Griffin Suggestions Thread

Pennwick

Griffins sure are jerks aren't they? Lets have a suggestions thread about 'em.

First you might want to check out a thread we had before the move: Lets Talk Griffins. There was a lot of good discussion there and I'd like to see that kind of interest rekindled.

Now, this may seem self serving but I'd like to re-pitch my idea on Griffin money. I kind of sense a little lack of respect between the two. Although Griffins probably appreciate the whole raising the sun thing Celestia does they probably would like to maintain an independent currency. I was thinking since Bits were gold the griffin money could be Silver. I don't have a set name for them but just calling them 'silver' seems fine. Each coin would be a fair bit larger than a silver dollar and worth 8 bits on average. Since a lot of things are worth less than a whole coin its often split into pieces known as 'eighths', 'quarters', or 'halfs'.

Hopefully I can get a little feedback on this.

Silver is neeeeever worth more than gold.

Also, need to be careful as Season 2 may change all speculations of the species etc. Would instantly nullify RP's if we go ahead and make stuff up that ends up being different/false.

Besides... Gilda's already shown she doesn't need currency. Meany mean pants & a thief!

We do have to make some assumptions though. Otherwise we wouldn't have Talonopolis and Rockwington.

Also why does silver have to be worth less than gold? It all depends on what ponies/griffins agree its worth. But if you say that Gold needs to be worth more than silver then how about something else. Perhaps griffins already use paper money. Throw out some suggestions.

We could just leave it vague for now but I think it makes sense that they would use different money. Just the fact that Ponies are led by Celestia and Griffins are led by the highest ranking families. Different systems of government would lend them to having different currencies.

Hmm... Do griffins have more advanced technology than ponies? Thinking through the money idea, I thought that griffins had no magic, and so they would have to turn out the money through machinery. Are they that much more advanced than ponies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... Do griffins have more advanced technology than ponies? Thinking through the money idea, I thought that griffins had no magic, and so they would have to turn out the money through machinery. Are they that much more advanced than ponies?

A little more advanced but not terribly much more so. Steam Technology, as an example, most likely or something along those lines. Probably still lay eggs in rookeries somewhere.

Actually. Skye mentioned steam. That makes me wonder if maybe they have developed the trains seen in 'over a barrel'. They wouldn't need them for personal transport but if they're working with all kinds of metal and ore they need to transport it somehow. Perhaps the train seen is a copy off the griffin one but without full understanding the Ponies could only pull the engine.

Actually. Skye mentioned steam. That makes me wonder if maybe they have developed the trains seen in 'over a barrel'. They wouldn't need them for personal transport but if they're working with all kinds of metal and ore they need to transport it somehow. Perhaps the train seen is a copy off the griffin one but without full understanding the Ponies could only pull the engine.

Interesting- that would be pretty good for an RP or storyline forwarder.

So, on the way home today, I was thinking about Griffins and Manehattan. Separately.

And then it came to Griffins IN Manehattan, and it occurred to me that a Griffin mixture of pigeon and alley cat would not only be visually hilarious, but could lead to an interesting dynamic. Regular Griffins would, of course, shun them as weird ******* cousins, but how would ponies feel about them?

So, on the way home today, I was thinking about Griffins and Manehattan. Separately.

And then it came to Griffins IN Manehattan, and it occurred to me that a Griffin mixture of pigeon and alley cat would not only be visually hilarious, but could lead to an interesting dynamic. Regular Griffins would, of course, shun them as weird ******* cousins, but how would ponies feel about them?

Probably think of the as adorable little cat/pigeon thing try to keep them as pets get their pelts clawed off release them and fear them FOREVER! :evil:

Probably think of the as adorable little cat/pigeon thing try to keep them as pets get their pelts clawed off release them and fear them FOREVER! :evil:

I had a friend who played a character elsewhere who was a cross between a housecat and a chicken...

• 2 weeks later...

When you say Giffins in Manehattan all I can think about is them forming a gang. And all of them have Cockney accents. I'm not sure if this is the best idea or the worst idea.