Warmth, Joy, and a open hearth (Open! Come one come pony!)

Harv0kz

((Not sure if CC and WoE chars can mix in same thread... dropping my WoE char in. Anyone who wants to join, max 2 chars at a time, resolve in one post.))

It had been snowing quite awhile outside. Saying the temperature got colder would be an understatement, it was freezing. Most ponies had already headed into their homes to escape Winter's touch, yet someponies had last minute things to do, and others just walked around, wondering what they would do. However, one building was still open, wide and welcoming. It's sign hung out as a breeze of wind nudged it slightly. It read The Fiery Star. Inside the tavern, one pony was just getting ready to keep the doors open until late into the night. It had been his tradition to keep his doors open for the odd pony who might happen to be running around during the time of Hearth's Warming Eve, and he made sure that he was well stocked for the long night. Usually, the ponies that gathered brought life into the place, told tales from places far, and brought many merry friends. Idly wiping the mugs and tabletops clean, he made sure the place was the image of shinning silver before he was satisfied that he was ready. He quickly stoked the fireplace and fed it more wood, the crackling flames giving warmth. The keeper then finally went behind his bar-counter, waiting for the first ponies to arrive.

A hoof opened the door to The Fiery Star, and a pony walked into the room. He wasn't clothed much for the weather here, a trenchcoat here, a scarf around his neck. One might say he appeared invigorated by the winter conditions. But the stallion knew that he wanted the heat, and welcomed the rest. Even if it was a holiday, his adventures don't stop, but a brief respite would keep him going in the long run. He approached and sat down on the one of the chairs at the bar, and removed most of the winter wear he wore. "Wayward! I wasn't expecting you to come across for another day or two, what brings you here quick?" The tavern keeper asked, his enthusiasm for both his first guest and friend. "The snow fell a little quicker this year. Made sense for me to get moving quicker" Wayward Amethyst replied. "Well, I'll just grab your usual, I hope you're staying around this time. Got many ponies coming around today." the tavern keeper said as he routinely grabbed a mug and filled it with cider.

Say, isn't it about Hearth's Warming Eve? Might as well stick around. Snow's getting deeper anyway.

Pathfinder.png

The weather outside was so frightful and delightful! Pathfinder wasn't a mare frightened of a little bit of snow, and even heavy, epic snowfall in the cloud layer did little to dampen her spirits. In fact it did the exact opposite, pendulum swinging every which way sorta mood swings up there. The storm grew a bit more vicious and had a bit of a antagonistic twinge to it, a bite that brutalized a pony's defenses and made them rethink their current course. Pathfinder loved nature's little loving nibbles like that as the storm, somewhat errant as local weather teams had not corralled it effectively, drew in. Heavy snow and sleet blanketed the region but no fiercer or thicker than above the lower level of cloud cover. Pegasi tended to create what was known affectionately as farm clouds that softened the weather that was hitting the ground should a request be granted from those below that the required storm not flood them out of their homes, thank you very much. Well, nopony had seemingly asked for that in this area!

She flew through the storm, lapping it all up with the satisfied grin of a madpony before she dove under the cloud cover to get a look at the sweet soft snow's tricks on the hard ground below. It was a whiteout or nearly so in every direction, like it was the very tip of the Crystal Empire. She wished it was the very tip of the Crystal Empire. Then they would have some sort of awesome cool adventure involving snow monsters and a missing pony or five who were being eaten by the aforementioned snow monsters. Maybe darf magic turned them all into snowflakes. Who knows what mysteries root themselves with great strength in the dark, or in this case super bright white, reaches of Equestria? Pathfinder knew because that's where she made her living, beig the super bestest adventurer since her lithe pony waifu Daring Do!

She cut down the clouds and spotted a tavern not far off. Her stomach suddenly let out a few of the grumbly rumblies and her mouth watered. It was Hearth's Warming Eve and while that didn't mean a super duper whole heck of a lot to her, she was still in a festive mood because of the storm. She flew down to the ground, landing somewhat awakrdly outside of the tavern because of the cutting wind, and then bounded into the tavern.

"Hello hello hello tavernkeep! Been a full day and a half since I've been in one, totally famished. How're ya doin' this fine Hearth's Warming Eve?" She asked as she trotted up to a chair at the counter, sitting on with such speed that she spun in place twice.

Just as Wayward was brought his drink, the Tavern keep saw a pegasus suddenly appear and quickly trot in, making a beeline for one of the counter seats as she asked him how he was, and guessing from a part of her question, he knew he'd breaking out food quite quickly. "Hello friend! And a happy Hearth's Warming Eve to you too. For me, it's a bit early to begin the fun and joy, that will be when the other ponies decide to stay awhile." he replied. "Do stay for the festivities, it's a yearly thing I pull every Hearth's Warming Eve, just ask me friend Wayward here. So, can I get ya anything?" The Tavern keep asked as he had a few bits passed over to him on the counter-top by Wayward, who muttered something out of annoyance as he was pushed into giving his word towards his friend's reputation. "Yep. He just about does this every year. Big crowd, Cider and a hot meal at a cut price, and a warm place for the night when the snow here decides to fall heavily. Oh, lets not forget the ponies."

He quickly peeked over into the satchel that he carried with him, nested under a scarf and a coat. A few bits at first glance told him that the rest were probably in his separate pouch, or that those were his last bits. He didn't care, it was Hearth's Warming Eve, everypony was generous. As long as it weren't Canterlot or Manehatten. Big city ponies like their money during the working days, and even more during the holidays. He finally turned his attention to the third pony in the room. "So, what bring around these parts? The tavern or the festivities?" he asked her. Although, he'd much rather be recording the recent path he took to get to here. A new route, and a adequately quick one. Just... not the one to take in the middle of Winter.

Now... did I take the left or right turn at that forest? All the trees look the same.

Archived