Canterlot RP: The movie.

The setup for this: agroup of Canterlot.com members have been up all night drinking and having a good time in a real-life meet. This takes place the morning after, we all wake up in various parts of Equestria, AS A PONY, each alone and have to find each other and find Celestia to help us get home.

Just make an app based on yourself as a pony using your screen name. You can bring your RP characters in to meet yourself, etc. But just please be yourself. Please don't RP as your character unless you are RPing as yourself as well (basically treat your character as an NPC, and YOU are the main character.) If you need a good way of doing this creatively, look at Dio's app, since his screen name and main RP character are one in the same.

So far we have a group of ponies waking up in the Everfree forest, and we might have to close that, because I underestimated the popularity of the RP and it already has 7 members.

At ANY time you can break away from the main thread with the ponies you have found and continue the story as you make your way to Celestia (we're off the see the wizard!)

Ohhh, all over Equestria eh? I thought we were all gonna be in the Everfree Forest XD Or was that the case before we all decided to jump in? :D

It's before I woke up and a crap-ton of people had already applied :unsure: I decided it about 10 mins before posting this, based on concerns that were voiced in chat.

I seriously underestimated how many people would want to be in on this. We're looking at, among the people who have expressed interest in joining, at least 15.

I seriously underestimated how many people would want to be in on this. We're looking at, among the people who have expressed interest in joining, at least 15.

Woah. I wasn't expecting that :!: Wish my Maid rpg had gotten that much interest :blush:

I'll start off somewhere else then.

Also I'll have to actually get into the chat one of these days o_o

• 2 weeks later...

At Diego's sugestion, I'm popping this up here. Most of you have probably seen it, but I'd like to see what people think to the ideas publicly rather then via pm. I'm really not sure whether the last idea is down to my present odd mood, so please don't find it too wierd.

--

Hay there everyone. I have come to an astounding realisation about the movie thread, thought I might share it with you now and gauge what you think.

It occurs to me that when we eventually leave the forest we'd have the opportunity to gage to what extent our rping actually affects the world, leading Sophie to the following conclusions. That either this world is directly affected by what we have written, or that we have experienced a kind of collective hallucination and were never Human to begin with. These two theories give rise to two disturbing consequences. On the one hand, if we were never human then who were we before? On the other is the dreadful fact that we have effectively orchestrated this entire world, and that the denizens have no free will of their own. Imagine if every bad thing that has ever happened to you, every failed relationship and lapse of judgement was in fact caused souly for the entertainment of some otherworldly being?

How would twilight react if we recited back every letter she's sent to the princess since arriving in ponyvill? She might suspect spying at first, but the shear amount we know could lead her to only one conclusion, no matter how crazy it sounds. By others we would more then likely be seen as crazy, but if they did see through it to the truth.. the implications for their lives are dire. Our presence effectively strips them of their freewill. They are play things of narrative causality and the whim of unseen omnipresent beings. And worse still, now that we're here, who is writing our story?

Oddly though, the other side came to me first from a random dream I had.

Consider the following; what if the characters we now inhabit were also written? And what if one character's only purpose in being created, was to die? Simply as back story for the foal or husband she left behind?

I got to thinking about how Cherry would reacted if she were to were to run into her doppelganger's family. Maybe a foal running away from his father bumps into the group in the forest and ends up convinced that Cherry is his mother, come to save him from the dark scary forest. Despite having seen her perish himself and her having no memory of he or the father, she looks, speaks and even to some degree acts like the parent the foal saw taken crawly from him. And why not? For all intensive prepuces, as far as narrative is concerned, Cherry was his mother, even if it was only a few lines in some hastily written history.

The affect this would have on Cherry herself, of course, would be somewhat disturbing. She'd be left in the cruellest of positions. What is worse? Pushing him away or playing along only to make his pain worse when truth comes out? On top of this, she'd know to some extent that this world, and by the same note the foal himself, don't actually exist. They're just a figment of someone's imagination, that she is now trapped within.

Hmm, I have very weird dreams. Seriously I want to know; On a scale of Cheesy vs creepy, 0 being cheese, 5 being neutral and 10 being creepy, how bad is this idea of Cherry meeting her character's offspring?

Any who, some food for thought there :)

Cherryrie

Hmm, I have very weird dreams. Seriously I want to know; On a scale of Cheesy vs creepy, 0 being cheese, 5 being neutral and 10 being creepy, how bad is this idea of Cherry meeting her character's offspring?

Just to expand a little on what I said in PM, I don't think this idea is inherantly bad per-se, but it's more a case of it potentially being rather uncomfortable for other players, plus it may well go against the general mood and tone that this RP was intended for. That's something flutterscotch could perhaps answer. I think it's a fascinating idea, but probably something that might work better as a fic than an RP.

But that's my two bits.

It's an interesting thought that really hadn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it. I may work elements of that into the whole Dio and James dynamic, since at this point, Dio is pretty much consigned to spectating as James bumbles around in Equestria. As soon as the initial shock of the situation and the basic necessity of survival wears off, I think the deeper philosophical questions may arise.