For Your Consideration; Northern Pegasus

Pinstripe

lqpXqYt.png

The Northern Pegasus is an offshoot of the Equestrian(Mainland) Pegasus, whose wings, over time, evolved to fly faster, due to co-evolution with the Northern Griffons. This evolution has caused the Northern Pegasus' wings to elongate and sharpen, and their forms to become more petite. With less mass, it is easier for the wings to pick up speed, even at low altitudes. Their maximum velocity can near that of the Sonic Rainboom, albeit this can only be reached in extremely high altitudes(nearing the upper atmosphere), where this kind of flight cannot be maintained for long, or else it is a risk for the pony's life.

This extreme speed has created a culture built around being the fastest (Rainbow Dash's idea of heaven?), with constant tournaments, and challenges of speed and endurance. It seems that these pegasi were bred to race.

Hey, everypony, and site admins(who I'm aiming this thread at). Pinstripe here, with an idea for a new species for use in Canterlot Chronicles, or WoE. The point of this thread is to see if people like the idea of a falcon-like pegasus, instead of the normal, what I assume to be "eagle-like" pegasus. If you have any ideas for improving this species, please feel free to post! I'm always up for constructive criticism.

We appreciate your eagerness to help contribute to our lore. We are not accepting user contributions at this time, but we're always on the lookout for new Canterlot staff members, some of which are primarily tasked with developing the Lore for both World of Equestria and Canterlot Chronicles. If you've got what it takes to be a good team player, you might end up in the Lore Builder crew one day like me. :)