[Shop] Techno's Tealeaves

The shop was old and nestled on the far edge of Ponyville's shopping district. The old, large wooden door was open to allow the fresh air in, even so though the shop still smelled slightly of dust from disuse. The large window at the front of the store was filled to the brim with potted tea plants arranged by color to make a rainbow. The shelves behind the counter were filled with wooden boxes that held all sorts of dried tealeaves in every color imaginable, even striped and spotted leaves.

In the far right corner of the room was a large cellar door with its doors open, the sounds of techno music flowing from the depths below. In the back right corner was an old metal spiral staircase that lead up to the loft where Techno lived.

The old wooden floors squeaked a bit as Techno trotted behind the counter and took her place at the till. She smiled and sipped a glass of tea as she waited for customers; it was officially her first day of business!

Octavia was visiting Ponyville in hopes to get to know more ponies outside of Canterlot as dashing and sophisticated it was things were feeling a little too dull and wanted to try a new wind of things. Trotting through Ponyville she saw all different types of stores lots and lots of ponies it was somewhat crowded nothing like Canterlot at all it overwhelmed Octavia for a moment she wanted to try new things but this was all too much too soon!

She headed for the closes store one that would seem to give her enough solitude to recompose herself before exploring this new place even more. Spotting a store with large wooden doors Octavia hurried into the store as soon as she went through the doors the gray mare was bombarded with different smell mostly the smell of different herbs and a slight tinge of something else but couldn't put her hoof on it. Octavia turned to see a mare sitting happily behind a counter her smile wide and bright her eyes glowed with excitement she guessed this must be the shopkeeper and possibly just opened. Giving a sheepish grin she greeted the storekeeper "Why hello there madam, I would guess you are the owner of this lovely little shop correct?"

Techno set her drink aside and gave a friendly smile to the grey mare. "Hello! Yes, I'm the owner of this tea shop. My name is Techno Tealeaf and I'd be happy to serve you today. I can make just about any kind of tea or flavored water you can think of so please don't hesitate to ask for a special mixture. When you're ready I'd be happy to take your order. She pointed with her horn to the massive shelf of tea leaves behind her. Oh and if you're not sure if you'll like a new flavor you're more than welcome to have a free sample!" She smiled sweetly and patiently waited for the young mare to place an order or ask about the different teas Techno offered.

The gentle filly trotted happily over the roads of Ponyville, wandering what she would discover today. Her saddlebags were, as always, filled with a large ammount of curioisties. Her left saddlebag had all kinds of herbs she had found on that day, from the stinkiest ones to the most beautiful and rare of them all, passing through the poisonous ones. And her right saddlebag had animal remains, such as a phoenix feather she had just caught -probably from the passing by Philomena- and a lizzard tail. She was used to such a weight, but she would never feel satisfied until her saddlebags were full of amazing samples. She humbled some tunes from Canterlot, mainly the ones she heard while celebrating in taverns with her more relaxed fellows. Or else the ones heard during harvest festivities.

But her happy trotting stopped as soon as she saw a sign that indicated that the house in there was a tea house. Her eyes seemed to sparkle at that sight, and she didn't even think twice: she entered it, loving the sweet scent that came from inside. Almost without realizing, she caught herself watching all the herbs closeby, analizing them in her head.

"Huh, i've never been over here before..." Kat muttered to herself, as she walked toward an old shop. The store looked interesting - the olden look of the place, the rainbow of plants, the smell of tea coming inside... Kat stepped in just to see what it was.

The smell of tea hit her nose, making her mouth water. The summer heat was beating down on Kat, and she needed something to drink. Eager to quench her thirst, she walked up to the counter, and waited for the shop owner to finish talking to her other customers.

Octavia sat down in one of the chairs it gave a little creek at the sudden weight she thought about what she might get, everything smells delicious and she would love to get something that would clam her nerves. She usually thinks about everything a mile a minute "Well if it's alright with you can you get me some tea that has a calming essence? I'm in need of a drink like that if you have it of course."she said after a long and hard thought after she made her order a gentle looking filly stumbled her way into the building "Why hello there little filly" she greeted her with a smile somewhat happy not to be the only pony in the shop.

Right after the first filly a second one came in with a glint of determination and awe in her eyes Octavia greeted the newcomer with a simple nod and hello. She rested her gaze back on the shop owner "This must be quite the hotspot huh? Having three customers come in within a few moments of each other. I guess I made the correct decision about stopping here for a little breather my name is Octavia by the way what is yours?"

Techno waved and smiled at the new ponies who entered the shop. "Welcome! Please make yourselves at home, I'll be with you both in just a moment." She turned her attention back to Octavia and chatted with her as she pulled a ceramic tea cup from behind the counter and placed it in front of Octavia. "My name's Techno Tealeaf, but you can call me Techno for short. It seems like I've lucked out on the perfect place to open up shop." She paused for a second as she thought of what tea would be best for Octavia. Her eyes lit up with excitement as she used her magic to pull some tealeaves from two different boxes, one an earthy brown and another a brick red color. Using her magic she combined them together to make a reddish looking mix and carefully crushed it. She then placed the mix into a tea bag and placed it into the cup in front of Octavia. She took a silver kettle from the tiny pot bellied stove and poured hot water into Octavia's cup. She added more water to the kettle before placing it back on the stove to heat up again, she then turned back to Octavia before speaking to her. "It's a mixture of Chamomile and a dash of Peppermint Lavender for added flavor, I hope it's too your liking Miss Octavia. Let the bag sit in the water for a bit if you'd like a stronger flavor."

She then turned her attention to the two who had just come in. "I can help whoever is next when you're ready, take your time." She smiled warmly at the two as she waited.

Star Trust had been embracing her obsession with herbs and excentric specimens, smiling to herself here and there and bringing her eyebrows close to her eyes more often, while she took a scientific look at all of those herbs and tea leaves. But then, one of her ears caught something headed towards her. Somepony was calling for her. She turned around quickly, her ears perking up in a sudden as the gentle sound of the musician pony's voice. Her head turned around first, and only then her body did so. She had a confused expression on her face, as if she had been completely appart from that group of fillies. She still hadn't even realized that that place was a shop, but she just knew that there was something special inside of it.

"Oh, hello there!"¨, she said, a smile showing up on her snout. She trotted happily to the grey filly's side, then noticing the shop owner. She giggled a little bit. "Oh, I'm so sorry! Is this your shop?", she asked Techno Tealeaf, a little bit embarrassed of herself.

Techno nervously rubbed the back of her neck as she talked with Octavia. "Actually this is my first day of business and you're my first ever customer, I guess it's just beginner's luck that I've had so many customers in such a short time." She then noticed the purple mare patiently waiting at the counter and turned back to Octavia for a second. "Please excuse me, I'll be right back." She bowed her head in a small apology before she left to tend to the other customers.

She trotted over to where the purple mare was waiting and smiled. "Hello! I'm Techno Tealeaf owner and head barista of this little shop and I'd be happy to take your order whenever you're ready. Do you have a specific drink in mind today or would you like a little more time to think things over?"

The gentle yet slightly distracted and absorbed filly turned to the shop's owner, listening to her words carefully. She cocked her head to one side and to the other, as she listened. She then let out a 'hmmm' and rubbed her chin with the back of one hoof, realizing that she could actually get a taste of all of those teas right in there. Maybe she would get a chance of collecting even more samples for her albums and saddlebags! She looked back at Techno and smiled widely. "I know you're a tremendously talented filly, so why don't you surprise me? I would like to see what you can come up with to present to a customer.", she said in a gentle voice. She was sure to want to have a taste of those mixes, mainly because they had a wonderful scent and look. "Oh, but please let a few leaves floating on the cup.", she then added with a few nods.