(Sweet Apple Acres) Plowin' fields ain't such a hoot! (Open)

Mojo

201px-Pinkie_Pie_cute_reaction_S3E13.png

Pinkimena Apple Pie was very worried. As hard as she tried to make her apple farm work, she just wasn't very successful. Try as she might, the farm was in desparate need of ponies to help with the workload. Pinkimena even had a hard time nailing up the 'Help Wanted' sign on the front gate of Sweet Apple Acres.

"I sure hope this works! I don't know what else to do!" the pink mare with the three apple cutie mark sighed. "I gotta save this farm! It's all I have left!"

post-8659-0-60744400-1381785692_thumb.jp

((OOC: is it okay if join in ?)) OrangeBlossom was trotting down the road when the mare came across a farm that had a sign on it that read *Help wanted* the tan and white mare read it over "its worth a shot" she said as she entered the farm "Is anypony here ?" she asked out loud looking about for somepony when she noticed Pinkimena

(ooc): Sure!

Pinkimena galloped out to greet the newcomer.

"Yes! Yes I'm here! Are you here to work? I need to save this Apple farm from ruin! I don't know how it got this way but it seems no matter what I do, it's always wrong. The water chute needs fixing, the chores need to be done and I'm really having trouble getting the apples to fall from these darn trees! Can you help me? I know they'll be other ponies joining us, we won't have to do it all alone. PLEASE say you'll help me! PLEASE???"

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Pinkamena shouted, "maybe we should start with harvesting the apples. If I can sell enough of these apples, then I could afford to buy more of the things this farm needs!"

Before she could get started, four more ponies approached the front gate:

sml_gallery_475_9_5180.jpgTexas Tilly

sml_gallery_475_9_22372.jpgSilver

cyclops_pony_by_points4stuff-d3summf.pngSye Klops

myaN5s.jpgLarry the Cable Pony

"Hay thar, Pinkimena!" Texas Tilly shouted, "heard ya needed some help, me and Silver wanna lend a hoof!"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver spoke in his electronic voice.

"I certainly want to work as well," added Sye Klops.

"I'm jist here fer lunch!" Larry the Cable Pony neighed until Tilly smacked him on the nose. "Hay! I was jist kiddin', course I wanna help out! GIT'R DONE!"

"Thanks everypony! Glad all of you came! So, let's all get started out in the apple orchard! Got plenty of baskets to fill!"

"Well howdy there!" OrangeBlossom said as the four entered the farm "well lets get ta kickin trees!" she said as they headed for the orchard "because the apple doesn't fall far from da tree...... especially on its own" OrangeBlossom chuckled at her own horrible pun

"I'm with ya on that, sister!" Texas Tilly shouted out. "C'mon y'all! It's apple buckin' time!"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver spoke, his alicorn horn glowing as woven baskets moved under the first row of trees.

"I'm ready!" Sye Klops neighed as he galloped up to the first tree and began to kick it.

"Bummer!" Pinkimena neighed, "I can never get it right!"

After several attempts missed the mark, the pink mare with the apples cutie mark sighed in sadness.

"Don't ya fret none, sweetie," Larry the Cable Pony said, "all of us kin learn ya how ta kick proper."

"AFFIRMATIVE! THE METHOD INVOLVES APPLYING SUFFICENT FORCE TO CAUSE APPLES TO DISCONNECT FROM THEIR TREES WITHOUT DAMAGING THE APPLES OR THE TREE!" Silver spoke, demonstrating by landing a single, well placed kick to the tree behind him, causing every apple on the tree to fall into the basker below.

"Ya big metal showoff!" Larry laughed before getting hit on the back of the head with a rock.

"Quit makin' fun of Silver er I'll let ya have another!" Tilly yelled.

"I think the stripey mare plans on rockin' me ta sleep, with a real rock! I don't care who ya are, that's funny!" Larry laughed before Tilly hit him with another rock.

"All righty its my turn" OrangeBlossom said as the tan mare placed baskets under a tree and turned and kicked the tree as one apple fell off missing the basket and hitting the mare on the head and then bouncing off and landing in the basket. "Owh!........ Well im just off to a great start aren't I?" OrangeBlossom said as she kicked the tree again

"Yur doin' fine, Orange Blossom!" Larry the Cable Pony said, "don't pay no mind to the ones that bounce off yur noggin, happens to me all the time!"

"That sure explains a lot!" Texas Tilly laughed as she continued to kick her tree.

"Miss Tilly, please be nice," Sye Klops said as the one eyed stallion kicked his tree some more. "We're here to help Pinkimena."

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver spoke as the cybernetic stallion quickly galloped to the far end of the orchard and started apple bucking in rapid succession. Seeing how fast the metal alicorn worked caused Pinkimena to stare in amazement, even when her last kick dropped a dozen apples bouncing off her head.

"HOW, HOW, HOW does he DO that?" the pink mare asked.

"Reckon it's all in the nutrition! Y'all kin see, he sure gits a lotta IRON! I don't care who ya are, that's funny!" Larry laughed.

Tilly, Sye Klops, Silver and even Pinkimena glare back at Larry for his bad pun.

"Jist ignore Larry's jokes, Orange Blossom. Makes the day go faster!" the striped mare laughed.

"Good work, Orange Blossom!" Texas Tilly neighed as she moved on to the next tree.

"We're making great progress!" added Sye Klops as he proceeded to the next tree.

"Wow guys! I can't thank you enough for this!" Pinkimena neighed happily. Once more, the pink mare with the apples cutie mark was shocked to see Silver, now hitched to a wagon loaded with filled apple baskets, walking over to the barn to store them. "He..he cleared out the entire south field! All by himself! How is that even possible?"

"Ol' tin skin kin do a lotta amazin' things, Miss Pinkimena," Larry said to her as the rotund stallion then turned to Orange Blossom. "So Orange Blossom, where do ya hail from? Ya live around these here parts?"

"Bareback Gulch, ya don't say," Larry said with a wide grin, "you sure came a long way to help out. Say, after we're done workin, how about you an' me go paint the town! GIT'R DONE!"

"LARRY!" Texas Tilly neighed. "quit tryin' ta flirt and git back ta work!"

"I have to agree," added Sye Klops as he gave his tree another kick, "there are many chores to do."

"You're right," Pinkimena said sadly, "I've got so many chores to do, it's no fun being me."

"LAMENTATION UNNECESSARY!" Silver spoke as the cybernetic stallion walked over to the pink mare. "WE NOW HAVE SUFFICENT HORSEPOWER TO COMPLETE ALL ASSIGNED TASKS WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME!"

"Yeah, whatever ol' metal head said!" Larry laughed before getting bonked on the head with another rock.

"Stop makin' fun of Silver er yur gonna be wearin' my hoofprints on yur keister!" Tilly yelled.

• 3 weeks later...

Errare flew over the farm. Much to do. Little time to do it in. Chaos to spread. Balance to be made. She sighed, Thinking to herself. She was so far from home. How long had she been doing this? Jumping from world to world. Balancing chaos with harmony, and harmony with chaos. She sighed. It was... such a task sometimes.

Something glinted from the ground below her, catching her attention. There was a group of ponies down there. And... what felt like good magic gone wrong. Something was definitely amiss down there. She looked to her wrist, and a little watch poofed onto it. She... could spare a moment or two. She quickly descended onto the group, giving a quick analysis to what she saw.

... Interesting. A hard working southern mare, a unhinged southern stallion, a Disfigured Blue stallion (with potential, she felt), and... a cybernetic equine. But most interesting... a pink mare, which seemed to emanate... a sort of... confused identity. She gave a sort of bow to the group, smiling all the while. "Hello, to one and all. I couldn't help but notice a sort of... problem here. Is there anything I can do to help?"

The group looked up and saw the young Draconequus as she spoke to them.

"Whoa! Fergive mah ignorance, but I ain't never seen one of y'all before," Texas Tilly said as she stopped bucking her tree.

"SCANNING!" Silver spoke as the cybernetic stallion looked up at her, "SPECIES SPECIFICATION: DRACONEQUUS, GENDER: FEMALE!"

"Greeting, ma'am," Sye Klops said as the one eyed stallion waved at Errare.

"Oh, hi there," Pinkimena Apple Pie said as she walked over towards the new arrival. "I am SO glad you're here! Yes, yes I need help! I have an apple harvest out in the field and lots of other chores to do too. Would you be willing to help?"

"So, yur a Dracon-e-whatsit?" Larry the Cable Pony asked, scratching his head with his hoof. "That's even hard ta pronounce."

"Everythin's hard fer ya to pronounce, Larry," Tilly said before turning back towards the Draconequus, "Reckon it's time fer some introductions. I'm Texas Tilly, this tall alicorn here's mah pal Silver. That blue stallion's Sye Klops, the pink mare's Pinkimena and the fat guy over there's Larry."

"Larry the Cable Pony! GIT'R DONE!" he said, "pleasure ta make yur acquaintance!"

She couldn't help but smile. What a vibrant bunch they were. "It's quite the pleasure meeting you all, but... I'm afraid this will have to be cut short. I've places to do and things to be." She snapped her fingers, and before them, in a puff of blue smoke, was a tall, multicolored mare, with long, orange straight hair, reminisce of the Draconequus before them. It bore no cutie mark itself, and carried an empty look in its eyes. Errare smiled once more, scruffing up the mare's mane. "I'll have my Curiosity help you. Hope I'm of help!" She said as she sunk into the ground before them, leaving them with the fragment of her Conscious mind.

"WHOA!" Larry the Cable Pony shouted in shock. "Now THAT'S a classy exit!"

"I ain't never seen nothin' like that before either," added Texas Tilly as the striped mare looked amazed.

"All I know is, I can use any help I can get," Pinkimena Apple Pie said as she approached Curiosity. "Welcome to our little group!"

"Yes, welcome!" added Sye Klops.

"GREETINGS NEWCOMER!" Silver spoke in his electronic voice.

"We're apple bucking at the moment, wanna help with that, Curiousity?"

((OOC: Sorry it took me so long to reply))

OrangeBlossom was off carrying baskets of apples to the barn, She returned just as the pony had magically summoned Curiousity and then left."Whoa, why hello there Curiousity I'm OrangeBlossom" The tan mare greeted herself to Curiousity as OrangeBlossom placed some more baskets under a apple tree

//I must apologize for my absence. Stuff's been happening here on my end//

The tall mare looked over the group, seeming to be deaf to the pink pony's words. After a looking each one over for a few seconds, she turned her attention to the pony before her. She tilted her head, and A voice rung out in all the ponies minds. 'Apple... bucking?' The tall ponys' mouth didn't move, but they all heard the voice all the same.

Larry the Cable Pony walked over to whisper to the rest of the group.

"Is it jist me, or is that thar new mare really creepy?" he muttered.

"Hay! Don't be so durn judgmental, fathead!" Texas Tilly growled.

"I agree with Tilly," added Sye Klops, "let's give Curiousity a chance."

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver spoke.

"Im with the rest of you! After all, she's offered to help, and I need all the help I can get," Pinkimena said as she walked up to the newest arrival. "Yes Curiousity, apple bucking. It's when you walk over to an apple tree and kick it with your hind legs until all the fruit falls off. It's easy, we'll show you how it's done! Orange Blossom, would you like to demonstrate proper techique for our new friend here?"

• 4 weeks later...

(Is it ok for me to join in? This looks like a good place for my first RP)

Fire Foxx had been trotting down the road outside Sweet Apple Acres when she heard sounds of apple bucking taking place. The little mare had always wanted to help with this sort of job but didn't have the courage to ask. She moved forward, towards the group right as Pinkimena asked another pony to demonstrate proper form.

"Just what I need! A chance to watch another pony apple buck before I ask if I can help!" She giggled to herself. "If I can do it how this pony does maybe I won't embarrass myself."

Fire peered around the edge of a tree, the same tree that had sign reading "Help Wanted" at the base of it. She really didn't want the other ponies to see her yet but she could help from edging nearer to get a better view of how apple bucking was done...

• 2 weeks later...

((sorry for the delay on my end))

hearing Pink ask to demonstrate apple bucking, she trotted over to a nearby tree and turned, giving it a hard kick, The apples all falling neatly into baskets. "That thar's how you do it, Its quite simple" Orange said smiling

Fire Fox continued to watch from behind the tree. Her eyes widened as Orange kicked the tree and sent apples cascading to the ground. She pushed her glasses up from where they had slide down the bridge of her nose. Slowly, the pony walked forward while wondering what the other ponies would say about her. She had never seen any of the ponies present.

"Hi... I'm Fire... Fire Fox. I was watching you kicking the tree. it looked really fun."

Archived