rise of the d4rk ch4o5 virus (ask to join)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping his buttocks on that darned branch, the soldier would stay put as he'd turn his head and visor toward the newest arrival. Yet another pony to join that group? Did they even knew one another? Things didn't made much sense to him at this point, but truth be told, even if those ponies were arguing for the dumbest of reasons, he had absolutely nothing else to do that could be remotely be qualified as "productive".

So what the hell, really? Even soldier as tough as him could grow bored, after all. Aside a random monster once in a while attacking his H.Q, nothing ever really happened on his side...

Yaaay off to go on an adventure!... Not yet apparently. Well, good! Glady wanted to take a short break already, but not just yet... whatever this cowboy just said right now, pretty much made no sense to her. It was just pretty words put into a sentence to say something and her brain didn't want to work too much on that. Although... did that new stallion just call them cows? Dropping the hammer on the ground, it would make itself heard, showing how heavy the thing was. Not enough to shake the ground, given the short distance it had with the ground, but still just looking at it was enough to tell it had a lot of weight. Glady looked at the cowboy in question seeming puzzled and insulted.

Glady: Did you just call us cows?...

She'd ask the stranger. Unlike her, Seria understood what he meant, though... it didn't take her much to do so. Basically meant that they were going to venture in a place they never set hoof on, but only heard of.

Seria: That's not what he meant... it's just a way to say things, Glady.

Glady: But he totally called us cows!

She'd almost yell while pointing at him.

Glady: He speaks in wei-.... UGH nevermind!...

She'd just give up at this point... she was annoyed and needed a break. She'd grab her hammer off the floor and drag it near that three where the soldier was hidding. She had no idea that there was someone there. It's just that she chose that tree... She'd lay the hammer on it and would just... let herself fall down in the grass, making it rustle as she landed. They'd then just remain all silent for a while, not sure what to say.

Glady: I'm tired...

She'd say after a while. Violet looked at the scene and blinked a few times... this had just happened. Glady had snapped. That and she was having trouble with her hammer for some reasons as well.

Violet: I think it's time we go now...

The stallion would chuckle at the blue filly's reaction as he'd raise his head, revealing his face and his sable eyes.

- Your fairy friend is right. This was but a way to say things... Like if I'd actually call three adorable fillies cows... Just learn to read between the lines...

He'd get closer to the one called Venom, scanning the individual before diving in her eyes with his own eyes with his serious stare, moving his straw in his mouth to the left.

- ... And you, milady, you really have to calm down with that "thing" of yours. Even if I don't know you and you know me even less, we're the same... and not only because we're from the same parts...

The stallion would turn himself to the left, about to walk once again but instead, he'd look at the fillies, erasing his serious look and putting a more normal facial expression.

- I forgot, call me Straw...

Straw hold the silence for a second, before looking back at Venom and finish his line.

- Straw Westwood... And I'd bet my flank that we have a common goal. Which is to find a way to stand agaisnt that illness that's invading our country and infects countless of innocents like you, me and those little fillies... I'm pushing my luck on this one but y'all decided to go there after seeing someone close to you infected.

The stallion would approach the fillies as he'd lower himself at their level, looking at the white filly, then at the fairy, without forgetting the blue filly that just left to rest under a tree nearby. Seeing that everything seems to be normal on them, a little smile would appear on his face as he'd gently pet the fairy's mane to show that he actually means no harm.

- Fortunately, you kids seems to be quite healthy to me.

Straw would get up, pulling himself back a bit to have a view on the group.

- Actually, I'm here to offer my service since I thought that no one knows how to get there. *Looking at Venom* Which seems to not be the case afterall. However, if you are interested, I may know a shortcut or two to get to the badlands before you know it.

So this virus WAS virulent after all. Good thing his suit was hermetic; as long as he didn't came into direct contact with anyone, he'd be fine and out of it. Though, that wouldn't be his saving grace on the long run. Perhaps this virus only affected ponies? Perhaps humans and other animals wouldn't get affected? He couldn't bet on that. If that thing went pandemic and was mutated enough to infect other species... he'd most-likely catch it one day when he'd have to remove his armor... to wash himself or to eat something. Or heck, even going to the bathroom.

He'd listen still to their discussion.... or at least try to. They were further away now and couldn't decifer what they said as well as before. That odd pony that just arrived apparently wanted to land his aid, but aside that, that's all he'd understand. Soon enough he'd have to switch position... and follow them from a long distance.

The earth filly couldn't care less of what he was saying at that moment. Right now she was resting in the grass and not moving. How comfortable it was! It was as if putting effort in anything else right now was worthless. Why speak in a fancy way when he could just put it in simple words so everyone would get it? This was rather annoying. She felt mocked and as the filly she was, didn't like it much. The two others still remained where they were as Straw would approach them. To them he didn't seem so bad. What was he doing coming up so close, though? He gave them a look each then went to Glady. All that she did was to look back at him... if he were to just try a single thing, she'd kick him to oblivion and that would be the end of it... but he then went away from her. Her head would lay back into the grass.

When he petted Seria's mane, she backed away a little... but he seemed like he meant no harm at all. Only his look and attitude could perhaps seem... not as friendly. Welp... not much had to be said here. They'd just have to leave, actually. If they ever wanted to get to the Badlands, then perhaps it was finally time to go. In the back Glady started to hum something out of boredom and just to get her mind on other stuff instead of just thinking about everything that happened so far during her day. Nothing extraordinary nor a song that would remind anyone of anything, but just notes after notes being hummed. In doing so she would eventually lift her head off the ground and started to get up to turn to everypony else in the place. Her two friends were looking at her. Glady stopped humming, didn't say anything, stared at them.

Glady: So... we're going now?

She'd then ask. Without waiting for an answer she'd go to the tree where her hammer was lying on and took hold of it... But before she would get to drag it away, she'd stop herself as she felt something funny in her nose. It was coming up, irritating the inside! She'd prepare herself, taking one breath, then another one! And then...

Glady: ... Choo!...

She sneezed.

Violet: You okay?

Again Violet asked if she was all right for the third time. Glady turned around, sniffing, but looked all right. She even gave her a smile!

Glady: Yeah, probably just something in the grass.

She'd tell her before coming to join them again. Seria rejoiced at the sight of that. Her earth filly friend had learned well it seemed! She didn't let things bother her too much, thanks to Violet and a certain therapist.

"Alright then.." He said as looked back at the others.

He waved his hoof to the others. He glanced at everyone individually. To make sure everyone was there.

"Lets get going guys.." He said to everyone as he proceeded to follow.

His stare was still stoic. Little did know, but the reason why he was always looking serious almost to say...unfriendly, was because of experience of the past. It's a true fact to say that the events of life can face somepony's mind drastically.

That said, Venom's threat was more than useless at that point, as he'd reply with reason.

- It's sad to see that you look more scared that you should be regarding myself... If I'm really as "dangerous" as you think...

Straw would take a moment of silence to look slowly at all the party standing there, letting out a long breath.

- You can always ditch me and go on without me.

Truth be told, he didn't cared at all if they decide to let him there and simply go. Point is that he was simply offering his help since he was from the Badlands and that coincidence, he was heading there anyway.

That said, something else would drag his attention as he'd hear one the fillies sneezing, the blue one to be exact. To that, Straw would just lower his head... maybe one of them wasn't as healthy as the others unfortunately, he could have mistaken as well, reasons why he'd refrain to say a word about that.

One last thing as he'd hear the direction they were taking. Straw would raise his head before opening his mouth and give them an advice.

- Personally, I wouldn't recommand either of you to venture throught Appleloosa... Specially if somepony gets to be infected on the way there. Since the virus as shown the tip of its muzzle, this village has sadly decided to treat this with... drastict measures. If you ask me, that's what happens when you live in a village in the middle of burning snow.

Straw would take a step ahead, looking foward as he'd explain by pointing directions with a hoof.

- Maybe what I recommend you is not the shortest way, but I can garantee that it's a lot safer. You go in the forest in a straight line, once you see a big swamp, no need to worry, it's the first one y'all see, you circle it and go left. Later you'd see a weird cottage, the one living is great if you see her. If not, well, you turn right and you keep going straight. After a moment you'll face a rocky hill. If you look carefully, you will see a boulder at the bottom, it should be easy to find. Push it and a tunnel will appear before you. Y'all go inside. A light might be useful in there, little advice. It may take a moment to get on the other side of the tunnel by at the end, another boulder would block the way like the first one. You push it and you'll appear in the MacIntosh hills, and you would have passed Applelosa. One important thing though.

Straw would turn around, to look at everypony.

- This tunnel is used to be unknown and secret. So please, try at least to replace the boulder behind you.

At this point the soldier would begin to make himself ready. Soon they'd be on their way as they'd leave to wherever that poncho-wearing pony would lead them. Were they still heading into the everfree forest? Or were they going around it... or perhaps follow a specific path in the middle of it?

Whatever the answer, he'd begin to pack his things. Firstly, his notebook, which never came in handy so far, then his water gourd which he'd strap back on his belt. He'd turn off his visor's zoom as he'd prepare to climb down... once they'd be far enough, at least.

It seemed like a path was drawn. They'd finally be able to get a move on, finally, but it was rather troubling now to know if the new stranger, Straw, was going to come or not... He didn't say yes or no, but was he also appointed the position of leader? Seria had a good feeling about him, though. Sure... his look and attitude might not match the perfect friend, but he seemed to know this thing rather well and he had a good point on the village of Appleloosa. The fairy had never been in such a place, nor did she know much about it, but knew ponies and buffalos lived there and nearby.

Only thing which would worry her was the tunnel. Was it really safe? It might be old or something. It was supposed to be a secret passage, but maybe it had been discovered as well. It was also probably very dark inside... but this wouldn't be a problem. The fairy's staff's orb seemed like it was containing thousands of fireflies inside. These small moving orbs of light could be used to create light rather easily and without demanding much. She knew how to do that, at least. Well... thinking a little, she'd look determined and nodded to herself. She would then fly up just above the ground, holding the staff down with both hooves and would clear her throat.

Seria; *Ahem* Mister Straw? I think we're ready to follow you.

She would declare. They just had to get going as well... things weren't going anywhere by now. Yet when Glady heard that, she immediately turned to her friend seeming to disagree.

Glady: You're going to let a stranger lead us?! He called us cows!

And she'd turn towards Straw.

Glady: By the way snow doesn't burn!

Smiling at this, the fairy would also give her a look and raise a hoof slightly.

Seria: Well you know that if the ice is cold enough we say that it burns? It's so cold that it hurts.

Oh... Glady Leaf didn't see that one coming there and Seria had put this one in a simple way. Slowly turning to her friend, she was marked of a frown, defeated. The hammer fell to the ground and the filly sat down in the grass, neck lowered and a big pout on her face. She'd just keep herself quiet now before she'd keep making a fool of herself. To Seria it was rather priceless to see that and Violet next to her couldn't help but to giggle a little, yet it didn't take long for the two of them to feel guilty about that... But Glady was also not helping the situation by judging so quickly.

Seria; A-Anyway... We should get going.

Seria would fly slowly towards their new guide, almost followed by Violet. The unicorn was about to go, but saw that Glady didn't feel like doing anything again. So she would approach her.

Violet: Coming?

Without a word the earth filly got up again, her face refused to change. Picking up the hammer with the added difficulty of before, she'd begin walking in direction of Seria, now followed by Violet.

venom continued with them as her tail began to rattle "i have a feeling we're being watched' she said her tail raised cautiously ".......we need to hurry as it may be a threat" Venom said

(( right, so I really want to keep things going so I guess we'll carry on without him for the time being. ))

The poncho-wearing pony would stay behind, it would seem. Just a passerby that got mingled in their discussion by the looks of it, gave them a few directions and tips before leaving. Honestly, he'd have his doubt about the autenticity of his directions under normal circumstances... but in this world? It seemed like those creatures were... how to say? Less prone to lies and slanders than in his world? Something like that.

When the group would get a move on and leave, includig the poncho pony, he'd finally start to climb down from it. Keeping his bushy net over him, he'd follow them from a distance... a very long one. Tracking had been a good part of his training, after all. And here, it would be quite easy. There was lots of trees, forests, bushes and whatnot... and those he would be following had no sensory equipment like those aliens he had been trained to fight against.

So with that, he'd get a move on, going from tree to tree, boulder to bushes while not making a single noise despite his weight and size.

Being in the front, Seria had heard of Venom's warning. By curiosity she looked around quickly while floating in the air, but couldn't see anything at all. She looked a little more, yet nothing was seen by her.

Seria: Maybe it's just an animal... We're close to the forest, after all.

She said. She knew that this said animal could be a predator or something... but she didn't want to think it was. Although she wished for that, she was also conscious that they were going on a dangerous quest, so.... it was all about hope of being able to travel safely, then. And seconds after she said that, her and her friends heard rustling and a wolf made of fire came out. Seria quickly turned around to face it, but in an instant fear took over her. She hovered back and down on the grass and began to walk backward, her wings unable to function properly at the moment. In an instant Glady took over and jumped in front of her ready to defend her and the others looking angry at the beast, her hammer ready. If there was something she knew she was good at, it was to smash thing to bits and this wolf could very well taste a swing of her heavy hammer.

Glady: Stand back!

She'd tell her. Violet then instantly took place next to the earth filly, also taking position to fight. Right away her knives would come floating out of her bag in a golden aura of magic. The two of them were ready to face the wolf... Yet Glady would quickly glance at Violet with her eyes.

Glady: Help Seria... She needs it.

At that Violet seemed to hesitate at first, but nodded. The knives would float back in the bags and she'd turn around to run to the fairy who was in shock. Violet knew she was better at helping like this and Glady was always better in situations like this. She knew she was made tough. Besides there was a reason why she wanted her to help Seria as well. The young unicorn arrived there and put a hoof on Seria's back before showing her her face. Surprises like these never helped the fairy... having seen it from afar she would have been able to keep her calm, but she was rather sensitive on that part.

The fairy would look at Violet and already just taking her attention away from the beast was helping a little.

Violet: Are you okay?

She'd ask. Seria stared for a while longer before looking back at the front and seeing the fire wolf again. This time though it was like she had already snapped out of it. Glady had taken place there and was ready to fight the beast. At that the fairy got up and took her staff again, but remained in the back, nodding at Violet. The three of them were ready to engage the best... although young, they were quite aware of their abilities.

"STOP!!!!" the voice of a colt said as a pegasus colt made completely out of patchwork landed between them and protected the wolf with a scowl on his face anger in his button eyes

Archived