The Empty Foal Infection (Open)

Monochrome

"They don't exactly have mouths anymore." Mechanical Madness responded to the rusty-colored stallion, scurrying back to the alleyway. "Now... Hm... Perhaps there is some rope here we can tie around one without touching it. Like, tie it in a loop and just slip it over one's head without getting infected. Or perhaps somepony threw out some disposable gloves in the dumpster back here. Unsanitary, but may be necessary." he added, glancing around. He paused after the other pegasus' remark. "The original. Yes, but how do we find it in this sea of lost little foal-brains?" he replied.

Looks at storm, "Don't know how we'd find the original..." he looks out at the infected ponies, "It... it really looks like... it's uhm... gettin' bad out there." he looks at Mechanical, That idea could work I 'spose..."

Mechanical Madness withdrew into the far end of the alley and began to poke around in the piles of junk there. He returned beaming. "Well, this is truly serendipitous. I found both!" he exclaimed, holding up a pair of slightly dirty rubber gloves and an old, frayed piece of rope that just might be the right length. "Here. Tie a loop a little wider than a foal's neck at the end of this." he said, tossing the rope to Rusty and beginning to put the gloves on his front hooves. He looked at Stormchaser. "We can't harm them. It would mess with my possibly life-saving data once I study them." he remarked tensely.

((hope it's okay if I hop in :) ))

"Are you my mummy?" The painter heard from behind her, turning around she looked curiously at the young colt that had appeared behind her.

"Uh... Sorry li'l guy but I'm not ya mum, I'm actually lookin' for my mum too, she was supposed to meet me a few blocks away from here but she never showed..." The Colt took a step closer to her and asked again,"Are you my Mummy?" she tilted her head and sighed going over to the little colt and thinking,"Poor little fella must be scared outta 'is wits."

"Don't worry, little fella I Promise we'll find your mummy and mine too, okay?" she asked trying to give the colt a comforting smile and appear strong for him. Slowly she reached her hoof out hoping to scoot the colt alongside her.

stormchaser heards a conversation with somepony he doesn't know he got up and look around and saw somepony talking to one of those things he look around quick and got an idea so he took the rope from him quickly fix it and turn it into a lisso when he got back to the spot he saw the pony going the touch it so stormchaser took to the air so he could get a good shot and threw the lasso around him and got it around his legs then he pull him to them

*Gallops over to the group of ponies that seem to be unnafected by the strange plague that has taken over the town, then skids to a halt next to you all, gasping for breath*

WindShear.... Creepy gas mask zombie things... whats going on...

no problem xP ))

As the mare was yanked over to the party she coughed a few times as she was pulled, having left a trail of dust behind,"AAAAAAAAAAAH!" she yelled in surprise as she was dragged back.

Staring at the pony that lasso'd her and out of breath from her scream she spoke up slowly in between her panting, at this point it wasn't clear if the pegasus had caught her in time.

"A-are... " she gasped once still nigh breathless.

"You..." she managed to at last get her hooves but still was catching her breath.

With one final breath she spoke up going nose to nose with the pony who unbeknownst to her just saved her life,"OUTTA YER BLOODY MIND?! WOT IN EQUESTRIA MADE YA DO THAT?!"

Mechanical Madness approached the newcomer, examining her for the signs of infection. "Did you let any of them touch you?!" he demanded. His mechanical wings and leg emitted constant creaks, whirrs, and the occasional puff of steam as he paced about the alley. "I need that rope back, if you don't mind." he added, glancing over at an infected foal who had begun to stray from the group.

Mechanical Madness' attention snapped to the other newcomer, scrutinizing him for the signs as well. "And you? Did you let them touch you?" he added.

"Save me from wot, exactly?! A scared little foal who's lookin' fer his mu-- " Turning around to try and walk back to the stray colt she paused seeing he was gone. As she was about to go and look for him she was stopped by the unusual looking stallion who asked her if she touched him,"N-no I didn't... I was gonna take his hoof to get 'im ta come with me..."