[Dragon] Desmond Reznov

Name: Desmond Reznov

Sex: Male

Species: Dragon (Similar to Western)

Eye Color: Red

Physique & Colors: Desmond has red and blue scales, long spikes on the back of his head. He walks on four legs, and has two wings.

Residence: N.A. He is a nomad, moves from place to place when he feels that it is time to go.

Character Summary: Before his birth, he was abandoned with his brothers and sisters in their nest. Who were later found by hitchhiking ponies, and were soon taken to an orphanage in Canterlot. He was bought and taken to Ponyville, raised by ponies. In his infant life, he disregarded school and instead traveled to the mountains, forest, and other regions deemed unsafe for most in Ponyville. He craved the thrill of chasing the animals, and wrestling the cubs while the mamma bear was away, he fulfilled the acts what his race was meant to do. He was having the time of his life, and he never wanted to stop.

But his step parents thought otherwise. They told him that there is more than life than the acts he made, and that if he wanted to fit in to the society he lived in, he would have to live, and learn the way they did. So Desmond took that lecture as a decision as to either fit in, or get out. So that night, not even packing his toys or food, he ran off into the night, to live his life as a wild, dangerous beast.

Sometime later, into his adolescent life, Desmond managed to do fine on his own. He managed to get food every night, and survived through the day. But, he felt emptiness inside. It's during the day when he would find the thrill of survival, but at night he would be pampered and loved by his family. So every night, his emotions would downcast until he awoke in the morning, where the cycle would repeat again. The problem is, his sorrow would fall deeper and deeper, until his tears turned to sobs. He then came to the conclusion that the sadness that he felt at night was too much to bear to be able to receive the happiness and excitement in the day.

(I decided to revamp his background story because I was disgusted by his previous one, it felt unrealistic, and... well I hated it, I will also revamp his personality. I will finish the revamp tomorrow.)

Is this application intended for the Main RP, or were you looking to use it in the crossover? If you were hoping to play it in the Main RP, we've limited dragons to baby dragons (Like Spike) to young Teenagers (Barely the size of a pony). Anything larger is being limited to staff-only and specially designated individuals for special RP purposes, due to the fact that these larger characters tend to be entirely too overpowered for any normal roleplay purposes.

Yes I have, and I wanted to ask if a hybrid between a Dragon and a phoenix is alright. It's not exactly a made up character, rather just a mixture of two.

There's been no evidence of crossbreeding in Equestria in the show, at least not beyond non-equine characters (As in true nature, Equine and Relations such as Zebras and Donkeys can interbreed), a dragon and a phoenix is a rather unusual and very unlikely combination. As such, we don't really think they're possible in the context of the show or the Main RP, which is why we suggested it possibly for the Crossover area. As your dragon seems to be more dragon than pheonix, removing the crossbreeding reference won't significantly change the appearance or intention of the character, we feel, so the only real issue is the size and special powers you've assigned him.

We're also trying to shy away from putting hard numbers in ages, as we don't even really know how long a day or even a year in Equestria is, or how long ponies live (Much less any other character). The rest of the special powers seems a bit too Mary Sue, there's been no evidence that dragons can control things with telekinesis even among the three dragons we've seen thus far (Spike, the Red and the Green, and all of them seem to be the same stereotypical fire-breathing sort), though Lightning could theoretically be allowed as it might fit within the guidelines we've established. Lightning, Cold, and Fire could work (Though these are D&D-assigned powers...but not inconcievable as part of magic) but each dragon specializes in singular elements. So I would recommend picking one and sticking with it.

But as for his size, if he's intended for a special RP, we may allow him in that regard, but we would like to see a regular RP pony first that we can approve in order to establish you in the regular Roleplay group, as well as having a character you may be able and capable of playing when not using Desmond in the special RP.