Selling Sweet Pink Cider! {Open}

QuickLime

PinkLadybanner_zpseca0bb72.jpg

Thanks to the help of her Kin Lady had produced several SEVERAL Barrels of her own, sweet Pink Lady Cider! She had worked hard and was ready to enjoy the fruits of her labour! She opened a small stand situated right between Solstice Heights and Canterlot So many ponies passing this way would get to enjoy a nice, refreshing glass of it! And maybe snack on one of her preserved treats! There were decorative glass jars shaped like apples, filled with her slightly rosy pink jam, slices of fresh cinnamon bread, and even fresh churned butter to go with it! Just a little snack!

The sign above her stand was a soft pink and in green letters

Pink Lady's Apple Cider! The best in Solstice Heights!

Hoping she would draw a big, thirsty crowd, and maybe get as big a line as her Cousin AppleJack did in Ponyville..

On her way home from school, Watermelon Gush merrily trotted, her red mane done up in two braids and her braided tail bouncing with each step. She was almost about to make the turn down the road to her farm and home, a route she knew like the back of her hoof, when she stopped. There in the distance was a stand with a lovely yellow mare behind it. With her curiosity peaked, the filly trotted over. The smell of apples was pleasing to the filly as she read the sign above the mare.

"Hi there! I'm Watermelon Gush. You must be Pink Lady, like the one on whose name is on the sign, right?"

Glimmer bounced along, giggling with glee. Her mother, Mrs. Glemmer following behind. Her son, Razor right on her feet.

"Mother. We need to talk." Razor said.

"About what deary?" Glemmer asked, turning to her son.

"I understand we don't spend enough time together. What with my work and all."

Glemmer nodded, "Yes and that's why we are here. Why is that wrong that a mother wants to spend time with her children?"

Razor shook his head, "No no. Its fine its just....the arrangements."

"What arrangements do you mean?" Glemmer asked with a smile.

"Oh I don't know...maybe the rope leash and bindings!" Razor shouted, as he was dragged along by a rope tied around his claws and paws.

Glemmer stopped and looked at her son hard, "Now Razor. I'm not stupid. If I untied you, you would try to run away. Like you did seven times previously."

"Don't forget the eighteen times last month." Glimmer giggled.

Razor growled, "Fine...I get it. I run away from it. But with good reason. Embaressment is not what I want, nor need."

"Oh deary, don't be silly." Glemmer said, and continued along.

Razor groaned, "Fine...can we at least get a drink. I'm thirsty."

Glimmer nodded, "Me too."

Glemmer rubbed her beak, "I suppose we all are a bit parched. Alright." She looked around and pointed, "Oh look there is a stand."

She then gasped, "Oh and they have the cutest mare running it." Glemmer and Glimmer started walking towards it, pulling Razor along.

Razor blinked, "Mare? Girl?! Wait! No! I'm not thirsty! Not thirsty!" He struggled, trying to get away. Where there was a girl and his mother there was going to be trouble. Trouble for him!

"Hello there. Are we interrupting?" Glemmer asked as they approached the stand.

"Why yes indeedy Sugar! That's me!" She grinned. What a CUTE little filly! Lookin like a fresh watermelon right out of the patch! "What can I do for you dear? Perhaps you'd like a glass of my Pink Lady Cider?" She offered "Or maybe a bit of my famous Cinnamon bread spread with some of my sparkling pink lady apple Jam?"

As she waited for the filly's reply she glanced up at the female that had approached her, eyes wide and she grinned "Not at all ma'am! What Can I do for you?"

"Wow, all those choices sound really yummy," Watermelon said thinking of what she would like to try first, "I guess I'll try the cider for starters. How much is a glass?"

As she waited the watermelon hued filly saw an interesting sight: three griffons approaching! Watermelon knew about them but never saw one before. They looked kind of scare with their big wings and long talons. She didn't think that they ate ponies... right? Strangely the youngest of the three griffons had a leash around him, being held at bay by his parents. It reminded her of a dog being walked on a leash, but why a griffon would be leashed was something she could only guess. Maybe it was something that griffons did.

"Um.. hello there," she said going from her usually spunky self to being nervous, "I'm watermelon Gush. What's your name?"

Glemmer smiled, "Oh I'd like a drink, if its not too much trouble darling."

Glimmer jumped up and down excited, her bow bobbing up and down, "oh me too. Me too. And one for Razor as well."

Razor looked up from the rope bindings around his legs he was busy chewing at, "I can place my order myself. I-uh...yeah one drink." He quickly got back to his attempts at escape. This rope had to get cut soon!

As Glemmer waited for their drinks she noticed the filly, and squealed in delight, "Oooh how cute! You are just the most adorable filly I have ever seen! My name is Mrs. Glemmer and this is my daughter Glimmer." She pointed to the small griffonness with the bow.

The rope broke with a snap and Razor shot to his feet, "Freedom!" He quickly dove to get away, but was yanked back to the grown by his tail. His mother's claw gripping it tight.

"And this," She yanked on Razor's tail to pull him right next to her, "Is my son Razor. Isn't he just the most handsome griffon?" She giggled and patted his head, fixing his feathers as a mother pony would fix her childs mane to make them look nice.

Razor groaned and covered his face with a wing.

Glimmer was quick to grab the filly's hoof and shake it, "Hi! I'm Glimmer. And don't let my brother's moodiness get to you. He is always like that." She then leaned in and whispered, "And don't say the word short around him. He is testy about that word."

With Glimmer talking with Watermelon, Glemmer got to her second objective. She turned back to Pink Lady, Razor still in her grip.

"I love the way you styled your mane deary. You must be swamped with adoring stallions I bet." Glemmer said, giggling slightly.

Razor groaned, dragging a claw down his head and thought, 'Is it possible to die from embaressment.' He knew where this was all going to go.

qkx4.png

Wooo, that party had been sorta crazy - and in all of the ways that made a unicorns tongue dry in the morning...

Vinyl was walking home towards canterlot after stopping by some friends in the Sol-heights, and the one thing she knew she needed most of all was a drink that wasn't loaded with weird ingrediants and occasional amounts of alcoholic beverages...she was a little tired, and all she really wanted to do when she got home after this long walk along a lonesome road was tend to the overwhelming desire to sleep once her head hit the pillow of her comfortable bed...or the couch, whichever her hooves allowed her to get to without collapsing beneath her upon arrival!

" Whoa...is that...?! " She leans closer, rubbing some imagined substance from her shades so unelegantly perched on her muzzle. " some kinda cider stand - geez, guess I'm luck...thank the princesses! "

And with that, a tired and rather unkempt-looking female Unicorn with a blue dual-toned frizzy mane and a couple of attache cases floating beside her would be seen galloping towards the most welcome sight, giggling slightly to herself in anticipation of the most potentially welcome and delicious diversion anypony could have on a long walk home - affordable roadside drinks!!

Memory Lane trotted along the road, his eyes wandering everywhere but to take in the natural beauty of Solstice Heights. Despite living in the Foothills for his entire life, he hadn't spent much time in the Heights proper. It was "commoner" territory that the majority of the nobility made a point of avoiding and- while he was nowhere near as stuck up as his upper-class contemporaries- Lane had been so swamped with the School for Gifted Unicorns for the last decade that he, too, had become guilty of the same.

Now, however, things were different. With less than half the amount of classes on his schedule and the bonuses that came with being a school prefect, Lane finally had the time to indulge his curiosities. He had set aside today as a respite for himself, to be spent exploring the backyard he had seen but never experienced before. Not but two hours ago, he set off with just his journal, a few writing utensils, and a small amount of his money in a small yellow side-saddlebag- and after two hours, he had no regrets about his choice of activity; the Heights themselves were beautiful from afar, but up close they were simply exquisite- and it helped everypony he ran into was courteous and friendly, as well.

As he passed over one of the many hills that made up the landscape of the Heights, Lane spotted a small merchant's stand along the roadway that seemed to have attracted quite a crowd: a school-age filly, a group of Griffins, and an alabaster mare with a wild electric blue mane-style that seemed quite familiar to him. He squinted his eyes against the sunlight, reading the sign above the stand: Pink Lady's Apple Cider.

Memory Lane rubbed his chin with a hoof, "A cider stand? Pink Lady must be a local producer." He smacked his lips and realized that he was quite dry- something he hadn't noticed before. "Amusing, the things you don't notice when you're having fun." He smiled, adjusted the orange fez atop his noggin, and started briskly down the hill towards the informal line of customers.

The journey to the ciderstand was relatively unexciting - afterall, it wasn't like all that much could happen in just a few meters, and Vinyl was certain that there wasn't about to be a world shattering catastrophe about to stop her from getting a cold, refreshing mug of the delicious drinks on sale. " Pink Lady? " she uttered, reading the sign nearby. " Ain't that a type of apple? Must be one of the apples, I oughta ask...not like it matters much to me, though. "

She notes the line of thirsty ponies nearby and utters a soft sigh - sure, it wasn't quite the long line but it was one that would take a little bit of waiting to shift, something the Two tone maned mare wasn't fond of doing at the best of times...and she could already feel a small twitch of boredom taking ahold as she waited for her turn to order...she could at least take solace in the fact that it was only a small hoofful of ponies, but still it was enough to be a slight pain in the flank for a thirsty on-the-go party mare such as herself!

To Watermelon's surprise, the griffons she met were not some menacing or rude creatures that she first imagined them to be. In fact they were quite nice. The filly was surprised but giddy about the fact that Glemmer was almost head over hoofs in delight over seeing the filly, calling her cute. Watermelon was used to ponies calling her cute, yet even so every time she was told this it made her feel happy inside.

"Oh thanks, Ms. Glemmer," she said with a smile. Just the the male griffon, who had broken free of his hold suddenly tried to make a run for it. Watermelon Gush wasn't sure why. Did he not like meeting other ponies or was it that he didn't like being with his mother and sister?

"Oh hello there Razor," Watermelon said before addressing Glemmer's question, "Um... I guess he's handsome. I don't really know since you're the first griffons I've seen before. Does being handsome mean for a griffon that they need to have a rope tied around them?"

The last griffon to introduce herself to Watermelon was Glimmer who told the filly not to say a certain word.

"Oh ok, I won't say short. Oops, I said that word sorry." With that the filly squeed as she smiled to cover up her embarrassment.

Just then two unicorns, a mare and a stallion, appeared as Watermelon waited for her cider.

"Oh hello. I'm watermelon Gush. Nice to meet you two."

Memory Lane turned his head and looked at Watermelon Gush. "Oh, hello little one," he said, smiling softly at the little green filly, "my name is Memory Lane. And what's your name, Miss-" He glanced up at the electric-blue-maned mare in-front of him, his eyes widening like a colt with his horn in the cookie jar when he recognized her as his favorite musician and party idol. "-Miss...Miss Vinyl Scratch! What brings you to the Heights?"

Vinyl was all set to give the welcoming pony a wave of her own, until a voice called out from nearby and distracted her...

"-Miss...Miss Vinyl Scratch! What brings you to the Heights?"

The words attracted the Star DJ's attention and she glances over toward their source, beaming as brightly as she could despite the soft level of fatigue creeping up through her core - she'd been up far too long, and had partied much too hard for any sane pony to handle, and now all she truly wanted was to get her cider and hit the hay at home...but she clearly didn't let this show as she replies back, albeit a little croaky in the voice from the night before...and the fact she was thirsty.

" Friends of mine were throwin' a birthday gig - was there for the entertainment provide, but I gave 'em a l'il show for the sake of it anyway 'cause that's how I roll! " she says, a chuckle escaping as she stretches lightly.

" 'course, I decided to take the long walk home 'cause it helps keep this mare in shape, ya get me? DJ Pon3 ain't the kinda mare who sits down an' takes it easy ALL the time...gotta get a l'il excercise in whilst you can! "

The mare pauses for a moment in thought, before giving another of her famous DJ Smiles. " Plus, hey - Cider...who can possibly argue with that kinda pep drink at a time like this, right? "

Of course, she'd had no idea the Cider stand was going to be here at all, but that wasn't really much of an important detail when chattin' to ponies on a day like today!

• 3 months later...

MY how things got busy... But Lady only blushed at the compliment to her mane "Well not a STALLION persay, but a mare has certainly caught my fancy..and I like to think she likes it " Moving a hoof to flick her mane "To answer your question Watermelon dear, The glass of lemonade is half a bit, if you get a baked item the total comes to 1 bit" She wanted to encourage her customers to sample her produce, then they'd come in to her bakery! But while she waited Lady got to work pouring the sweet, pink tinted cider into mugs for the thirsty ponies, she spotted the befrazzled DJ looking absolutely wilted and waved at her

"Yooo Hoo Miss Scratch! I have your glass on reserve!" She called out, a tiny fib but the mare was getting bothered and was obviously tired, and Lady didn't want her to suffer the heat.

Watermelon Gush was surprised that having mentioned her name the stallion had forgotten it so quickly. Maybe it was something that adults did, forgetting things. Her parents seemed to do this occasionally, forgetting where they put their farm tools or other items that they just used moments ago. Still she didn't want to be a rude filly to an adult.

"I'm Watermelon Gush," she said with the best, cutest grin as she watched the stallion suddenly shifted his attention to a white unicorn. The filly knew that she was famous, maybe not as famous as the princesses but still enough to turn the stallion into being at loss for words. The mentioning of a birthday though perked up the filly's ears.

"Oooo! You went to a birthday party? what was it like? Was there cake and presents and balloons. I really like balloons except my parents don't usually get them for my parties anymore after trying to tie them all to me so I could fly like a Princess."

The owner of the stand then explained what the price was for a drink and a dessert to which the filly rummaged through her little saddle bag for a few moments before producing a bit.

"I'd love a glass and a treat! What baked goods do you have?"

"Yooo Hoo Miss Scratch! I have your glass on reserve!"

Vinyl gave a small nod to the mare behind the stall - that was awesome service, and she had no intention of keeping her waiting for collection too long considering how many other ponies were likely to be coming through here soon enough...although, naturally, she did deal with the friendly l'il pony asking about the party from the night before.

"Oooo! You went to a birthday party? what was it like? Was there cake and presents and balloons. I really like balloons except my parents don't usually get them for my parties anymore after trying to tie them all to me so I could fly like a Princess."

" Ha - yeah, there was a fair bit of cake there, definitely! " she says with a small nod, stretching gently as she continued to try and ignore the current levels of heat washing over her. " a fair bit to drink there too, althooough probably not what any foals an' fillies should be gettin' their hooves on. " she says with a firm nod, her horn lighting up as she trots towards Pinks stall to pick up her long awaited cider. " As for the balloons...been there, tried that, got mahself a bruise on the head an' the flank for it too as a filly - good thing your parents keep ya more grounded, I'll tell you that much! "

Vinyl giggles to herself at the memory of her ill fated attempt to be a princess as a filly...at least then she learnt that cardboard wings were never gonna get her more than a bruise and a headache!

"I have delicious Pink Apple Cinnamon bread, Pink apple cobbler, and these little delicious hoof pies stuffed with cherries, apples and just a litttle bit of mint" She informed Watermelon Gush, "I recommend the bread with a bit of home churned butter!" She glanced at Vinyl and pushed the mug over, it was a rather tall one, with a frothy pink head to it, and it was ice cold. Lady had a good sense for when somepony was overheated and she certainly didn't want the DJ to faint "Here you are, go on and drink some first, there is no rush for half a bit, and if you are hungry, I do recommend the hoof pies"

Watermelon Gush cocked her head to the said upon the white unicorn mentioning that the party was the same except for some kind of special drink that adult ponies only could drink. Maybe that's something adults needed like how her parents needed something else she wasn't allowed to try: coffee. Still it sounded like a fun party. She giggled hearing that the DJ pony also tried to fly and how it didn't go well with her.

"Well I didn't fall, but my dad had to lasso me before i floated to Canterlot."

The pink manned mare then began to list the wonderful treats that Watermelon could try. The more she listened the more she stared hypnotically off into oblivion as some droll started to form in the corners of her mouth before dripping onto the ground. Something then snapped her out of her fog making her look around to figure out where she was.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, apple bread would be great."

Vinyl had to admit, this was a cosy little stall in the middle of nowhere - wasn't often that something like this was so impressively well prepared!

Still, she couldn't help but get entirely stuck into the cider that was presented to her...and was glad that she did, the refreshingly cold liquid having an immediately desired effect on her.

Truth be told, this was probably the best Cider she'd had in a little while, and she'd probably repeat customer from anypony who served something this good anytime!

"if you are hungry, I do recommend the hoof pies"

Vinyl looked up at the mare and gave a playful grin, the idea was somewhat appealling, considering she had kinda skipped breakfast - maybe a sweet pie wouldn't be such a bad plan for a moment such as this. She looks over her shades and gives the mare a small wink before she spoke.

" Alright then, if you reccomend 'em then they surely gotta be worth tryin'...I'll take one for now, and one for the road! "

• 2 weeks later...

Lady clapped her hooves at the fact that Vinyl seemed to enjoy her cider "Eeeh!" Though there was no time to gush right now! Time to give the hungry ponies their food! First off was little Watermelon Gush, She poured her a nice frothy mug of the sweet, pink treat, before taking a bit of wax paper, picking a good slice of the bread, studded with swirls of cinnamon and golden apple pieces, after buttering it generously she sat them down near the filly "That will be a Bit please" Her attention now on Vinyl " Ooh good choice" She said as she got out two of the sweet, flakey treats, stuffed with their dried apple preserves, and coated in a sweet, slightly pink glaze, putting one in a bag, and the other going into a neat cardboard sleeve for immediate consumption. "Since you are the first pony to try my hoof pies I'll give you one free, your total is One Bit Miss Scratch"

It was like a dream had come true for the young stallion, Javasun. While he's heard many good tales and legends about the Apple Families' cider it generally was never within the caffinated scholar's reach. Or any form of apple cider for that matter as stock tended to sale out almost immediately under Java's personal schedule. And now the rumors of Cider near Canterlot from a local vendor was all Java had needed to nearly vault off the side of the mountain, and free fall to the valleys below for just a small drop of sweet savory nectar. Both figuratively and literally - which was likely to be prevented by the guards.

When ever he arrived, he was in his usual attire. His mane in a disaster, like he was some sort of daft pony. And his coat was not much better. Yet somehow as always, he manages to keep his Waistcoat in immaculate condition. And almost like a permanent perfume, the aroma of coffee was thick on him.

he had his doubts, but was quickly relieved when he saw that the rumors were true. Ecstatic even, as a single word came from his jaws. “Cider,” was uttered in a curious note. His eyes were wide as he stood looking towards the line. His head was low for a moment, he couldn't quite believe it just yet. He trotted closer slowly till the words on the sign turned to be more easily distinguished.

“Cider? Cider? Cider? Cider...” The excitement grew with each word spoken bizarrely fast. His head rose up rising as he got closer and closer. His eyes growing much wider, till the pupils finally dilated. “YES,” he shouted with pure joy. His hooves couldn't carry him any faster to the end of the line with a dust cloud in hot pursuit.

“I can't believe that cider is actual sold this early in Canterlot! Finally, I get to try some for myself! Busy schedule brushed aside, of course.... but they were not to important! But this! This is nearly a once in a life time-..... maybe not that severe, but still!” Once again, spoken at an incredible speed.

The green filly was literally bouncing up and down as each second that passed by only teased at her desire to taste that cider and bread. Watermelon Gush was no stranger to sweet things, having her appearance and name related to possibly the sweetest fruit in Equestria! Admittedly her parents also spoiled her with various baked goods and sweets, especially during holidays.

"Thanks," she said with a cheery smile as the cider and bread were presented. With one fluid motion she dropped a bit on the table and before it stopped spinning grabbed the bread in one hoof and the glass in another. Not wanting to just down the whole thing at once, she took her time sipping and eating. And as the sweetness passed through her the world around her melted away and she began to dance on her two back hooves while taking random breaks to enjoy her tasty treats.

• 2 weeks later...

Vinyl was pretty much enjoying her treats delicious aroma, and was just taking a bite when the mare behind the counter made it even sweeter than she'd expected.

"Since you are the first pony to try my hoof pies I'll give you one free, your total is One Bit Miss Scratch"

The mare was kidding, right?

Vinyl knew good worthwhile food when she bit into it - sure, she wasn't a super talented chef or anything, that was obvious...but there was no mistaking that these rather awesome sweet treats were worth more than a bit for her trouble. The Unicorn DJ holds up a hoof and then rummages inside her sidesaddle and pulls out 3 bits...giving a playful smile and a wink over her shades at the mare behind the stand before speaking with a small chuckle.

" One for the Drink, one for the pie, and one for a pie to go...'cause I could seriously munch on more of these! "

She was serious, too - if heading home was what she was going to be doing for a little while, she may as well be munching on a delicious something while doing so!

Archived