RoseHips Play Auditions!://Open to all fillies and colts

QuickLime

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip had the whole thing ready, the stage used for the Talent show was being used, she had scripts all printed out, and a sign up list, She was looking for people to play characters in her rendition of "Charlottes Web" And she was pretty eager about it! It would give her a great reason to get to know more of the other children in Ponyville and she was very very excited about directing!

BUT first and foremost she needed ACTORS! RoseHip had plastered posters all over every surface she could about her hosting auditions, she was waiting on baited breath for people to come and sign up! She was so happy she could squeal! Well maybe not! She was not Wilbur after all!

"Please please please"She muttered as she sat behind her little desk, hooves folded up, chin resting under them, as she wished and WISHED for people to come and audition.

((Ooh, I'd like to join with Marbles!)) A little grey unicorn with a patched-up white saddlebag at her side bounced along the paths through town, taking in all of the sights with great interest. Oddly enough, even with all the places her family travelled, she had never been to Ponyville before. She had arrived with her parents the night before, but she hadn't been allowed to go out and explore because by the time they had reached Ponyville it was growing dark outside. She shook her fluffy blue and white mane out of her bright green eyes and looked around some more, anything shiny catching her attention. Oddly enough, even with how many posters were stuck to whatever their distributor could find, the little unicorn hadn't noticed them as she was distracted by colorful and shiny things all around her. Her attention became fixed on one thing for a moment, however; a rare occurrence for the easily-distracted little filly. A stage was set up nearby, and a pony was waiting behind a desk next to it. Intrigued, the grey unicorn filly ventured closer, grinning. "Hi there!" she greeted the other pony. "I'm Dushty Marblesh, but you can call me Marblesh! Who are you? What'sh thish?" she added with her usual lisp.

An audition? For "Charlotte's Web"?

She loved that book! It made her laugh! It made her cry! It frustrated her because she didn't want ot write the book report about it! Curse you, Miss Cheerilee! Making such a touching story such a chore! Ah, but back to the play.

Ruby Pinch saw an add for foal actors for the play! And then another! And another! In fact, she was sure there were at least half a dozen plastered to one mailbox. Somepony sure was dedicated to advertising! This gross waste of paper gave Pinchy great motivation! She wanted to audition! But what role could she play? The Goose? BLEH! Reminded her of Diamond Tiara... Templeton? Nah. Rats were icky, and she didn't like him in the book...

Charlotte! Of course! She was so nice and helpful and honest and- Oh... But that's a lead role! It's called "Charlotte's Web" afterall...

NO PINCHY! You will not let it intimidate you! She stamped her hoof in self-defiance, standing with a confident air. "I CAN be a spider! I WILL!" she cries out to herself... On a busy street. After a few strange looks and waving at everypony, she bounces her way back home to pick up the book again. What scene could she use for her audition? There were so many good ones! Like when they were trying to find a word for the web and Wilbur kept fainting! Or when Charlotte taught Wilbur about being humble! Or telling Wilbur about eating flies, or---

There it was. The clincher. Poor Pinchy was tearing up just reading about it. The death of Charlotte. It was tear-jerking. It was darling... She can remember the long, tear-filled talk she had with her mother about life and death after that scene in the book. This was it. She knew it would be hard, but the director would see that, right? She could sing Charlotte's last song.

After a few heart-wrenching practice sessions in front of a mirror, she rushed to the theater. She arrived not long after another filly, putting on her best smile. Sweet Celestia she was nervous. She waved to the mare behind the desk. "H-Hi miss! Uh... I'd like to audition for Charlotte... I-If the role's not taken?" No Pinchy, don't second guess! Be confident, silly pink filly! She tried to steady herself, waiting anxiously to see what this mare would say.

A blue Pegasus filly flew down the streets of Ponyville towards her destination. On a routine visit to the town, Snow Dancer caught sight of a poster asking for volunteers for a stage show of Charlotte's Web. While the filly read the book, she had never acted before. She wondered what role she would want to play in the show. There was a whole host of animals as well as the owners of the farm the majority of the book took place in. Although she would like being one of the lead roles, she wondered if that was a good idea for a pony first attempting to act. Well, there was a first time for everything, and as Snow Dancer approached the stage which already had a cluster of ponies her age around it.

"Um... hello," the filly said softly, looking at the three ponies, "I'm Snow Dancer and I'm here for the audition for the play. Which one of you is um...(reads the poster) RoseHip?"