for, be it for colds, fever, bellyache, and the like. "I don't think many of these favor well in the cold though, so we may need that indoor farm you mentioned. I'll help in any way of course," Moonbeam said.

"Stormchaser!" Moonbeam called. "I think we may all need your help."

Stormchaser was walking by where the farm was going to be when he heard his name.Stormchaser look around to see who call for him and he said Moonbeam trotting to him when he got there he said "I think we may all need your help." "what can i do for you this evening moonbeam" asked Stormchaser

"Yea I can but without a pony to cut down wood for me it will take longer I would guess I would have it sometime have it done sometime during winter" said storm chaser as he reach into h his saddlebag to write down his order and sticking around a bit longer to see if he want to said anything else to him if not he continue his walk threw town