Equestria Divided Rp (Check OCC for Signups)

Shadowbolt0

War, Equestria has been at it for years, each house has shed blood. But there is one battle famous, even annual. The battle for New Ponyville.

Since its construction years ago, the Earthborn house had been its sole protectors, removing the horns of any Unicorn that crossed its path. Each year, in anger of these transgressions, the Moon and Star house send an army to liberate New Ponyville, and every single year, regardless of how many troops that they mass, it always ends the same way. With the Earthborn forces beating Moon and Star back. This year, it occurs again.

The Earthborn forces relaxing in New Ponyville, chatting, drinking, the Earthborn preparation for battle, with only the high commanders saying sane enough to make commands. Many of them attempt to get some action, others simply prepare for the battle. Everypony had their own way of dealing with the stress of battle.

The Moon and Star forces camp their base within the forest, preparing for their assault across the flatland to New Ponyville. Their forces are spread out, long ago learning what occurs when the machines of Mad Mechanic Apple Bloom. They remain as hidden as possible, await their orders to march.

But, there was another force waiting. Whitegold, a small group from the capital, along with hundreds of mercenaries, which waiting under the mountain. They wanted Ponyville for one reason alone, money. Ponyville was a huge place for trade, money was their desire and controlling the town would give them more access to funds and unique items.

However, the hunter is often unseen, as the forces on the group prepared for war, they were preparing themselves. Controllers of the sky, maskers of the air. The Stormwind were waiting for the battle to end, before starting it again. But, not for ownership over a town, but the glory of battle.

But there is a 5th force, a force that no pony excepted to be involved, the cult of Laughter. Under direct orders, they plan to bring chaos to this battle, with forces deployed in both Moon and Star, and Earthborn. A glorious death for the Laughing mare!

The moon is low, and the sun’s raising soon, the blood of thousands will stain the ground, and with that knowledge, everypony will be doing what they do. For soon, war will start.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Whitetail moutain, looking over the plain that would soon become a battlefield, a mare watched. Her fur was blue, her mane and tail, also blue. But her eyes, were blood red. Her blue mane covered her left eye, and her right, red as blood, watched. Her armor was simple, nothing special, but what was, was her weapon.

A large shield sitting on her left foreleg, with a split in the middle. Hidden inside, a blade. How her weapon had been made, she had no idea, unicorns are Whitegold were good, they knew their stuff.

Behind her, hidden in the moutain, a small force of Pegasi warriors sat, chatting, waiting for their commanders orders. Despite how restless they were, they didn't question Noctrina's orders. Rumor in House Stormwing was she killed any troop that questioned her, that even Rainbow Dash feared her. While the latter was not true, it was a good rumor to have, kept her in power.

You shouldn't do that, the more they fear us, the more they might abandon us' ​ said a voice in her head.

I don't care what they think of me, all i care about is killing' She replied, why would she? She was..no, they were created for 1 reason, to wage war, to be the perfect solider.

'I know, but...'

'Listen! We were designed to kill, you use your mind, i use our body. We stay like this, and we stay alive;

Their conversation ended there, but to anypony who looked at her, there was nothing. Her right eye was still red, but hidden under the mane, her left had turned Blue.

Phantsama or Gear Shift, as she was to be called while she maintained this facade, was diligently "working" on a few of the Earthborn's cannons in New Ponyville. She had come to them under the guise of an engineer locking for somewhere to put her skills to good use. She had been warned about commander Applejack. None of the prophets knew if the Apple mare would be present, but Phantasma had been instructed to be wary around her. They knew about the eye of truth, but had no idea how to counter it. Phantasma knew how though, it was obvious. Simply tell no tales. The name and the reason, were all hers and completely true. Yet, every time she heard the name flow from somepony's mouth at her she felt like she was betraying everything she was. She wasn't that mare anymore. Everypony seemed satisfied with her two answers and never pushed further than that, making it incredible easy to get into a perfect position to ensure that Earthborn's waltz with Moon and Star would turn out as macabre as possible.

These pieces... each section created to ensure maximum carnage and fire efficiency. Engineering excellence... She giggled madly out loud. The chilling sound echoing throughout the store room. Heads turned to stare at the salmon coated mare. Gear Shift smiled sweetly at the stallions and brushed her black and fuchsia mane away from her face. In the days she'd been she was hit on at least three times. The stallions think 'm pretty. Her smile deformed into a sinister, predatory grin, causing the stallions to quickly return to their work. Pretty, pretty, PRETTY!!! I ONLY WANT TO BE PRETTY FOR ONE STALLION!!! She slammed her hooves against the body of the cannon filling the room with the clang of hooves on metal. She snorted loudly and made a sound somewhere between a chuckle and a sob.

"The breech base is connected to the...base ring... The base ring's connected to the... Vent field fields..." She continued to work to her song about the mechanical wonders of cannons and her own occasional sobs. She made sure that every cannon she serviced was in perfect condition and would perfectly misfire upon use. It would be glorious! The ponies operating the piece of brilliant tech would be blown to bits the moment the use hit the gunpowder there probably even still be enough propulsion for the cannonball to still kill a few Moon and Star ponies! For a moment she wondered if the other cultists were out and about doing things similar to her, but soon dismissed the thought... She didn't really care about them. Only her deal with the prophets and the Laughing Mare were all that mattered at the moment.

"Hey, ya okay?" A stallion's voice called out to her.

Gear looked up and was surprised when she locked eyes with the shimmering purple gaze of the pony who had addressed her. She knew this stallion. He'd been sweet on her since the day she got here, but unlike the other stallions, he was always reserved and polite. He was genuinely interested in her, not her rump. It was a welcome change. She felt her face heat up from the blood rushing to her cheeks. No! Bad, bad, bad thoughts! She bit her tongue forcefully, breaking her from her lust. It wasn't gone, but the urges in her head had now been reduced to two.

"Y-yeah..." she eked out, much more timid than she meant. He simply smiled back at her.

"Ya seem a lil out of it... well more-so tahday than usual. What's going on?" His voice was laced with concern.

Gear looked at the floor. "It's just... This upcoming battle... I lost my foal and my husband in the crossfire of a battle between Moon and Star and Earthborn..." She bit her tongue again for telling somepony that. Beat his face, slit his throat, use his entrails like a gory jump rope! No!

His smile faded a little. "Ah'm sorry tah hear that... dang... now mah question is gonna feel really awkward." The stallion scratched the back of his head. "um... Ah just wanted tah know if ya wanted to go out for tea or something?" He tried to smile naturally, but it just wasn't working. "I'm sorry." He turned to leave, but a hoof on his shoulder stopped him.

"No, it's alright. In fact, I'd love to. But, I have one condition. I don't like crowds... so, could we have tea at your place?" She asked innocently, eyeing the badges on his uniform the entire time.

He nodded nervously. "Sure, that's f-fine." He trotted over to the door of the store room and held it open for her, like the gentlestallion he was. Once Gear Shift was outside he let the door close behind her and trotted off towards his home with her in tow. Maybe... Maybe I can be pretty for him... Just for a little while.

"...The moon says its goodbye. A pity." The assassin remarked, watching the moon set beside his commander.

The sky dimmed and the stars continued to glimmer. But he knew even they would they would eventually have to say their own farewell. Blood would pour over the horizon of the coming dawn. And none would be spared from its carnage.

"...Are we truly certain we'll be able to take New Ponyville? As history would have it, it seems that none the other attempts we made have had any sort of effect, no matter how magic and trickery we use." The assassin quietly nursed the flask of strawberry brandy in his hand, taking small sips at a time.

The wind rustled the wild grass, the ocean of green before them churned under its bidding, and sparkled as the last bit of moonlight ran to the edge of the world and vanished with the moon.

"We could at least change when we attack so we aren't always so dam predictable. That way their toys are not all set up and ready to batter our soldiers around. No use in complaining now. I just think its a waste of resources. Not like the resources aren't already wasting themselves..." The cloaked unicorn turned a crimson eye to the mass of wizards and soldiers at the drinking table behind them, getting drunk and pouring out their sadness at the eve of their inevitable demise, their end as tangible and bitter as the booze from which they seek to numb their pain.

A pitiful cycle of irony.

Eclipse nodded, silently agreeing with the pony seated next to him. The presence of the moon reminded the stallion of the princess he joined the guard to protect and serve all those years ago. Back before the mantle of soldier for the sun/moon was just a mask for unicorn supremacists to play charades with. Eclipse stood by Canterlot and Twilight, through it all, but he couldn't quite tell when it all went wrong. When had Twilight become such a megalomaniac or was she always like that and Celestia was the peg keeping her chained to the wall? What exactly happened between her and the other Elements of Harmony to break them up and cause all plunge Equestria into this crapsack facade of Equestria they currently lived in?

Originally he had come out to this hill to think and be alone, but he didn't mind the assassin's company. Eclipse had just finished slapping around an inquisitor who was trying to have his way with a slave mare. It made him sick. In a sea of slavery and hyper religious murderous inquisitors, as professional killer whose allegiance wasn't based on a faith the gods themselves didn't even want was a breath of fresh air.

Eclipse looked back at the other officers careless forces as they partied their chances of victory away. Then he looked at his squads. Everypony was working diligently, checking equipment and running through drills and scenario's. "Probably not, we're likely leading everypony here to a slaughter. Earthborn is hunkered down good. They've got number and superior mobile armor platforms. Our strongest weapons are predictable as well. The cannons only work in the sun, so we have to move into position at night. Once the sun comes up well easily be found out by any earthborn who looks hard enough, so we have to attack at first light. It's so textbook... A foal could plan around our assault." He sighed then looked at the stallion next to him.

"Which is why I want you with my ponies this time. Earthborn is strong, but without their tech support they are nothing. Now that I have direct command of a few squads, I'll be running artillery and armor interference. If we can keep them from shelling us to Tartarus, we can make it to into New Ponyville and If we keep the tanks from coming out of the city, we can handle them much easier." He looked in the direction of New Ponyville, keeping the death toll from the upcoming battle as low as possible on M&S's side was his top priority.

The spies had all been correct, by some stroke of luck every house that wanted Ponyville had arrived at nearly the same time. They didn't have specifics, but he'd been given a rough estimate of where they had all been camped, subterfuge and sabotage would have to see to the rest.

Obsidian Blackwell, one time lowlife and current pony of fortune, loaded the last of his pistols. They were of fine make and design, the finest things he owned as a matter of fact, he'd received them as payment for a caravan heist he'd staged years ago, at the time he'd been furious that his payment wasn't actual bits, but after a while he'd grown to master them, and having them had brought him more fortune. The unicorn slid the sixth and final pistol into it's holster, his pet mongoose, Cherisse, chittered in his ear; he chuckled a bit, she always made fun of him for his love of the pistols. He scratched her head and moved to look outside of the tent, Cherisse ducking into his coat as he did so, the Whitegold forces had been camped at the base of the Whitetail mountains for two days now, the forest around them concealing the small force from view.

If house Whitegold could take ponyville, their wealth would be significantly increased, it would give them access to more resources, and give them a stronger foothold in Equestria. Despite all of this though, Obsidian couldn't help but think....this could be a terrible mistake, taking ponyville would make Whitegold an official enemy in the country wide war, and would bring the full aggression of the houses down upon them. If this didn't go well, it could prove fatal.

"Well...that really begs the question now..." The assassin began, clicking his teeth as he had unknowingly finished off the rest of his favorite drink.

A hoof reached up from the grass and they trade flasks, before the hoof disappeared into the grass once more.

"Which would you have me and my men focus on? I couldn't tell you how to dismantle a tank, screw by screw, but I do know how to dismantle a pony or two in half, and frankly-...actually, you know what, we could sabotage those tanks. I know we have a few alchemists around here who may be able to produce a corroding agent, which we could pour on the axles of the tanks."

The assassin knocked his head back a little and chugged his strawberry brandy a little, still sober, especially from the epiphany he just had. He separated his lips from the flask and capped it with an exhaling breath of satisfaction.

"And just to put the icing on the cake, we could use that agent to burrow holes into their cannonballs and pour nitroglycerin into the holes, reseal them, and when they put in the cannonballs? Boom. Dropping in those cannonballs will have enough force to disturb the volatile liquid inside and cause it to explode, destroying both their artillery and anyone near by. But if we're going to do this, we need to go now. What are your orders?"

A blue coated pegasus sat in a dark corner of one of the many building in new ponyville. She was slowly stitching together different pieces of manes from multiple ponies, turning it into a multicolored wig. She set the macabre wig upon her head and chuckled. " Look at me! I'm the Rainbow Kunt! HA! " She said to the air around her. The mare then carefully removed her new hairstyle, petting it as she replaced it atop a mannequin head in the building. She then swept a hoof through her messy mane, doing little to make it any better, before trotting out the door of the abandoned home.

She'd been using the house as a safe place to engage in some of her more taboo practices, away from prying eyes. She made her way towards the smithy to see if they'd finished sharpening her blade and maintaining her armor. She walked in the door, hearing the door bell tinkle ans she entered. Glancing up at the bell, she reached up a hoof and flicked the bell four more times, giggling as she did so.

Trotting up to the smith, who was trying his best to ignore the mare, she cleared her throat to get his attention. Sighing, the smith quit what he was doing and focused his attention on the mare. " I know why you're here. Your stuff's over there. Also, Commander Lightning was looking for you. " Going back to his work, he hoped vehemently that the mare would leave. He also hoped she would die in the upcoming battle, but knew better than to hope for that, given the crazed mares track record.

Skyfire grinned at the smith, then trotted over to her gear, gathering it up and strapping it on in his shop, before heading out his door, reaching back in to flick his bell again before letting the door close. She walked past multiple siege machines and fortifications as she headed towards Lightnings command center. The guards at the door stood aside as she approached, and she smiled sweetly at them as she opened the door and entered the building. She glanced around inside, looking for Lightning.

Finding her, Skyfire trotted up behind her and sat down a few feet away. " Commander... " She had a smirk on her muzzle as she awaited the commander to acknowledge her.

Lightning ran her hoof through her mane. M&S were predictable, but that didn't mean they were to be taken lightly. Their Pegasi forces were dwindled at best, meaning that their control over the sky was not going to be uncontested. It also meant she would have to take the field. The only consolation that she found with that is, she had Skyfire with her.

Lightning had taught Skyfire everything she knew, and she had no doubt that Skyfire was better at her in combat. The crazy mare almost loved danger, death didn't scare her. Something that Lightning just hoped wouldn't actually occur. Her biggest fear, House Stormwing would show up. If they did, she'd have to get her Pegasi to fend them off, House Earthborn was good, but against Pegasi attack formations, they were nothing but targets.

And if i know Rainbow, she'll have her leading the attack..' was her last thought before she heard a voice behind her, a small smile creepying on her face as she knew who it was instantly.

Skyfire, good to see you're hear. I fear that we're in more trouble then the Earth Ponies are letting on." she turned to face her what she considered her best Pegasi soldier, the only hope for the Earthborn Air forces. "M&S seem to be waiting, as they always do. But that's not what i'm concerned about. It's the stormclouds that are hanging around north of the battlefield. If anything, it looks like Rainbow Dash plans to enter the battle with her Pegasi, when, i don't know. But they are waiting. If they arrive, they could tip the balance out of our hooves into their own, and if that happens. We'll be crushed. I need you to do something special, just for me, on the battlefield..." Lightning had lost her smile, her mane was in disarray. It was obvious the situation had been plagueing her mind for ages, but there was nothing they could do. Sending a team to check might provoke Rainbow's forces, and Moon would be quick to back them up, then betray them. The other option is wait, and hope that it's not Stormwing.

"If you see any Stormwing Pegasi, you're to take a section of the Pegasi guard and instantly block them off. I don't care how, just do it...And, if the rumors are true, you'll have to be careful. Rainbow said she'd created the perfect soldier, if you see this Pegasus, you are to take them off the battlefield, then come and get me. Do not engage the abomination alone.." Lightning tossed her map to the ground, holding her head lightly. Everything was getting to her, command, the dangers, her troops on the line.

"I'm sorry Sky, it's just..All of this, it's just getting to me. They demand answers, and there is nothing i can do"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Whitegold base, a Rifleman looked around, spotting Obsidian by himself. He was quite small, only 20 years old, a brown unicorn. He help his rifle close, and eventually spoke up.

"E-excuse me? I-i don't mean to intrude..but i couldn't help but notice, you're little friend." He jestured towards Obsidians Mongoose"I, well, i was just wondering what his name was...Oh, right! I'm Shadles, Private Shadles, sir.." He did a very, very poor salute. It was obvious, given his jittery stance and movement, he was either very, very ill, or very very nervious.

The poor lad who had approached him was practically shaking with nervousness, Obsidian smiled at this, and turned to face the other fellow, "Well private Shadles, HER name is Cherisse, and she's the classiest lady I know, not to mention my oldest friend." He stood up after saying this, making sure all of his equipment was ready, the other troops knew it was time to move out soon, and so were almost ready to go themselves. He turned back to Shadles, "We're moving across the river to Sunny Hills, where we will meet up with the local diamond dog packs of the area, we'll be spending most of the battle down there, peaking through hidden lookout points and watching the action, when we do join we'll have dogs to back us up, now pack up, we're about to head out."

Shadles smiled, seemingly calming down. He'd always loved animals, but his family wanted him to serve on the front line, and he'd lost the ensuing argument."S-sir, if i can ask, why are we hiding? S-surely we can hire ponies to just run at Ponyville until we get it? L-like, wouldn't that be easier then hiding in tunnels with those..animals?" He asked. At Obsidian's order they were moving, Shadles quickly grabbed his rifle, and what ammo he had. He didn't have many equipment, just sleeping equipment. It was all he count afford, but it was enough.

Topaz, a Sergeant of the Whitegold forces, walked over to Shadles and Obsidian. "Obsidian, Shadles...It's time, we're moving into the caves for protection. It's best if we move now, while the sun is still down" Shadles quickly makes his way to the cave enterance, leaving Topaz and Obsidian alone. The mare had bright yellow eyes, with a glowing amber main, she saluted him "Captain, the dogs are awaiting our arrival. We are moving now i presume?"

Skyfire rolled her eyes and reached out a hoof to lift up Lightnings chin. She still had a smirk on her face as she rushed forward and locked lips with her commadner, kissing her forcefully. Pulling away after a few seconds, she waggled her eyebrows at her commander. " Puh-lease! If you think that scarred up dike is going to take me down, you don't know me that well at all! Which is strange, given how well we got to know each other last nigh-t. " She put extra emphasis on the 'T' at the end of night, lowering her eyelids and licking her lips. " Also, are you sure you want me to 'come, then get you'? Are you sure you don't want me to 'get you, then cum'? She laughed and had to wipe a tear of mirth from her eye.

" Oh, sometimes I just crack myself up! " She gently stroked Lightnings mane a few times, gazing into her eyes. " Trust me, I'll be fiiine. And so will you. Well, I mean we're both fine already, mighty fine might I add. " She'd poked Lightning in the chest with a hoof when she'd said 'you', then glanced at the turquoise pegasus's flank as she said 'mighty'. Bringing her amethyst eyes back up to Lightnings, she stuck out her tongue at the mare, then licked her snout. Pulling away, she giggled and struck a sexy pose. " I mean come on! We wouldn't have chosen each other as lovers had we not known we were both among the best. And since Rain-Butch Dash was busy being a stormwing flunky, I had to settle for you. " She made a pouting face, then laughed.

" Naw, naw, but in all seriousness, you're totally third best pegasus. Rainbow's above you, and I'm above Both of you! " She laughed again, holding her side in mock pain. " Naw, naw, I kid, I kid...SO! Want any help planning the defense? Or would you rather just buck my brains out one more time before we all potentially 'die'. " She brought up her hooves and made air quotes as she said 'die'.

Obsidian shuffled a bit in his coat before he looked to Topaz, Shadles had run off before he could answer him sadly, he seemed like a good soldier, and Obsidian hoped that he would make it through the ensuing battle. He realized Topaz had been waiting for him to answer, and quickly righted himself, "Yes sergeant, our dignitaries have been instructing the dogs to make pitfalls and traps all along the potential battlefield, if everything goes well we won't have to take the field too early, and after they've dug deeper towards ponyville, we'll be able to ambush our opponents from underground."

He had been walking with their forces as he said this, and the troops near the front had already forded the river, "One thing that concerns me Topaz, those griffins...I don't like those shifty fellows being here, why would they possibly side with us rather than stormwing?"

Lightning was enjoying herself with Sky, the mare always knew how to release the tension that she was feeling, and looked great doing it. Her flirting always formed a blush on Lightning’s face.

It’s less Rainbow, and more the abomination, that thing is meant to be unstoppable…” she would have continued, but knew it was probably going to be pointless. If Lightning had learnt anything with Sky, once she got started, it was always going to end the same way. But, Lighting took another good look at the mare, no matter what they said about her mind, Sky had a rocking body.

Lightning checked outside her tent quickly, the guards were gone, but that was probably better given what she was planning. She closed the tent door, getting behind Skyfire.

You could help me with planning…” she said, grabbing Sky as tightly as she could from behind, and pulling them to the ground. She however, was prepared and quckly stood back up, pinning Skyfire to the ground. Lightning licked her lips, she needed to blow off some steam, and Skyfire knew all the tricks to help her “but I think I’ll take you up on your second offer, it sounds more fun”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topaz frowned at Obsidians question. She didn’t honestly know, all she knew is they were hired as ‘shocktroopers’ to go in, do damage and die. The mare looked uncomfortable, she normally had all the answers for Obsidian, however this time, she was absolutely clueless.

“I-I’m sorry sir, but, I don’t know. I assume that not all Griffins support the Stormwing cause, like how not all Pegasi do. T-that or I guess they really like money..S-sir” Honestly, the mare didn’t understand why Obsidian found it that odd. Whitegold was full of ponies who cared about just money or prestige, why would it be uncommon for Griffins to just want money. “Maybe all their birdbrains can see are shiny objects and they want those?” she laughed slightly, it was a funny mental image for the mare.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noctrina hadn't moved, she had just sat at the ledge of the mountain, watching and waiting. The moment the run rises, there would be war, glorious battle. but first, she needed to secure her own reinforcements. She walked into the cave, and instantly, it became quiet, and for good reason. The pegasi in this cave say what happenes when you talk over Noctrina, a gruesome death that involves no wings and a really, really long fall.

"Thunder, Streamline, Lightning, Flash..Come here" she ordered, as the 4 mentioned Pegasi runners came to her. All of them feared her, feared they were going to be gutted open like fish.

Instead, she handed them a sattlebag she had, 1 for each Pegasi "Fly to the old Ponyville, then open them. Inside you'll have instructions telling you were our reinforcements are. Each of you are to find 1 segment and tell them that we will be deploying ahead of planned. Go" Where some troops might ask why, they didn't. No pony questions her, well, no pony alive.

Are you sure deploying early is a good idea? If we dive into the giant battle, there is a chance we'll get overun!

Don't be silly! We'll time it right, besides, our orders are too kill enemy commanders. Specifically Earthborn ones, and Rainbow says there is a bonus is we get Lightning Dust, she is our target. You find her, i'll kill her.

The same as always

The mare exited the cave, again looking out. She couldn't wait! Noctrina wouldn't wait for battle to start, Glorious battle where thousands would die pointlessly, because if everything went to plan, no pony would control Ponyville by nightfall.

"Well...that really begs the question now..." The assassin began, clicking his teeth as he had unknowingly finished off the rest of his favorite drink.

A hoof reached up from the grass and they trade flasks, before the hoof disappeared into the grass once more.

"Which would you have me and my men focus on? I couldn't tell you how to dismantle a tank, screw by screw, but I do know how to dismantle a pony or two in half, and frankly-...actually, you know what, we could sabotage those tanks. I know we have a few alchemists around here who may be able to produce a corroding agent, which we could pour on the axles of the tanks."

The assassin knocked his head back a little and chugged his strawberry brandy a little, still sober, especially from the epiphany he just had. He separated his lips from the flask and capped it with an exhaling breath of satisfaction.

"And just to put the icing on the cake, we could use that agent to burrow holes into their cannonballs and pour nitroglycerin into the holes, reseal them, and when they put in the cannonballs? Boom. Dropping in those cannonballs will have enough force to disturb the volatile liquid inside and cause it to explode, destroying both their artillery and anyone near by. But if we're going to do this, we need to go now. What are your orders?"

What Hagane was proposing was a decent idea, but seeing as how New Ponyville was shut up tighter than a cheated hooker's ****, the second part was unlikely to happen. But Eclipse had an idea. "That might not work... at this point, I don't think an inside agent is viable anymore; however, if you and your soldiers form on my ponies we can run interference while your ponies commandeer their artillery and armor." Eclipse smirked at Hagane. "Turn their firepower against them." The soldier tapped his helmet. "Yes, my ponies and I will lead our push towards their artillery line... We'll start the charge, you move in under our shadow. Can you and your ponies handle that?"

He smiled grimly as they made their way into sunny hills and began going down into the entrances of the diamond dog tunnels. Obsidian waited for all of the army to move into the tunnels before motioning to the dogs to fill in the holes through which they'd entered. As they made their way down the tunnels towards New Ponyville, he made sure to walk next to Topaz as the army moved, "You don't understand sergeant, griffins are creatures of power, yes...but they are also creatures with a fairly strict code of honor, this is why they are mostly aligned with stormwing, for these griffins to ally with us means they are rogues, scoundrels, and we should be careful around them.....perhaps I'm just being paranoid, perhaps it's just that they are greedy enough to side with us, but I have a bad feeling about them."

The trek wasn't quite as long as it seemed, they were almost halfway there already after a bit of marching, nice and quiet, if this went off well, it would be a glorious victory, if it went south, there would be a lot of anger aimed at house Whitegold.

"Consider it done, Commander Eclipse." The unicorn smiled from under his hood. "I might take a vacation once the battle is over, see what the food and music...maybe fraternize with the enemy a little. But more importantly, take in the local 'gossip'."

He knocked his head back, taking another swig of strawberry brandy.

"Still...they got some nice girls over there. Call me a blasphemer, but I wouldn't mind settling down with a mare who can easily lift my weight and then some."

Hagane turned to his commander, smirking a little, a red eye peering out from under.

"What kinda girls do you like, commander?"

Sky was now pinned beneath Lightning. Well, that was what she would have her believe. If she'd wanted to, they could grapple for hours, countering and wrestling until they were both tired, but there wasn't any fun in that, not like the fun there was in what she would do.

Sky smiled seductively at Lightning, before pushing herself up off the floor to grasp her commander around the waist, her fore legs encircling the mare just behind her front legs and above her wings, and her lower legs locking themselves around the turquoise mares flank, just before her hind legs.

Now, essentially hanging off her commander, she began placing licks and kisses all over her face, not caring where they went, so long as the end result was the total dampening of her pegasus lovers face. In between her ministrations, she would ask a few questions, knowing how it made her mare hot under the collar to flaunt her grandiose plans to others.

" So *lick* what are *kiss* the plans *kiss* to *lick* defend *kiss* the town? *lick* " As she said this, she was also pulling herself up tighter to Lightnings body, then letting herself drop a little, repeating the motion as an unspoken invitation to join her upon the floor.

"Consider it done, Commander Eclipse." The unicorn smiled from under his hood. "I might take a vacation once the battle is over, see what the food and music...maybe fraternize with the enemy a little. But more importantly, take in the local 'gossip'."

He knocked his head back, taking another swig of strawberry brandy.

"Still...they got some nice girls over there. Call me a blasphemer, but I wouldn't mind settling down with a mare who can easily lift my weight and then some."

Hagane turned to his commander, smirking a little, a red eye peering out from under.

"What kinda girls do you like, commander?"

Eclipse's reserved grin was quickly replace by a dower scowl. The edges of the unicorn's mouth twitched as he tried to hide his expression from Hagane, but it was in vain. The assassin had hit a sour spot and pulled him into an awkward situation. He knew the pony would ask him what was wrong and that while he could tell Hagane that he was fine and not to worry about, he didn't want to make things awkward between them. Or even worse, his thoughts could cloud his mind during battle.

"I hope you find a good mare for yourself Hagane. I really do. But it doesn't work that way for me." Eclipse sighed and ran his hoof through his mane. "I never really had a type of mare I liked, you know? Just dated whoever said "yes" and hoped I could find that special something in her that would make me fall head over hooves in love. It happened a few years after I started serving under Luna. Love, I mean. Illcaster was her name. She was my squads elementalist. We dated for a while, married eventually. seventeen years... we were together for seventeen years, fighting side by side through all this bullcrap... " Eclipse turned his head and regarded Hagane for a moment.

"What kind of mare I like isn't even a question I contemplate anymore. No matter how beautiful, nice, or capable she maybe, she will never be able to fill the hole that Illcaster left." He stood up and slid down the hill towards his men, leaving his company alone.

Hagane perked up, and, as if his next action had been read clearly, was carried over towards the commander by...moving grass?

"With all due respect, sir, that's only because you want a mare to replace her, a carbon copy. Sadly, that's not how being 'unique' works out. You shouldn't be lookin' for the girl that'll fill the hole she left behind. You should be lookin' for the one that makes it easier to cope with that hole."

The assassin reached for his flask...but shook his head and stayed his hoof for the moment.

"At any rate, I'll leave you alone. You have my sincerest condolences for your late wife, Commander."

The 'grass' underneath where the unicorn sat shifted again, carrying him away from the hustle and bustle of the drunken idiots trying to numb the sorrows of an early grave. Probably towards somewhere a bit more secluded.

“W-well, Captain, we were simply told they’d be here. I don’t understand your paranoia, they are Griffons, and they are mercanaries. Merc’s are simple to understand, they get money, they do the fighting” the mare replied, her captain had a good rep, but this was silly even for him. They were merc’s, merc’s were simple. Why was their a reason to not trust them? Whitegold had a simple policy “And besides, we outnumber the griffon’s a good 50 to 1, so if they do try something like you think, we’ll be able to handle them nice and easy” she said, moving her mane out of her eyes. It seemed logical to her, after all, even if her captain didn’t trust them, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to try attack them “Birdbrains are only so smart Captain, if they wanted to work against us, they’d of sided with Stormwing”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning felt a huge blush form on her face as Sky attached herself to her and started to kiss and kick her face. She didn’t try resist, knowing that would only provoke Sky into pinning her down. “W-we…lock…pegasi…s-storm them…hide behind…clouds, j-jump…out..”

She tried to organise her thoughts, but couldn’t. She knew Sky knew this would happen, and it was cruel of her. “an…A-ambush”. She took Sky’s hints, dropping to the ground next to her, her face a very large shade of red. She looked at Sky, smiling. There were over a dozen reasons why she wasn’t allowed to be allowed to be in a relationship with her, and it was moments like this that made her glad she was breaking all of them. That crazy, silly, sexy mare was worth it.

“D-did you..u-understand..any of that?”

Gearshift slowed her furious, needy bouncing until the action was little more than lusty grinding punctuated by soft moans. During her ministrations she suddenly went rigid and arched her back before bitting her bottom lip and letting out a breath she'd been holding. Leaning over slowly, the mare traced a line of butterfly kisses up from her partner's neck to his jawline. She tendered caressed the stallion's chest as she nibbled on his ear. Gear sighed as she rest her head on the stallion's chest and listened to his heart. Brigade's room was nice and homely; she wouldn't mind staying there for a while, but she knew she didn't have the time.

Beside the bed sat a picture of Brigade in full battle dress, his commander's pin and artillery pin lay in front of the photo, both positioned in a respectful fashion. Against the wall was a line of photos and one group shot. All of the mares and stallions were dressed in Earthborn armor of various sorts with Brigade in the middle. The entire shrine area was framed by a reef with white blossoms sprouting from it. Medallions and awards were placed meticulously in front of the pictures of individuals. It didn't take long for Gearshift to see that it was a memorial to Brigade's lost friends and if the number of mementos was anything to go by, Brigade was the sole survivor or their group.

Slowly, Gear's eyes drifted down the sheets and focused on the wet brown stain on the bed then to the small nightstand on the directly across from her. Shards of shattered porcelain sat in a cooled puddle of tea. Every so often a drop of the calming drink would drip onto the floor, disturbing the reflective brown puddle. She wanted to lie here all day, but the battle between the M&S and Earthborn would begin soon and she had work to do.

Plus the silence was killing her...

The salmon mare sat up, reluctantly removing her head from the stallion's still chest. Both her lips and the side of her face were stained crimson. Her tongue lolled out to inspected her lips, curious about the flavor just outside of its reach, then returned to her mouth. Brigade has a good taste, exotic even. The thought caused her to smile and giggle like a school filly. Then, with the dexterity of a seamstress, she leaned over and clamped her teeth over a white protrusion in the stallion's throat. Gear yanked the four inch spike of porcelain from Brigade's throat. A spurt of blood, shot out of the wound the moment the obstruction was removed. She spat the shard out of her mouth, more from expedience than disgust. She slid off of him, disconnecting them, and landed on all fours. She gave her saddlebags a sad look and sighed.

---------------------------

Phantasma stood near the window of Bridage's room, she was now fully dressed and ready prepared for her part in the festivities. She checked her attire: Her amber dress shirt and black tuxedo blazer were perfectly clean and pressed, all five of her daggers were were situated in correctly, she could easily pull out as many as she needed, a strap of throwing needles covered her cutie mark on the left, while two packs containing poison bombs and IED's covered the cutie mark on her right.

She opened the window and prepared to put one hoof out, but she looked back at the cold corpse she'd left on the bed. Phantasma moved her hoof and let the window fall closed. She walked over to the Bridage's body, he was still staring at the ceiling with a look of absolute bliss on his face. Gently, she put a hoof on his forehead and slid it down over his eyes, closing his eyelids. Your carousel round is up... I hope you find a better place...

As she trotted back over to the window, she slid her metal mask of comedy and tragedy over her face, obscuring herself from the world. She sat in the window sill, staring out at the town of New Ponyville expectantly. The nightingale waits in her golden cage. When the stars burst, the bars will open and then... A wicked grin formed on her face under her metal mask.

The masquerade begins...

Obsidian breathed a sigh of slight annoyance, "You're probably right sergeant, but remember our strength resides in wealth, information, and clever strategy. We must not only seek to deceive our enemies, but also keep them from deceiving us...but once again, I'm probably just being paranoid."

After half an hour more of marching they were at their destination and everything was quickly prepared. "Everypony relax a bit, we want you in peek condition for the battle!" This was it, it was down to the wire now, and at dawn the battle would begin.

(Sorry it's a bit short)

As the White Gold forces moved a mare had broken slightly away from the pack. Her Charcoal black mane and sapphire blue eyes glew in the dark tunnels they treked through. She bore a Large Tower shield upon her back along with her Light armor she had brought along. She seemed like a Usual run off the mill Merc, But she had a Extensive knowledge of Magical forces. Her horn glew faintly to show her path along the tunnels. She Blinked as she listened to the conversations going on around her. She had only an interest in one thing and that was getting paid. She had liked the life the White gold house had lived. Luxury and money.

She had stepped over a rather large boulder, continuing on her way. She remembered her task, that was to provide Cover and support with the arcane magic she wielded. She shifted her pack on her side, it contained many scrolls that when activated would provide the best she could offer.

The force stopped, The stallion named Obsidian ordered everyone to rest for a couple moments. She sat down and placed her large tower shield in the dirt. Her mane had Fallen to cover her right eye. To tell the truth she wondered if this was the best aproach to going at this. If they lost....no...if she lost and was captured by the earthborn.....goodbye horn..... She mumbled a bit before closing her eyes and awaiting command.

" Mmhmm. " Skyfire hummed as she began unclasping Lightnings armor from her body. " You know? They really need to make these sets of armor easier to get you out of...oh, and your plan sucks. I mean, any plan I could have come up with would have been loads better, buuuuut.....I guess I can go along with it, if only for teh lulz! " She began sliding the armor off of Lightnings body, turning to look at the windows of the building." So, waddya think? I'd say we got about an hour or so until dawn, soooo......first one to cum has to take in the butt from Big Mac? Or would you prefer Miss all seeing eye? " She giggled maniacally as s he planted another big wet sloppy kiss on Lightnings lips, forcing her tongue into her mouth.

Breaking the kiss, she let out a sultry laugh and began sliding a hoof lower and lower down Lightnings body as she whispered in her ear. " May I...make...a single....suggestion? " She began nibbling on the mares ear, then switched to the other side, letting out a hot breath upon before speaking again. " Put...firespitters.....in the river...so when the enemy tries to cross....." She let out a throaty chuckle, then slid down lightnings chest, leaving a long wet line in her fur from Skyfire's tongue until she reached her prize, and dove in.

Archived