If sunset shimmer was allowed back in Caterlot?

Sailu

how would everypony react to it (now i know its not cannon in any way lol) but if she desired to go back, and right her wrongs do you think she would be a good addition to the cast i mean i actually liked her as a character if she grew to learn from her mistakes and take up a calm and humble but still a bit brash "tude" do you think she'd be able to join the mane six on/for certain things? or would she be a second trixe?

my thoughts may not be a bit to clear as i'm (still) a new brony of sorts but am used to and love the fandom, this is just my first actual thought out actual post on something pony lol

thoughts?

Sailu

From the end of the movie it seems that Sunset Shimmer fully intends to fix things and learn how to be a friend. Something tells me she's going to want to stay in the human world, though (RUMOR/SPOILER: especially given there's been rumor of a second movie in the works), but that doesn't mean she can't visit for the three days the portal is open every thirty moons (roughly two and a half years). We know they don't plan on having her in the show this season, but who knows what season 5 will bring us.

RUMOR/SPOILER:

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her again, and I'm actually kind of excited for the possible EQG sequel.

hmm i see and i've heard that too. EQG was alright but i'm kinda hoping it is true as well cause i'd like to see sunset again~ but fingers crossed they bring her into season 5 as a member or even a background pony but i would like to see the dynamic with shimmer and twi now that she is an alicorn

I like Sunset's design, but given the ending of EG I'm not sure seeing the character again would get us much. Unlike other antagonists, her reformation feels more absolute with how she's stripped down and then left with friends. If she did come back, they'd be essentially starting from scratch in establishing her character as I'd imagine she would be completely different. While I suppose it might be interesting to see how she's changed, I just don't think she would be a character they'd be in a hurry to return to as a result.

hmm, i do see your point but i think she'd be a bit more discordic in she'd be reformed yes but not a super 180 more like 165 lol still maintaining what made her, her but in a more open and cheerful friendly mind set or so i'd think

or i'm just crazy lol~

With Discord, reformation was a much easier fit. There was so much great personality there that sliding him from evil to more neutral wasn't going to wreck or even change the character very much. To me, Sunset seemed more singlely defined by what she was trying to accomplish, which is why I imagine her changing far more in the aftermath.

yeah i do see that now lol, i'll have to watch it again cause its a bit hazy, although on that note i was introduced in to mlp by a few trade school buddy's about six months into last year. so i was exposed to both the series and EQG at the same time, saw seasons 1,2, and 3 then watched the movie, and didn't have the EWWW GTFO thing about it that most of the bronies had at the time, and took it as a good episodic movie type deal. then i got more engrossed into the fandom and everything and saw the reactions and such and was like yeah i now see their point but it still was pretty good and i liked it.

and season 4 is just going swimmingly although there are a couple hiccups here and there its a strong season so far

Archived