Getting fired for being a Brony?!

SilverSwirl

Seriously ridiculous, people should respect it!

Not only that, I'm pretty sure some people brought in some religious items like Jesus' picture to work, but yet, I notice the boss and other colleagues tend to bully back. I was a victim to such bullying. :(

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't occur to me, the source of the entire article is by some guy on Reddit who has only ever made a single post (That being the story in discussion), not to mention the rather dubious grammatical errors that can be seen throughout.

Even if he was fired, his boss couldn't just fire him for liking something that is against the norm, that is completely illogical from a business standpoint and is begging to be followed up for a lawsuit. Sorry guys, either he is downright fabricating this story, or he is telling a white lie and not explaining the entire truth of why he was fired.

I know of an openly gay wrestler who works for the WWE, so, they shouldn't have a problem with a Brony :razz:

Um? Being a homosexual and liking a certain tv show are two completely different characteristics.

Being fired is completely ridiculous and yet unreasonable, that's for sure, but bullying is a possibility.

These kinds of hoaxes are easily believed just the same as like that years ago which a chain mail shows that a woman died after drinking a soda can contaminated with rat pee.

I don't really see any reason to doubt it, actually. In some states (I understand this is actually most of them) in the USA, you can indeed be fired for *anything* that isn't specifically prohibited by law. There are some areas where it's common for companies to fire any employee who smokes or drinks *on their days off*. So it wouldn't be inviting a lawsuit, because the employer in this case would have done nothing illegal.

The only thing I notice and remember since years ago, well, it's in the Mythbusters, if companies get an employee check-up and found that they have taken some drugs, they're fired. Drugs are not from your typical illegal ones from cartels, I mean by I heard some bakery products like bread and cake made with poppy seeds.

That person definitely has a lawsuit on his hands. One that is very likely for him to win. If this is a true case, that is.

As for jobs and bronies, I know several friends in the military who are bronies, and they don't get hastled about it.

This makes me quite uncomfortable pursuing my first job. I'm worried enough about being able to hold one down from a general perspective; I'll be in serious trouble if I end up in a prejudicial place like this guy did.

Its very easy to not let people at your work know about your personal life If you don't bring it up they don't know about it

Its very easy to not let people at your work know about your personal life If you don't bring it up they don't know about it

Better safe than sorry, just come to work and act normal, no need to bring any stuff and show you're whatever fan of the show or whatever religion you worship, etc... Once they see you with those, they may begin to persecute you. After all, you come to work is to work, not to show off that you have been playing at home. :(

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's not fair.

I want to categorize it under the same thing as being gay or of a different race. It's an unfair discrimination. If it's something that can't disrupt work flow or anything of the sorts, it should be fine. A lot of people really don't care, as long as they get what they came to the company for.

That's pretty much how I see it, anyways. :?

It's not fair.

I want to categorize it under the same thing as being gay or of a different race. It's an unfair discrimination. If it's something that can't disrupt work flow or anything of the sorts, it should be fine. A lot of people really don't care, as long as they get what they came to the company for.

That's pretty much how I see it, anyways. :???:

This is discrimination but it's nowhere NEAR the level of being the same level of being gay or a different race, Bronies are still allowed to vote, they can get married, and no brony has ever been enslaved for being different =I

• 2 months later...

Archived