Equestria Divided Rp (Check OCC for Signups)

Shadowbolt0

The mare jerked out of his grip, turning her gaze to the floor again. Eclipse raised an eyebrow at her excuse. He knew it wasn't true. After all there was nothing to trip on and Midnight seemed to be pretty coordinated. She was probably just stressed, he couldn't blame her, he was stressed as well. With that in mind, Eclipse decided to approach this a different way, like how he tried to get the slaves to trust him and prove that he was truly a friend. Despite what this war had done, ponies were still social creatures and yearned for companionship. The best way that ponies both young and adult grew to know each other was through play. Hopefully through a bit of play he could get her to loosen up, relax, and share what was really on her mind.

Putting on his sweetest, most disarming smile, Eclipse cocked his head and leaned his face down into Midnight's field of view. "I never expected you to be the clumsy type," she said, playfully batting a bit of her mane away from her face.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight kept her head down, did Eclipse like her, how she liked him? Did he? Maybe he did, she hoped he did. but maybe he didn't, maybe it wasn't to be. It all swamped Midnights' mind, and she was just trying to keep all her thoughts in check. Right as Eclipse came into her line-of-sight, with a smile that she couldn't help but smile at seeing. She actually felt warmer in her chest seeing the smile, but that's when the burning in her cheeks also came back like a train hitting her in the gut, and she had no where to turn that Eclipse wouldn't see her blush.

"We-well, looks like i'm clumsy, hehehe, yeah, clumsy, who'd of guessed" Midnight laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck and taking a slight step back from Eclipse. "You know, silly me, clumsy, and all that.."

Midnight closed her eyes, trying to keep herself in check. Part of her just wanted to jump at Eclipse and kiss him, but she was scared he didn't want her in that way, and would be making him scared of her if she did. But, how could she know he did like her? What if he did, but didn't know how to show it to her? What if he was still mourning over his dead wife..what if? What if? Those questions plagued her mind, and always ran around.

"Aren't we all...when we run into another room we're unfamiliar with? heheeh"

Eclipse couldn't quite figure out the problem, but even though Midnight stepped away, he wasn't discouraged. Especially after what he saw. A faint red tint had taken over her cheeks a moment ago, but he wasn't sure if he'd seen correctly. Besides, If she wanted him to leave, she'd have told him so.Back in the pens, everypony was different. Stallion's tended to open up with some reinforcing touches and casual chatter about something they could all relate to. While mare's were a bit slower to respond, they tended to be more in need of physicality. Something about a caring nuzzle, bodily contact, and a warm touch just opened them up.

"Well, can't have you tripping over your hooves, now can we? Bruises don't suit you," he said, chuckling and he made stepped closer, gently booping her on the tip of the nose. The stallion slowly circled around her until he was peering over Midnight's shoulder. "You may be the tactician, but I'll be guiding you for now."

He chuckled quietly, reaching around her her body with his front legs and resting his hooves on her. He could feel her body's weak shivers against his chest every so often, but he just chalked it up to her being uncertain how to say what she had to say. This sort of thing usually got the female slaves to be more open with him. Perhaps this sort of affirmation of his willingness to be there for her was what Midnight needed. "There's a trick to it, walking, that is." Eclipse carefully lifted one of her hooves up. "Taking it one step at a time is the key." While he considered this play, his feelings were completely sincere. If Midnight were to be hurt to the degree that she couldn't walk unaided, the he'd gladly be her legs.

Midnight felt slightly foolish, with Eclipse. Her thoughts were everywhere, and she was trying to keep all of it focused, right as Eclipse booped her nose. Her cheeks turned the colors of tomatos', and made a yipping noise as he walked behind her. She felt her body shaking, trembling at almost each touch of Eclipse. She couldn't help it, it felt like lightning against her fur.

Even with him hijacking her legs, she felt lightning running through her body, her heart was starting to race and her breathing was starting to increase. She was unsure if Eclipse was trying to make a move, or if he was just trying to be nice. She couldn't tell, but it wasn't helping her mood.

"U-uummm, one, step at a time...." She felt something racing around her body, comfort. It felt so good, so natural, to be with Eclipse. She was comfortable with him, she enjoyed all the time they'd spent together, and she felt something coming out from her throat, and without being able to stop it, blurted out.

"Eclipse, i think i love you!"

Midnight felt herself completely freeze, shocked at what she had just said out loud. She felt herself take very heavy breaths, scared at what just happened.

She didn't know what to say, and froze entirely. She closed her eyes, praying that she hadn't scared Eclipse away.

"I'm...i mean, i...i'm..."

Midnight's sudden reveal caused the stallion to stop his ministrations, nearly letting go of her hooves in the process. She thinks that she loves him. But how did he feel about her? They had gotten close, really close in the days they'd been together in the griffon's country. She was a great friend and teammate, but there had always been a little bit more there, tugging at the back of his mind. Her voice when cheerful brought him to the top of the world, and when sadden could make him go to great length's to bring the light back to hers. He'd wanted to protect her as a friend, but slowly grew more comfortable until he could imagine not thinking about her well being. It wasn't a consuming thought pattern, but enough for the mare to be prominent in his mind. He'd never really thought about his growing feelings, but each thought about them being together like that sent warmth through his body, forcing a grin to form on his muzzle. Still, there was a problem. He came with a hole in his heart and it was shaped like Illcaster. Every relationship he'd tried had failed because of a space that no mare could fill. But here, in this place he'd started to let go. Perhaps it would be alright this this time, he had to be sure that she really wanted to take this step though.

Leaning against her, he wrapped his hooves around body in a soft hug and nuzzled her cheek. "Can you say with with certainty, Midnight? That you've fallen for me, a stallion with a mile wide hole in his heart; that you think my affection, my touch would make you happy? You are intelligent, kind, gentle, and beautiful; I am wholly undeserving of a mare such as yourself... so tell me. Do you truly believe that we can have something special and fully accept each other? If you say yes, Midnight, then I'll commit to us, because your feelings aren't one-sided."

Midnight smiled as Eclipse hugged her. Out of everything he could have done, she was so glad he hadn't left her. If he had, she honestly didn't know what she'd do.

"Eclipse, before i met you, what i was living wasn't worth calling a life. After i met you, i'm alive now. I'm more alive then i have ever been in my life, and i'm so greatful for it. I couldn't be happier, to be with you. You make me smile, you try your best to help and protect me,shield me to the best of your abilities. I couldn't be happier with you, and you complete me. You are not undeserving of me, if anything, it's the other way around. And i truly believe that we have something, as long as you understand that i, and Noctrina, are the same in many ways. If you can look past that me and her, are the same, and she has none of my feelings, then yes. We truly do Eclpise."

Midnight tightened her grip on Eclipse, not wanting to let go "I may not be Illcaster, and, i may be two ponies at once. B-but, like you said before, our stories will be remembered. If only by us, and i know that i want to be with you forever. No matter what happens, Eclipse, our bond is made through blood and friendship, and i love you. No matter what, i love you with all of my heart, and my souls"

"That's more than enough for me," Eclipse said quietly.

The weight on his back felt as if it had decreased once again, freeing up more of himself for other pursuits. He felt lighter, livelier, and happier than he'd been in a long time. Protect canterlot and slaughter the earthborn had been the only two things he lived for for a long time, but now there was something else. It hadn't even been a minute since they'd given themselves over to each other, but just that simple act had already proven more fulfilling and uplifting than almost every battle he'd won. "In such a short time, you've become my world, Midnight..."

Moving in front her, Eclipse stared into her eyes, finding nothing pure genuine love and sincerity. Leaning in, he closed his eyes and let his breath hang. He'd only go as far as Midnight was willing to, so he'd wait for her to meet him for their first kiss.

Midnight felt a giant grin on her face, lighting racing all over body as Eclipse said she was his world. Did she really mean that much to him? If she did, then there was no way they, no, any of them was going to die in this Griffon Empire hell, they'd break out, she swore she'd find a way to get everyone out, or die trying. Her life, 20 years of being a slave and living life as less than a pony, had finally come to the point she felt grateful to be alive, one of the few times she could ever say that. "And you're mine, Eclipse. Before you, i wasn't grateful for life, but now i refuse to give it up, now i have you"

When Midnight saw Eclipse move in front of her, looking into her eyes, she felt herself freeze up again. Was he..? Her question was answered by him closing his eyes and leaning in slightly. Midnight felt her breath vanish from her body, shaking. This is really happening! This isn't a dream, no, this is reality. And if its a dream, i never want to take up from this'

She leaned forwards, putting her hoof on Eclipses cheek, closing her eyes, after taking a deep breath trying, and failing, to contain her excitement and fear, she pressed her lips against Eclipses. It felt like she'd been struck by dozens of lightning bolts at the same time, her body felt like it was on fire, in a good way. She was shaking madly, so happy that her fears were wrong, and now she was with him, nothing could be better.

For a moment, Eclipse feared that Midnight would succumb to the uncertainty of their situation and retract her feelings. The tension in his chest reached an all time high as he waited for her to join him him. Each second felt like agonizing hours as he awaited her acceptance and the first physical act they'd perform as a couple. A hoof lightly brushed against his cheek. Eclipse hummed, nuzzling Midnight's hoof. He'd missed such honest contact over the years.

The moment Midnight's lips contacted his, he melted into her touch. Leaning further into the kiss, almost desperately seeking to affirm that this was really how they felt about it. It was unstallion-like, but Eclipse didn't care. A few tears fell down his cheek, escaping with pent up affection that he'd live with for all these years. Pulling back, he licked her on the tip of the nose before drawing the mare into a hug and nuzzling her her. He was overcome, causing his brain say the first thing that came to mind. "Thank you, Midnight..."

Archived