Song Heart [ready]

SongHeart

Name: Song Heart

Age: young mare. Would probably still be considered a filly.

Species: Pegasus

Residence: Canterlot

Eye color: Blue

Mane/tail color: red and pinkish-purple

Physique: maybe a little slimmer than normal Pegasus physique

Cutie mark: post-9192-0-79081000-1389886622.jpg heart with music notes. She was in music class in Canterlot as a young foal. She had a great voice but didn't like to sing in front of crowds. The music band needed money for new equipment. The school couldn't fund it anymore because it costed too much. They were having a concert to raise money. The lead singer was sick. No pony else wanted to sing for her. The teacher asked Song to sing. She hesitated at first but eventually got on stage and sang. Once she got over the stage fright she loved it! She started singing to audiences more and more. Once she ran out of songs to sing she tried writing songs. They weren't too good but she loved them.

History: She was born and raised in Canterlot but her grandparents live in Ponyville so she visits them often. She had a hard time in school with most things. She was terrible at math. History was okay but she usually found her mind wandering. To get extra credit she enrolled in the band at her school. She picked up on instruments easily. By the end of the semester she could play piano and flute. She was also great at music. She got allot of extra credit. And her parents said that playing instruments was mind building, which it was, and she started getting better grades

Her friends would come over and play sometimes. She was a pretty good flyer too. But she'd usually rather stay on the ground as most of her friends were unicorns or earth ponies. She had plenty of foalish crushes of colts in class but usually got over them within a week. She would draw sometimes. She wasn't especially good at it but she liked drawing music notes and such.

Character summary: Generally kind. Persistent. Will always do her best at everything she does. She doesn't give up without a fight on anything. She'll go to parties and stuff. She's a good student but sometimes in class she starts thinking about music and forgets she’s in class. She'll do most anything for her friends.

She'll be sarcastic allot but not to be mean. She won't typically start a fight unless some pony’s being mean to her or her friends. And even if she does it'll most likely be a battle of words. She likes to do allot of things other than music, art, even though she’s not that good, writing stories and other stuff like that.

She can be shy when she meets ponies. But after a while she'll open up. She really wants to be a professional singer when she grows up, but she'll do other things as long as she has time for her music. She's not shy at all but she has a hard time making friends. She always has the fear that they might reject her. She can have an attitude sometimes but not especially rude. Words are usually her protection when someone's being mean to her or her friends. She can get lonely after school when her friends are doing other stuff as she is an only child.

When she runs out of songs to play or ideas to write songs with she'll go looking for an adventure and go visit grandma and grandpa in Ponyville. And sometimes on these adventures she'll look for trouble and often find it. She doesn't really worry much about fashion or how she looks much unless she's doing a performance.

post-9192-0-53530600-1389887962_thumb.pn

Celestia, little cousins are evil! This'll take longer. My cousins deleted the stuff I had got written down on my word program.

Take your time, there is no rush. Just be sure to keep us updated on your progress (or respond when we post here about keeping the app active). :)

Yeah, there's no deadline to creating you application. We just check occasionally to see how things are going. When you have finished the application, just change the title from WiP to Ready and that's when we'll give it a look over.

Ok, a couple of things:

• You need to eliminate mentioning Twilight or Cadence from the age area. We don't allow mentioning of cast characters, and there really isn't any need to compare the age of your character with others.
  • You need to change the section on the dead parents. It's not a necessary thing and really having parents alive wouldn't change much. You can instead say that she went to live with her parents.
  • We kind of discourage characters living in Ponyville. I know that that's where the action is in the show mainly and where the Mane Six live, but we want you to see what the rest of Equestria has to offer. Of course Song can always live in one place and travel to Ponyville.
  • You need to expand upon your Character Summary. Add things like what Song likes to do, what upsets her and how she reacts, how she reacts to meeting new ponies, her goals in life, etc. Basically, the more you put into your character's personality the more that others will get to know her!
  • You'll need to capitalize some of the sentences as well.

My big advice is to take your time and work on one thing at a time and soon you'll have a great character application! Let me know when you're ready for me to review it again.

Before we stamp, a couple issues have to be addressed:

• Several capitalization errors remain, mainly in the Cutie Mark section. A few others are scattered elsewhere in the app, so track them down and make correctections. Make sure you give this app a thorough proofreading to make sure you don't find any spelling and grammar errors (I noticed you spelled "fashion" at the end of your app, for one thing).
  • Do not explicitly state in your app either the death of a parent of some other pony your OC held dear, as that doesn't fit in with the light-hearted tone of the show. If you must, just say something to the effect that the father disappeared from your OC's life, and leave it at that. Don't explain why.

Archived