There can be only ONE Princess in Equestria!:///Open (Nightmare Universe)

QuickLime

"And that Princess WILL BE ME!"

nightmare_moon_is_watching_you__by_up1ter-d4yltfq_zps8e6ebbd9.png

This is an alternate scenario, Princess Celestia during the battle between her and Nightmare Moon, failed horribly...The beloved sun princess has been turned into a statue, the elements mockingly put around the base as if to taunt her with her own chance of escape, the sun does not rise, only the moon glistens overhead, it is a world of Darkness, eternal night, where nobody will under appreciate Luna's night ever again.

(This is still relativly canon to the show just with a slightly darker tone, no blood, no gore, no violence, and canon mlp species only please! (Use the Lore for them as well) And NO alicorns)

NightmareMoonBanner_zpse1472bfe.png

The new ruler of Equestria stood atop the balcony that her sister once stood upon to raise the sun, however today, as it was indeed morning, there was no sun, there was only the glorious glow of the full moon, the array of stars, and the twinkling of candles to light the "day" Nightmare Moon cackled "See dearest sister" She cooed to noone who could hear "Now the ponies of Equestria will bask in the glow of my moon, like they basked in the glow of your sun for so long!!"

The Mare was still so blinded by hurt that she didn't realize the damage she was doing, but thankfully for Equestria it had been a mere few days since Celestia's defeat, things were not as terrible as they would be..

Plants were still growing, but unicorns skilled in the magic of light were needed to cast their magic on fields to grant them the life giving energy they needed, pegasi still needed to make it rain, everything seemed in place as before, save for the constant blanket of darkness that overwhelmed the kingdoms..

NightMare Moon (for she wasn't Luna any longer) decided to take her seat upon the throne, she wanted her citizens to appreciate her, not be so afraid of her that she did not get the adoration her sister did! So she opened the throne room to those who wished to speak to her, she would listen, perhaps take their words in account!

Or throw them in the dungeon or perhaps make new statues for the castle gardens one never knows really..

"Enter My dear subjects! Speak to your new Princess.."

A cloaked Areion calmly walked into the chamber, facing up to Nightmare Moon. If he was a pony of the dark, then he had nothing to fear, but for some reason, he felt a constant nervous nudge and a light shiver down his spine. She's just the same pony you've worked for, just different, a whole lot more powerful, and my my, looking very regal on the throne. His mind commented. But that was not why he was here. As one of the more senior followers and agents of Lun- Nightmare Moon, he was the unlu- lucky one chosen to praise her and ask for her plans. After all, as an Areion, he would be seen as a diligent servant of the night.

Lowering his hood, he bowed down before his Princess as gracefully as he could, showing no fear, and tensing up slightly as if he was addressing a senior officer. Relaxed was the last thing he appeared to be. "Senior Agent Glide Wing, your highness." he said with a slow and unnatural tone, as if he was suppressing the desire to speak fast and get it over with. "I-I can see that the throne suits your perfectly, your grace. On the behalf of your followers, we-we praise you on your achievement, and work with you to flush out any resistance to your glorious reign." I think I over did it.

A dark purple robed, lithe looking figure entered the chambers of the new Princess of the Night, the everlasting Nightmare and ruler of Darkness. This small looking unicorn brushed back the hood of his robes; revealing a fair face with bright green fur and a soft, long black mane. Shimmer Breeze was his name, a young unicorn magus who had spent his life in the library, studying the forces of magic, leaving his body little time to exercise and leave him weakened physically.. but with a wide knowledge of spells to make up for it. As he spent such time inside reading, he oft found himself asleep in the daytime and studying at night, under Luna's watchful and protective gaze. Now, the princess whom he'd spent most of his life living under had changed.. a creature of vengeful darkness rather then a soft, guiding light of the Nightime like she had been. Still, the short unicorn trotted his way up to the dark, Nightmare creature that now occupied the throne; he wasn't about to risk his life opposing this creature... the unicorn knew what she had done to their dear Solar Princess; he was reluctant to, but he had to cast his die to the service of this new figure, if he wished to continue his life.

"P...Princess.." Shimmer called timidly as he approached; he was certainly like a kitten in a unicorn's body, "I.. my name is Shimmer Breeze, a studying Canterlot mage.. I wanted to offer my magic to you, to defend your throne i-if need be.." while he was an adept, his soft spoken and fearful attitude could speak to the contrary.. but this was all he could think to say to the Nightmare Monarch; if he wasn't against her at least he wasn't in any immediate danger. He wasn't sure what a powerful creature such as this would need of his magics but.. well it was the only thing he could offer anymore.

NightmareMoonBanner_zpse1472bfe.png

A throaty chuckle came from her throat, hearing the guard "Do not try to deceive me" Her shadowy mane flicking under the guards chin " Your honey sweet words will not buy me favor, but loyalty..ah loyalty will my dear soldier of the night" She spoke with such fondness for the creatures that made up her own guard, for they had replaced all of the REA, "But do make a habit of not speaking for all my subjects, they have their own tongues " Nightmare Moon was not out to be a monster persay but she was overbearing, as Luna didn't possess nearly the same grace and poise her elder sister had..

The next one that came forth made Nightmare Moon Rise, walking down to approach him, gazing down at him with her sharp aquamarine eyes, with their slit pupils, she raised a hoof gently patting him on the head "Dearest one I have no need for your magic, tis secure the throne, Celestia imprisoned and the night gloriously shining on, but you seem rather smart, perhaps thee could do me some use in the royal library, perchance you can break into StarSwirl's private wing for your new Princess?"

Her tone was kind but there was darkness in it...

Shimmer's eyes closed a moment as he saw that imposing, dark figure looming over him; his short body shivering as he felt that hoof approach.. yet his ears lowered at its pats. He didn't feel he was..in danger.. but her form was huge compared to him, and her Nightmare infused form bore a terrifying visage. Still, the small unicorn stood up, nodding to his new Princess of the Night; a slight shiver in his voice as he responded, "I... I can try to do what you need of my, Princess, but.. I'm not a strong pony, I've devoted my life to magic.. still if you need me to attempt entering Starswirl's wing.. I can try my best." he nodded, bowing his head to her once again; his long, dark purple robes brushing the floors. Best to put himself on her side now.. besides, she didn't seem -mean- just.. scary.

Still, breaking into Starswirl the Bearded's domain was a task that even the more powerful mages of Canterlot would find difficult, and while Shimmer was certainly learned he wasn't experienced; he had yet to truly test his knowledge and his mental strength. Though perhaps this would make a decent test.. and to break into the wing of one of Equestria's greatest wizards would certainly be a task to tell of.. though he wouldn't tell the -actual- Starswirl of course; the last thing Shimmer needed was to be turned into a frog or something of that nature.

He listened to the words of his Princess. Yep too much. Remaining in his position, rather than possibly face the wrath of being caught out for disobedience was the best course of action right now, but he tried not to move his eyes as her mane, if not out of respect, then out of fear of what could happen. The still, rigidly posed pony showed no fear, and waited as the newcomer conversed with the Princess. He listened as they conversed about breaking and entering into Starswirl's private wing. Such was a honourable task to undertake for his Princess, but sadly not possible due to being a Areion. Perhaps asking for a task of equal magnitude would be enough to prove loyalty and dedication to her cause. Not just for me, but for all my comrades." Glide Wing thought. So as soon as the Unicorn had finished talking, he would be next.

"Then allow us, no. Allow me." He corrected, remembering the words of the Princess. "To prove to you my loyalty. Ask of me to execute any task, and I will make it so on your whim." Such as request, he realised, would not be taken lightly, and as such, like all others of his kind, were ready to take the leap into the unknown, even if their Princess had changed.

Zima entered the room, head lowered, her overgrown mane of purple, magenta, dark blue and white stripes so long that it draped like a cloak over her back. The snow white Unicorn filly felt an uneasy mix of emotions in her stomach; awe for the everlasting night and its beauty, fear for Princess Luna's transformation. She loomed over them all, terrible and magnificent. Zima had always idolised the princess of the night, but never imagined they would meet under circumstances like this!

"My princess..." She bowed deeply, a sense of reverence coming over her. "I may only be a filly, but I will do what I can for you and your endless night."

• 1 month later...

Archived