CMC Escapades #1: Spooky Times! (PM for invite)

Ashton

OOC INFO:

Scootaloo - Storm Chaser

Sweetiebelle - Ashton

Applebloom - Smart Brony

Adults will be NPC'd by the DM (me) unless somone else wants to join as one of them. PM me if interested.

-----=====-----

The trees were a blur as the CMC raced down the road in their wagon and scooter, the two in back often telling at the pegasus to slow down. Unfortunately, she either couldn't hear them or simply didnt listen... unfortunately, it was a mistake she would regret...

The road had some loose gravel on it that the trio was not expecting and it send them sliding to the edge of the road, completely losing control as it plummeted off the side and they all tumbled down the hill, landing with a crash and blacking out...

-----

The white unicorn filly slowly opened her eyes, staring up at the overturned wagon, one of the wheels still spinning from the crash... the scent of pine needles filled her nostrils as she looked up at the steep hill they had tumbled down, it was a miracle they survived. She stood up and turned around... then screamed...

Lieing in a heap in front of her were her friends... and herself, in a pile at the bottom of the hill. Sweetie looked at her hooves and screamed again, being able to see through them at least partly, she ran over to try and wake up the others, and herself, but in the latter case her hooves just passed through her body, and in the former, as she pushed she saw translucent versions of her friends move outside of their bodies

"This is bad! this is bad!" she said "How could this have happened! We've had worse falls before!" nearby she saw a broken potion bottle, something AB had been working on before, and she remembered having a magical surge during the fall. The question now was whether this was the result of her magic, AB's potion, or if they really were dead...

She sat down hard and tears began to fall from her eyes, completely lost at what to do...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Sw-Sweetie Belle?" Applebloom said, opening her eyes, "what's wrong?"

The world was still spinning for Applebloom, and she was seeing doubles of her two friends and........herself? She shook her head hard a few times to focus, and what she saw shocked her, to say the least.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't be dead! WE can't be dead! This is a dream, right!? I'm dreaming! Yeah, that's it! I'm dreaming!" Applebloom exclaimed with both confidence and bewilderment. But, dream or not, she couldn't let her friends sit there crying. "It's okay Sweetie Belle, it's just a dream!" Applebloom reassured her, with a smile on Applebloom's face.

As scootaloo was laying there unconscious she can back the first that she heard is "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't be dead! WE can't be dead! From applebloom as her eyes are out of focus because of the fall down

"what whose Dead" asked scootaloo as she sits up waiting for eyes to catch up to her after her eyes did she could see her friends finally as she stood up to walk over to them when she go there she saw applebloom trying to cheer up sweetie belle "what is she crying about" asked scootaloo still not notice that they are ghost

((just so you know my grammar and my spelling are not the best but i will try my best))

Sweetie belle kept crying and pointed to the upturend wagon and to the bodies of the three crusaders.. she tried to speak but nothing intelegeble came out.

It had seemed that Applebloom was unable to calm down Sweetie Belle. She'd have to keep trying. "It has to be a dream Sweetie Belle! Just look at that scary pony over there," Applebloom said, pointing to a pony a little ways away. The pony was wearing a black, torn cloak that hid their face and hooves. Their presence made the air feel like ice. "I-i-i-if this isn't a n-n-n-nightmare, I d-d-don't know-w-w what is," Applebloom shivered.

Scootaloo look at where she pointed after a bit of think she started to cry a little "i had some much i still wanted to do i can't believe we are dead" said scootaloo

Scootaloo look at the pony applebloom pointed out "and how the grim reaper is here to finish the job" said scootaloo after that scootaloo start to cry like sweetie belle

((not what I was planning, but I can work with it...))

SB clung to her friends "no! I'm not ready to die! I still dont have my cutiemark and I promised rarity I'd help her with one of her dresses tonight! I cant die now!"

((and just FYI: no, they're not actually dead, they're just not in their bodies, it can and hopefully will be fixed before the thread is over))

((Yeah, I was thinking we could take this in some sort of direction where they try to get Twilight's help, but can't. And sorry about moving the story this way, but I felt like we weren't getting anywhere.))

Applebloom now realized that was, in fact, the Grim Reaper. But, why wasn't he taking their souls? He was just standing there, watching them. "Applejack has always told me that there's no such thing as ghosts, so what are we then?" Applebloom asked her friends

((its just they think they are dead and a hooded figure appear what would you first thought be the grim reaper that what))

"i don't know if we aren't ghosts then that can't be the grim reaper" said scootaloo starting to question what they are

((@ Smartbrony: that's exactly what I'm planning, of course they'll have to figure out a way to communicate, etc))

Sweetiebelle seemed to be either calming down or losing her marbles completely as she asked "can we ever still get our cutiemarks if we're ghosts?"

"I have an idea" said Sweetiebelle with a smile, but then her face went pale "RUN!" she said, high-tailing it back towards town.

The hooded pony walked toward them... then continued picking flowers, apparently no association with death, but meerly a pony looking to make a nice salad and happened to see a flower near where the CMC's spirits were standing...

-

SB kept running "Lets go home! Sis will know what to do!" she said, a little worry in her voice though...

"I guess your right, Twilight has helped us out a lot, maybe we should go to her first" said Sweetiebelle as she kept running towards ponyville "well, at least we dont get tired like this" she said, realizing normally she'd be out of breath and ready to rest after this much of a run and so far she didnt feel anything... of course given the circumstances, feeling tired would be a relief right now...

Sweetie let out a scream as she tried to stop before she hit the cart... and instead skidded right through it and out the other side... Her eyes wide and panting, clearly that hit her a lot harder and gave a move obvious assurance that they _were_ dead... and SB was not taking that very well...

SB was still panicing but was claming down a little bit, then freaking out as more ponies in the town walked right through her and her friends

"I dont care about seeing bad things! Lets go find Twilight! I dont want to be trapped as a ghost forever!" she was on the verge of breaking down in tears again

Archived