(Sweet Apple Acres) Plowin' fields ain't such a hoot! (Open)

Mojo

Curiosity watched, seeming oblivious to the newcomer. After the short Demonstration Orange gave, she turned trotted over to a tree looking it up and down. After studying it for a long while, she rose a forehoof and gave the bark a slight, gentle tap. The tree barely, but visibly, shook, and a couple apples fell. She tilted her head in thought, then shook it. That couldn't be right. The results weren't the slightest like the fruit-named Mare had displayed. Maybe this tree was defective....

Pinkamena Apple Pie rushed over to greet the Fire Fox.

"Hi there! Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres! I'm Pinkemena and I could sure use your help. Guess you saw my Help Wanted sign so you know that already. Let me introduce you to all the other ponies who came to lend a hoof!"

Pinkamena points to each pony as she introduces them.

"This is Texas Tilly, she's really go this apple bucking thing down pat!"

"Howdy!" the striped cowboy hat wearing mare said before giving the tree next to her a swift kick that brought nearly every apple down out of the tree and into the baskets below.

"And over there's Sye Klops! He's been apple bucking too!"

"Greetings, glad you could join us!" the one eyed stallion neighed before kicking a tree.

"And over here is.... Larry the Cable Pony and Curiousity?" Pinkimena said in amazement as the rotund comedy stallion was now standing next to the mare and talking to her.

"Alrighty-e now, Miss Curiousity, let me show ya how ta kick trees!" Larry neighed with a big grin, "An' maybe after work, I could take ya ta town fer some dinner and a show? I kin tell ya all mah jokes like the one about the pony that walked into a bar and the bartender asked, 'Why the long face?' HA HA HA! Now I don't care who ya are, that's funny!"

As Larry laughed more, he got hit with an apple thrown from across the orchard by Texas Tilly.

:"QUIT YER FLIRTIN' FATSO, AND GIT BACK TA WORK!" Tilly roared.

"Thanks fe the snack, Stripey!" Larry laughed before eating the apple.

"Er.. pay no mind to all that, it's all in the line of work," Pinkimena explained to Fire Fox. "Gee, where's Silver?"

As she spoke, the cybernetic stallion arrived from the other side of the orchard, pulling a long cart loaded with bushels of apples in the back.

"ALL APPLES HARVESTED FROM SOUTH FIELD, MISS PIE!" Silver spoke in his electronic voice.

"Thar's ol' tin head agin' showin' off!" Larry laughed before another apple struck the overweight stallion in the head with such force, it knocked him down.

"QUIT MEAN MOUTHIN' SILVER BEFORE I COME OVER THAR AND KICK YUR.."

"OK EVERYPONY!" Pinkimena interrupted. "Everypony's been working so hard, let's take a break and greet our newcomers!"

Curiosity absentmindedly Observed the Tiff between the Larry And Tilly. These were indeed a strange bunch. She was about to continue her attempts to When She heard the Pink Mare announce a 'break'. Whatever could that be? She trotted toward her in hopes of observing her and the other's reactions.

Pinkimena now spotted Dashing Blade and trotted over to him.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkinena Apple Pie, I hope you came to help out with the apple harvest, I could use all the help I can get. Please come over and join the rest of us."

As the pink maned mare led Dashing Blade over to the group, Sye Klops, Texas Tilly, Silver and Larry the Cable began to talk to the others.

"How are ya doin' pardner?" Texas Tilly said to Fire Fox, "Glad y'all came! I'm Tilly, what's your name?"

"So thar, Orange Blossom," Larry the Cable Pony said, "How are ya gittin' along? Buckin' apple trees is a whole lotta fun, ain't it?"

"Greeting newcomer," Sye Klops said to Dashing Blade. "I'm Sye Klops, what's your name? Where do you hail from?"

"GREETINGS, MISS CURIOSITY!" Silver spoke in his electronic voice. "ARE YOUR ATTEMPTS AT APPLE BUCKING AND SOCIALIZATION PROVING SUCCESSFUL?"

There sure were a lot of ponies around! All kinds of different ponies too. Cyber ponies, one eyes ponies, and the rest. Fox's head flicked this way and that, trying to smile at each of the new faces.

"Please to meet you all."

Then a break was announced. She hadn't actually done any work yet but that was ok. It would be nice to get a chance to talk with some of these new ponies.

"Sure are a lot of us at the farm today. Yes I saw your sign Pink. I think it fell down though. I don't think you'll need it any more since you've got so many ponies here to help!"

"My sign fell down? Oh no!" Pinkimena Apple Pie neighed as she immediately galloped off to put the sign back up.

"FIRE FOX IS CORRECT!" Silver spoke as the cybernetic metallic stallion responded. "BY MY CALCULATIONS, THERE EXISTS SUFFICENT PONIES TO COMPLETE ALL TASKS WITHIN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME!"

"Thar goes ol' tin head agin' and.." Larry the Cable Pony stopped his rambling when he got a fierce, mean look from Texas Tilly. "Er, I meant ta say, please continue discussin' thar, Silver."

"BY MY CALCULATIONS, 42% OF THE APPLE CROP HAS BEEN HARVESTED, COUNTING THE WEST FIELD WHICH HAS AN INFESTATION OF FRUIT BATS. AT OUR CURRENT RATE OF WORK AND WITH ME HARVESTING THE WEST FIELD MYSELF AFTER SCARING AWAY ALL OF THE FRUIT BATS, HARVESTING CAN BE COMPLETED WITHIN TWO POINT SEVEN ONE HOURS. THERE ARE OTHER TASKS THAT REQUIRE TENDING TO ON THIS FARM AS WELL. ONE BUSTED WATER CHUTE, PLANTING OF NEW NON-APPLE CROPS AS WELL AS MAINTENENCE FOR THE MAIN BUILDING. THESE TASKS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED SINCE WE POSSESS SUFFICENT PONIES FOR THEIR COMPLETION."

"Silver's right, y'all," added Texas Tilly. "Maybe we orta divide the rest of the work tasks up so that they kin be finished faster."

"Brilliant suggestion, Miss Tilly!" added Sye Klops.

"I always knew ya had brains, ya smart filly," Larry added before rushing up in front of her smiling.

"Larry, quit tryin' ta sweet talk me. I'd rather go out on a date with a cactus than with YOU!"

"That's good ta know! I'll go put on mah cactus outfit an' meetcha after work! GIT'R DONE!"

"Silver has some good suggestions," Pinkimena said as she returned to the group. "Ok everypony, let's see what skills we have among us. What talents to all of you have? Are there any that can do home repair work? Anyone with experience plants crops? While we're on break together, we should get a little more organized."

Pinkimena now waited to hear from everypony in the group.

Curiosity, who lost in her thoughts, missing most of what was going on around her, Suddenly came too, enough to hear what the pink mare had asked. She thought to herself, trying to recall any talents she had....

... none of which she could seem to think of. She was... just an extension of Errare's curiosity. Maybe that in itself was a skill. She spoke out to the groups' minds. ' I've a sharp eye, if its of any help.'

The wandering swordpony, Bowie, happened upon the Help Wanted sign in front of the Acres. Still dressed to the nines in his heroic regalia of scarlet cape with gold fabric underlining and the forest green tunic, he trotted through the gate. He trotted up the lane and spotted all these ponies gathered around, including a robotic one. He became quite excited, hoping it may be Zynk, his comrade in the War of Sealing. "Hey, everyone", he called out in greeting, out of habit and not to cause any discourtesy. His blade still hung from his side, jingling and flashing in the light as he trotted closer to inspect the robot.

• 7 months later...

(( Is it okay if i join in? ref : ))

A White-Yellowish filly Arrives at the farm, attempting to look not-as-rich-as-he-is-supposed-to-look, And i look at apple blossom, about to show him how to applebuck, he's never done it before , Because all the apples he usually brought were either Coated in gold as decorations, or a mutant experimental species only available to rich ponies.

While walking towards Orangeblossom, He lets out a shy and feeble "Hello?"

(ooc): I'm fine with you joining this RP. though I don't know if anyone else will still be active in it. For now, CardCrown, I'll have all of my characters greet yours. Hopefully, those who are still in this RP will start posting again.

Instantly noticing the newcomer, Pinkimena was the first to gallop up to him.

"Hello there, sir!" the pink mare with the apple cutie mark neighed. "I hope you've come to help with our harvest. My name is Pinkimena of Sweet Apple Acres! C'mon an' meet some of the ponies you'll be working with!"

But before Pinkimena could do that, other ponies approached them.

"Howdy!" a tiger striped mare in Western garb shouted, "I'm Texas Tilly, and this here metal pony's mah good friend Silver!"

"GREETINGS TO YOU, SIR!" Silver spoke in his electronic voice.

"And I am called Sye Klops," the one-eyed stallion added.

"And I'm Larry the Cable Pony! I'm the fun stallion of this bunch, GIT'R DONE!" the rotund stallion shouted as he offered his front hoof to shake.

"LARRY!" Texas Tilly shouted, causing Larry to hesitate and remove the 'joy buzzer' from his hoof.

"Aw! You ain't no fun, Urban Cowpony babe! I don't care who ya are, that's funny!" Larry giggled as he offered his hoof to shake again.

Archived