The Battle of Strength (planning and sign-up. 10 spots left.)

Lovinity

I have an idea here for a role play for all of you... and tell me what you think!

--- Current ideas, which will be updated as suggestions are given in the thread---

The idea is to have a role play battling scene combining My Little Pony with traits of a Role Playing game. The goal of the role play battle is to test the strength, dedication, and will-power of your character when in battle.

*Battles will be 2-pony ones. Ponies not involved in battle at the moment may only role play observations and speech shouted to the battlers. Ponies not in battle may NOT use weapons, spells, or anything that could affect the battle. Doing so will throw you out.

*The role play will work like this: The two ponies who are in battle at the moment must post / attack in order. For example, pony A makes a post, and then can't post again until pony B does, and then pony B can't post until pony A does, and so on. You MAY make a post which does not involve the use of a weapon or a spell. You may only use one spell/weapon in each post, if you choose to use one in that post.

Ponies who are not in battle at the time and are only observing may post in any order they please... but please don't make multiple posts in a short period of time. Give other ponies and especially the two in battle a chance.

*Every pony will start out with 100LP (life points). Ponies cannot ever have any more than 100.

*Every pony may choose up to three weapons or spells to use in battle. When they choose weapons or spells, they must give a name, what it specifically can do, and the maximum amount of d (Damage) it can cause (up to 50) (and only if applicable: You can have a weapon or spell that doesn't cause damage but does something else.).

*You may also optionally choose one weapon or spell to cast on yourself that would enhance life points, or weapon power, etc.

*I will determine the limitations on your weapons and spells of choice, and I'll try to be as fair as I can. Generally, the more maximum d damage it can cause, or the more powerful the weapon or spell is, the longer it will be before that weapon or spell can be used again in battle.

You may object to my judgment if you feel it is unfair, and in that case we will compromise.

*When a pony uses a weapon or spell, the pony must specify what they were attempting to do with that weapon or spell.

*The victim of a weapon attack or spell casting determines what effect it has on his/her character, as well as the amount of Life Points the attack caused his/her character to lose (which can be anywhere from 0 up to the maximum d damage for that weapon)

*Once your character reaches 0 life points, he/she faints and is out of the battle.

*This will continue down the brackets until one pony stands on top.

*You may change ONE weapon or spell that you have for use after each battle. In that case, you must clearly specify which weapon or spell you're tossing away, and the name / specific description of what it does / max d damage (if applicable) of the new weapon. Again, I will then determine the limits on the weapon, and we can compromise if you think my judgment is unfair.

---

---GENERAL RULES---

*As always, all Canterlot World of Equestria rules apply.

*I know the temptation is there, but, absolutely NO power playing whatsoever!

*Absolutely no god modding either!

*If you want the best possible effect in the role play, make your character vulnerable to the attacks dealt to him/her, but not too vulnerable. You want to be able to show the will power, the strength, the courage, and all of those wonderful traits of your pony, in the role play... and the best way to do that is to allow your pony to struggle, but at the same time be strong.

*Also, try to put effort into the role play! I highly recommend 3 or more paragraphs per post, though one or two is okay. Be descriptive! Describe what happens detail by detail. Tell the character's thoughts, feelings, reactions, pain, observations, and all of those lovely details we want to hear!

*Also keep in mind: Spells and weapons fail and even backfire too!

---

---TO SIGN UP A CHARACTER FOR THIS ROLE PLAY:---

1. State the name, gender, and age of your character.
  2. State the species (and remember, ONLY Unicorns can cast spells. All other races must rely on weapons)
  3. Give a short info about the character's personality which would be important for battle.
  4. Give important traits that your character has that would be important to know for battle.
  5. Give the name, specific description of what it does, and the max d damage it can cause if applicable, for each of the 3 or 4 weapons or spells of choice. This includes the enchanted one that you cast / put on yourself.
  6. I will later come up with my judgment on the limitations of your use of the spells and weapons of choice, and if you feel it's unfair then we can compromise at that point.
  7. The battles will begin when we have 10 ponies signed up. Only a max of 10 ponies can sign up.

---

---example signed-up pony (the info in green is the judgment / limitation I'd place on the weapon. Don't include that part in your sign-up.):---

Name: Crazy Candy, young mare.

Race: Pegasus

Info: Very funny. Can be energetic but at the same time not very coordinated. Is the normal height for a pegasus, but cannot fly as fast as most because her wings are small. The physical strength of this pony is above average. She has an unusual pressure point in the middle of her back right leg, which when hit can cause her to collapse and fall.

Weapons for use:

*Fire cannon. This weapon is a miniature cannon that shoots fire out 20 feet in front. The fire can cause a maximum of 20 d damage. It cannot be used again for 2 posts.

*Stun Gun. This weapon can be used to temporary stun the pony for the time period of up to 2 real-life days, in which the pony cannot attack nor barely move. The stun gun cannot be used again for 2 posts.

*Battle Bomb. This bomb-shaped weapon can be thrown at the other pony. In 5 seconds after pulling the fuse, the bomb will explode. The explosion has a radius of about 25 feet and can do up to 35 d damage. The Battle Bomb cannot be used again for 3-4 posts after each use.

*Healing Charm. This charm is hung around the neck and can be activated by pressing the gem. It will heal the pony up to 25 life points. It will not work again until 2-3 posts after each use.

---

---CURRENTLY SIGNED-UP PONIES:---

None

---

---BRACKETS:---

Coming when ponies sign up

___

This seems like it would be a better fit for CC or FFA (probably FFA would be best, as it would allow people to use characters specifically made for this sort of thread).

WoE is more about slice of life rather than a tournament style battle thread.

Archived